Stones recording Sympathy for the Devil

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Stones recording Sympathy for the Devil

Post by Sudden Sam »

Something a little lighter and a helluva lot cooler than our political bickering.

https://laughingsquid.com/rolling-stone ... the-devil/
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Stones recording Sympathy for the Devil

Post by Mikey »

Great stuff. Love Bill Wyman's red boots. Nicky Hopkins looks like a high school nerd playing his organ.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I love studio stuff. The making of albums that we’re familiar with. Had a bunch of Beatles studio stuff on LPs (about 1970) that a buddy brought back from San Francisco. Of all things to let get away…

Managed a local band a few years back and enjoyed the process of putting together an album.

It’s getting easy to find some great stuff these days.

Chip, are you familiar with The Copas Brothers band from back in 70s/80s? Glad you enjoyed this clip.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Snarky Puppy may not be your "cup of tea" but many times they have recorded their albums live in studio with a small audience. No overdubs, no editing. Just great players and engineer. And this is a very big band.

Give this a shot. Especially Cory Henry's keyboard solo starting at about 4:25. Dude knows how to bring it to a high energy finish. Larnell Lewis, the drummer, doesn't suck either.

Here's another one with Lalah Hathaway (Daughter of Donny) singing, recording straight to album. You're not supposed to be able sing two notes at once.
This one won a Grammy in 2014 (maybe 2015).

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Weird. I listened to them at work last week. Don’t remember how I stumbled across them. Seems like you might have mentioned them in the past maybe. Or Smackie might have said something.

Will check them out in a bit.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Nice! Yeah, I like me some Snarky Puppy.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:30 pm This cannot be racked enough.
Agreed
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I really dislike the Stones, for many reasons. One of those reasons is they made S4tD, one of my Mt Rushmore songs, but then kept going. It they were a one hit wonder and that was their hit, I would absolutely love them.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:58 am I really dislike the Stones, for many reasons. One of those reasons is they made S4tD, one of my Mt Rushmore songs, but then kept going. It they were a one hit wonder and that was their hit, I would absolutely love them.
I don’t know what to say.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:16 am Snarky Puppy may not be your "cup of tea" but many times they have recorded their albums live in studio with a small audience. No overdubs, no editing. Just great players and engineer. And this is a very big band.

Give this a shot. Especially Cory Henry's keyboard solo starting at about 4:25. Dude knows how to bring it to a high energy finish. Larnell Lewis, the drummer, doesn't suck either.

Here's another one with Lalah Hathaway (Daughter of Donny) singing, recording straight to album. You're not supposed to be able sing two notes at once.
This one won a Grammy in 2014 (maybe 2015).

Hey Mikey! (Flashback to old commercial)

Here’s what I had seen about Snarky Puppy:

Gouge Performing Arts Center at Auburn University
Snarky Puppy
Monday, October 9, @ 7pm
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Booger wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:27 am
Kierland wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:58 am I really dislike the Stones, for many reasons. One of those reasons is they made S4tD, one of my Mt Rushmore songs, but then kept going. It they were a one hit wonder and that was their hit, I would absolutely love them.
I don’t know what to say.
Poor trolling, I'd say.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah but you are dumb enough to move to Bugaha and love it.