Re: Old left vs new left

Post by Kierland »

r/therightcantmeme
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

BTW, it’s not a meme. It’s an editorial cartoon.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Booger wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:53 pm The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

Nope, but the stupidity of simpletons is pretty annoying...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If there’s anyone canceling “free speech” these days it’s red state Republicans. See Montana, Florida and Tennessee for example. Same thing with “do what you’re told.” Please try to keep up.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Yes, the GOP is doing it, too, but this new Dem party is a sad remnant of the past.

Your behavior in regard to lockdowns, vaccine mandates, cancel culture is making old school liberals puke.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Mikey wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:02 pm If there’s anyone canceling “free speech” these days it’s red state Republicans. See Montana, Florida and Tennessee for example. Same thing with “do what you’re told.” Please try to keep up.
Go ahead and throw Texas on that pile as well.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Booger wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:53 pm The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

The left still wants no drug war, they still want free love, they are still anti war and anti police violence, they just took a vax cause people were dying and you flipped your shit and decided to post a shitty meme about it that isn’t even true.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Booger's cartoon is spot on. True liberals are appalled at the nonsense going on now.

You leftist squirms are too blinded by your fascism - and that's what your party truly embodies - to realize what's happening.

The comments here reflect your ignorance, blindness, or both.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I already explained how you are full of shit. All you did was say no “I’m right” like a typical stupid Nazi.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

But I am right you stupid bitch.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Did you stick your tongue out at the screen while you wrote that?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sven Golly wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:05 pm But I am right you stupid bitch.
Again, I explained how you are wrong. You know facts, which don’t care about your feelings.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland can’t even differentiate between an editorial cartoon and a meme. It’s way too much to expect him to accept the obvious fascist leanings of the new left.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

An EC is a meme, but again you are full of shit. I just explained how but all you have is “you’re a fascist” when you don’t even know what it means.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Booger wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:30 pm Yes, the GOP is doing it, too, but this new Dem party is a sad remnant of the past.

Your behavior in regard to lockdowns, vaccine mandates, cancel culture is making old school liberals puke.
What do you know about "my behavior," and what exactly about it do you object to? That I followed the vaccine schedule, and that I worked from home while Covid was spreading (our offices were closed, BTW)? Yeah I guess that was pretty radical. Don't even get me started on "cancel culture." Got talk to the folks in Montana, Florida, Tennessee and, oh yeah, Texas.

:meds: :meds: :meds:

BTW...most people would consider me an "old school liberal" but what would you actually know about any of that?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Always have considered you an old school lib, Mikey. We have much in common.

That post was poorly expressed. I was referring to today’s left in general, but it reads as if I meant you. My bad.

And to Kierland, who is consistently wrong on so many subjects yet thinks he’s batting 1.000 overall, you’re wrong again. An editorial cartoon has zero relationship to a meme.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Meme: : an amusing or interesting item (such as a captioned picture or video) or genre of items that is spread widely online especially through social media

So you literally turned it into a meme just by posting it here.
But that’s not even the issue, the issue was the content, which wasn’t amusing and was only interesting in that it made you look stupid for posting it. Hence, r/the rightcantmeme.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Help me make the most Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world

So glad we've almost made it
So sad they had to fade it
Everybody wants to rule the world...
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:27 pm Meme: : an amusing or interesting item (such as a captioned picture or video) or genre of items that is spread widely online especially through social media

So you literally turned it into a meme just by posting it here.
But that’s not even the issue, the issue was the content, which wasn’t amusing and was only interesting in that it made you look stupid for posting it. Hence, r/the rightcantmeme.
You’re hopeless.

As for the cartoon, it perfectly illustrates the differences in what we felt and espoused in the early ‘70s as opposed to the authority-loving left of today.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

There is no new authority loving left. You made that up. You have had ample opportunity to explain what you mean but you can’t cause it’s all made up. You posted a shitty meme and now you can’t back it up with any receipts. How shocking. And don’t try and gloss yourself as an old lefty. You are a homophobic, misogynistic old man yelling at a cloud.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Booger wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:52 amAs for the cartoon, it perfectly illustrates the differences in what we felt and espoused in the early ‘70s as opposed to the authority-loving left of today.
Bill Maher is often taking about this these days.

But the new nazi left barks him down, claiming Maher is now an old man who has become conservative.

lol

The point of the cartoon is well taken, Sam.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Et tu pop? Can you please explain how that is true?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I don't understand your question.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I watched Real Time With Bill Maher in the 90's. I remember him stacking the left side with far-left loonies like Ariana Huffington instead of putting credible liberals.on the panel. Maher is a conservative.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego wrote:Maher is a conservative
No.
Not close.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:54 am I don't understand your question.
I explained how the meme isn’t true. I was asking you to show how it is true.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

How Sam's cartoon is true?

I have observed the same thing Sam has.

The "hippy dippy" types of the 1960s and '70s were not about obedience, and adherence to various protocols that someone was establishing.

College campuses, for example, used to be bastions for liberal culture and free expression, but now are much the opposite.
You've got hordes of butthurt young folks who can't handle it when someone speaks, or acts, in a way(s) that is contrary to the world view they are insisting on.

Comics don't want to work on college campuses any longer, because they can't even do their act without people freaking out about what the comic is joking about.

Sorry to tell you, the modern lib has become a leftist nazi.

Not all modern libs, of course, but the trend is for certain.

Confusion reigns supreme.

The fact that you've got one of the board lefties in here trying to claim that Bill Maher is a conservative pretty much says it all.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Maher is a corporate dem so yes he is what people called a conservative years ago. As for the meme, there were always people like the person in the larger vehicle. I think you are just falling for the mislabeling of people. Not liking shitty offensive jokes isn’t anti speech it’s pro speech because now both sides are being heard. Person with the shitty jokes gets play just due to the Streisand effect and the people calling them out for their shitty joke is being heard finally. Same thing happened when people started getting pissy about lame racial jokes. As I said before all the core left causes are still there. I think what you and the meme are trying to say is politics has shifted right and now what was called the left back in the day is almost gone (except maybe legalizing pot and talking about climate) so the not so right looks like the left cause there HAS to be a left and right or peoples’ brains explode. The satire it contains (if it contains any) speaks to the WHOLE of American politics over 50 years not the shift in one part.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:27 am And don’t try and gloss yourself as an old lefty. You are a homophobic, misogynistic old man yelling at a cloud.
I’m neither homophobic nor misogynistic. Not even in the slightest.

Pop explained things quite well. You just refuse to face reality.

Try to understand what a meme is. You’re embarrassing yourself.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You hate trans (many of whom are homosexual) you hate women being able to choose what to do with their bodies so yeah you are both of those. Pop explained nothing I didn’t counter. Try and have an actual conversation and post about what people said not the same repetitive echo chamber nonsense.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I don’t hate anyone.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Your stances tell a different story. Sorry to break it to you but you’re a pretty shitty human.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:17 pm Your stances tell a different story. Sorry to break it to you but you’re a pretty shitty human.
Sorry to break it to you, but your opinion of me means absolutely nothing.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That’s my whole point dum dum.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:40 pm Actual First Amendment violations are relatively rare, certainly as compared to how often they are claimed.

But with Disney vs DeSantis, we very well may see a landmark First Amendment case. If these facts happened about 20 years ago, it would have been a slam dunk victory for Disney, an obvious First Amendment violation. With the current SCOTUS, however, who knows.

The Mouse has elite attorneys, and they would not have filed suit unless they thought they has a strong case. I'm not betting against them.
I read the complaint. Seems like weak sauce to me. What do you find compelling?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The gov targeting free speech is pretty weak sauce, if you’re a Nazi.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Kierland wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:46 am The gov targeting free speech is pretty weak sauce.
Left-wing Slate says the sauce is dripping from your chin, per usualm.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... ained.html
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

As I understand things, Disney got a sweetheart deal, which essentially allows autonomy within the State of Florida that no other company or individual enjoys. Desantis got tired of their shit (which might be an interesting avenue for discovery), and decided to reign in the Mouse’s exceptional privileges. Disney used its control and slick lawyers to try to pull a fast one and might get away with it. But I’ve never seen a contract case against the government succeed. The First Amendment stuff is for morons who think that banning others from speaking is being anti-fascist.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:18 am
Kierland wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:46 am The gov targeting free speech is pretty weak sauce.
Left-wing Slate says the sauce is dripping from your chin, per usualm.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... ained.html
Of course YOU don’t have a take, other than “just let the Nazi do Nazi stuff” do you? I thought not. Run back under your hole coward.