I love not owning a car

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

I love not owning a car

Post by Screw_Michigan »

High gas prices? Who gives a flying fuck? Certainly not me!

Rack me!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Re: I love not owning a car

Post by Kierland »

It sucks balls driving your house around right now, but I’m still not paying what it was in Cali when I left, just not looking forward to heading back this Summer as much. Probably hang out in NM & AZ for an extra month.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

SW FL diesel is over $5 a gallon, gasoline on its way there. Cost of shipping everything does affect every one. Sone states are just adding on too much of their taxes on fuel. All the solar, wind, hamster power are just pipe dreams. Until we figure out cold fusion things will be dicey.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:50 pm High gas prices? Who gives a flying fuck? Certainly not me!

Rack me!
Screwy has to be trolling. He can't be this dumb. Can he?

Because gas in only used in the tank of passenger vehicles.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I pay $0.09/kWh charge my EV.

That's equivalent to about $0.68/gallon, assuming the the gas powered car would get 30 mpg.

It may be a pipe dream, but it seems to work.

Rack ME!!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:06 pm I pay $0.09/kWh charge my EV.

That's equivalent to about $0.68/gallon, assuming the the gas powered car would get 30 mpg.

Rack ME!!
Rack you!
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Wolfman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:00 pm SW FL diesel is over $5 a gallon, gasoline on its way there. Cost of shipping everything does affect every one. Sone states are just adding on too much of their taxes on fuel. All the solar, wind, hamster power are just pipe dreams. Until we figure out cold fusion things will be dicey.
Diesel yesterday when I got some for my tractor was $ 5.29 a gallon. This morning same station it was $ 5.49. Probably be about $ 6.00 early next week. A former / now again client asked me to recalculate all his trucking costs for him on his set of 3 trucks that run Shitland to Central Oregon every day. A round trip of about 360 miles the cost before profit is about $ 1,900. Per mile cost right now of $ 6.28 per mile that is changing every day. He has to charge about $ 9.50 per mile. These are short hauls perishable products and they have to dead head back most days. That is $ 3,420 to move 27 tons payload, 126.00 per ton.

I should link a picture of a truck delivering food goods so that Screwed in the Ass understands that food and fuel does not move by those publicly subsidized mass transit drug dealer transportation system he so dearly loves.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:24 am Image
Good to see you posting a cartoon making fun of DeathCult Brandon. He is about the only one left who doesn’t get it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:36 am
Good to see you posting a cartoon making fun of DeathCult Brandon. He is about the only one left who doesn’t get it.
If you think that this cartoon is about Biden....then you're seriously delusional. Anybody who thinks that this cartoon is about anything other than some Americans whining about the price of gas while innocent civilians are being bombed needs their head examined.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:01 am

Rack ME!!
Great for going to work, but not an option for frequent road traveling... If they'd get those fuckers to where they'd have a range of 600-700 miles on the highway and/or 400 miles with a re-charge time of about 10 minutes, I'd be on one like stink on shit...
STFU fatman. Most people only need 50-100 at a time and most evs do more than that. Toe the party line all you want but that’s just stupid.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:14 am
If you think that this cartoon is about Biden....then you're seriously delusional. Anybody who thinks that this cartoon is about anything other than some Americans whining about the price of gas while innocent civilians are being bombed needs their head examined.
Oh so you are making fun of yourself and kicking your own ass again. You are the one constantly bitching about oil company profits. Profits that DeathCult Brandon is directly responsible for.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:40 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:14 am

Oh so you are making fun of yourself and kicking your own ass again. You are the one constantly bitching about oil company profits. Profits that DeathCult Brandon is directly responsible for.
Yes Brandon is making them charge more money for gas. He is making them greedy, they are actually nice people who WANT to lower prices but Brandon won’t let them.
Fuck of traytorr.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The MAGAs all want Brandon to be "tougher on Putin" but get their panties twisted when gas prices go up a little, at least partially because of the economic sanctions on Russia. They seem to think that "tough on Putin" would be best accomplished by carpet bombing Moscow or something. I'm sure that would work out just fine.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:06 pm The MAGAs all want Brandon to be "tougher on Putin" but get their panties twisted when gas prices go up a little, at least partially because of the economic sanctions on Russia. They seem to think that "tough on Putin" would be best accomplished by carpet bombing Moscow or something. I'm sure that would work out just fine.
Nice projection. Link us up to anyone complaining about gas prices due to Russian sanctions here. Maybe there is one that I missed. Further DeathCult Brandon didn’t sanction Russian oil until yesterday. He was the one worried about gas prices while Ukrainian citizens died. Then link us up to where people are calling for the carpet bombing of Moscow.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:23 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:06 pm The MAGAs all want Brandon to be "tougher on Putin" but get their panties twisted when gas prices go up a little, at least partially because of the economic sanctions on Russia. They seem to think that "tough on Putin" would be best accomplished by carpet bombing Moscow or something. I'm sure that would work out just fine.
Nice projection. Link us up to anyone complaining about gas prices due to Russian sanctions here. Maybe there is one that I missed. Further DeathCult Brandon didn’t sanction Russian oil until yesterday. He was the one worried about gas prices while Ukrainian citizens died. Then link us up to where people are calling for the carpet bombing of Moscow.
Since you insist on taking everything I wrote in that post completely literally, I’ll ask you to point out where in the post I mentioned anyone “here?” I only said “MAGAs” so I guess since you seem to be particularly offended by the post, one could logically conclude that you self-identify as a YUGE fallator of Orange dick.

Nice self-asskicking, BTW.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Oh ok, we shouldn’t take you literally. Got it.

So noted.

Regardless it is still projection.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:52 am Oh ok, we shouldn’t take you literally. Got it.

So noted.

Who the fuck do you think I am? Tucker Carlson?

You might try looking up the definition of “hyperbole” as a rhetorical device, a word you’ve probably used a whole bunch of times without actually knowing what it means. The fact that you can’t recognize it when it basically slaps you in the face just goes to show what a tedious lump of undifferentiated matter you really are.

And you wouldn’t know “projection” if it buttfucked you in the mouth.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack ME!!
Not sure how many times we need to go through this.....

Yes, EVs make sense for an old retired/work from home fukker who lives in one of the most sunny spots on the planet.

And still, you are heavily subsidized. Your MST was paid for partly by poor people in cold gray shitty places, who drive 30 year old Corollas.

If you gave even the slightest of fukks about the overwhelming majority of the planet that is relying on affordable, reliable energy to improve their lives, you'd be for things like nuke power and exploitation of fossil fuels in non-hostile places until we can develop alternatives to a point where they are feasible.

But no, you want to force it down our throats. So what if it results in a geopolitical situation we are currently facing where that other type of nuke power could be unleashed. You know, that type of nuke fusion we have figured out.

Have you ever watched anything put out by Bjorn Sonborg or Patrick Moore?

Neither of these guys are drill-baby-drill!!!!! conservatives, but they are honest and have studied the topic. They both would like to see us wean ourselves off fossil fuels, but it has to be done logically. It can't be dictated by idiotic politicians like Al Gore who haven't a fukking clue. The priority should be to figure out how to drag the world's poor out of poverty and you don't do it by forcing extremely expensive energy solutions on them.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Are you trying to say that fossil fuels and nukes aren’t highly subsidized?

Seriously?

Take your sanctimonious bullshit and shove it up your ass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:15 pm The priority should be to figure out how to drag the world's poor out of poverty and you don't do it by forcing extremely expensive energy solutions on them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since when do you, out of all people, give a fuck about "dragging the world's poor out of poverty?"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I really do believe that nuke power development is something that should have government support. It really is the short term answer to the "green power" question. It very well could be a long term answer as well.

I keep hearing that oil is subsidized. How so, exactly? Are you calling operating expense deductions a subsidization? If that is a subsidization, then everything is subsidized. The answer to getting away from such subsidies is to do away with corporate taxes completely. The government should be operated through simple income taxes. All "corporate" income eventually shows up as a dividend anyway and that is the place to tax it. Pretending that a corporate tax isn't paid by people is a joke.

As for "green" power, I don't have a problem with government having some role in R&D. Watch some of Lonborg's talks. He's an extremely smart dude who has studied the hell out of the economics of it all and he says that a few bucks spent there is far better than spending it to provide some upper middle class flat slob in local a shady spot by his pool.

Lonborg's central points are that we need to do a little better at cost benefit analysis. Actually, he says, we are pretty good at doing it, we just really suck at following it. He also says we need to drag the 3rd world out of poverty the same way we got out of it, with fossil fuels. His reasoning is that so long as they remain poverty stricken, they will continue to shit up their local environment because someone on the edge of starvation doesn't concern himself with such trivial bullshit like ecology.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:34 pm
smackaholic wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:15 pm The priority should be to figure out how to drag the world's poor out of poverty and you don't do it by forcing extremely expensive energy solutions on them.

Since when do you, out of all people, give a fuck about "dragging the world's poor out of poverty?"
How much you or I care about it is irrelevant.

How would you solve their energy needs? Solar farms and Powerwalls? Maybe windmills?

Even rich countries like Germany, who have gone all in on utopian green power schemes are regretting it, now that Vlad is threatening to turn off the tap. The Germans have admitted they will burn every bit of coal they can get their hands on right now and will not shutdown and more nukes.

Perhaps a day will come when we can run this place on unicorn farts, but it ain't gonna be today or even next week. By all means, go ahead and develop these things, but don't shut down that nuke plant until you KNOW you don't need it anymore. Shutting it down and keeping your fingers crossed that bad people will keep the tap open until you have all this shit in place is turning out to be a bad plan.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

SM wrote:I love not owning a car.

Rack me!

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:25 am
You might try looking up the definition of “hyperbole” as a rhetorical device
You made statement and were called on it and now you want to fall back on it wasn’t meant to be taken literally and or was hyperbole. Your insults and such are just more window dressing to distract from it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Smackaholic is not well informed.

Sin,
MA

https://generation180.org/the-absurd-tr ... subsidies/
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:52 am Oh ok, we shouldn’t take you literally. Got it.

So noted.

As soon as I started pointing out that BrokenPsyche and his deathcult bullshit is projection, a new word appears in his vocabulary.

Douche.

Fuck off traytorr.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Smackaholic's sudden concern for environmental and economic equity is quite touching, isn't it?

I'm sure he gets that the poor folk in the LA Basin are all just happy as shit to have one of these in their back yard, or next to their kids' elementary schools.

And the folks in Long Beach, Wilmington, El Segundo and Carson love coming home to wonderful sights and smells of a refinery next door.

Especially when they burn the fuck up.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Leave me outta this.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Carson wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:19 pm Leave me outta this.
Dude, you're on fire!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:31 pm

Smackaholic's sudden concern for environmental and economic equity is quite touching, isn't it?

I'm sure he gets that the poor folk in the LA Basin are all just happy as shit to have one of these in their back yard, or next to their kids' elementary schools.

And the folks in Long Beach, Wilmington, El Segundo and Carson love coming home to wonderful sights and smells of a refinery next door.

Especially when they burn the fuck up.

If I have to pick between a well pump and a ginormous bird killer as a neighbor, I will go for the pump. Much quieter.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I'll take a Magic Shade Tree over either of them.

Though the battery and the heat pump water heater in the garage make it sound sort of like the equipment room in a medium sized commercial building when they're both running.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:30 pm I'll take a Magic Shade Tree over either of them.

Though the battery and the heat pump water heater in the garage make it sound sort of like the equipment room in a medium sized commercial building when they're both running.
But the MST won't produce anything close to enough power to run much beyond your water heater.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:31 am
Mikey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:30 pm I'll take a Magic Shade Tree over either of them.

But the MST won't produce anything close to enough power to run much beyond your water heater.
I can run the entire house on the MST and battery in case of a power failure. In fact it’s set up to automatically disconnect from the utility and operate as a microgrid. The water heater is a pretty small part of the total load. The entire house is connected to the protected loads panel (the one that runs the house if the power goes down), except for the electric stove and oven in the kitchen. They suck too much current and might shut down the battery. But we have a microwave in the garage and a couple of grills in the back yard so we’re pretty well covered there.

I could run the house almost indefinitely if I had to. We finally got rid of our propane furnace and water heater, so everything (except the backyard grills) is electric. Depending on the time of year I might have to cut back on the pool pump, the AC, or the electric heat pump space heating. Especially if it’s cloudy for a few days (not too common here). But a week or two wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

If we’re out for more than week I think the odds are there’s something bigger going on than a power failure. So, being able to run all my stuff off the grid is not the greatest of my concerns.

I guess all I need now is a .50 cal machine gun mounted in a turret on the roof, and a cistern to store rainwater, and I be a bigger Prepper than duhron.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Hmmmm, lots of talk and troubles about gas and masks lately.

I guess it’s all colon prep for what is soon to pop up again:

Gas masks. :?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

L45B wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:24 pm Hmmmm, lots of talk and troubles about gas and masks lately.

Why’s that? You visiting Papa Willie?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:31 am

Proceeds to get taken to the woodshed by someone that knows facts.

Dude just admit it, you’re dumb.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:24 pm Hmmmm, lots of talk and troubles about gas and masks lately.

Like this guy?

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You people are weirdos.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 am You people are weirdos.
To put it mildly