Way to go Maryland

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Way to go Maryland

Post by Left Seater »

How in the hell do you keep DJ Durkin as your head coach at the end of this suspension? Players walking out of the first meeting back with Durkin might just be the sign of things to come.

A young man died at the hands of this program and yet only the President of the Univ has the balls to stand up and say anything remotely close to what should be said. It is time to fire the AD and the entire Board of Regents. Reports are saying that the BOR told the President to retain Durkin or he would be fired and the BOR would find someone else who would be willing to keep him. Reports are also saying that the President didn't resign immediately only because he was worried that no one would represent the interests of the player who died if he resigned today.

How the hell Durkin is going to recruit is beyond me. All a coach from another program has to do is hand the recruits mom a copy of the Maryland report, and then shut up.

Sad, sad day for college football.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Way to go Maryland

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:How in the hell do you keep DJ Durkin as your head coach at the end of this suspension? Players walking out of the first meeting back with Durkin might just be the sign of things to come.

A young man died at the hands of this program and yet only the President of the Univ has the balls to stand up and say anything remotely close to what should be said. It is time to fire the AD and the entire Board of Regents. Reports are saying that the BOR told the President to retain Durkin or he would be fired and the BOR would find someone else who would be willing to keep him. Reports are also saying that the President didn't resign immediately only because he was worried that no one would represent the interests of the player who died if he resigned today.

How the hell Durkin is going to recruit is beyond me. All a coach from another program has to do is hand the recruits mom a copy of the Maryland report, and then shut up.

Sad, sad day for college football.
As a former NCAA football player, I'm glad you feel this way. There's a lot of people chiming in about how Durkin trains his players for "top level college football." IMO, top level college football ends when a player dies at your hands. Period.

Never EVER thought I would say this but rack the fukk out of Wallace Loh for doing the right thing.

Regarding recruiting at UMD, it really doesn't matter. No one wants to play at UMD anyway. I've lived here 10 years and I've never seen a more dysfuctional athletic department than the one in College Park. It's a shame. It's a historical DC metro area school and other than soccer, women's lacrosse and men's lacrosse (every so often), the athletics program is a disaster.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:As a former NCAA football player, I'm glad you feel this way.
You played football for WMU? What position?
"I see everything twice!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:As a former NCAA football player, I'm glad you feel this way.
Yes, not me, smart ass.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:
Yes, not me, smart ass.
Just wondering, since that's how your sentence reads. "As a former NCAA football player, I" implies you played NCAA football. Of course, as a journalist, you know this.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I know of no video of the conditioning drills. I doubt those would be taped since it wasn't a practice per say.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Smackie Chan wrote:Of course, as a journalist, you know this.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote: Just wondering, since that's how your sentence reads. "As a former NCAA football player, I" implies you played NCAA football. Of course, as a journalist, you know this.
Are you available to freelance proofread all my posts? You know I obviously need the help here.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Are you available to freelance proofread all my posts?
I'd need a full-time staff.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I played at the University of Maine. The pre-season drills were brutal, but nothing any worse than the PT I had in the Army.Issues like concussion and heat stroke are mostly a football problem. NCAA rules and regulations try what they can to prevent a lot of it. You can't prevent all of it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Governor voiced his disapproval. I bet the story is going to be that he got involved. He's the only person powerful enough to pull this kind of weight.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's outrageous. He still gets 5.5 mil, because they didn't fire him "for cause."

I would think gross negligence which resulted in a fucking death is a pretty good "for cause" argument. Poor use of university funds (although hopefully, they consulted counsel first).

Baylor should hire him.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Lots of questions here. Why reinstate him then fire him a day later? Was the firing due to public outcry? How can the BOR be so out of touch? As Dins said, how is this not a for cause firing?

Maryland you are an embarrassment.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Lots of questions here. Why reinstate him then fire him a day later? Was the firing due to public outcry? How can the BOR be so out of touch? As Dins said, how is this not a for cause firing?

Word is Under Armor founder and influential alum (and Trump supporter) Kevin Plank wanted Durkin to stay.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Went to the grandsons soccer game last Saturday and was watching the plays. Pretty good for 10 year olds, nice pass to one set up on the goal corner and has the ball came across, I expected the kid to head the ball to an easy goal. Nope, ball flies past and out of play. This happens two other times and I ask my son why the fuck they are not heading the ball ???

Oh, they don't head the ball anymore..there is a chance of concussion. Apparently last year a couple of kids complained of their heads hurt and their soccer moms went all WebMD and decided they had concussions. No medical diagnosis of that, but they thought that, so they went to the Rec Board and demanded they stop heading the ball if it was going to cause possible concussions. So they shut down heading in the entire city youth program.

I told my grandson I would buy him a new .22 target rifle if he would join the 4H shooting club next fall and not play soqueer. He seemed down with that.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Hey, that win against Texas still gets recorded.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Derron wrote:I told my grandson I would buy him a new .22 target rifle if he would join the 4H shooting club next fall and not play soqueer. He seemed down with that.
I bet.
Taking boy out to shoot some squirrels in the head will assure that he doesn't end up queer.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Papa Willie wrote:Evidently, they wanted to take care of the coach. He'll get his money now. Thing is - hanging onto him for that extra 24 hours probably power-fucked Maryland to the wall, no matter who they get to coach now.

I could look, but I'll ask y'all - what were the weather conditions when the guy died?
Hot.

What isn’t mentioned much is the kid had a liver transplant. Not sure how long before his death.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Just delete them all.

Save time and earn hero status, too.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Lots of questions here. Why reinstate him then fire him a day later? Was the firing due to public outcry? How can the BOR be so out of touch? As Dins said, how is this not a for cause firing?

Word is Under Armor founder and influential alum (and Trump supporter) Kevin Plank wanted Durkin to stay.

Link? Or is this just in your fantasy world?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Link? Or is this just in your fantasy world?
No link, rumor, dipshit.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Rumor. Well you are a jizz mopper, so you quite familiar. It also satisfies your Trump fetish so there is that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Rumor. Well you are a jizz mopper, so you quite familiar. It also satisfies your Trump fetish so there is that.
Yeah, people talk to each other. Amazing how that works.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Softball Bat wrote:
Derron wrote:I told my grandson I would buy him a new .22 target rifle if he would join the 4H shooting club next fall and not play soqueer. He seemed down with that.
I bet.
Taking boy out to shoot some squirrels in the head will assure that he doesn't end up queer.
Reading a few of grandpa's "takes" will ensure that he does.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Carson wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:
Just delete them all.

Save time and earn hero status, too.
C'mon, you don't mean that. Screwey's posts are the wiper fluid that keeps this board's engine purring like a kitten. With distemper.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote: Link? Or is this just in your fantasy world?
No link, rumor, dipshit.

Rumor..outstanding. What you base all your lame ass takes on. Confirms you don't have a clue what the fuck you are talking about.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So props to the President of the University. He made the call to Fire Durkin on his own. He did that despite the BOR saying they would fire him if he did. Then the head of the BOR resigns the next day.

What a mess.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's easier to field a competitive team when the players are actually alive.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Right. Except if your kid was the one who died you would already have the lawsuit filed. Zero chance you say, well my kid just couldn’t cut it. Turns out he was just a weak assed pussy. I wish coach well in the upcoming season.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I laughed.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote: He gone
Like a steam locomotive
Rolling down the track
He's gone,
He's gone,
And nothing's gonna bring him back
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Like a steam locomotive
Did the train put its brakes on?

Maybe we can lure him in to post.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Your brain is wack... and it can’t post for shit.