Seminoles are a stepping stone job

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Seminoles are a stepping stone job

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Since when is ass To mouth a step up from Free Shoes Univ? The last time aTm won a MNC was in the 50s and they haven't played for shit since.

Fuck aTm
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sounds like they're all over Willie Taggart... and WT ain't interested.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Dinsdale wrote:Sounds like they're all over Willie Taggart... and WT ain't interested.
It doesn't take reading a book by Ayn Rand to know that the Taggarts are all about :bode: and F$U ain't got any.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Fisher overplayed his hand and FSU called his bluff.

Pretty hard to turn down 75 million though.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

L45B wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Sounds like they're all over Willie Taggart... and WT ain't interested.
It doesn't take reading a book by Ayn Rand to know that the Taggarts are all about :bode: and F$U ain't got any.
And he's got a huge new contract sitting on his desk.

But if he goes, Leavitt gets the job (thanks for that hire, Willie). But I don't think promising the recruits the moon and the stars then bailing would bode well for him in his new endeavor.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jimbo Fisher's in such a hurry to get out of FSU that he tossed his Christmas tree on the curb.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Since when is ass To mouth a step up from Free Shoes Univ? The last time aTm won a MNC was in the 50s and they haven't played for shit since.

Fuck aTm
:bode: talks
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Money talks, but I think he also wanted a change of scenery. One down year and that trash fan base turned on him. Also probly wants to get a little further from the ex-wife who apparently was banging members of the tennis team.

edit: pic of skank ex-wife

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

wife banging the tennis team, richest contract ever.....hmm.

however, ATM is a strange place. the SEC-Big XII, Texas-Texas ATM dynamics are super weird these days in the GSoT. i don't know about Aggie. history says they just signed on for a colossal lampoon. Texas Aggie fans are a strange crew.

however, i thought Aggy would take "the next step" when they hired Dennis Francione and Mack still couldn't "win the big game". they didn't.

FWIW, to someone above.....ATM won the NC in 1939. not the fifties. pre-facemask, pre WW2. also, since joining the SEC they are claiming two "new" NC's like 1919 and 1927 or something.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Aggie fired a coach who won 8 games a year. Prior to that they had all kinds of mediocrity going back to Slocumn who was fired for winning 9 games a year. If Fisher can’t get it done for Aggie, can anyone?

Let’s just ponder what might happen if Fisher gets 7-8 wins each of the next three years? Do they fire him and pay him for an additional 7? Do they stay with him and hope and pray they can mix in a 10 win season every decade? Interesting times.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Left Seater wrote:Aggie fired a coach who won 8 games a year. Prior to that they had all kinds of mediocrity going back to Slocumn who was fired for winning 9 games a year. If Fisher can’t get it done for Aggie, can anyone?

Let’s just ponder what might happen if Fisher gets 7-8 wins each of the next three years? Do they fire him and pay him for an additional 7? Do they stay with him and hope and pray they can mix in a 10 win season every decade? Interesting times.
Welcome to America?
Go Bucs, Gators
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I'd be stunned if Coach Taggart didn't take the FSU job. He would run circles around Miami and UF in recruiting. The biggest question would be if he brought Leavitt and Cristobal along with him.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:The biggest question would be if he brought Leavitt and Cristobal along with him.
It's well known that Leavitt wants a HC job. And if WT leaves Oregon, he's got one.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Would love to see him Coach again. I still believe he comes with Taggart.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I seriously doubt he'd turn down a HC job out of some sort of 1-year loyalty to Taggart. That makes no sense. It's also possible that Oregon might be thinking bigger than even Leavitt -- they're not afraid of spending money. Bear in mind, if WT leaves, he's on the hook for his $1.5 mil USF buyout.

BTW -- stupid and likely made-up rumors say that FSU offered him less money than he's making now.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Taggert officially to FSU.

Interesting hire, to say the least.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:I seriously doubt he'd turn down a HC job out of some sort of 1-year loyalty to Taggart. That makes no sense. It's also possible that Oregon might be thinking bigger than even Leavitt -- they're not afraid of spending money. Bear in mind, if WT leaves, he's on the hook for his $1.5 mil USF buyout.

BTW -- stupid and likely made-up rumors say that FSU offered him less money than he's making now.
I thought I read somewhere that he was holding out for $5 million a year.

Don’t underestimate the pull of coming home for Leavitt either. FSU will absolutely clean it up in recruiting with Taggart, Leavitt, and potentially Cristobal.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Killian wrote:Taggert officially to FSU.

Interesting hire, to say the least.
A great hire.

As I said in thread last year when he left, I wished he stayed here for the 2017 season.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tallahassee is closer to Tampa than Eugene, I suppose.

Oregon AD Mullens needs to act fairly quickly. The names that have been kicked around are Leavitt (odds on favorite), Cristobal, Justin Wilcox (would be my choice, huge U of O legacy), Sumlin, and Boise State's Harsin.

Whoever it is, they need to get in touch with the commits pronto.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Leavitt is coming with Taggart
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Dinsdale wrote:Tallahassee is closer to Tampa than Eugene, I suppose.

Oregon AD Mullens needs to act fairly quickly. The names that have been kicked around are Leavitt (odds on favorite), Cristobal, Justin Wilcox (would be my choice, huge U of O legacy), Sumlin, and Boise State's Harsin.

Whoever it is, they need to get in touch with the commits pronto.
You forgot to include the name Brian Kelly.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Leavitt probably could have had the HC job, for about 4 times the $ he's going to get. But it's no secret he wants to be a HC, so it's doubtful he'll be at FSU long.

As commented locally -- WT has been a turncoat multiple times in the last few years, so you'd think he wouldn't suck at it by now. But there's a trail of pissed off recruits in his wake.

Let the hunt begin. Mullens won't be messing around, and Oregon has more money to spend than most other programs. Hoping for a big name hire (which could end up being the interim coach, Mario Cristobal).
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:As commented locally -- WT has been a turncoat multiple times in the last few years, so you'd think he wouldn't suck at it by now. But there's a trail of pissed off recruits in his wake.
I'm sure the local commentators didn't have any issue with the recruits he poached last year.

I'd hardly call him a turncoat. He left WKU after rebuilding them and came to USF, which was still in the BCS at that time. Once we lost that tag I knew he would leave for greener pastures if he was successful here. He rebuilt us and his stock rose. As I had said in the thread last year, I figured he would stick around here for 1 more year (Mack likely would have stayed as well) and wait for a job closer to his comfort zone, especially since there were rumors that far back that the UF job was potentially going to open this year.

Coach Taggart won't say it, but FSU is his dream job and there is no way anyone could have foreseen it opening this year, so he shouldn't be faulted for taking it. He's also said that he wants to be the first African American head coach to win a National Championship. In my opinion, his chances are better of accomplishing that at FSU.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Chip Kelly to Oregon.

Re-stack the dominoes. 8)
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Stepping stone to conference championships and MNC championship games?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:Leavitt is coming with Taggart
That's quite the reliable rumor... since apparently, he's forbidden by his contract from talking to any other school until after the bowl game.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And BTW... good riddance.

Taggart told ESPN that what the players said he told them wasn't true.

Hmmm, who to believe -- the entire team (or those who have commented), or a guy who we've come to know is a known liar ("I haven't had any contact with FSU" - on Saturday, then it comes out they pitched him Thursday).
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:
That's quite the reliable rumor... since apparently, he's forbidden by his contract from talking to any other school until after the bowl game.
That would be a stupid thing to add to a contract by the school. Too many ways a coach who wants out or wants to follow another coach can mess with recruits and half ass bowl prep.

If coaches want out the best thing to do is let them go ASAP.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:And BTW... good riddance.

Hmmm, who to believe -- the entire team (or those who have commented), or a guy who we've come to know is a known liar ("I haven't had any contact with FSU" - on Saturday, then it comes out they pitched him Thursday).
You sound like a jilted lover. Need a tissue?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:And BTW... good riddance.

Funny how the same thing didn't seem to matter to you 1 year ago today.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:
Forbidden until 12/16 I believe.

Thankfully my 21 years working in the Athletic Department at USF have paid off with longstanding relationships with people who used to work here.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Funny how the same thing didn't seem to matter to you 1 year ago today.
I didn't realize he was a compulsive liar a year ago.

And Cristobal it is.

Fucker even had no problem with a large buyout clause, since he's said he isn't going anywhere (time will tell).

Leavitt may well go, since he's likely butthurt about not getting the HC job. Then again, he's also one of the highest paid DCs in the country, so it will be hard for him to improve his financial situation much (and they may even offer him a raise, since Mario came pretty cheap).

A few decommits, but there were more commits than scholarships available anyway. Cristobal has been named recruiter of the year before, so that should sort itself out.

Besides, The Rock approves of the hire, so how can we go wrong?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

The aTm fanbase are the most delusional in BTCFB.

Seriously..what a shit show.

I love watchign that school shit the bed.

'sup Tennessee?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Willie Taggart won 7 games at Oregon with a marquee win of Nebraska that fired Pac also ran Mike RIley.

Dinsdale was defending Mark Helfrich when i posted he was in over his head. 2 years ago.

basically, UO is a dumpster fire or 8 win also-ran factory with a lot of money.

i think Lefty's premise about the ATM hire is the same as mine......not anti capitalist or anti american just that ATM had proven time and time again that a coach can win 8-9 games at ATM with top 15 recruiting.....and get paid a lot less than Jimbo Fisher.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:I didn't realize he was a compulsive liar a year ago.

And Cristobal it is.

Fucker even had no problem with a large buyout clause, since he's said he isn't going anywhere (time will tell).

Leavitt may well go, since he's likely butthurt about not getting the HC job. Then again, he's also one of the highest paid DCs in the country, so it will be hard for him to improve his financial situation much (and they may even offer him a raise, since Mario came pretty cheap).

A few decommits, but there were more commits than scholarships available anyway. Cristobal has been named recruiter of the year before, so that should sort itself out.

Besides, The Rock approves of the hire, so how can we go wrong?
A bit harsh on the compulsive liar comment. I don't think I have seen any coach who will tell the media/recruits that they are interviewing for other jobs before they accept them.

Leavitt is going and it has nothing to do about being "butt hurt" about not getting the HC position. His family is in FL and he'll recruit like crazy. Already seeing FSU dropping some of their current commits for better ones (2 Oregon commits I believe).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:

basically, UO is a dumpster fire or 8 win also-ran factory with a lot of money.
I-A Winning Percentage (since BCS Era began - 19 years)

1 - Boise State - 0.82 - 202 - 43

2 - Ohio State - 0.80 - 186 - 46

3 - Oklahoma - 0.78 - 195 - 54

4 - Florida State - 0.73 - 174 - 63

5 - Oregon - 0.73 - 177 - 65

6 - Texas Christian - 0.73 - 174 - 64

7 - Louisiana State - 0.72 - 175 - 67

8 - Virginia Tech - 0.72 - 180 - 69

9 - Georgia - 0.72 - 187 - 72

10 - Wisconsin - 0.72 - 178 - 70

11 - Texas - 0.72 - 174 - 69

12 - Florida - 0.71 - 175 - 70

13 - Southern Cal - 0.71 - 164 - 67

14 - Alabama - 0.71 - 161 - 67

15 - Miami-Florida - 0.68 - 162 - 77

16 - Nebraska - 0.68 - 167 - 80

17 - Utah - 0.68 - 158 - 76

18 - Louisville - 0.67 - 160 - 79

19 - Clemson - 0.67 - 164 - 81

20 - Michigan - 0.67 - 159 - 80

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey, Wisconsin's in the top 10. With one more win than whOregon. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As they should have. Don't KNOWINGLY play ineligible players, and it won't be a problem.

Sure, shit happens. But when the "upper management" knows it's happening, and says "fuck it," you earned it.

tOSU got odd very easy on that one. Bitching about it is petty.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Props for retaining Coach Leavitt. Nice bump in pay for him as well. FSU can't match that.

Since he stayed I'm kind of surprised he wasn't named Head Coach.