Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Bama-Auburn

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go fuck yourself.

I hope you're right. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Roy Moore says Saban is a pedophile.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

This is essentially the Sweet Sixteen for these two teams.

As usual, Sam is sandbagging big time. Watch Bama win 35-10 or something stupid. Hopefully not.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i sort of like Auburn in this one and posted about it a couple weeks ago. but, i do think the scare @ MSU helps Bama.....teams that haven't played four full quarters can be vulnerable late in the year.

but, really, nothing would surprise me. again, no one had played with Bama for 4 quarters. maybe that continues.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RACK the Allbarn defense for overcoming that ridiculous botched call and holding again on fourth down.

I’ve never seen Bama look so lame before.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What a fun weekend...good luck with all that, committee.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Mission accomplished.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Nice win Spray!
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

How’s this for a scenario.

Georgia beats War Eagle in the CCG. Georgia goes to the CFP as SEC champ. Bama gets invited because they only lost one game and...they’re Bama. Auburn, who beat both of them in the past month is left out.

Spray takes a large dump and leaves Maconga floating three feet deep in shit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:How’s this for a scenario.

Georgia beats War Eagle in the CCG. Georgia goes to the CFP as SEC champ. Bama gets invited because they only lost one game and...they’re Bama. Auburn, who beat both of them in the past month, has to be in. They need a fourth team, so they take LSU for old time's sake. ESPN cums all over itself.
FTFY.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Mikey wrote:How’s this for a scenario.

Georgia beats War Eagle in the CCG. Georgia goes to the CFP as SEC champ. Bama gets invited because they only lost one game and...they’re Bama. Auburn, who beat both of them in the past month is left out.
^^^ This. Is. What. Is. Going. To. Happen.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If you think about it, this would essentially reward Bama for losing to Auburn.

Here's a team that plays an eight game conference schedule, their best win is against MSST, and they lost the only game they've played against a team that's currently in the top 15. By losing to Auburn they avoid playing in the CCG against Georgia, a game that would probably eliminate them if they lost it even if they went in unbeaten.

All the other teams that are in contention are playing in a CCG. This is not only a chance to put up another good win but a chance for a loss that would mean elimination.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Bammer didn't even win their division, let alone their conference. They should be out. Period.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:Bammer didn't even win their division, let alone their conference. They should be out. Period.
Exactly.

I listen to ESPNU on Sirius on the way into work and the way home, so I get about 90 minutes of CFB opinion on weekdays. Obviously, all they're talking about these days is the CFP rankings. The majority opinion seems to be that if the top four don't all win their CCGs this weekend, how can they leave Bama out? If TCU beats Oklahoma, Bama should be in instead of TCU. If tOSU beats Wisky, Bama should be in because of the ugly loss to Iowa. If Clemson loses, Bama should go instead of Miami. Nick Satan thinks Bama deserves a shot. Utter bullshit.

ESPN is 90% Bama homers.
sin,
MA
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

And people wonder why Auburnfan is a conspiracy nut.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Bammer didn't even win their division, let alone their conference. They should be out. Period.
Like Ohio State last year?

Who should be in if Ohio State beats Wisky and Okie loses to TCU?
That would make both tOSU and TCU conference champions. Which makes either of them more qualified than a team that finished second in their division. You yourself have been going on for some time about how depleted Bammer is. You can't have it both ways.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Like Ohio State last year?

Who should be in if Ohio State beats Wisky and Okie loses to TCU?
In this case, if USC beats Stanford then they should be considered along with Ohio State and TCU. Not saying they should be in, but they should be considered. As far as I'm concerned, with a four team playoff like we have now the CCGs should be de facto quarterfinals. Don't win your conference, you're out. The committee should pick the best four of the power five conference champions. No beauty contest, no politics.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: You yourself have been going on for some time about how depleted Bammer is.
Not a slap at the B1G at all, but I think the Badgers and Buckeyes are the only potential playoff teams Bama could hang with right now.
Right. :meds:

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Perfectly good argument to say that tOSU shouldn't have gotten in last year, even excluding the actual result of the game against Clemson. (I, for one, would be fine if the committee made it a requirement that you have to win your conference to make the field.)

But if the committee is to use that decision as a precedent for this year, you have to look at the key criteria of why Ohio State got selected last year--

A) Its one loss was to a conference champion (happened to be in the same conference)
B) Its signature win was against another conference champion (and on the road)
C) It's a BTPCF blue blood program, arguably

2017 Alabama checks a maximum of two of those three boxes.