Your 10/15 top 10.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Your 10/15 top 10.

Post by L45B »

Papa Willie wrote:9. Ohio State - best of the one loss teams.
Oklahoma?

Glad to see South Florida getting some love but do you really think USF is that much better? :grin:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

1. Alabama (1)...see you in Atlanta.
2. Georgia (3)...like Bama, they still have a date with Auburn coming up but seems destined for Atlanta.
3. Penn State (4)...Michigan, at Ohio State and at Michigan State...we'll know who these guys are in the next 3 weeks.
4. TCU (8)...steady as she goes; no real test until a month from now in Norman.
5. Wisconsin (9)...a trip to Indy is pretty much sewn up.
6. Oklahoma (NR)...hasn't looked good since the win in Columbus but can play their way back into a playoff spot.
7. Clemson (2)...of the top 10 losses this weekend, theirs was the least damaging...can turn things around in a few weeks at Raleigh.
8. Miami (10)...another close win but looking like the team to beat in the Coastal Division.
9. Ohio State (NR)...they've been a killing machine since the loss but haven't beaten anyone of note; a week off before hosting the Lions.
10. Notre Dame (NR)...classic showdown with USC coming up; I've liked how they've responded from the close loss to Georgia.

OUT: Washington State (5); Washington (6); Auburn (7)
HMMMMMM
Jake

Post by HMMMMMM »

Until disproven, it's the Tide and 128 pretenders. Unfortunately.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:1. Alabama. In a world of their own. This isn't even up for debate.
2. Penn State
3. TCU
4. Wisconsin
5. UGA. Fuck them and their moronic fans. I will pull for 'Bama in the SECCG. How 'bout that shit?
6. Miami - they're unbeaten.
7. USF - they're unbeaten, and Mucho needs love.
8. South Florida - they're unbeaten.
9. Ohio State - best of the one loss teams.
10. Clemson - without Kelly Bryant, they're fairly average - despite a good defense that didn't show up this past Friday.
USF is good but I don't know that they deserve two spots.

1 Bama - Duh.
2 Ped State - Ditto what Shoalzie said.
3 Jawguh - Weird day for the defense, but still a good team.
4 TCU - Good all-around team.
5 Miami - This doesn't feel right, but I'm doing it anyway.
6 Oklahoma
7 Notre Dame
8 Wisky - Play somebody.
9 Ohio St - Uh oh...their offense woke up.
10 Clempson - Bad loss but shit happens in college football. They are still loaded with talent.

On the cusp: USF, USC
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Been telling you fools -- UDub struggled against bad teams, then got it together at the end of their games. They lost half their team from last year. Finally played a slightly-above-average team on the road, and got punked

1. Bama
2. OU. Lost one game to a very good team.
3. tOSU. Lost to a very good team
4. Wisky. Play someone.
5. UGA. The best of maybe the worst division in FBS.
6. Miami. Bode is Bode.
7. NC State. Stumbled out of the gate, righted the ship.

Everyone else sucks.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Oklahoma is really good. in the first 30 minutes. second halves have been pretty shit. they did pull their head out of their ass and MIkey's D got some stops after blowing a 3 score lead.....against Texas.....which is always better than losing to the horns.

if this means Riley is relying on "outsmarting" people up to the point both teams start playing "football"...and kinda getting your ass kicked a bit after that.... then i'm concerned.

i'd put OU between 6-10.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Alabama
_______________|

TCU
_______________|

Or something like that. As of now, I think the Pac is on the outside looking in.

Shit would really shake up if UGA beat Bama in the SECCG. I think even a one-loss Bama could get in this thing.

Oh shit, it's only October. :shock:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

As a conference the Pac12 is 6-3 vs other power 5 conferences, best such record of any conference. Unfortunately,the conference tends to cannibalize itself.
And there's always ESECPN.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:As a conference the Pac12 is 6-3 vs other power 5 conferences, best such record of any conference. Unfortunately,the conference tends to cannibalize itself.
And you don't have a single team that deserves a whiff of the playoffs. Two of your one-loss teams lost to 3-loss teams last week, and the other one barely scraped by a .500 team.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:As a conference the Pac12 is 6-3 vs other power 5 conferences, best such record of any conference. Unfortunately,the conference tends to cannibalize itself.
And you don't have a single team that deserves a whiff of the playoffs. Two of your one-loss teams lost to 3-loss teams last week, and the other one barely scraped by a .500 team.
And any of those six teams would probably beat the first place team in the B1G west, which is somehow ranked #5 in spite of the fact that they have yet to play a team with a winning record.
What a fucking joke that is.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
And any of those six teams would probably beat the first place team in the B1G west, which is somehow ranked #5 in spite of the fact that they have yet to play a team with a winning record.
What a fucking joke that is.
Any of which six teams? Are you high?

I've said all along that Wisky is overrated. Try to keep up, Corky. On the other hand, PSU or tOSU would easily handle any Pac team.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I see you aren't too good with reading comprehension, either. Read your own sentence, very slowly:
Goober McTuber wrote:Two of your one-loss teams lost to 3-loss teams last week, and the other one barely scraped by a .500 team.
Any of those six is as good a team as Wisky.

Goober McTuber wrote:I've said all along that Wisky is overrated. Try to keep up, Corky. On the other hand, PSU or tOSU would easily handle any Pac team.
PSU and tOSU haven't exactly played blockbuster schedules, either. Just because you're a top-heavy conference doesn't mean your top teams are better than the top teams in a more evenly matched conference, where they actually play competitive football.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I see you aren't too good with reading comprehension, either. Read your own sentence, very slowly:
Goober McTuber wrote:Two of your one-loss teams lost to 3-loss teams last week, and the other one barely scraped by a .500 team.
Any of those six is as good a team as Wisky.
You are high. Extremely high.

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I've said all along that Wisky is overrated. Try to keep up, Corky. On the other hand, PSU or tOSU would easily handle any Pac team.
PSU and tOSU haven't exactly played blockbuster schedules, either. Just because you're a top-heavy conference doesn't mean your top teams are better than the top teams in a more evenly matched conference, where they actually play competitive football.
PSU has soundly beaten everyone they've played other than Iowa who is always tough at home. Other than a loss to the #5 team in the country, tOSU has shit-hammered every team they've faced. Who in the Pac compares to either team? You have the 5th best conference in the country. Deal with it.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You are high. Extremely high.
You have your head up your ass. Way up.

I'd rather be high.
HMMMMMM
Jake

Post by HMMMMMM »

Meh, it's all nonsense anyhow. It won't matter until sometime in December. Fun to argue about though.

If Penn State wins out they're in.

With one loss, they might make it.

That's pretty much all I care about.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HMMMMMM wrote:Meh, it's all nonsense anyhow. It won't matter until sometime in December. Fun to argue about though.

Exactly. Nobody knows what will happen in the next six or seven weeks.

Goobs seems to have some kind of fixation, almost a dick measuring sort of thing, where he has to think that "his" conference is harder than anybody else's.

I mentioned that that the PAC had a good record against other Power Five conferences but that they tend to cannibalize themselves. Goobs takes that as some sort of insult to his virility or something.
Ponderous.
HMMMMMM
Jake

Post by HMMMMMM »

I don't really pay close attention to the other conferences. I kinda assume the SEC is the best. Over the years they seem to generate the most championships. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida. But I have don'e zero research.

Big Ten is a strong conference. But often seems to shit the bed in bowl games, so maybe they aren't as good as I think they are.

I guess if I cared enough, I would look into this. But once the game is over I do one of two things:

Penn State wins: I read the reports and breakdowns and the playoff implications.

Penn State loses: I turn off my TV and crawl into a hole until next Saturday and hope for the best.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
HMMMMMM wrote:Meh, it's all nonsense anyhow. It won't matter until sometime in December. Fun to argue about though.

Goobs seems to have some kind of fixation, almost a dick measuring sort of thing, where he has to think that "his" conference is harder than anybody else's.

I mentioned that that the PAC had a good record against other Power Five conferences but that they tend to cannibalize themselves. Goobs takes that as some sort of insult to his virility or something.
Ponderous.
No. I take that as you adopting the SEC meatgrinder theory. I never suggested that the Big 10 was better than any other conference. Just that any other conference is better than the PAC.

Your concern about hard dicks and my virility is very telling.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I actually think the Big 12 is the toughest conference right now. Not necessarily top heavy, but the meatgrinder aspect is there. You've got 8 teams that can probably beat you on any given Saturday. That's not just good in volume, that's also good in percentage (80% of the league). When Iowa State can beat you on your home turf with their 3rd string QB who used to play linebacker, then you know things are tough. That only leaves Baylor, who sold their souls to the devil to be good for a few years, and Kansas, who's so horrific that the MAC would have to take a long, hard look at letting them in if it wasn't for basketball.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Ponderous.
No. I take that as you adopting the SEC meatgrinder theory. I never suggested that the Big 10 was better than any other conference. Just that any other conference is better than the PAC.

Your concern about hard dicks and my virility is very telling.

The same Pac whose 3rd place team beat the big 10 champs in the Rose Bowl?
You're talking about last year's teams? :lol: :lol: