Props Sooners

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Props Sooners

Post by L45B »

Well, that's 4-0 for the road team in this series, as I expected.

Props to the OU guys on this board, that's a nice lookin' team you got there. A couple quick thoughts:

- DE #31 Okieatsbukii4brkfst is a freaking stud, OSU had no answer for him from beginning to end
- OU's o-line owned the LoS for majority of the game
- Flowers seems like he could play any position on offense, and do it well
- Urban should be on priceline.com right now looking for deals on Norman, OK flight+hotel next summer to get some pointers from Lincoln Riley with regard to play calling
- That was a sure pick in the end zone mid 4th quarter, should have been overturned (though the game was over already) in the same way they overturned OSU's catch in the first half

Hope y'all can run the table this year, that's about the least painful double-digit home loss I've had to endure, just because I'm alright with the Sooners. :wink:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Props Sooners

Post by Moby Dick »

So lucky to have been able to make this trip.

I didnt think we'd win but i DID think we'd keep it close..obviously OU found a monster pair of balls and brought that sexy D.

When i get to the house tomorrow night ill def go in depth of my thoughts of C-bus!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

FUCKING AYE...great game sooner peeps...

Baker is a guy you hate when he is on the other side...but you'd want him on your team in a new york minute

OSU needs to go back in the lab for sure...something, well many things aren't clicking...

Props again OU boyz..great game
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm with Moby. this week i felt (not thought) OU would have a respectable showing but in the end have a usual type Sooner L. try and establish the run, fail, lose the LOS to a team they couldn't "out talent".....self-destruct a bit and then make it close at the end just enough to make it hurt a bit.

i stand corrected on the D effort from the other thread. my hat is off to Mikey Stoops and those guys. usually a Stoops D is a sieve for a run-pass QB (and the deep post route). a Stoops D is tough when they can get that hybrid freak player loose like Roy Williams or Eric Striker...that's they've got in Obo (#31).

really pleased and surprised with the W.....we'll see how these Sooners deal with "expectations". one week at a time.

as for the Bucks, beat Michigan.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

OSU still has little vertical passing game. That is surprising.

OU is now the biggest OSU fan there is.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:OSU still has little vertical passing game. That is surprising.
Barrett is an awful passer. Always has been.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

thanks Buckeyes. has been a strange series even going back to the 77 game in Columbus. i was at the return Buckeye win in Norman in 81. Mike Tomczak getting the W for tOSU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

47. Total points scored in the 'Shoe from most recent visits by best B12 schools-- Texas and Oklahoma-- both winning.

Though I actually thought tOSU had Texas on the ropes in '05 (Hamby!), never did I get that feeling this past Saturday. Sooners kicked our asses, score should have been worse.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:47. Total points scored in the 'Shoe from most recent visits by best B12 schools-- Texas and Oklahoma-- both winning.

Though I actually thought tOSU had Texas on the ropes in '05 (Hamby!), never did I get that feeling this past Saturday. Sooners kicked our asses, score should have been worse.
I thought Tressel kind of cost tOSU that game in 05--and OSU should have won. but "should" is a big word. would have almost certainly prevented UT from winning the BCS. i do remember Limas Sweed making a helluva catch in the EZ for the Horns. that 05 Horn team gets remembered for VY but were also pretty tough on D. lot of future NFL guys.
"
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Just like on this board almost everyone Buckeye we met in Columbus was with class.

There were some turds in the fruit bowl on both sides during the game, other than that, WOW I had no idea Columbus was such a large city, there were like house party movie like house parties going on all over.

Beer sold in the stadium during the game, major plus.

Whatever Moby adds and probably I will have some more, still have not finished watching the game, though I will say I would not be too down on tOSU or too high on OU.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Oh yeah, the tOSU band is everything as great as I had heard about them, fucking outstanding.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

OUMO wrote:Oh yeah, the tOSU band is everything as great as I had heard about them, fucking outstanding.
No matter how out of sorts the football team may look from time to time, Buckeye fans can always rely on TBDBITL to put on a good show. At least they got vertical Saturday. Speaking of which...
Left Seater wrote:OSU still has little vertical passing game. That is surprising.
And they brought in OC Wilson to address just that. Either Urban can't keep his hands off the steering wheel or Barrett is just completely incapable. Or both.

The continued rollout pass play (in the exact direction of the DE nobody could successfully block) was baffling. Nonetheless, the better team won the game handily.