Your 11/27 top 10

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Your 11/27 top 10

Post by L45B »

Papa Willie wrote:B1G - Holy fuck were you stupid to put Michigan and tOSU in the same division.
Delaney originally split them up, much to the dismay of fans of both schools. Fucker even threatened to schedule The Game in October at one point.

Eventually came to his senses. The current alignment is the way it should be, there should never be a situation where tOSU and UM could rematch a week later. The SEC ensures the same thing with Bama and Auburn.

But to play super hypothetical, if the original divisional alignment still held true (along with this season's schedule), Michigan would be playing Penn State in the CGG next week*. :grin:

* Leaders versus Legends, how truly ghey
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Good to see the SEC homerism lives on. Florida making the top 10 with pedo state after getting blown out by their rival. FSU has a better winning percentage and just spanked the Gators, but Florida is better? Makes sense in SEC land I am sure.

Not sure either team deserves to be there but if only one it can't be UF.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

schmick wrote:but politics and Nike money screwed all that up.
Still whining that the Original 6 were kept together?

The Pacific Coast Conference (founded by the University of Oregon) had north and south divisions... take a big guess which 6 teams made up the North?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:Makes no sense at all really. I just don't want a Bama loss to the Gators to drop the Tide outta the playoff.
You're worried about losing a game when your opposition may not even score a point?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I couldn't believe that a passing offense in the SEC could be any worse than LSU's until I watched that Florida/Florida State game. My god, that Gator offense. THAT'S the crown jewel of the other half of your league? Don't try to polish this turd, Sam. Bama's 25 point favorites for a reason, and it's not JUST due to their defense. I'm continually amazed how these talent-rich SEC schools like Florida, LSU, and Tennessee can never seem to find a decent signal caller. It's so bad both these teams raided Purdue's depth chart for solutions to their quarterbacking problems. And this is coming from a guy who voluntarily watched Tyler O'Connor play 12 times this year, so I'm pretty desensitized to horrific QB play.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Washington
4. Clemson
5. Wisconsin
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. irrelevant
9. irrelevant
10. irrelevant

If Alabama, Clemson and Washington all win this week, the top 4 stays as it is for the playoff. Clemson has scabdicked their way through much of their schedule and are lucky to have only one loss. Shaky #3. Washington has a decent case to be ahead of Clemson based on a better loss. Wisky-Michigan is a tough call, but Wisky has the better 2 losses and Michigan has lost 2 of their last 3, not a real strong run to the playoff.

So what if either Clemson or Washington lose this week and Wisky wins? Does Michigan stay ahead of the Badgers and move to number 4? Two Big 10 teams in the playoffs, neither of which made it to the conference championship game? If PSU wins, are they playoff worthy?

I think the top 4 stay put, but it would be much more fun if 1 or 2 of them lose. But it's all just prelude to Alabama's coronation as National Champs. Nobody will stop them this year.

P.S. Papa Willie is an idiot and his top 10 is always whack.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:It's so bad both these teams raided Purdue's depth chart for solutions to their quarterbacking problems.

Worse than that -- Del Rio couldn't get in the game for Oregon State. OS, who instead opted for a dude who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

So, let's play a game of hypotheticals...

The year is... let's say 2019. The current playoff system is still in place. When the dust settles, we have a team from a Power 5 that everyone thought was going to be really good, but they shit the bed a couple of times... and ended up placing 3rd in their division... not their conference, 3rd in their own division.

So, that's a playoff team, right? Or is even discussing them as a playoff team laughable?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goobs,

You were close but irrelevant starts at number 5.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:Goobs,

You were close but irrelevant starts at number 5.
Uh, no. #5 and #6 are still in play, considering #3 and #4 still have a game to play. Number 5 won't be irrelevant until after Saturday.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Nope, only 4 matter. That said, they keep putting out a new ranking each week.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Much cleaner scenarios heading into last year's conference championships compared this year...

#1 Clemson (12-0) vs. #10 North Carolina (11-1)...North Carolina had the opening loss to South Carolina but ran the table in the ACC. Would've been interesting to see if the committee would've taken North Carolina had they won.

#2 Alabama (11-1) vs. #18 Florida (10-2)...unlike this year, Alabama didn't head into this game with as much margin for error. They could've been knocked out of the playoff with a second loss.

#5 Michigan State (11-1) vs. #4 Iowa (12-0)...Ohio State in a similar situation with just one loss but last year it was at home to Michigan State. You had the two teams in Indy where you felt they were the best two teams in the conference. Not nearly the amount of controversy and debate in the B1G.

#7 Stanford (10-2) vs. #20 USC (8-4)...similar situation as the Big XII this year. Stanford with a win probably still get trumped by an at large or wouldn't have jumped ahead of another conference champ.

#3 Oklahoma (11-1)...Bedlam was played the week prior to the conference championships and they were worthy to play in the playoff with just the lone loss.

#6 Ohio State (11-1), #8 Notre Dame (10-2) and #9 Florida State (10-2)...decent at-large resumes but the conference championship games involved teams that belonged in front of them in the rankings.

= = = = =

Teams playing for conference championships this year, there are more blemished resumes than last year. Alabama would seem to be on safe ground no matter what happens Saturday. It would be a bad look for them to lose to a 3-loss Florida team but who outside the top 4 would jump them? I think they're the only team in the top 4 that can lose and stay in the playoff.

I think the current top 4 makes the most sense. Ohio State is in the Oklahoma seat from last year...not playing this weekend but is sitting pretty in the rankings. Only difference being that Ohio State isn't sitting on a conference title. If Clemson and Washington win this weekend, I think the committee won't need to sweat over their decision.

If Colorado wins on Friday night...that's going to make Saturday a lot more interesting. I think it puts the B1G title game in play as a play-in game. I legitimately think the winner of that game jumps Michigan in the rankings because it would a quality win for either team. If Washington and Clemson both win, it just puts the B1G winner #5 at best.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:So, let's play a game of hypotheticals...

The year is... let's say 2019. The current playoff system is still in place. When the dust settles, we have a team from a Power 5 that everyone thought was going to be really good, but they shit the bed a couple of times... and ended up placing 3rd in their division... not their conference, 3rd in their own division.

So, that's a playoff team, right? Or is even discussing them as a playoff team laughable?

I'm not a big enough Michigan honk to want them in the playoff with them losing 2 of their final 3 games. Even if that Iowa loss happened in October, I don't understand why they're even being considered.

Michigan has wins over Penn State and Wisconsin but on the other hand, they've both beaten Iowa, who beat Michigan. Pretzel logic might also tell you that Pitt should be a playoff team since they beat Penn State and Clemson. You have to know where to draw the line.

Michigan-Ohio State's result has to stand for something. If Michigan would've won, we wouldn't be pimping Ohio State for an at-large, right?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:Nope, only 4 matter. That said, they keep putting out a new ranking each week.
You're relevant until you're no longer relevant. There is still a path for Michigan or Wisconsin to get in. Hence, they are relevant. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Nope, only 4 matter. That said, they keep putting out a new ranking each week.
You're relevant until you're no longer relevant. There is still a path for Michigan or Wisconsin to get in. Hence, they are relevant. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
No shit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim