Your 11/6 Top 10

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Re: Your 11/6 Top 10

Post by H4ever »

total fraud? team that about beat whisky at camp randall in OT? same Whiskey team that's got a cock in your mouth next to Western Michigan's left nut? yea.. they shit the bed in the shoe. had some bad breaks in case you missed it. young Buckeyes have obviously matured since they lost to PSU and scratched one out against the same Northwestern team Nebraska beat. And then you put Western Michigan at 10... and who's the fraud here? you and your takes on cfb, that's who. Huskers will rebound if Armstrong makes it back. I'm not too worried. The future is bright.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm done with rankings for this year...it'll all come down to November 26.

Auburn-Alabama for the SEC West
Michigan-Ohio State for the Big Ten East
Minnesota-Wisconsin for the Big Ten West
Washington-Washington State for the Pac-12 North (on the 25th)
(likely) Utah-Colorado for the Pac-12 South

And throw in Oklahoma-Oklahoma State on December 3 for the Big XII

This is why I'm growing to like the 4-team playoff rather going up to 8. Play-in games to go to the conference title games and those are spots in the playoff. The Big XII is the weak sister of the power 5 conferences this year...should be left out of the playoff.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Shoalzie wrote: This is why I'm growing to like the 4-team playoff rather going up to 8. Play-in games to go to the conference title games and those are spots in the playoff. The Big XII is the weak sister of the power 5 conferences this year...should be left out of the playoff.
That is money! Only thing I would change is I have been against 8 teams from the start.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:1. Bama. LSU threw up everything they'd ever had. Great game.
No, it wasn't. That was bad football. And I've seen Michigan State play every game this year, so I know about bad football.

1 Bama
2 Clempson
3 Michigan
4 Ohio St
5 Washington
6 Lullville
7 Wisky
8 Allbarn
9 Ped State
10 WMU
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: This is why I'm growing to like the 4-team playoff rather going up to 8. Play-in games to go to the conference title games and those are spots in the playoff. The Big XII is the weak sister of the power 5 conferences this year...should be left out of the playoff.
That is money! Only thing I would change is I have been against 8 teams from the start.
agree with lefty on both counts and shoalzie above. Big XII will take care of itself....no team will sniff the playoff. OU has the most upside but so bad on D and lost to Houston and tOSU...i won't be surprised if they lose @WVU. even winning out, I don't think anyone should take the Sooners seriously as a 4 team. Big XII has 3 teams that are legit 12-20 type teams....that's about it.

i don't think the Pac isn't very good overall but the emergence of WSU and CU are nice surprises to give the league some competitive spark in the top half of the league...UW has work to do....USC is playing well and @WSU will be tough. Pirate's guys are playing with a swagger.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Nebraska isn't great. they are a top 25 team maybe. Riley is doing an all right job...about the same wins as Pelini. maybe with the "culture change" element. but when Armstrong got hurt they were already on pace to lose by a lot. Oregon is the big win....and UO sucks.

sucks to get boat-raced by 50 points but anyone who thought NU was better than top 20-25 was living on fantasy planet.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Clusterfuck.

But at this point, I'm looking at conferences -- there isn't a worthy team outside the Power 5 (although if too many teams stink it up down the stretch, I might consider the MWC Champ).

The PAC (outside of maybe the Horrible People) is freaking atrocious.

The Big12 is a joke.

That leaves us 3 conferences... and the SEC has about 1 good team. ACC has 2. B1G has 2.

So, if Bama is the SEC champ... in. UDub wins out... in, if not, fuck that -- WEAK schedule. Then, which is more worthy, the B1G #2, or the ACC #2?

When entire conferences stink (PAC, B12), their champ better be head-and-shoulders better than the rest.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i liked the game. reminded me of the old Oklahoma-Nebraska games where the LOS was being contested on every play. and that was the "drama" of it.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:QBs who played like shit
Isn't that the hallmark of a SEC game?

Which isn't all bad... I enjoyed that game quite a bit. Field position becomes quite crucial when your QB sucks.

And QB looks to be the only chink in Bama's armor. He's even worse than the crap they've been rolling out at QB for the last several years.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

King Crimson wrote:i liked the game. reminded me of the old Oklahoma-Nebraska games where the LOS was being contested on every play. and that was the "drama" of it.
I like a good defensive slug fest when it's two good defenses shutting down two proven offenses. But LSU is starting a QB who washed out of Purdue, fer fuck's sake. They're like 110th in the country in the forward pass department. At one point in the game, the announcer posed the question, "Can Etling complete a simple pass here?" Pretty much summed that game up.