Hey All You Conservatives...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Hey All You Conservatives...

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Go ahead & explain how this is consistent with being "pro-life":

Mississippi Lawmaker Asks Mom to Buy Daughter's Diabetes Meds After She Writes for Help
By JULIA JACOBO

Jun 28, 2016, 5:36 PM EST

A Mississippi state representative suggested to a mother that she buy her family's own diabetes medication when she wrote to him asking for support after she started to experience difficulties in getting assistance from Medicaid.

Richland resident Nicole Nichols wrote to the Mississippi House of Representatives Monday morning to voice her concern that children with Type 1 Diabetes "aren't getting the necessary diabetes supplies and meds they need to stay healthy."

"We have recently begun having a lot of problems with Medicaid/CHIPS coverage of the essential diabetes supplies needed, not only to keep our kids healthy, but to literally keep them alive," Nichols wrote to Mississippi lawmakers. "No parents should have to fight for so long for their child's essential medical supplies and medical needs when it's explicitly stated as a covered benefit."

Later that day, Mississippi State Rep. Jeffrey Guice, R-Ocean Springs, replied, "I am sorry for your problem. Have you thought about buying the supplies with money that you earn?"

The mother of two, whose 8-year-old daughter Bella has Type 1 Diabetes, told ABC News she has been filled with "silent fury" since she received Guice's response. Two other state representatives responded to her email as well, but Guice's was the only negative one, she said.

Nichols posted the exchange to a Facebook page Living in the World of Test Strips, which provides community support for parents of children with Type 1 Diabetes. This morning, she attended a special session at the Mississippi State Capitol, where Guice was in attendance, and spoke to several reporters about the problems she's been experiencing. A few legislators even offered their support, telling her to call their office if she continues to encounters problems with obtaining her daughter's medication

Nichols responded to Guice by detailing how much each portion of her daughter's medication costs, which amounts to about $2,500 a month, she said. Guice responded by merely asking if insulin was covered by Medicaid, Nichols said.

Despite Guice's comment, Nichols said she is focusing on "the kids" and "getting them what they need to get healthy." She said she aims to raise awareness and be an advocate for several other families of children with Type 1 Diabetes who are having the same problem.

"I will gladly use his mistake to get the kids what they need," she said, adding that she's been experiencing the problem since April.

A representative for Guice did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

Nichols' husband also has Type 1 Diabetes, but he has not had any problems receiving medication, which is covered by his insurance through his employer, Nichols said.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Re: Hey All You Conservatives...

Post by Rooster »

As a conservative, I'd ask how this mother knows that diabetic children across the state of Mississippi aren't getting enough medical supplies. Sure, maybe she can definitively say her daughter isn't getting enough, but how can she possibly know that this is a wide spread problem, other than an anecdotal evidence based on her own very limited observations? This smacks of the same rationale that causes legislatures to fund useless programs like HeadStart and school breakfasts/lunches. Sure, it's nice for these parents not to have to foot the bill for their own children, but is it necessary? If I were to examine her household budget, would I find plenty of items she spends her money on that she could have used for insulin? Things like lottery tickets, cigarettes, booze, Cheetos, and bar tabs?

Earmarking money for these issues may feel good, but feeling good about oneself is not necessarily a good use of the taxpayer's money. It could be, but I wouldn't jump to it just because some mother has made a blanket statement that has no evidence to support her opinion.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Rooster wrote:As a conservative, I'd ask how this mother knows that diabetic children across the state of Mississippi aren't getting enough medical supplies. Sure, maybe she can definitively say her daughter isn't getting enough, but how can she possibly know that this is a wide spread problem, other than an anecdotal evidence based on her own very limited observations? This smacks of the same rationale that causes legislatures to fund useless programs like HeadStart and school breakfasts/lunches. Sure, it's nice for these parents not to have to foot the bill for their own children, but is it necessary? If I were to examine her household budget, would I find plenty of items she spends her money on that she could have used for insulin? Things like lottery tickets, cigarettes, booze, Cheetos, and bar tabs?

Earmarking money for these issues may feel good, but feeling good about oneself is not necessarily a good use of the taxpayer's money. It could be, but I wouldn't jump to it just because some mother has made a blanket statement that has no evidence to support her opinion.
Wasting money on Cheetos, cigs & booze? $2,500 a month worth?

The reason she has knowledge of the issue is that she's has become an advocate for parents of children with Type 1 diabetes. She isn't just some parent who polled some people in her church or cul-de-sac.
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Seems to me that the sensible progressive thing to do would be to sterilize people highly likely to sire more like themselves that will drive up health costs.

This doesn't seem to be a conservative/liberal thing so much as an asshole thing.

I do have a few questions though. Why doesn't dads insurance cover it? And why does it cost 2500 bucks to start with? Insulin has been around for ever. I can't imagine it is still that expensive to produce.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:Seems to me that the sensible progressive thing to do would be to sterilize people highly likely to sire more like themselves
It's easy for you to say that now.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote:And why does it cost 2500 bucks to start with? Insulin has been around for ever. I can't imagine it is still that expensive to produce.
That's a great question!

Why don't conservatives start asking the pharma companies about that?
9/27/22
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
smackaholic wrote:And why does it cost 2500 bucks to start with? Insulin has been around for ever. I can't imagine it is still that expensive to produce.
That's a great question!

It doesn't cost $2500 a month unless you are hooked to an insulin pump that requires constant attention. His response should been, "Get off of your fat ass and lose all that weight hefting around. Quit eating Twinkies and HoHs idiot".
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jerkovich wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
That's a great question!

It doesn't cost $2500 a month unless you are hooked to an insulin pump that requires constant attention. His response should been, "Get off of your fat ass and lose all that weight hefting around. Quit eating Twinkies and HoHs idiot".
You do understand the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, right? Moron.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jerkovich wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
That's a great question!

The daughter has type 1, you jizz gurgling fuckwit.

But, yes, $2,500 is simply a lie. Insulin is also covered by Mississippi medicaid, so I don't know what the fuck, she's crying about.

https://www.medicaid.ms.gov/wp-content/ ... 010115.pdf
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

This is one of the woman's daughters, to judge by the location.

If that is so, then, yes, she has been spending $2500 a month on Cheetos, booze, and cigarettes. And looking at the mom's shoulders (the news story didn't show her from the shoulders down), she also is a hefty lady. Losing a bit of weight goes a long way to helping your body's ability to cope with diabetes. At the very least, the money she'd save on groceries would go towards the money she wants the taxpayer to shell out for her Cheetos fix.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Rooster wrote:This is one of the woman's daughters, to judge by the location.

If that is so, then, yes, she has been spending $2500 a month on Cheetos, booze, and cigarettes. And looking at the mom's shoulders (the news story didn't show her from the shoulders down), she also is a hefty lady. Losing a bit of weight goes a long way to helping your body's ability to cope with diabetes. At the very least, the money she'd save on groceries would go towards the money she wants the taxpayer to shell out for her Cheetos fix.
You're right.

Just like Type 1 diabetes, I'm sure genetics plays no part in her weight as well...

Imbecilic fucktard.
9/27/22
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

This from the web:

Type 1 Diabetes
Updated 12/1/2013
insulin_stomachType 1 diabetes – previously called “juvenile onset diabetes” – results when the body is no longer able to produce enough of the blood sugar-lowering hormone insulin that it needs. Fore some reason (usually autoimmunity) the majority of the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas has died.

Type 1 diabetes is treated with injections of the insulin that the body lacks.

The more carbohydrates you eat the greater doses of insulin are needed. This usually makes the blood sugar more difficult to regulate, with higher average blood sugar levels. Many people therefore experience that a reduced amount of carbohydrates in the diet makes it easier to keep blood sugar stable and at normal levels. (my bold)

Less Cheetos = less blood sugar spikes = less needed insulin
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Hey, easy on the attacks, kiddie diddler. I'm not judging you because of your inability to lose your weight. I'm just pointing out that if you put in a few more wind sprints and took in a few less Cheetos yourself, those preschoolers would be a lot easier to catch. Just sayin'. But yeah, it's your story, tell it like you want. So if you being heavy is a "genetic thing," ok, whatever. Just don't ask me to donate to your insulin fund, sport.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Jerkovich wrote: It doesn't cost $2500 a month unless you are hooked to an insulin pump that requires constant attention. His response should been, "Get off of your fat ass and lose all that weight hefting around. Quit eating Twinkies and HoHs idiot".

But, yes, $2,500 is simply a lie. Insulin is also covered by Mississippi medicaid, so I don't know what the fuck, she's crying about.

https://www.medicaid.ms.gov/wp-content/ ... 010115.pdf
It sounds like she's only been having problems with Medicaid since April. And perhaps her prescriptions include more than just insulin.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

88 wrote:
Jeffrey Guice, R-Ocean Springs wrote: "I am sorry for your problem. Have you thought about buying the supplies with money that you earn?"
You can see the hate just dripping out of that response. Only a monster would ask someone if they had considered taking care of their own problems themselves.
She said that they would be paying $2,500/month for diabetes meds & supplies. That comes out to an annual medical cost of $30,000.

In Mississippi the minimum wage is $7.25/hr.. A person who earns that much & is "lucky" enough to work 40 hours a week has an annual gross income of $15,080. The husband currently works two jobs as it is (no idea what those jobs are).

So is the father a deadbeat for not working around the clock, Mr. Lawyer? If the wife goes to work & the unsupervised kids get into trouble, are they bad parents?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

She should leave Mississippi. Everyone with brains should leave Mississippi.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote: She said that they would be paying $2,500/month for diabetes meds & supplies. That comes out to an annual medical cost of $30,000.
She's lying.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: She said that they would be paying $2,500/month for diabetes meds & supplies. That comes out to an annual medical cost of $30,000.
She's lying.
And you know this how?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I'm not a lazy, stupid dumbfuck like you. I looked it up.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

That's a great question!

Why don't conservatives start asking the pharma companies about that?[/quote]

It doesn't cost $2500 a month unless you are hooked to an insulin pump that requires constant attention. His response should been, "Get off of your fat ass and lose all that weight hefting around. Quit eating Twinkies and HoHs idiot".[/quote]

https://www.medicaid.ms.gov/wp-content/ ... 010115.pdf[/quote]

Uhm yes, I am a case worker and my job to administer a VA program. My clients are homeless Veterans and half of them are type 1 or 2. Part of my job is to insure that they are following their regimen and document test results. We even have a machine that takes their vitals and transmits it directly to their VA doctor. So ya, I know a little bit about diabetes.
The cost for the worst case is no more then $500 a month.
Fuck off.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Let's not forget the roll the (left leaning) lawyers have had in this. Someone coughs after taking medicine, hell we better sue the pharma companies so that they don't cause someone else to cough.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:Let's not forget the roll the (left leaning) lawyers have had in this.

Indeed. Those sucker could definitely contribute to Type 2.