Re: Trojans

Post by Mikey »

There goes my perfect score for week 5.

:evil:
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I saw you pick USC and I thought they wouldn't clear the point spread. Same reason I didn't pick OU over Texas. I thought USC would win, but not lose like that. Then again, I'm not very good at pickems since I don't see most of these teams play. I picked a bunch of West Coast teams this week and who knows? :lol:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Cutty is a fine coach & excellent recruiter. He did everything he could to put usc in a position to win. The fact the players didn't perform shouldn't count against him. The Trogans looked inspired & powerful tonight. They just didn't get any calls. Cutty Sark merits a contract extension.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

If he loses to Notre Dame and UCLAme, then Pat Hayden might be looking for a different direction. That is the same thing every year with USC anyway. Beat those 2 teams and he gets a pass. They looked pretty strong on the OL and could run the ball very well. Kessler started to look like David Carr with the Texans hearing footsteps after getting hit a few times at that level. No Heisman for you Cody.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

SC's play calling was horrible. 1-13 on third down? They ran the ball effectively but kept trying to pass the ball downfield. Kessler can't throw when he gets chased out of the pocket. If you can't convert on third and long you'd better make sure you have third and two, and they never did that.

Spray, Washington isn't that good. Their offense is pathetic. They have some good young players on defense and they were chasing Kessler all over the place, but they couldn't really stop the run. SC should never have lost to that team. Like I said, SC's play calling is what lost that game. Washington plays Stanford in two weeks. If Stanford plays a ball control game as effectively as they have been for the past month they'll roll Washington by at least three touchdowns.

I think I heard that last night was Washington's first win over an FBS team with a winning record since Peterson took over. So I guess they're moving up.

Has there ever been a team that disappoints their fans on a more regular basis than SC? They recruit year in and year out 99% of the Image players in California and then lose to teams that depend on Image and Image players. Ponderous.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Atomic Punk wrote:If he loses to Notre Dame and UCLAme, then Pat Hayden might be looking for a different direction.
Maybe he just needs a new pair of glasses.
He makes enough $$ so he shouldn't have to borrow his wife's.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:the rest of the Pac better be paying attention to the Huskies
A certain team about 250 miles south of them pays attention... to the tune of 11 straight, and counting.

Getting double-digit streaks over your archrival does not suck.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote: They have some good young players on defense and they were chasing Kessler all over the place.
Even shmickity would agree that roughing call in the 4th qtr against UW was total horseshit.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Mikey wrote: They have some good young players on defense and they were chasing Kessler all over the place.
Even shmickity would agree that roughing call in the 4th qtr against UW was total horseshit.

It was a dumb play by the Husky player.

If you're going to hit the QB and get called for a penalty anyway you might as well go for his knees.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

When I saw Papa Willie posting a thread called "Trojans", I figured they must be releasing a new line of extra small condoms.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Schmick should stop worrying about Stong at Texas and clean up his own staff.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

schmick wrote:My tickets went unused.
No surprise...
Go Bucs, Gators
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

schmick wrote:Get off work at 5, get home at 6, get ready to go to the game and then get to LA at 730... how do you make it to a 6 pm start?
What kind of clock-punching job do you have to where you can't take time off for personal time? How old are you?

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Atomic Punk wrote:
schmick wrote:Get off work at 5, get home at 6, get ready to go to the game and then get to LA at 730... how do you make it to a 6 pm start?
What kind of clock-punching job do you have to where you can't take time off for personal time? How old are you?
Exactly.

Also, go home and get ready for the game? WTF do you do your hair and nails or something? Put on your face and pick out whichever outfit feels just right for the occasion?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

schmick is such a REAL USC and successful alum/fan as a season ticket holder that he has to punch the clock at work. I wonder if he's related to mstool now. :?

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

schmick wrote:I'm 42, I own/manage a healthcare administration office, we work four tens every week, getting off at 5 is leaving early but on thursday we leave when the weeks work is done
If you own/manage a heath care office or anything else, who is making sure you stay at work... if you're the "boss?" :meds:

Most bosses work on their off time to make sure their business stays afloat. I guess you take those 3 days off to coach kids and leave it at work. Lucky you. Cal Viva health care?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The sparse crowd at the game Thursday proves Schmickety is right. A 6pm kickoff on a weekday in LA? Get fucked.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

That or the SC fans are all band wagoners like Schmick. Lost once already at home and they can't be bothered.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:The sparse crowd at the game Thursday proves Schmickety is right. A 6pm kickoff on a weekday in LA? Get fucked.
The dodger games always start at about 40% of the stadium full but they lead the league in attendance and by the third inning the stadiums full. And they start their games at 7.

A 730 start would have been better.
My tickets will go unused the rest of the season unless Haden and Sarsixandsixagain are fired

There are also 81 Dodgers home games vs 6 SC home games. Huge difference.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

The reason I go to SC games is because we are getting free tickets and have old college friends that have great tailgate venues. Walk around campus and run into other people from back in the day. It's nice to watch the games as a side note. You hope the game goes well and realize you're not in pads playing the game. It's a great environment to enjoy the whole experience. If you have friends that you haven't seen in a long time, or just like hanging out a few times a year, then just go to the games unless you are schmick.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:If one of my employees tried to leave work early to go to a game their child is not playing in, I would fire them. Work first, entertainment comes later
If worked for a boss who was a big an asshole as you apparently are I'd find another job.

Obviously your employees must be losers on a par with you, otherwise they'd be somewhere else.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

As much as I dislike unions, Schmick makes a good arguement for them.

Until my employees are hurting my brand with their actions, then we cares what they do with their vacation time.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:
Left Seater wrote:As much as I dislike unions, Schmick makes a good arguement for them.

Until my employees are hurting my brand with their actions, then we cares what they do with their vacation time.
We close down for about 3.5 weeks every year from mid December to after the new year, that's vacation time. They also get 3 day weekends every week and we take most holidays off. If they don't like that schedule, they can go work elsewhere. But our employees are pretty content with our schedule.
So generous. So all of their vacations have to be on your schedule. How Schmick.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote:
schmick wrote:
Left Seater wrote:As much as I dislike unions, Schmick makes a good arguement for them.

We close down for about 3.5 weeks every year from mid December to after the new year, that's vacation time. They also get 3 day weekends every week and we take most holidays off. If they don't like that schedule, they can go work elsewhere. But our employees are pretty content with our schedule.
So generous. So all of their vacations have to be on your schedule. How Schmick.
Boeing does the same thing.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

As do most manufacturing companies. Most employees want some time off around the Holidays. That down time also allows for maintenance and upgrades to the production line.

Most still have PTO outside of said down time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The four day workweek is nice. I had a compressed schedule (nine hour days and every other Friday off) when I worked for the Feds. You can get a lot of shit done on Fridays when everybody else is at work.