Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Just stop.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Ahem...Maybe McCarron Will Be...

Post by Goober McTuber »

No, really. Just stop.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Yes, and we're not surprised.

At all.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The difference is, every time a Bama QB gets drafted you're in here bumping your dentures about how great he's gonna be. You post camp fluff pieces like they actually mean something. This is the time of year when the 5th string long snapper gets positive press. McCarron may or may not be able to play, but those quotes don't mean a damn thing.

If Hoyer and Cousins can somehow retain their starting roles after this season, Michigan State could potentially have three starting QBs in the league with Connor Cook likely being a 1st round pick. Drew Stanton is also 2nd string in Arizona and seems to play a lot since Palmer can't stay healthy. No big name stars, but not too shabby for your last four QBs in a row to all play in the league. Obviously it helps to run a pro-style offense in college. The learning curve from spread to pro-style seems to be too large for many players.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote:Ahem...Carson, you wanna name all those great recent Auburn QBs in the NFL?

Jason Campbell? Yeah, right.

Cam? Nuthin' yet.

Even the ancient Starr, Namath, and Stabler triumvirate trumps Auburn's contributions at that position.
When did toolio steal your password?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Here's a stupid bit'o trivia: I think it will take an Oregon QB (say, Mariota) completing a pass both this season and the next to break the record for "most consecutive years with a NFL completion by players from a school." I think that would make it 68 years, which would break Notre Dame's record.

Kellen Clemens had one whopping completion last season to keep the streak going.

And Sam -- Cam Knewnothing has accomplished more in one game than all Bama QBs have in the last 20 years... might wanna simmahdownnow.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Here's a stupid bit'o trivia: I think it will take an Oregon QB (say, Mariota) completing a pass both this season and the next to break the record for "most consecutive years with a NFL completion by players from a school." I think that would make it 68 years, which would break Notre Dame's record.

Kellen Clemens had one whopping completion last season to keep the streak going.

And Sam -- Cam Knewnothing has accomplished more in one game than all Bama QBs have in the last 20 years... might wanna simmahdownnow.
Geez...where did you come up with that one?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Geez...where did you come up with that one?

Some off season article from last year, or some shit.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Baffling...why does anyone care what a former player of one's University does at the next level? Is this really some twisted form of :bode: ?
Go Bucs, Gators
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote: Greg McElroy's the only other Alabama QB drafted in this board's lifetime.
"Yeah, we'd like to forget Brodie Croyle too!"

/s/

ChiefFan
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:

And WTF has Cam Newton accomplished in the NFL?
Rookie of the Year, multiple Pro Bowls, Division titles, and has set a shit-ton of NFL records.

BTW, let's add Marcus Mariota to the list of QBs who have accomplished more in one game than all Bama QB's combined have in the last 10 years.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

At one of the studio game breaks, the announcer pointed out that Mariota had thrown 4 TD passes in the first half. Then casually added that Jameis Winston's first NFL pass went for a pick 6. :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm in Tampa this week. The folks here seem to sadly agree with me when I mention they drafted the wrong guy.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Not to make an excuse for Winston, but it's fucking Tampa Bay. That shit orginization would have made Andrew Luck look like the wrong guy