Red Light Camera... tickets

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The State
Ren Fairy

Red Light Camera... tickets

Post by The State »

If you live in a shithole... you probably don't have enough people where you live to have these god-forsaken pieces of shit tracking your illegal behavior on "The Streets of San Francisco"... errr shithole you live in.

Well, the mack-daddy... ahhh, "Big Brother" caught my ass rolling through one of the lights south of market a few months ago.

Completely, forgot about this shit... and realized that I needed to complete this online course by Monday the 4th of May or get a point or two on the record.

Decided, I was going to score me some Grey Goose a couple of hours ago... and go commando on this 6-8 hour online course and go balls out and not study.

You get two chances to pass... and well

Results:

Hello, m2,

Thank you for using Defensive Drivers Group online traffic school. Below is your California Traffic School course completion receipt.

m2 has completed the course for:

Defensive Drivers Group, License #E1868
923 Arguello St. Ste C
Redwood City, CA 94063
877-883-7290
help@defensivedriversgroup.com
Office hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Course hours: Available online anytime www.defensivedriversgroup.com

Student information:
First: m
Last: 2
Address: deleted... because of you sick fucks
City: San Rafael
Zip: 94901
Exam passed: 04-29-2015
Exam percentage (First Attempt): 80%
Exam percentage (Second Attempt): 0%
Please drive safely at all times.
- Defensive Drivers Group

Rack me.

Oh yeah, fuck those "Red Light Camera" pieces of shit... that made me jump through these hoops while I was getting my buzz on.. with the goose.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Red Light Camera... tickets

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I just want to stick around long enough for shutyomouth to post a pic of a homeless man pissing himself...
...then I'm calling it a night.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

tool wrote:Well, the mack-daddy... ahhh, "Big Brother" caught my ass rolling through one of the lights south of market a few months ago.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

poptart wrote:Image
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Those darn jackbooted cameras!

-mvsidiot

And you would have received only one point on your driving record. Only those offenses that can be charged as felonies are 2 pointers (dui, h&r, reckless, ect.).

Lastly, stop your whining. Don't like camera enforcement of red lights? Don't run the red lights, putz.

PS
How does one who's allegedly from the city by a bay suddenly forget something like that there's camera enforcement of lights (not to mention there's signage to remind people)? Your story is starting to really fall apart...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

VC sec 14601 (driving on a suspended license) is a misdemeanor and two points. Thanks for playing.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The State wrote:
Oh yeah, fuck those "Red Light Camera" pieces of shit... that made me jump through these hoops while I was getting my buzz on.. with the goose.
That camera made you run a red light and ignore it till the last minute?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The State wrote:Exam passed: 04-29-2015
suckaholic is LOLing at you.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
The State wrote:Exam passed: 04-29-2015
suckaholic is LOLing at you.
nah. I flunked the DL written test first time around. Must have been before g0d gave me my rainmanesque multiple choice test superpowers.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:I just want to stick around long enough for shutyomouth to post a pic of a homeless man pissing himself...
...then I'm calling it a night.
Sorry about that, Marty. Here. Go get some sleep.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Try that shit around here any time this past winter. They'd need an icepick to get you off the sidewalk. Rack the bay area and its passed out incontinent bum approved climate.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty sure that pic is from Hollywood.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The State wrote:If you live in a shithole... you probably don't have enough people where you live to have these god-forsaken pieces of shit tracking your illegal behavior on "The Streets of San Francisco"... errr shithole you live in.

Well, the mack-daddy... ahhh, "Big Brother" caught my ass rolling through one of the lights south of market a few months ago.
Got one of those in the mail the other day, from Vista ( :meds: ), and it's gonna cost me about $500. Fucking highway robbery. I got distracted and ran the light by a few feet.

I thought I was being robbed by Vista, but that's only part of it. Turns out that the People's Republic of California sees traffic tickets as easy money and has added so many surcharges that what used to be a $100 fine is now $500.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editoria ... story.html
Time to rein in California's traffic ticket surcharges

Tne reason you pay so much when you are ticketed for, say, driving with a broken
taillight is that there's a surcharge added to your ticket to help victims of violent
crimes. There's also an add­on that pays for training police officers, another to provide
services to people with traumatic brain injuries, another to build new court facilities and one to
protect the state's wildlife.

In fact, about 80% of what Californians pay for their moving violations isn't part of the base fine at
all, but is necessary to cover the many assessments and surcharges tacked on over the years to pay
for state and county government operations that have nothing to do with cars or driving.
These add­ons have raised billions of dollars over the five decades since the first assessment was
levied on traffic tickets, a modest 5% charge to fund driver education programs in schools. But
enthusiasm for this seemingly bottomless funding source has gone too far. Tickets are now so
expensive that people are increasingly not paying them even though the alternative is the loss of a
driver's license or jail time.

As a result, ticket revenue has been declining; over the last eight years, the state has run up about
$10 billion in uncollected debt from unpaid tickets. Several of the funds that rely on ticket fines —
including the Peace Officer's Training Fund — are facing insolvency next year in part, officials say,
because of offenders' failure to pay.

Is it any surprise that many people aren't paying when a typical ticket with a base fine of $100 is
laden with so many add­ons that the final cost is nearly $500? And a ticket with a base fine of
$500 will run you nearly $2,000. Don't pay immediately, and a $300 penalty is added.
A recent report by a coalition of civil rights groups noted that excessive traffic fees, combined with
harsh penalties for missed deadlines and reduced access to courts, have led to more than 4 million
Californians' losing their licenses over the last eight years. Only a fraction of them have been able
to get their licenses back, in part because doing so requires full payment.

The price of a ticket ought to be set by government in an effort to disincentivize misbehavior on the
roads. It should not be raised every time government needs money for a program — even a worthy one.

Gov. Jerry Brown, to his credit, is proposing an amnesty his second since taking office. For those
who qualify, outstanding debt would be cut in half. In 2012, when he vetoed a bill that would have
added an additional $1 per ticket for spinal cord injury research, Brown wrote: "Loading more
and more costs on traffic tickets has been too easy a source of new revenue. Fines should be based
on what is reasonable punishment, not on paying for more general fund activities."

Brown should go further and propose legislation to reassess years and years of piled on
surcharges. Yes, there will still be revenue at the end of the process, but the overriding goal should
be to price tickets so that they are sufficiently punitive but not unaffordable for millions of
Californians.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editoria ... story.html
What we pay for when we pay traffic tickets

Aout 80% of what you pay for a traffic ticket in California is not part of the base fine, but covers a variety of assessments and fees tacked on to pay for state and local programs. The State Penalty Assessment, for example, supports driver training, long-term care for those with traumatic brain injury, training for public defenders, victims of violent crimes, protection of wildlife and training for corrections and parole officers, among other things. And that's only the start of the good deeds funded by speeders and red-light runners. Here's a list of the add-ons:

1. State penalty assessment fund: $10 for every $10 in base fine

2. County penalty assessment fund: $7 for every $10 in base fine

3. Emergency medical services: $2 for every $10 in base fine

4. DNA database: $5 for every $10 in base fine

5. Court facility construction: $5 for every $10 in base fine

6. Air ambulance service: $4 fee per fine

7. State surcharge for general fund: 20%

8. Court operations: $40 fee per fine

9. More court facility construction: $35 per fine

10. Night court: $1 fee per fine
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I got a bill one time for a toll bridge. Had a photo of a car (clearly was not mine) and a license plate that was not really clear. Could not have been me. I did get it straightened out. I drive the 407 near Toronto when I am up that way. I have an account with my FL tag listed. When I drive a rental car, which is most often now, the bill gets sent to the car rental folks who usually then bill me. Last year I never heard from Avis. I also have credits for free kilometers, but can only use it if I drive my own car. May do that this year by taking the auto train north in October. For those who do not know, the 407 up there is all camera/computer operated toll.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I got a Auto red light ticket in SF last year. I wrote one letter and it went away.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Mikey,
Hit me up. I'll help you out.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

My county pulled all of those RL cams out because it was found out the a lot of people were receiving fraudulent tickets. The damn thing were nailing vehicles that were entering the intersection on the yellow.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I must add that they have installed a lot of those cameras down here, but so far choose not to use them for revenue enhancement. That day may come. I wish they had invested money in solar/battery back up for traffic lights in major intersections. Would be great when the next hurricane knocks out the power.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I've written my way out of a camera speeding ticket and a parking ticket, both in DC.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Mikey, you can knock down that $500 fine... down to around $340 if you do it legit... and take a class and have the point removed.

Or you can take the advise of a "lawyer" not smart enough to practice "law" where the "big boys" play.

I just passed the class last night... in around an hour and a half... and didn't have to deal with lawyers.

Good luck.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Or, you could take 5 minutes and send them a reply saying you intend to fight it like Smackie did. But then again, Smackie has demonstrated the ability to put a cogent thought down on virtual paper. You, not so much. I doubt the court attorney would be impressed by c&ped pics of the bay area.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The State wrote:Mikey, you can knock down that $500 fine... down to around $340 if you do it legit... and take a class and have the point removed.

Or you can take the advise of a "lawyer" not smart enough to practice "law" where the "big boys" play.

I just passed the class last night... in around an hour and a half... and didn't have to deal with lawyers.

Good luck.
I don't have my ticket in front of me but the fine is around $450. Then they say if you want to do traffic school you have to pay $500 instead, and pay for the traffic school.

I've done an online traffic school before and the hardest part is just staying awake.

Like I said, highway robbery.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Do the court case... and say you fucked up... and you want to take the class.

The state law... is $490 and penalties.

Go to the jurisdiction... and say you need 3 months to pass the class.

It's a no-brainer.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

It's better to take the class in person. That way you can find out all the other spots that people got nabbed at.
9/27/22
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Or, you could just stop at red lights.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Maybe you guys need better attorneys. Or judges.

Within the past couple of years, the Missouri State Court of Appeals (Eastern District) ruled the red light camera ordinances of several municipalities to be largely unconstitutional. Following this ruling, a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of drivers who paid fines for red light camera violations was recently settled, and drivers are now eligible for a partial refund.

Of course, the municipalities are doubling down, and it will take the Missouri Supremes to sort out the mess later this summer. But for now, those cameras remain dark.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Only mstool views getting ass raped by the government as a sign of sophistication.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote:Only mstool views getting ass raped by the government as a sign of sophistication.
How many rocks or bottles did you throw at cops last Friday?
9/27/22