Rack the Pats

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Rack the Pats

Post by War Wagon »

One of the best SB's ever, that game certainly lived up to the hype.

Love him or hate him, Brady's name belongs beside that of Montana or Unitas.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Rack the Pats

Post by Mikey »

No it doesn't.

WTF you a Pats fan now?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:No it doesn't.

WTF you a Pats fan now?

Wags is a "Hooray For Everything!" kind of guy.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sure it does, 4 rings say so.
WTF you a Pats fan now?
No, but I respect their accomplishment despite all the haters. They earned that victory today and anyone who doesn't recognize that has their head up their ass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Yeah the Patriots are good, but they fuckin' cheat, are not honorable, and I have no respect for them. I used to before spygate, now deflategate, & no more respect from me.

The only person with their head up their ass is Pete Carroll. He never blitzes or takes a chance on defense, but calls a throw into a crowd from a half yard out when he had beast mode waiting to seal the game?

Seattle found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with that last play call, and the Patriots got lucky Pete had an aneurism in the final seconds.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Joe in PB wrote:Yeah the Patriots are good, but they fuckin' cheat, are not honorable, and I have no respect for them. I used to before spygate, now deflategate, & no more respect from me.

The only person with their head up their ass is Pete Carroll. He never blitzes or takes a chance on defense, but calls a throw into a crowd from a half yard out when he had beast mode waiting to seal the game?

Seattle found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with that last play call, and the Patriots got lucky Pete had an aneurism in the final seconds.
3rd
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nothing sucks more than taint-licking Boston fans celebrating a championship.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Everyone is talking about how the Seahawks choked. They definitely should have ran it, but it wasn't like the didn't execute their play. That CB made the play of his fucking life.

Where they choked is letting Brady draw them offsides when they had a shot at a safety. Then melting down the next play.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Hey guys, let's pretend that Brady didn't engineer a 4th quarter comeback being 10 pts down...with the entire offense riding on his arm...

Yeah...let's pretend...

:meds:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

R-Jack wrote:Then melting down the next play.
yeah, loved the way Bruce Irvin and Michael Bennett finished it with class-throwing punches at Gronkowski then Irvin throwing Michael Hoomanawanui around.....Bennett and Irvin should have been throwing around whichever fucking gene splice called that pass play on second and goal from the 1 yard line for Seattle....
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Hey guys, let's pretend that Brady didn't engineer a 4th quarter comeback being 10 pts down...with the entire offense riding on his arm...

Yeah...let's pretend...
that's what we've come to expect from Brady....I hate the patsies, but brady is about as clutch as there is in the game.....
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Uh...yes, it does.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:Yeah the Patriots are good, but they fuckin' cheat, are not honorable, and I have no respect for them.

Over the last 4 years, the Chickens lead the league in PED violations(and one of their big stars was given a pass on his).

And which of the conference champs has been fined more in the last 2 seasons?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Apples to oranges. Belicheat was found to have been involved in the video taping of opposing team sidelines, and probably more. The stuff you mentioned was on the players. Coaches and team personnel bending/breaking the rules is on a whole another level of dishonorable conduct.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

So what? Cheating is cheating right?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The difference is teams can't control what players do, so coaches and other organizational personnel breaking rules is a more egregious offense, and their misdeeds reflect directly on the team. Player offenses reflect mostly on the player.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Joe in PB wrote:The difference is teams can't control what players do,
Total horseshit. There's no guaranteed contracts.
Player offenses reflect mostly on the player.
Once again, total horseshit. It affects the entire team. Also it reflects on the organization. In Dins example, he was showing that the Seahawks have had no issues bringing in, and keeping on the roster, guys who use PEDs since Petey came to town. Again, player cheating reflects the organizational philosophy. Win above all else and by any means necessary. Just like New England.

I understand if circumventing the rules to gain a competitive advantage leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but if that's your stance, giving the people who actually do it on the field a hall pass is ponderous.

If you are not going to respect a team based on subjective virtues like honor and fair play, I got bad news about your NFL viewing experience.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Brady is now one of, if not arguably the greatest QB ever. You can make cases for Montana and Unitas, but Brady's clutch performance in the 4th was stuff of legend. He belongs in the conversation now. Deflated footballs in a 45-7 blowout doesn't mean a whole lot considering the Pats scored 28 points after the balls were replaced.

Yes, New England leaves a bad taste in people's mouths because of the video scandal and Bellicheat's stone cold press conferences, but don't take anything away from Brady and what he's accomplished. 10 years later and dude is on top again. That is so hard to accomplish in the NFL. Just ask other QBs.

We all thought Rodgers and Manning would get more, but it hasn't happened yet. Rodgers still has time, but to win a ring twice is so difficult to do. Brady has won 4 and he's done it in a 14 year span. He was very close to winning 6 Super Bowls only to be Eli'd both times.

Montana didn't go to six Super Bowls, Elway went to 5 and lost three of them. Luck is the only one I see sniffing 3+ Super Bowls once Brady and Manning are gone. I don't think Wilson has what it takes to make it to more than 3-4 SBs as Seattle will lose some of that luster on defense and not get that far again for a while. Also, the NFC west is only getting better.

Give Brady credit when credit is due. He is the greatest.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

So Rjack, every team has player issues, and your point is its all fucked up, there's no difference between player issues and team issues?

That's horseshit.

The players who have violated rules that remain on a team after suspensions have everything to do with the limited number of quality players. I do not condone their actions, nor do I fault the team.

Teams do not control player actions after they leave the facility. Similar to a service man who is charged with rape. His actions are on him, not the Army, Navy, etc.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Joe in PB wrote: The players who have violated rules that remain on a team after suspensions have everything to do with the limited number of quality players. I do not condone their actions, nor do I fault the team.
So to recap.....coaches going outside the rules to gain an advantage: dishonorable.
Fielding a team of players going outside the rules to gain an advantage: hey, part if the game
Teams do not control player actions after they leave the facility. Similar to a service man who is charged with rape. His actions are on him, not the Army, Navy, etc.
We were talking about affecting on field performance. Now who's talking apples to oranges?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

We'll have to agree to disagree. While I see your point, I'm not going to compare teams with player misdeeds (32), to those perpatrated by team leadership (1).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, I see. Petey had absolutely nothing to do with flagrant violations of practice rules, and that was all on individual players.

Ohhhhhhhkay.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:Montana didn't go to six Super Bowls, Elway went to 5 and lost three of them. Luck is the only one I see sniffing 3+ Super Bowls once Brady and Manning are gone.
And a certain QB from Pittsburgh who racked up the 4900+ yards last season.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:Oh, I see. Petey had absolutely nothing to do with flagrant violations of practice rules, and that was all on individual players.

Ohhhhhhhkay.
Kinda goes back to my 1st explanation, different levels. Basically not all crime is the same, that's why they have differentiation with misdemeanors & felonies. I look at Pete's violation of practice rules like a misdemeanor, and Belichick's illegal video taping like a felony. Both are bad, but one is on a different level of bad imo.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

All the heat seems to be on Brady from your last posts. I'm guessing now it's no big deal for you?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

For me it's less about Brady & more about Belichick. I thought the cover was ah...interesting, & Haley's comments reflect a lot on what some NFL people are thinking, but who aren't talking.