Winston point shaving?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Winston point shaving?

Post by R-Jack »

Jsc810 wrote: I'll put a bit more faith in this story when someone other than TMZ reports it.
Then wait till someone other than TMZ "breaks" it before you post about it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So many holes in the story, I thought it was satire (didn't read your link, seen a couple of others).

But the funny part is that since it's POS Winston, people will likely believe it. Tell the same story about Mariota, or Hundley, or any of the popular non-criminal stars, and everyone would be all "ohhhhh, OK. Sure he did."

Like Winston can't go to a hundred different boosters and get $5 grand in the blink of an eye?

And how much of the 5 G's went to the defense to get them to give up 21 points? The spread was +1, so he made it 14, because he's really that bad at football math?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Winston is a dumbfuck, would not be much of a stretch if this was true.
Go Bucs, Gators
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

It sounds more like a leg breaker was going to visit his friend if his friend didn't win the bet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:I'll put a bit more faith in this story when someone other than TMZ reports it.
Why? TMZ breaks a lot of stories.
Dinsdale wrote:Like Winston can't go to a hundred different boosters and get $5 grand in the blink of an eye?
You are assuming he put that much thought into it. Guy is dumber than a box of lumpy turds.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

TMZ is credible...and Winston tanking a half is totally believable.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

WolverineSteve wrote:TMZ is credible...and Winston tanking a half is totally believable.
Looking back on it, it's definitely odd how FSU was able to just "flip the switch" so effortlessly and toy with Louisville in the second half like they were an SEC team playing Presbyterian in November.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Looking back on it, it's definitely odd how FSU was able to just "flip the switch" so effortlessly and toy with Louisville in the second half like they were an SEC team playing Presbyterian in November.
So a guy that isn't smart can get 50 other guys to buy in to his scheme and he is able to then get them to flip a switch? All without anyone knowing? Dude would have to be genius to pull that off.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

Him accepting money to try to point shave is completely plausible. Not like he is last of the world's great thinkers.

Him pulling it off by putting that pea brain to work is ludacrisp.
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
So a guy that isn't smart can get 50 other guys to buy in to his scheme and he is able to then get them to flip a switch? All without anyone knowing? Dude would have to be genius to pull that off.
I don't think throwing a few errant passes/blowing a few coverages would require 50 guys to buy in. I'm not saying he did anything, but would anybody seriously be surprised?

Also, by dumb I meant more along the lines of not thinking about the risk vs reward. Perhaps that falls more under the category of ego/hubris.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

He didn't need to get anyone to buy in, he's the qb. It wasn't for his bet but his buddy's. He looked like complete shit for an entire half. It is totally plausible that he semi tanked to go to the lockerroom behind.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Again -- if the same accusations were made against Mariota, Connor Cook, the Navy Seal dude who played for Northwestern today, The Admiral Jr, etc, etc...

we'd all be laughing it off. This dude is such a train wreck, we give it credence...

Nuff said.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:Connor Cook
On a side note...

You're welcome
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Left Seater wrote:

The guy did have a "scholly" to Furd... (and they would NEVER except... "cough, cough" a player that exhibits any sense of immorality)

... take that for what it's worth.

Slimy people (Elway and Winston) and slimy institutions (Furd and Florida State) usually find something in common with one another... and roll.