Post by Mikey »

Prolly work but it's uglier than shit.

Ever considered one of these?

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Re: Anyone Ever Own One of These?

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sam,

If you go with the Isuzu, make sure you get the 4wd to power through those pesky snow drifts down your way!

Mikey, are those go cart tires on that car in your pic? Looks like you'd bottom out and tetter-totter on a good speedbump.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Hey Sam we have a dog/airport/night out drinking car as well.

The great thing about them is you really don't care about them. I might leave ours at an airport for a week or more and if it is there when I return, great. If not, oh well. Plus hauling the dogs around to the vet/park/hikes etc you don't have to worry about the interior.

I don't think you have to worry about them being embarrassed, just knowing they have their own car puts them in the 1% of dogs. :grin:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Sudden Sam wrote: That's about the only stipulation...and that it doesn't stink like hell.
Think about that for a second. It is a vehicle for the dogs. It is going to smell. Unless you have 5 lb dogs that are going to ride around in your lap while you drive, it is going to smell a bit. Dog breath in confined spaces smells.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Left Seater wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: That's about the only stipulation...and that it doesn't stink like hell.
Think about that for a second. It is a vehicle for the dogs. It is going to smell. Unless you have 5 lb dogs that are going to ride around in your lap while you drive, it is going to smell a bit. Dog breath in confined spaces smells.
I was under the impression the dogs are licensed to drive.......Sam never said anything about driving them.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm looking for a cheap pickup truck or SUV that won't leak oil on the driveway. That's about the only stipulation...and that it doesn't stink like hell.
No such vehicle exists that has all 3 requirements
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

the vehicross is basically a hi-tech jap jeep. probably a good vehicle if you want to play in the woods. a shitty vehicle for dragging mutts around. no back windows for them to hang their heads out of. you would be much better served by any older 4 door wagon/SUV.

also, i suspect that rig would be ridiculously expensive to insure as they figure every owner is gonna want to play paris/dakar rally in it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Now yer talking. You can get an old trooper or rodeo. The rodeos even came in 2WD. Those can be picked up cheap.

Please don't get one of those X90 abortions. Not sure wtf they were thinking with that thing.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Felix wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
I was under the impression the dogs are licensed to drive.......
Left Behinder probably thought the same thing, since he already thinks they can marry.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:I might leave ours at an airport for a week or more and if it is there when I return, great. If not, oh well.
:meds:

Yyyyeah. Okay.

It's a car. Not a Big Gulp.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Yyyyeah. Okay.

It's a car. Not a Big Gulp.

Why is this beyond your comprehension? Plenty of people have cars that they don't carry collision on and just have the liability. That means the car isn't worth the effort to fix or worry about if damaged or stolen. See also many parents who have cars for their kids.

Diego in Seattle wrote:Left Behinder probably thought the same thing, since he already thinks they can marry.
Man you really suck at this. If you are going to try to smack using something from another thread start writing it down. Clearly your brain is incapable of remembering the word cat from dog from one threat to the next.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:Why is this beyond your comprehension? Plenty of people have cars that they don't carry collision on and just have the liability. That means the car isn't worth the effort to fix or worry about if damaged or stolen. See also many parents who have cars for their kids.
No part of your douchebaggery is beyond my comprehension.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

:meds:

Boo Hoo.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sorry, but the attitude of "I'm just gonna leave my shit mobile at the airport and who cares if it's gone, I'll just get another one" makes you sound like a spoiled douche.

Maybe it's just in your delivery. You could probably say, "I just found the cure for cancer and your dying child is the first on my list" and still sound like a huge tool.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Here's the issue with your arguement. You have no clue what the car we are discussing is worth or what I paid for it.

But good to know no matter what I say it bothers you. That is a badge of honor.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You can get hundreds of dollars for any barely working shitbox. Strike two, dipshit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Exactly. A few hundred dollars for a car isn't anything to get worked up about.

How many times do you have to mop jizz to get even $100?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I understand how you make up for those hundreds of dollars, it's by stiffing the balck kids at halloween, but they deserve it, because they're just looking for a handout.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Keep up, it is the Hispanic kids looking for a handout.

And we all make our choices, I just choose to not spend it on Halloween candy. In your case it appears like you choose not to spend it on a clothes washer or dryer. To each their own.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:No, no it's not, you goober.
Watch it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

earlier rodeos had gm pushrod v-6s. later ones went to an isuzu DOHC design. wasn't aware they were such piles of shit. maybe they were.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Somehow I found the world's ugliest F150 with less than 120K, and paid less than a thousand bucks for it. Kinda need a truck, but really wanted a small car. I'll deal with the ugly fucker until I clear out some junk and make more parking. But us white trash needs to have an ugly truck. Didn't want to invest much in a truck, because I don't really want a truck as my daily.

But I'll get me a little car one of these days. Haven't owned one in years, and I'm tired of trucks.

All of which has nothing to do with the topic at hand, really. Old S10s and Exploders are a dime a dozen round these parts -- good enough for dogs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:But us white trash needs to have an ugly truck.
Amen brotha!!!!

Rack the fukk outta trucks you can buy with 2 paychecks or less.

You may have the current ugliest F-150 on the planet, but, I used to own the all-time ugliest one. 81 4 speed, 302. four or 5 different shades of dull red rustoleum. It had a ridiculously well built, but ugly wood flat bed. Someone went to the trouble to wittle a pair of large timbers to lay flat on the frame rails, then built the bed on that. Had a big old ugly headboard and either side had one of those toolboxes made to sit over the side of a normal pickup bed. This thing was so fukking ugly, it was beautiful. When I moved to Nashville, I took it with me. Damn did them rednecks have fun running beverly hillbillies truck smack on me.

Paid 550 for it. Owned it about 4 years, maybe 50K miles. Sold it for 500. Cost me a clutch and a brake caliper (9 dollars, reman from autozone). Yes, nine fukking dollars!!!!! Might have been 12, actually. Nice thing about driving the most mass produced vehicle in history is parts are kinda cheap.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Sudden Sam wrote:Hell, the Rodeo/Passport may have been a good vehicle. At the time, I wasn't thrilled with Isuzu and the Passport my friends bought was a pain in the ass for years.

Dated a girl briefly many years ago who had a Brat. Think that was a Subaru. Little pickup with the rear-facing seats. That can't be legal.

That was the foreign version of the el camino. Horrible car and even worse truck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Brats (and other Subes of that era) were the bomb.

Way back, a friend put all kinds of aftermarket suspension and assorted crap on a turbo Brat. Fun as all hell.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Subaru actually tacked those law chairs into the bed to get around the pickem up truck tariffs. They were cool as hell. Unfortunately everything subaru at the time would rot through in about 20 minutes if you so much as ordered some frys at the drive thru with salt on them. my gramps had one of the early wagon 4x4s. that fukking thing was unstoppable in anything up to about a ft of snow. Any more than that took more than the 42 hp it had on tap. after it had rusted away to where it was no longer roadworthy, me and a buddy were wheeling it in the wood behind my gramps house. hit a rock or stump or something at about 20 mph and the entire strut shot skyward through the fender/hood. that was the end of that beast.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:Not sure how any man can live without a truck

30 years + and its still my first choice for about everything
I much prefer driving some tiny little car.

As long as I still have a truck.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:I much prefer driving some tiny little car.

l to r: Dinsdale
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim