2014 Off Season Thread

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: 2014 Off Season Thread

Post by poptart »

32. Oakland Raiders
They finished last season on such a bad note. They need to re-sign offensive tackle Jared Veldheer and defensive lineman Lamarr Houston, or there are even more holes to fill. The great news is they're finally out of salary-cap prison, with a projected $63 million in cap space, according to Sportrac. Let's see how well they use it.

As far as having an opportunity to gather pieces together, the Raiders are in the best position I can ever remember them being in.

I guess Mark and Reggie believe D. Allen is the coach of the future, because if he's not, the time to clip him would have been at season's end.
Now you've got money to spend (and picks to use) and you're building HIS team.

Gonna be another disruption and discombobulation if Allen is fired after next season.

And the new HC coming in will be saddled with a lot of pieces acquired that the previous guy wanted.

I frankly see no reason to believe in D. Allen as HC.

Back-to-back 4-12s are blamed by some on being in a very poor position (talent, lack of money and picks) -- and that is valid to an extent.

But it's also very evident that in two years on the job, he has failed to instill any kind of IDENTITY.

Wtf are HIS Raiders supposed to be all about?

Not feelin' it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Day 1 of free agency, Oakland, with the most $ to spend...

- loses it's best defensive player, L. Houston
- loses it's best offensive lineman, LT J. Veldheer
- overpays for lineman R. Saffold, even though he is a severe downgrade at LT
- loses it's leading ball carrier, R. Jennings
- re-signs brittle D. McFadden

Reggie McKenzie? :|

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Asamoah will not be hard to replace. Dustin Colquit could fill in for him and do equally as shitty of a job. I was disappointed to see them let Schwartz walk. Good riddance to the rest of them.

I have virtually no expectations for this coming season. Killer schedule, and many holes to fill. Donks are doing their best Skins imitation and signing every big name free agent that they bother to call. This could easily be the new norm
with Colorado's new weed law. If Manning remains upright for the season, no one else wins this division.

I see a rather lack luster 7-9 or 6-10 season coming this way.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Iggles trade for Sproles:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... th-saints/

Love the trade.

I've been lukewarm on the free agent signings but I guess Chip thinks he can just outscore any team.. and I'm inclined to agree.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Bolts picked up Donald Brown from Indy. That should solidify a pretty damn good backfield.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:Denver is racking up. Their defense is gonna be damn good.
elway is spending money like a drunken sailor.....I think losing decker is a big hit, but with a better defense maybe they won't have to put up 50/game to win
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:.I think losing decker is a big hit,
I don't. IMO, Decker is system guy. They already have an established #1 outside, a great slot receiver and a solid tight end. It's a perfect situation for a rookie receiver to flourish and there are some good ones in this draft. They could likely draft someone like Kelvin Benjamin, pay him less than they would have had to pay Decker and actually upgrade.

Unfortunately, I think Mr. Ed knows what he fuck he's doing.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, losing Decker is bad. Him signing with the Jets is weird. I know money trumps everything else, but who's gonna get the ball to him? Or even near him?
It will be worst for Decker, especially with the hit his stats will take. Going from Manning to Smith? The change in numbers will be spectacular, especially after his career highs in catches and receiving yards this past season.

He'll be wishing for a do-over by season's end. He didn't get paid enough, imho.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
I don't. IMO, Decker is system guy. They already have an established #1 outside, a great slot receiver and a solid tight end. It's a perfect situation for a rookie receiver to flourish and there are some good ones in this draft.
demaryius thomas is a little fragile at times and is the home run guy...Decker's a guy that's not afraid to run the middle routes and that allows a guy like thomas to thrive....some good receivers in the draft so I'm not overly concerned.....yet....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

That's right, man. The missing piece of the puzzle. Superbowl, baby!

Don't worry about it, though, the Bolts will still slap you around both yards...again.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

D. Ware- on the WRONG side of 30. Nothing but a cash grab.

A. Talib- will undoubtedly shoot somebody or get banged by the NFL substance abuse/code of conduct policy. A walking talking time bomb.

T.J. Ward- Easily the best signing of this group.

Looks like the Mules are ALL IN for 2014....they had best cash it in, because they completely destroyed their future salary cap to do it. :lol:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

HE'S OLD BUT AT LEAST THAT FRAUD ISN'T THROWING TO HIM ANYMORE!
89 in the house!

WOOOO!

Hey so, been a while.
FUCK ALL YA RAY RAY HATERS! 2 BITCHES!!!!
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Welcome back, you piss-dribbling sack of shit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

This has been a shitty crop of free agents this year. Not just for KC, but as a whole. It seems that most of the teams are finally starting to keep their good, trouble free talent, and only letting go of malcontents, blue hairs and scrubs. However, you do still have more than a few teams wanting to offer up BIG $$$$$ to a lot of these bums.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:Speaking of POSs, wonder who will pay a fortune to get DeSean Jackson...

no one. His career in the NFL is likely done.
the Eagles' apparent interest in jettisoning Jackson likely has little to do with his performance on the field or a big-money contract that could squeeze the team's salary cap. Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it's Jackson's off-field behavior that concerns the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Now the Eagles have even more serious concerns -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

Ever since New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder last summer, NFL franchises have been reevaluating how closely they needed to watch their players away from the field. And what Eagles executives see in Jackson, a six-year veteran, is apparently a potential blight on the brand and a bad influence in the locker room.

As a source within the Eagles organization, who requested anonymity, put it: "They are concerned about having him around the younger players."

THE FIRST SIGNS

DeSean Jackson was nowhere near the scene of the crime when, on Dec. 29, 2010, 14-year-old Taburi Watson flashed a rival gang sign at two men as he rode his bicycle through South Los Angeles.

The men, reportedly members of the Crips, responded to the teen's provocative gesture by shooting him multiple times, police said. Paramedics pronounced Watson dead at the scene.

"DeSean Jackson was not part of the case," Jane Robison, a spokesman for the LA District Attorney's Office, told NJ.com. "He was not a charged defendant. He was not a witness."

Jackson was, however, associated with Theron Shakir, one of the two men charged with the murder. Along with co-defendant Marques Binns, Shakir is a purported member of the Crips. In addition, Shakir, known as "T-Ron," is a rapper who recorded for Jaccpot Records, a label owned by Jackson. The two were close enough that they appear together frequently in photographs -- including pictures posted by Jackson to Instagram while Shakir sat in jail awaiting trial for the teen's execution.

Local sports radio is also saying there are alleged prior traffic stops involving Jackon being in a car that had drugs and weapons. Makes you wonder about this recent story:

Fox 29 in Philadelphia reported that Jackson, who was out of town when the home invasion occurred, returned on Saturday to find that $250,000 in cash, $125,000 worth of jewelry and two semi-automatic handguns were taken from his home.
According to Fox 29's report, there were no signs of forced entry.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sounds like Jackson is ready for the NBA.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote:Sounds like Jackson is ready for the NBA.
Urban myths, much?

The NBA last season had about half the arrest rate of the NFL as a percentage.

7 whole arrests last season, pretty much all for domestic violence and DUI (and the annual Michael Beasley marijuana arrest, which you can set your watch by).

Pretty sure just one NFL player blew the entire NBA's criminal resume' for all of 2013 into insignificance in a few short hours.

But let's not let facts get in the way or anything. Hell, since the Trailblazers old crew has pretty much retired, NBA arrests are quite few and far between.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Given that he's only had an arrest for pot, later reduced to driving with tinted windows, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-nee ... 28226.html

If the Chiefs have cap room, I'd sign him
So you're either desperate or stupid. Which is it?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah -- while pretty much all of the NBA arrests, and the overwhelming chunk of NFL arrests are for lesser stuff like DUI, weed, or domestic disturbance (and most states have laws requiring an arrest if anyone calls the cops for noise, and most of those charges get dropped), and the number of "severe" crimes is pretty low (sup Aaron H)...

Jackson is proudly rolling with murderers.

I can overlook a pot arrest or 12, but glorifying murder (even of scumbags) is a bit much if I'm a GM.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah -- while pretty much all of the NBA arrests, and the overwhelming chunk of NFL arrests are for lesser stuff like DUI, weed, or domestic disturbance (and most states have laws requiring an arrest if anyone calls the cops for noise, and most of those charges get dropped), and the number of "severe" crimes is pretty low (sup Aaron H)...

Jackson is proudly rolling with murderers.

I can overlook a pot arrest or 12, but glorifying murder (even of scumbags) is a bit much if I'm a GM.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

According to ESPN.com, the Bears are among the NFL teams that have fared the best during the first two-plus weeks of free agen

In an article accessible to ESPN Insiders, Mike Sando gives the Bears a "B " for the moves they've made. The only team with a better grade is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who earned an "A."

Since free agency began March 11, the Bears have signed nine players from other teams: Defensive ends Jared Allen (Vikings), Lamarr Houston (Raiders), Willie Young (Lions) and Israel Idonije (Lions); linebacker Jordan Senn (Panthers); safeties Ryan Mundy (Giants), M.D. Jennings (Packers) and Danny McCray (Cowboys); and receiver Domenik Hixon (Panthers).

Since free agency started, the Bears also have re-signed four of their own players: Cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Sherrick McManis; linebacker D.J. Williams and safety Craig Steltz.

Twelve of the 13 players signed have been on the defensive side of the ball. Last season the Bears ranked second in the NFL in scoring but allowed the most points, total yards and rushing yards in franchise history while also tying for last in the NFL in sacks.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I think Jackson will end up in one of two places, Oakland or Washington. I hope the POS ends up in Oakland. I doubt Reid is really all that fond of Jackson, he was a locker room problem then, & most likely will be again in the future.

https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/450033414188847104

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/449927155065950210
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Chris Carter is a lying sack of shit. He tweets yesterday-
Cris Carter
Follow
@DeseanJackson10 congrats Bro.Praying this is the 2nd biggest mistake @Eagles made in their history by cutting their best WR. #2ndchances
7:11 AM - 2 Apr 2014

The 1st mistake he is referencing is the Eagles releasing him during the Buddy Ryan era due to his drug and alcohol addictions. For YEARS he's said that Buddy Ryan helped save his life and his career buy releasing him. In his HOF speech in 2013 he said-
My teammates from Philadelphia where I was drafted, the Philadelphia Eagles organization, they took a chance on me. Buddy Ryan drafted me, and he tried to grow me up in the league. What Buddy Ryan did was the best thing that ever happened for me when he cut me and told me I couldn't play for his football team. But he told me a story. He told me the night before he went on and talked to his wife, and he asked his wife what he should do. And his wife told him, don't cut Cris Carter. He's going to do something special with his life. So Buddy Ryan, and your lovely wife, I thank you. You're going into the hall with me tonight.
- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/membe ... WoXwO.dpuf

Suddenly Carter's release was a mistake by the Eagles? What if the Eagles handn't released him? Is there a chance the guy never cleans up his act and washes out of the league? Based on the comments he's made both in his HOF speech and in other interviews, you'd think so. Take this disengenious ass off the air.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

DeSean Jackson is another of Daniel Snyder's FA blunders. Dude defines PUSS, & his off field issues are more roadside flare, than red flag.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:
no one. His career in the NFL is likely done.
you should know that some team is going to take a chance on him....it turned out to be the Redskins.....no surprise there because Daniel Snyder has got to be one of the stupidest owners in pro football.....he may be a successful business man, but he knows shit about running a football team.....until he actually cedes control of the team over to someone that knows what they're doing, the deadskins will continue to flounder....and Snyder will continue to ask himself "why".....it's moves like signing Jackson to an extended contract with $16 million in guaranteed money over the next two years that are the problem.....don't get me wrong, I think Jackson is a supremely talented athlete, but is all the baggage he's dragging with him worth it? I don't think so, but then again I'm not the owner of a POS franchise like Washington so we'll see how it plays out.....
Dinsdale wrote: the annual Michael Beasley marijuana arrest, which you can set your watch by.

dude.....

so are the Denver Nugget players exempt from marijuana drug testing because it's legal in their state?

I'm guessing that Ty Lawson would be the most likely to twist up fatties and burn them
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

DOTRF weigh in on Brandon Flowers....
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ChargerMike wrote:DOTRF weigh in on Brandon Flowers....
Who gives a fuck what those tards say? Flowers won't be used in the slot in SD. He doesn't have top end speed but he's deece and certainly an upgrade to the practice squad slappies at corner last year.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

mvscal wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:DOTRF weigh in on Brandon Flowers....
Who gives a fuck what those tards say? Flowers won't be used in the slot in SD. He doesn't have top end speed but he's deece and certainly an upgrade to the practice squad slappies at corner last year.
...you've got a point about the KC tards, Flowers is pint size but has to be an upgrade over Cox.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Sam wrote:Cowboys got the rights to Rolando McClain.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Former Raider consultant Chuck Smith said McClain had THE worst attitude of any player he ever met when consulting.

http://cover32.com/raiders/2014/07/02/f ... er-he-met/

Beyond that, he's slow, he lacks impact as a tackler, and he's often taken completely out of plays by being out of position.

I have no idea why Dallas has interest in him.

Total Fail.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

whats up peeps?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good to see you, DFan.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

DallasFanatic wrote:whats up peeps?
How does it feel to be the NFC East's bottom?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:DF, is your defense capable of being worse than it was last year?

They lost Sean Lee for the season so I would say, yes.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Dallas' defense will certainly be one of the worst in the league, hands down. I do think their offense will keep them in enough games throughout the year to bring it down to the wire where they will fall short again.

Dez is going to be a beast. I saw training camp this year and I would NOT want to be the opposing cornerback.

Just a thought, but how do the Boys become the bottom of the NFC East? Did the Gnats and Foreskins improve to say otherwise? Philly will win it again, be one and done and the NFC East can start thinking about the late 80's, early 90's.

:grin: