One nasty ass explosion

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Derron
Eternal Scobode

One nasty ass explosion

Post by Derron »

I was listening to this fire in Texas on the computer radio last night. This video is pretty horrific. 25 seconds in.

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: One nasty ass explosion

Post by R-Jack »

You were listening to fires on the internet?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

R-Jack wrote:You were listening to fires on the internet?
http://radioreference.com
Derron
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

I wonder what sort of regulated inspections and standards had been rolled back by the Tea Bagging Texans. You know, all of those evil government oversight regulations.
Before God was, I am
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

He couldn't be bothered to authorize Federal AAir assets a few years ago during the Bastrop complex fire. Despite the fact the planes were in place at the Austin airport about 20 miles away. The planes sat grounded for days while the fires burned unchecked. Why would he suddenly care now?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

He would have, but as per the wishes of your state...he didn't mess with Texas.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:I wonder what sort of regulated inspections and standards had been rolled back by the Tea Bagging Texans. You know, all of those evil government oversight regulations.
Prolly the same ones as PG&E rolled back in San Bruno in 2010.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote:I wonder if Obammy will visit them....
Is there any political traction to be gained from such a visit ?

Texans- do not like gun control
Texans - Do not like the Federal gubmint
Texas - not enough minorities to give a fuck about

Fertilizer plant fire..no gun control connection, no foreign national involvement, where is the crisis value here that ole Rahmn loves so much anyway ?
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

R-Jack wrote:He would have, but as per the wishes of your state...he didn't mess with Texas.

Oh, make no mistake he continues to mess with us, problem is that is all he is doing. From not declaring disaster areas here, taking contracts out of state and loving our tax dollars, he is doing his best to mess with us. Yet despite his best efforts we continue to prosper and are far better off than most of the rest of the country.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well, it seems that lax regulations were only a part. It was more a matter of basic education in physics. The firefighters actually caused the mega blast by showering the large but manageable fire with their hoses. The water caused the ammonia to react and....(isn't that an annoying kid in the video?)
Before God was, I am
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Well, it seems that lax regulations were only a part. It was more a matter of basic education in physics. The firefighters actually caused the mega blast by showering the large but manageable fire with their hoses. The water caused the ammonia to react and....(isn't that an annoying kid in the video?)
Oh here we go again with LTards chemistry lesson for the afternoon....Aviation Physics will commence at the end of the Chemistry lesson. Bring your note books, and don't bother bringing any text or published information.
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Not surprisingly, his take goes against that of the Houston FD.

The same pure ammonia that exploded is often used around hockey rinks to make the ice. The FD instructs using water to cool the tanks of said pure ammonia to prevent an explosion as the heat increases. It also says to evacuate all people a minimum of 500 yards and to fight the fire remotely with cannons and the like. It also suggests using a very fine spray mist to help disperse the ammonia. It only suggests using chemicals to fight the fire if it is very small and can be contained by one person, ie a fire extinguisher.

So not knowing much about fire fighting, I will take the Houston Fire Department's word over that of the board tard.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Derron wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I wonder if Obammy will visit them....
Is there any political traction to be gained from such a visit ?

Texans- do not like gun control
Texans - Do not like the Federal gubmint
Texas - not enough minorities to give a fuck about

Fertilizer plant fire..no gun control connection, no foreign national involvement, where is the crisis value here that ole Rahmn loves so much anyway ?
Yet you conservatives were falling over each other after the Boston Marathon bombing to post "it's time to ban pressure cookers."

Talk about making political hay out of other people's pain....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Yet you conservatives were falling over each other after the Boston Marathon bombing to post "it's time to ban pressure cookers."

Talk about making political hay out of other people's pain....
You are completely correct. Posting about banning pressure cookers is about as fucked up as posting about banning guns after shootings.

Political hay out of a crisis ? Yeah..I suppose the conservatives got a complete lock on that process....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow
Derron
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Left Seater wrote:Not surprisingly, his take goes against that of the Houston FD.

The same pure ammonia that exploded is often used around hockey rinks to make the ice. The FD instructs using water to cool the tanks of said pure ammonia to prevent an explosion as the heat increases. It also says to evacuate all people a minimum of 500 yards and to fight the fire remotely with cannons and the like. It also suggests using a very fine spray mist to help disperse the ammonia. It only suggests using chemicals to fight the fire if it is very small and can be contained by one person, ie a fire extinguisher.

So not knowing much about fire fighting, I will take the Houston Fire Department's word over that of the board tard.
Fair enough. How about the word of an MIT physicist?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/physics-beh ... 1-cbs.html

He's offering his theory of course, nothing more. Who knows, it might have been caused by some idiot trying to steal copper cables or something. But it stands to reason the local well-meaning fire department in West, Texas wouldn't want to admit that it...uh..made a mistake. :oops:
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Yet you conservatives were falling over each other after the Boston Marathon bombing to post "it's time to ban pressure cookers."
That was done in order to illustrate the stupidity and hypocrisy of gun grabbing dick lickers. Call it a "teachable moment."
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Yet you conservatives were falling over each other after the Boston Marathon bombing to post "it's time to ban pressure cookers."
That was done in order to illustrate the stupidity and hypocrisy of gun grabbing dick lickers. Call it a "teachable moment."
I'm sure Rahm Emanuel meant the same thing.
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Well, I'm sure you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You should get back to blowing little Timmy. Recess is almost over.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote:Well, I'm sure you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You should get back to blowing little Timmy. Recess is almost over.
Nice white flag, slappy. Go back to playing a punching bag for your wife.
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go fuck yourself, pedo-faggot. Rahmbo was talking about exploiting tragedies to DO THINGS YOU CAN'T ORDINARILY DO.

Does that clear things up for you?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hey, drunkwad (1-malt), the perps are loony seething Obama-haters like you, the pipes are bursting, the caps melting, just like you wanted..but you're still batting .000, and thinking you're some kind of slugger.
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:the perps are loony seething Obama-haters like you,
Link?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

West, TX is known for having a lot of Czechs. Not only does this sound like Chechens but the Czech Republic is only a few doors down from Bosnia, and a lot closer to Chechnya than it is to here.

Pretty sure there's an islamic jihadist connection.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Mikey wrote:West, TX is known for having a lot of Czechs. Not only does this sound like Chechens but the Czech Republic is only a few doors down from Bosnia, and a lot closer to Chechnya than it is to here.

Pretty sure there's an islamic jihadist connection.
I also saw some old guys in the park playing checkers this morning and think it's time to lock my doors until the police have taken them into custody. Fucking terrorists are everywhere.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Little old lady in front of me at the store asked if she could pay by check.

I ran out of the building.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Come on you guys, I was being serious.

You could draw a straight line from West, TX to Boston and it would almost pass through Missouri. Truman must be starting to feel surrounded by violent light skinned jihadist Missouris...errr Muzzies.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:It was more a matter of basic education in physics.

I think one of the more important lessons towards the basic education in physics is understanding the difference between physics and chemistry.

So, anyone still doubting that LTS is a troll run by a genius? It's literally impossible to be wrong 100% of the time any time science comes up... Neanderthals occasionally got something right.

Cracking up that CBS News decided to seek out a physics professor to explain chemistry.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What's so funny about that? We have you to explain chemistry, astrophysics, sabermetrics, the proper menses cycle for Sioux maidens coming into their own...basically everything.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:It was more a matter of basic education in physics.

I think one of the more important lessons towards the basic education in physics is understanding the difference between physics and chemistry.

So, anyone still doubting that LTS is a troll run by a genius? It's literally impossible to be wrong 100% of the time any time science comes up... Neanderthals occasionally got something right.

Cracking up that CBS News decided to seek out a physics professor to explain chemistry.
Yes, you're absolutely right.

Because there's such a clear and distinct line separating chemistry and physics. While one deals with matter and energy the other deals with...energy and matter, I guess.

When I was in college the departments were even in different buildings.
I think the departments of physical chemistry and chemical physics were somewhere in between.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I went to the gas station this morning and the attendant wanted to check my oil. No time to call the police, so I shot him.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mace wrote:I went to the gas station this morning and the attendant wanted to check my oil. No time to call the police, so I shot him.
A chemist could tell you why the gunpowder exploded, but it would take a physicist to understand why that made the bullet go so fast.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Mikey wrote:
Mace wrote:I went to the gas station this morning and the attendant wanted to check my oil. No time to call the police, so I shot him.
A chemist could tell you why the gunpowder exploded, but it would take a physicist to understand why that made the bullet go so fast.
No problem, I'll give LTS a call. Thanks.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Mikey wrote: When I was in college the departments were even in different buildings.
I think the departments of physical chemistry and chemical physics were somewhere in between.
Something like that, then they kept us engineers segregated out by "little Lebanon" (maybe that was after your time.)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

atomicdad wrote:
Mikey wrote: When I was in college the departments were even in different buildings.
Something like that, then they kept us engineers segregated out by "little Lebanon" (maybe that was after your time.)
When I was in college there wasn't even a big Lebanon yet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mikey wrote:You could draw a straight line from West, TX to Boston and it would almost pass through Missouri.

Well, a curve anyway... Or did you draw your straight line using some kind of advanced, line-bending space/time compendium like Mr. Spock might have invented on Star Trek? Dern California higher learnin’...
Mikey wrote:Truman must be starting to feel surrounded by violent light skinned jihadist Missouris...errr Muzzies.
The point I was trying to make in the other thread, Mikey, is that those shit-asses loaded up a frickin’ cooking pot for their li’l patriot games.

As badly as the MSM wanted to pin this atrocity on Hitler’s birthday celebrants, tea party anarchists activists, or Mike Savage sycophants, most angry right-wingers lately have been content to vent their displeasure through the barrel of assault rifles weapons bristling with high-capacity magazines. Oh wait. No they haven't. Nevermind.

And while I don’t spend a whole lot of time in your kitchen, an exploding pressure cooker seemed to be just a bit out of the ordinary. And detonating one loaded to the brim with square-headed deck screws simply smacked of muzzies, er...

sorry...

ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS. When ABC identified those white douchebags as “Chechens”, it closed the loop. ‘sat better? Hell, folks like Tarek Ahmed are some of my best customers.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My mom used to use a pressure cooker all the time sometimes. Can't for the life of me remember what for, though. We're all still alive so it must have been OK.

I was using one of those Mercator Google projection maps to draw my straight line, and it came within about 30 miles of Steele, MO.

I guess a straight line would actually have to go through dirt. Not too many Muzzies on that route at all.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:Pretty sure there's an islamic jihadist connection.
Of course you're joking because you're an idiot. Back in reality, Chechen Islamists are well known jihadists.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Sure they are, but are all Texans idiots when it comes to physics..er, chemistry?
Before God was, I am