Opinions on the Mike Rice Firing

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: Opinions on the Mike Rice Firing

Post by Smackie Chan »

KC Scott wrote:it was just shit you dealt with if you wanted to play
When playing youth football, is that how you rationalized being Sanduskyed?
Last edited by Smackie Chan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I see everything twice!"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

KC Scott wrote:Opinions on the Mike Rice Firing
About time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

If Rutgers was even a half-way decent program, he'd never have been fired. But he only got fired because ESPN brought the tape to light.

I'm actually stunned to see a conservative guy like LS support Rice's firing. Seems to be pretty big liberal gubmint of Rutgers to not allow Rice to discipline his players as he sees fit. The pussification of America, and all.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Obviously the AD should have also been fired for letting this guy hang around as long as he did. As Screwball correctly stated, the video coming to light was the only reason Rice got fired. The AD knew about this garbage long before ESPN and the general public did. It's Penn St Enabling all over, only at a much less horrific level.

Whenever I see these types of things I'm always surprised that the bullying coach hasn't gotten his ass kicked by one or more of his players. This isn't the military; this is college. These kids don't go to school to be treated that way, their parents definitely aren't sending them to school to be treated that way, and surely some of these players who are normally all about never being disrespected have short fuses. There is no way in hell I'd ever let some douchebag hothead throw a basketball at my head and call me names in front of my teammates during a college basketball practice, particularly if I'm some 6'8' ghetto monster who could stomp the guy like a bug.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:Whenever I see these types of things I'm always surprised that the bullying coach hasn't gotten his ass kicked by one or more of his players.
At first I thought the same, Van, but you also have to remember, these a-hole coaches also control if these players are able to play anywhere else.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Van wrote:Obviously the AD should have also been fired for letting this guy hang around as long as he did.
The school president went along with the "rehabilitation" suspension, too. He should step down, as well. This goes all the way to the top. We should just fire New Jersey.
"I see everything twice!"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I don't know that you fire the guy in November, just weeks before the season begins, if you think he'll tone down his tactics after being fined and suspended, but they should have considered the possibility that the video would eventually go public and anticipated the backlash and negative PR. They had no choice but to fire him now, but the school might be prepared for a lawsuit if he was complying with all of the terms set out for him after the suspension and had actually changed his coaching tactics.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: I'm actually stunned to see a conservative guy like LS support Rice's firing. Seems to be pretty big liberal gubmint of Rutgers to not allow Rice to discipline his players as he sees fit. The pussification of America, and all.
Huh?

Rice can discipline his players however he wants. Rutgers can employ whomever they want to coach their basketball team.

No different than Knight back in the day.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Bush's fault.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Bush's, Sarah Palin's, Paul Ryan's, Karl Rove's, the Koch Brother's, Haliburton's, Bible thumper's, vast right-wing conspiracy's, old white guy's, big oil's, big pharma's, Roman Catholic church's, tea party's, Wayne LaPierre's, Dr. Ben Carson's, Rush Limbaugh's, Sean Hannity's, and Jim Boeheim's fault.
Just kidding about Jim Boeheim. War Orange.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Smackie Chan wrote:We should just fire New Jersey.
They already killed off Big Pussy, so why not?

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

There are plenty of things you can point to and cry out "pussification of America" at.

I don't think that hurling basketballs at the heads of kids you control and calling them faggots should qualify as one of those things.

If anything this shows how much of a pussy Rice is, because you know damn well this twerp wouldn't act like that to a bunch of nogs who are a foot larger and decades younger if he wasn't in a position to bully them. Put them all on the court as peers, this dork would be calling them "sir" without a doubt.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The grabbing and shoving was no big deal. The fast balls aimed at heads was. Fukk that asshole. Good riddance.

The bottom line was he was a shit coach for a shit program. If he had any level of success, they might have kept him around.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Wolfman wrote:Bush's, Sarah Palin's, Paul Ryan's, Karl Rove's, the Koch Brother's, Haliburton's, Bible thumper's, vast right-wing conspiracy's, old white guy's, big oil's, big pharma's, Roman Catholic church's, tea party's, Wayne LaPierre's, Dr. Ben Carson's, Rush Limbaugh's, Sean Hannity's, and Jim Boeheim's fault.
Just kidding about Jim Boeheim. War Orange.
Where's fuckin' AIPAC? These ruthless slime merchants are the worst of the entire list you've provided. Sheesh!
Before God was, I am
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:
smackaholic wrote:The grabbing and shoving was no big deal. The fast balls aimed at heads was. Fukk that asshole. Good riddance.
How do you make this assumption based on a two minute clip?
The clips talks about there being a longer (30 minute) tape along with dozens others that the University itself used to suspend the coach for 3 days.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

KC Scott wrote:
smackaholic wrote:The grabbing and shoving was no big deal. The fast balls aimed at heads was. Fukk that asshole. Good riddance.
How do you make this assumption based on a two minute clip?
How do you not make that assumption?
The asshole football coaches I had were assholes on the field

Off the field, they also happened to teach phys ed, shop and algebra and were all great teachers as well as pretty decent guys who would do anything to help their students. I personnaly know of one circumstance where the coach bought cleets for one of our guys becasue the kids Mom couldn't afford it.
So?

"Ma'am, I want your son to come play for me. I'm going to act like a four-year-old and fire basketballs at his head for cutting the wrong way during practice. Oh, and I'm going to call him a faggot and a fairie. Are we clear?

"Sign here...."

Yeah...no. The guy is an embarrasment to adults everywhere, and he has no business being in charge of college athletes. These aren't even NBA kids. He's lucky one of them never thought, 'Why am I taking this? If he touches me again or throws one more basketball at my head, I'm running him headfirst into a locker.'

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:fire basketballs at his head for cutting the wrong way during practice.
Niqqers are stupid. How else are you supposed to train them? You certainly can't speak to them at anything higher than a four year old level and expect them to understand. Most of them are barely even human.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Whether or not the players are getting paid or not, the coach is still in a work environment. Anyone else who acted like that at work with co-workers & especially subordinates would be canned pronto. He's an idiot who should have been fired a long time ago.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote:I had coaches years ago who would punch us at practice when we fucked up, who made us run sprints until we puked, who called us names and cursed at us like we were Marines, etc. Some people respond to that approach, and perform better because of it. Others don't like it one bit. I think it is a question of style. It was far more common years ago than it is now. My reaction at watching the video was what is the big problem here? But times change. And if Rutgers does not approve of that style, it should shit can the coach.
It's sad you actually believe the shit you spew.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:My reaction at watching the video was what is the big problem here?
The problem is if you're incapable of performing your job without chucking basketballs at a kid's dome like a Randy Johnson fastball then you're terribly unqualified for the position.

Pussification? Sorry, but some shit coach abusing his power by getting physical and throwing temper tantrums on the court, knowing his players won't do anything back, comes off as the real pussy here. Just like your past coaches, this "tough disciplinarian" was probably bullied at some point in his life.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I hope one of his kids catches him on the street and gives him a good beat down. Finish it off with a few high hard ones to the mellon.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The AD is now looking for work as well.

Plus the faculty council is pressuring the President to resign.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:In my day, everyone knew that wearing anything pink on a football field was adequate grounds for a serious ass beating.
In your day. Seems meaning tends to shift with time, as we used to swaddle our baby boys in pink outfits. And I'm sure those pink sweatbands have everything to do with being a pussy and nothing to do with the usual adolescent look-at-me-I'm-different shenanigans. Your boys are free to quit the football team if it's such an exercise in pussydom.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

One time I watched Adrian Peterson truck Clay Matthews on one leg while wearing pink socks and armbands. What a pussy. I could probably kick his ass because I only have blue shirts in my wardrobe.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Whole lotta hand-wringing, namby-pamby, purse-swingers up in this bitch. Clearly, some of you ladies never played ball. Rice was right. Buncha fuckin' fairies.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

His team finished 12th in the Big East. Clearly nothing he did was "right."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -mike-rice

So NOW it doesn't sound so bad. Let's face it - ESPN got this guy and the rest of them fired. If Rutgers wasn't on ESPN's porch, nobody would even give a fuck about it - because it's just a shitty little program.

ESPN's just pissed off because they were using "homophobic slurs". Too bad the coaches weren't calling them "Niqqer Dick Sucking Faggots".
Much like your unhealthy obsession with food, you have an unhealthy obsession with Rutgers. Even if Rutgers wasn't quote/unquote on ESPN's porch, this would still be big news.

And the players' Stockholm Syndrome? It's institutional, much like your fatness.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote: If Rutgers wasn't on ESPN's porch, nobody would even give a fuck about it - because it's just a shitty little program.
SEC honk trying to take ESPN to task for overhyping a story is easily the funniest and most moronic thing said in this thread.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

M Club wrote:Seems meaning tends to shift with time, as we used to swaddle our baby boys in pink outfits.
Who the fuck is "we"?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Truman wrote:Whole lotta hand-wringing, namby-pamby, purse-swingers up in this bitch. Clearly, some of you ladies never played ball. Rice was right. Buncha fuckin' fairies.
Sorry Tru, but a grown man hurling objects at others because he can will always be the calling card of a total pussy.

The biggest handwringing pussy would be the AD. If the act was worth firing him in April, it was worth firing him when he found out. Too bad his butthole puckered and he gave him a few games off hoping it would just go away. When it predicatbly didn't go away, the non-pussy move would've been to say he knew about it, handled it and told the media tough shit. He would've been wrong, but if he didn't feel it was worth firing him in October, it's not worth it now.

The coach is a emotionally stunted piece of shit and the AD proved to be a spineless bitch two time over. They deserve to carpool to the unemployment office.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

R-Jack wrote:
Truman wrote:Whole lotta hand-wringing, namby-pamby, purse-swingers up in this bitch. Clearly, some of you ladies never played ball. Rice was right. Buncha fuckin' fairies.
Sorry Tru, but a grown man hurling objects at others because he can will always be the calling card of a total pussy.

Horseshit. A grown man hurling a basketball at his players because he can will always be calling card for "trying to get their attention."

Bet it worked. I'm guessing not to many 19-year-olds appreciate having a basketball bounced off their dome. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'll bet Rice didn't fire balls at his players for exemplary play. Ever try to talk to a kid who's convinced his way is best and that he's smarter than you? You tell them, you tell them, you tell them... And then you smoke a ball at their melon. And suddenly, the light comes on. Corrective behavior, Jack.
The biggest handwringing pussy would be the AD. If the act was worth firing him in April, it was worth firing him when he found out. Too bad his butthole puckered and he gave him a few games off hoping it would just go away. When it predicatbly didn't go away, the non-pussy move would've been to say he knew about it, handled it and told the media tough shit. He would've been wrong, but if he didn't feel it was worth firing him in October, it's not worth it now.

The coach is a emotionally stunted piece of shit and the AD proved to be a spineless bitch two time over. They deserve to carpool to the unemployment office.
More horseshit. You fuckin' pussies look at two fucking minutes of video produced by a disgruntled employee fired for insubordination and pass judgment on the coach's methods. What about all the other countless hours of practice?! Why have players come out of the woodwork to defend him?

Wally Judge played at K-State before transferring to the State University of New Jersey, and laughed at the suggestion that Rice was tougher on his kids than Frank Martin. Read that again: Frank freaking Martin. Dude is beloved in these parts, is beloved by his players, but make no mistake: Everybody knows he's a hardass. Yet still the kids come.

I didn't see anything in that video to give me pause for any concern. Where was the part where one of his kids was left bleeding out on the court from one of his tirades? Jesus Christ, R-Jack, you too?! Fuck-me-running...
Last edited by Truman on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Let me get this straight, Truman. When you watch that video, you don't see an infantile, spazzed out power tripping buffoon, but instead some sort of old school, tough, man's man? :lol:

I don't know whether to laugh at your or pity you.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Let me get this straight, Truman. When you watch that video, you don't see an infantile, spazzed out power tripping buffoon, but instead some sort of old school, tough, man's man? :lol:

I don't know whether to laugh at your or pity you.
Is EVERYBODY from Michigan as big a pussy as you are Blue?

Coach gets 20 hours a week to practice his team in a season that runs from August to March, and two minutes of video has you peeing down your leg in righteous indignation. Where is the video showing Rice's players rough-housing and grab-assing with their coach? Where are his players complaining about his behavior? Every account I've read has them having his back.

Fuckin' coddled punk kid. Die in a Detroit race riot.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Truman wrote:

Horseshit. A grown man hurling a basketball at his players because he can will always be calling card for "trying to get their attention."
What, he doesn't have a whistle?

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Van wrote:
Truman wrote:

:roll:

Yeah, and it looked like he has decent arm too and might have played a little baseball in his day.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:
Truman wrote:

Oh, for cat's sake...

Would your whistle encourage a player to move his feet and set up a screen? Would your whistle discourage a player from reaching and squaring up on defense?

Or would a ball hurled at your dome get you attention? Just as well fling maxipads at them. Damn. Wish you were here... I'd chuck a ball at you for being such an asshat.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pretty sure John Wooden, Dean Smith and even Coach K managed to get their players' attention without having to resort to firing basketballs at their heads and calling them faggots. Same with Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich. A whistle has always seemed to suffice.

I could be wrong.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:calling them faggots.
Let's be honest here. Calling them faggots is the real reason he got fired. He could have been throwing tire irons at their heads and nobody would have batted an eye. Call them faggots, though, and you risk the butthurt of the gay mafia.

Faggot is the new niqqer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Definitely some truth to that.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Truman wrote: Horseshit. A grown man hurling a basketball at his players because he can will always be calling card for "trying to get their attention."
I guess you and I will just have to respectfully disagree on this point, you stupid son of a bitch.
Bet it worked.

16-38 in conference. Can you figure out that it wasn't working on your own, or do you need a basketball chucked at your head to help you?