Winter Storm Q

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Winter Storm Q

Post by War Wagon »

Q? since when did they start naming blizzards?

They say we're supposed to get 12-18" snow in these parts. I doubt that, maybe 10" tops. But I'll take that over the 1" of ice that they may get south of here. Snow I can deal with, ice sucks.

Be that as it may, this weather pussy is hunkering down tomorrow. I'm due for a day off. I worked 12 hours today to make sure I got all the pallets moved that needed moving and this weather event is the perfect excuse to stay home and watch the twin races at Daytona tomorrow... and start drinking, early. Rack me.

Oh, and my SEC brethren may get some tornados. Good luck with that.
mvscal
Blank

Re: Winter Storm Q

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:They say we're supposed to get 12-18"
Lucky bastard.

--Nick Felchco
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I think you're getting the same storm that passed through here last night. I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. to what sounded like a really loud rainstorm. Looked outside and the ground was completely white with hail.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

hail in SoCal?

Hell has indeed frozen over.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Phone Rings at Mikeys house...

Mikey: Hello
GOD: Hey Mikey, GOD here, how is the whole Lent thing working out for you?
Mikey: urrrr, uhhmmm, urrrrrr
GOD: How are your new Solar Panels?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Roach wrote:are the "rank 'em" threads on .net...
die in an avalanche.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Bookshelves got named 'Billy', stranger things have happened.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

atomicdad wrote:Phone Rings at Mikeys house...

Mikey: Hello
GOD: Hey Mikey, GOD here, how is the whole Lent thing working out for you?
Mikey: urrrr, uhhmmm, urrrrrr
GOD: How are your new Solar Panels?

I knew I shouldn't have ordered that steak last Friday.

:?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:It's nothing more than a bunch of shit to try to get people to buy into the Global Warming horseshit.
The depths of your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Papa Willie wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Q? since when did they start naming blizzards?

They say we're supposed to get 12-18" snow in these parts. I doubt that, maybe 10" tops. But I'll take that over the 1" of ice that they may get south of here. Snow I can deal with, ice sucks.

Be that as it may, this weather pussy is hunkering down tomorrow. I'm due for a day off. I worked 12 hours today to make sure I got all the pallets moved that needed moving and this weather event is the perfect excuse to stay home and watch the twin races at Daytona tomorrow... and start drinking, early. Rack me.

Oh, and my SEC brethren may get some tornados. Good luck with that.
They started naming winter storms this year. Tell me you knew.

It's nothing more than a bunch of shit to try to get people to buy into the Global Warming horseshit. They figure that by naming the storms - they'll appear far worse than they ever were before.
TFT called...He wants his hat back.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:They started naming winter storms this year. Tell me you knew.
When did I start trolling as Willie?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Pretty impressive winter storm warning area....

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

piling up pretty good here, probably at 8" now with more still coming down hard and heavy. I-70, I-29 and I-35 are turning into parking lots, as is every major roadway in town. KCI airport shut down for the first time since 1995. This entire flyover burg is basically shut down.

Damn glad I decided to stay home from work today, they sent all the mfg crew home at 9 am anyways and I reckon the office pukes weren't far behind. Those that came in, that is.

For those idiots who didn't heed the warnings and hit the roads today... you deserve to be stuck on the interstate.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:piling up pretty good here, probably at 8" now.
Let me know when you get real snow.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Mikey wrote:I think you're getting the same storm that passed through here last night. I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. to what sounded like a really loud rainstorm. Looked outside and the ground was completely white with hail.
Same thing going on here in Arizona. All throughout Scottsdale and parts of Phoenix, people woke up to the sight of a blanket of snow or hail or what they call grapple or grauple snow.

Hell has indeed frozen over.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

BSmack wrote:
More to the affect that the shit is flying sideways at about 40 mph and the plows can't keep up. Heard a report earlier that the salt trucks are driving racetracks from ramp-to-ramp in a futile attempt to clear the Interstates of traffic. But the thundersnow and lightning we had earlier this morning was cool!

Can't believe Screwey isn't in here yet smacking the old farts for yet another weather thread. Fucker must be slippin'...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm mopping.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm mopping.
No no Screw, it's snow, not jizz. You can put the mop away.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm mopping.
No no Screw, it's snow, not jizz. You can put the mop away.
No snow here, so...
"I see everything twice!"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Resting up today so I'll be energized to dig out tomorrow morning. Only expecting 10" of snow, with high winds to create some drifting, but it won't be that bad. Just hoping the road to Lincoln will be in good shape Saturday morning when we head to the Hawkeye game. Glad we're getting the snow now instead of back in December and January because it will melt off soon and we desperately need the ground moisture.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:More to the affect that the shit is flying sideways at about 40 mph and the plows can't keep up.
Yawn. I used to live in Oswego, NY. Let me know when you get some wind too.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Bri doing his best Dinsdale impression?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
Well, I just went out and shoveled that fake snow off my porch, stairs and sidewalk. My back thinks it seemed pretty "real".

After a brief rest, time to go back out and clean the cars off then clear the driveway. Some "good samaritan" neighbor took it upon himself to plow up and down the street with his ATV... erecting a 3' snow bank at the end of the drive. :brad:
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:Some "good samaritan" neighbor took it upon himself to plow up and down the street with his ATV... erecting a 3' snow bank at the end of the drive. :brad:
The city usually does that for us at no extra charge.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I live on a dead end street. In 27 years, the city has plowed this road exactly once.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mace wrote:Bri doing his best Dinsdale impression?
Look at Oswego NY on a map sometime. It is, to paraphrase Reverend Reggie, gifted in the art of getting a metric shit ton of snow and high wind every winter. After living there, Rochester is like a vacation resort. And you know what is amazing? People live there and go to work every day in weather as bad or worse than what is currently causing Kansas City to loose their collective shit.

Now I forgive folks in the south for not being able to handle this shit. When it comes to snow, the south is like your little retarded cousin. They're just a little slow to figure things out. They know they get snowstorms, but do they think to buy plow trucks? Rock salt? Oh hell no. They just curl up inside their houses and wait for the scary white stuff to go away. But you Midwestern folk should have this shit down by now. Mix in some fucking snow barriers already if you're worried about drifting snow.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:Some "good samaritan" neighbor took it upon himself to plow up and down the street with his ATV... erecting a 3' snow bank at the end of the drive. :brad:
Solution:

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:People live there and go to work every day in weather as bad or worse than what is currently causing Kansas City to loose their collective shit.
oh please Uncle B, tell us again how when you were a kid you used to walk back and forth to school six miles, in a blizzard, without shoes, uphill both ways.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

BSmack wrote: But you Midwestern folk should have this shit down by now. Mix in some fucking snow barriers already if you're worried about drifting snow.
Can't speak for Kansas City but I think most midwesterners have it figured out. A 10 inch snow in late February is nothing more than a bit of an inconvenience for a few days. It might change your travel plans on the day of the storm but no one misses work. We drive 4 wheel drive trucks for a reason.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:People live there and go to work every day in weather as bad or worse than what is currently causing Kansas City to loose their collective shit.
oh please Uncle B, tell us again how when you were a kid you used to walk back and forth to school six miles, in a blizzard, without shoes, uphill both ways.
Nah, it was about 1.5 miles each way in those old school rubber boots (you would stuff your feet in them with bread wrappers) and pretty flat terrain. I was having a conversation about walking to school with my wife. She still can't believe that we would walk to school alone in Kindergarten. She had school buses at her school.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mace wrote:
BSmack wrote: But you Midwestern folk should have this shit down by now. Mix in some fucking snow barriers already if you're worried about drifting snow.
Can't speak for Kansas City but I think most midwesterners have it figured out. A 10 inch snow in late February is nothing more than a bit of an inconvenience for a few days. It might change your travel plans on the day of the storm but no one misses work. We drive 4 wheel drive trucks for a reason.
Those midwestern folk are kind of like us in that they get a decent snow storm now and again, so they have equipment for it, but since they don't get it every fukking day, they don't go overboard on equipment. When they do get hammered, they sit in their houses and drink for a few days. Places like Oswego have to go overboard on equipment as they do not have enough alcohol to last being snowed in all fukking winter long.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

It was only a one mile walk for me with lots of steep hills wearing those 4-5 buckle overshoes.

I don't think these guys were prepared for any snow. :lol:

I wonder if Jay is snowed in?
Last edited by Mace on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

B'sdale wrote:
Truman wrote:More to the affect that the shit is flying sideways at about 40 mph and the plows can't keep up.
Yawn. I used to live in Oswego, NY. Let me know when you get some wind too.
We got a foot of snow in three hours, you fucking dickhole. Lemme guess: NY-DOT salt trucks plow the Interstates in tank treads. Bode you. If I wanted to live in a God-forsaken, 9-months-of-winter-fucking-big-government-liberal-shit-hole as you do, I'd probably move there.

I don't. So that makes today's storm an event. The two foot drifts I just shoveled out of my drive would like to fight you.

:mrgreen:
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

'Nother question, you smug-fuck: Why is it every time you Losers suffer some kind of weather catastrophe, WE send a fleet of about a hunnert power trucks to bring you folks back on line?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The worst isn't supposed to hit here until later tonight but, so far, we haven't gotten more than 2-3 inches (kinda like theJON's wife). Maybe the storm will be snowed out by the time it gets up here.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:no one misses work.
suuure they don't.

most of the guys made it in today, then they told everyone to go home at 9 am (we start at 5 am). Hearing stories that for some of them, it was a 3-4 hour trek (even those in in 4-wheel drive trucks), for those that made it. Some got stuck behind other cars or jack knifed semi-trailers with no way around and had to hoof it home from there.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:suuure they don't.
In places where they know how to handle it, no, they don't.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:
Mace wrote:no one misses work.
suuure they don't.

most of the guys made it in today, then they told everyone to go home at 9 am (we start at 5 am). Hearing stories that for some of them, it was a 3-4 hour trek (even those in in 4-wheel drive trucks), for those that made it. Some got stuck behind other cars or jack knifed semi-trailers with no way around and had to hoof it home from there.
I would guarantee you that no one in my county missed work today due to the weather.....nor will they tomorrow. Just one more advantage to living in a rural community.....we don't have the heavy traffic or a bunch of idiots who don't know how to drive on a little, or even a lot, of snow. I'll scoop the walks and patio tomorrow morning when the snow ends and then get in my truck and drive anywhere I want to fucking drive. It just won't be to Kansas City.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:In places where they know how to handle it, no, they don't.
Bullshit. You can say "most", but don't sit there and type that nobody ever misses work due to the weather.

KC has 250 snowplows, along with the surrounding cities, counties, and state road crews, probably another 750. It doesn't matter when it's snowing 3-4" an hour and the wind is howling. It fills back in minutes. The fact they shut down KCI because they couldn't even keep one runway clear tells you all you need to know about today's event.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

...fuckin' Americans...

:meds:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.