You Saved my Life - Now I'm Suing you

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: You Saved my Life - Now I'm Suing you

Post by Mikey »

I thought this was going to be about AEG vs. the Citizens of the United States.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Couple of thoughts here.

1) Why didn't this make the national news at the time it happened?

2) Kinda takes a big ole dump on those who say untrained citizens will hurt innocents in the process if when they use a gun to defend themselves. Elliot managed to hit the perp despite him holding Nelson and potentially another security guard taken captive first. Story doesn't make that part clear.

3) Elliot and Kroger should counter sue Nelson for failing to keep the customers of the Kroger safe, a job for which she was hired to do exactly that.

4) The attorney that brought this case should be forced to pay all court costs for all parties as punishment for even wasting the courts time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Not quite as cut and dried as you seem to think. There are a lot of inconsistencies in the story.

1. The perp was not armed, so the store manager probably overestimated the danger he was in. That's one of the problems of having untrained citizens carrying deadly weapons around. They may feel that their life is in imminent danger when it really isn't.
2. It's not the job of the store manager to provide security.
3. If the perp "lunged" toward him then he couldn't have been holding the two women any longer.
4. What good is a security guard that can't defend her- or himself against an unarmed intruder?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:
1. The perp was not armed, so the store manager probably overestimated the danger he was in. That's one of the problems of having untrained citizens carrying deadly weapons around. They may feel that their life is in imminent danger when it really isn't.
Strong arm robbery at the least, kidnapping, assault, menancing and reckless endangerment at the very minimum. The perp then makes the move to assault the manager. Perp could have simulated a weapon and that is good enough with the move against the manager to use deadly force, since the cocksucker had already committed 5 felonies before he came after the manager. You can use deadly force to prevent the commission of a felony against yourself. Tell me you get that idea.

2. It's not the job of the store manager to provide security.
Yes it is. He is responsible for the security of the store, employees and inventory.Pretty sure that is in the job description. Maybe not personally, but to see that it is covered. Probably to stop shoplifting to.

3. If the perp "lunged" toward him then he couldn't have been holding the two women any longer.
Brilliant deduction there. So he then made the transition to assault the manager. Of course the manager should make no move to defend himself since the women were freed at that time.

4. What good is a security guard that can't defend her- or himself against an unarmed intruder?
No good at all. That is why they should all be armed and blow those low life criminal cocksuckers away the minute they do shit like that. Of course this is a civil suit where the burden of proof is negligible compared to a criminal case. With out the manager being charged for a criminal action they have no case.

Manager walks, perp is dead like he should be. Nobody gets a fucking thin dime.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey = Limp dicked moron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Is the manager supposed to know the perp isn't armed ahead of time?

No, he can't know.

And let's use simple fukking logic here. Manager has a weapon. Perp attacks. The manager prolly does a little quick math in his head and realizes that momentarily, the perp just might become armed, so he solves the problem by sending that fukk to hades.

He shouldn't be sued, he should be given an award. lets just hope his employer doesn't do what employers tend to do in such cases which is throw them under the bus.

mikey, for a guy who is pretty smart with all that science and math stuff, you really are a dumbfukk. Suppose you are that manager. Suppose you have some sort of YAFJ like ability to predict the future. You know that sometime today a career criminal POS is going to attack you. Maybe he will just give you a noogie. Maybe he will beat you into a permanent vegatative state with a can of creamed corn. You have a handgun.

Do you bring it with you? Or do you hope that a 10 dollar an hour unarmed woman will save you?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Where theres money to be had, theres a lawsuit.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:1) Why didn't this make the national news at the time it happened?

:meds: :meds: :meds:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:1) Why didn't this make the national news at the time it happened?

:meds: :meds: :meds:
A typically outstanding rebuttal from the resident journalist/jizz mopper.

If it was the bad guy doing the shooting, preferably with a mega clipped AR-15, it would be all over the news.

Good guys killing bad ones with firearms is what they call an aberration. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.