Could the Chargers Possibly Suck Any Worse?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Could the Chargers Possibly Suck Any Worse?

Post by Mikey »

Maybe, but not much.

Time to give Whitehurst a look.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Re: Could the Chargers Possibly Suck Any Worse?

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:Maybe, but not much.

Time to give Whitehurst a look.

...you can't think Whitehurst would fair any better under that kind of pressure..right?
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I thought Tony Romo played for the Cowboys? :meds:

Rivers was horrible, as was most of the offense and defense.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

That loss is on Norv. Save your Philip Rivers threw 6 hundred intereception emails, I'm not reading them.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

more tomorrow, I have a headache.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote:I've never understood why Whitehurst hasn't been given more of a chance with either SD or Seattle.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is due to the fact that he sucks. You think Pete Carroll wasn't willing to give him a shot? Carroll will play whoever he thinks is the best. He doesn't give a fuck about contracts or draft status. Whitehurst is a dehydrated turd. He's a 3rd string journeyman at best and will probably be out of the league within three or four years.
He was great in college - better than Rivers at the time they were both in, too.
Smoking the good shit, ay?

The Chargers just aren't very good. They've got a rookie at left tackle. Jammer is too slow to play CB and should probably think about moving to safety. He was horrific. I'm not surprised in the least and whatever it takes to get rid of Norviega is fine with me. The Bolts will whip up on shit teams and collapse like a cheap lawn chair against decent teams.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Whitehurst insured Tardvarius Jackson started for Seattle. If you suck worse than that guy, well you really suck. Given his pedigree and college success, i thought Whitehurst would be better, but he flat sucked when he got chances to play in Seattle. How Norv Turner keeps his job is a mystery to me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: I'll venture to say you never saw him play in college.
Just because he played at Golden Corral Community College doesn't mean he's any good, tubby.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Papa Willie wrote:At least the Chargers have 3 upcoming games that should be somewhat easy (Browns, Chiefs & Bucs).

While the Bucs record does not reflect it I would not consider them an easy out by any stretch. They have been competitive in every game this year, a far cry from last year's debacle.
Go Bucs, Gators
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote: I'll venture to say you never saw him play in college.
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. They both played in the ACC and at the same time. This is easy. Rivers is the best QB in the history of the ACC and Whitehurst isn't.

In any event, Whitehurst blows goats in the NFL. The Chargers need to fix their O line and their secondary before they need to start worrying about QB.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

they need to dump pineapple face before they do anything....why spanos doesn't realize turner is a fucking farce as a coach is beyond me...fuck, rivers would be a better head coach
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Rivers is the best QB in the history of the ACC

Just wanted to quote this, before mvscal realizes what a laughably ignorant take that was and edits it.

Did Cryme A Rivers win a HEisman in his ACC days? Chris Weinke did. Charlie Ward did.

Did he win a BCS Championship out of the ACC? No... Chris Weinke did.

Was he better than Matt Ryan in the ACC? Not to anyone with a working set of eyes.

How about Boomer Esiason? Nope, Rivers wasn't as good in the ACC.

While Rivers had a fine ACC career, and even broke some records, to call him "the best in ACC history" is simply homerism at a very high level.

As to his pro career, I believe Cryme A still ranks in the all-time top 5 (or so) in QB Rating... for all that's worth.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:Just wanted to quote this, before mvscal realizes what a laughably ignorant take that was and edits it.

Did Cryme A Rivers win a HEisman in his ACC days? Chris Weinke did. Charlie Ward did.

Did he win a BCS Championship out of the ACC? No... Chris Weinke did.

Was he better than Matt Ryan in the ACC? Not to anyone with a working set of eyes.

How about Boomer Esiason? Nope, Rivers wasn't as good in the ACC.

While Rivers had a fine ACC career, and even broke some records, to call him "the best in ACC history" is simply homerism at a very high level.
Yes, he was a better college QB than all of the above both statistically and on the scoreboard.

Rivers:
1087/1711 63.5% 13,484 7.9 95/34 144.1

Weinke:
670/1141 58.7% 10,168 8.9 83/33 151.8

Ward:
473/759 62.3% 5,747 7.6 49/22 141.4

Ryan:
807/1346 60.0% 9,313 56/37 126.3

Esiason:
461/850 54.2% 6,259 7.4 42/27 126.0

Let's see. Most attempts, most completions, highest completion percentage, highest yardage total, most touchdowns and most starts in NCAA history and yet it is "laughably ignorant" to consider him the best QB to come out of the ACC.

Fuck off, moron.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, victories in the Shit-Filet Bowl trump Heismans and winning championships in Chargertard's world-of-BODE?

I suppose that explains that empty trophy cases in San Diego... which they think equals BODE somehow.

Quite telling, indeed.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:So, victories in the Shit-Filet Bowl trump Heismans and winning championships
Tebow has a Hesiman and a BCS championship. Does that make him a better QB than Rivers?

Championships are a team effort and totally meaningless in evaluating individual production at QB. Heismans are also meaningless in that they are single season awards and don't reflect an entire college career. In any event, that is totally beside YOUR point.

Opinions may differ on the best ACC QB, but to claim that it is "laughably ignorant" to put Rivers forward in that category is just pathetically stupid.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Tebow has a Hesiman and a BCS championship. Does that make him a better QB than Rivers?

As far as executing the system in place, that's an easy question.

Yes, by a longshot.

Decades from now, one will be remembered as one of the greatest players in CFB history. The other will be honored in the future with...

"Who?"
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Whitehurst sucks. This offseason the Chargers should bring in another QB for the future. I don't think Rivers has more than a 2-3 years left in the tank. I've read numerous articles about his decline and its starting to become apparent, especially when he tries to throw deep to Meachem, who he never hits in stride. Hopefully they'll improve their timing. Rivers performs best when he has big WR's he can throw it up high for, like Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd and Gates.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:I don't think Rivers has more than a 2-3 years left in the tank.
Jesus Christ...he's thirty years old.
I've read numerous articles about his decline and its starting to become apparent, especially when he tries to throw deep to Meachem, who he never hits in stride.
I'm sure the fact the O line is a mess has nothing to do with it, right? It's just Rivers "getting old."

:meds:

It's really looking like most Charger fans are total idiots.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's starting to lose something on his passes. Of course I understand the oline stinks, so does Aaron Roger's, He's been sacked a lot this season. Don't remember too many 6 turnover games though. If Rivers has protection issues he should throw the ball away. Instead its often up for grabs.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:I don't know if you've noticed, but he's starting to lose something on his passes. Of course I understand the oline stinks, so does Aaron Roger's, He's been sacked a lot this season. Don't remember too many 6 turnover games though. If Rivers has protection issues he should throw the ball away. Instead its often up for grabs.
Which is it? Is he losing something on his passes or is he making bad decisions and throwing it up for grabs?

Don't bother responding. It's a rhetorical question. Here, you'll need this.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rhetorical
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Is he losing something on his passes or is he making bad decisions and throwing it up for grabs?
the two aren't mutually exclusive....I'll go with both-throw in the fact that he constantly blames everyone else for his own inadequacies blend them all together, and you come up with another dismal season....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Is he losing something on his passes or is he making bad decisions and throwing it up for grabs?
the two aren't mutually exclusive....I'll go with both-throw in the fact that he constantly blames everyone else for his own inadequacies blend them all together, and you come up with another dismal season....
He constantly blames others? Link?

There's nothing wrong his arm. He's got plenty of velocity. What he doesn't have is a solid offensive line in front him. They were gutted by injuries last year which led to the retirement of the left side of the line.

Rivers is a pocket passer who doesn't throw well on the move. The offensive line needs to be built with that in mind. Harris looks like he might make a decent left tackle eventually, but there is going to be some growing pains. It's not an easy position to play.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I have it on good authority the Chargers did not lose this week. RACK them.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
He constantly blames others? Link?
there is no "link" but when he overthrows and underthrows balls, he's always pointing at the receivers, throwing his hands up, making gestures like they should have somewhere else, etc. I'll admit the eggo receivers don't always run the best routes, but it can't be the receivers fault every time he throws it 6 feet over their head or two feet in front of them.......
There's nothing wrong his arm. He's got plenty of velocity. What he doesn't have is a solid offensive line in front him. They were gutted by injuries last year which led to the retirement of the left side of the line.
I really don't think there's anything wrong with his arm and yeah, he's got plenty of velocity.....Rivers problem has always been that he makes bad decisions and those bad decisions seemingly always come at critical points in a game.....he tries to force passes into impossibly tight windows.....while that might work in college, it seldom works in the pros.....

and yes, his offensive line is not giving him much help because as you pointed out, he's a pocket passer.....but no doubt, he still possesses the physical tools of a good quality NFL QB....his arm is a lot stronger than a lot of starting QB's.....they need a big time deep threat and neither Malcom Floyd or Robert Meachem are Vincent Jackson....without that deep threat, teams can concentrate on stopping Gates who IMHO, has always been one of the Chargers biggest offensive weapons....

but Norv Turner has got to be one of the dumbest head coaches I've ever seen, how he's kept his job is beyond me....that's another factor working against Rivers.....don't tell anybody this, but I actually think that if Rivers had more tools to work with, he could be one of the best in the NFL
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Felix wrote:there is no "link" but when he overthrows and underthrows balls, he's always pointing at the receivers, throwing his hands up, making gestures like they should have somewhere else, etc.

Sin,
90% of all the QBs in the league.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:I actually think that if Rivers had more tools to work with, he could be one of the best in the NFL
Oh, he works with plenty of tools.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I guess the answer is, "Why, yes. Yes they can."

At least they aren't the Chiefs...
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Thursday night is shaping up to be a real barn burner.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Scott wrote:Cheaps just set a new standard for sucktitude - first team since 1940 to not lead at any point during regulation of any of their first seven games

It's really the worst looking team I've ever seen, coached by an imbelcile, managed by douche and owned by a yuppie accountant texan

fear not my good friend...ahaha the Bolts are next on the shedule and they haven't scored a TD for a month.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

This is what Thursday night games are made of.

Suck and more suck.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Good God. That last Cassel fumble looked like a Mikey post...
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Truman wrote:Good God. That last Cassel fumble looked like a Mikey post...
awkward, clumsy and embarrassing?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Scott wrote:And that last INT looked like the last 15 Cassel has thrown

worst team ever

...you mean OFF the hands of his receivers?

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

trev wrote:
Mikey post = trev's wedding night? Who knew?

Sorry, Sweetie, you left a slider up on that one...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

no doubt, the chargers looked like world beaters tonight....too bad they can't play the chefs every week

seriously, 4 turnovers with two of them going the opposite way for TD's....it was like watching a movie that was so bad you just had to keep watching to see if would get any worse-and it did.....just fucking awful.....KC definitely blows goat cak
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Truman wrote:
trev wrote:
Mikey post = trev's wedding night? Who knew?

Sorry, Sweetie, you left a slider up on that one...

I'm glad you two were finally able to get together.

A real quality match, sort of like Chargers/Chiefs.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

This says it all.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

This isn’t a football team — it’s a slump buster in pads.
best line in the article.

I didn't think Mellinger had it in him.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

26 points by the Bolts D says it all. :lol:

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

War Wagon wrote:I didn't think Mellinger had it in him.
I've not been a big fan of Sam for the most part. But, his work on the Chiefs this season has been great.