TVO sighting:

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Re: TVO sighting:

Post by MadRussian »

Lets hope he give a bridge abutment a love tap at about 80, fucker would look like a turtle in Mario world bouncing all around
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

This may be a question for Sam or Van, but do you need a motorcycle license to ride one of those two front wheel thingies.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The only advantage that thing would have over a donorcycle would be not having to deal with the DMV bullshit.

I guess it is harder to "lay down". You know, that term bikers use instead of "fucking crash".
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

KC Scott wrote:if you're talking about that abortion called the Can Am Spyder - the answer is yes
The one they advertise using a ZZ Top tune in the commercial.

This after ZZ Top was the head liner at Sturgis in 2010. Go figure.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

R-Jack wrote:The only advantage that thing would have over a donorcycle would be not having to deal with the DMV bullshit.
Why would you assume there is any less DMV bullshit with a trike? Car, bike or trike, there's no DMV difference except for the extra licensing required to operate a bike or trike.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote:Image

Nice ride, dude. Just be careful in the corners.
You sure it isn't zyclone?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:I guess it is harder to "lay down". You know, that term bikers use instead of "fucking crash".
I don't know about that. It looks like it would be pretty easy to tip over to me.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:if you're talking about that abortion called the Can Am Spyder - the answer is yes
And what makes it an abortion?

Is it the fact that it has a third wheel?

I wouldn't own one as I kinda like the idea of being able to bank a bike over, but, for some, particularly those that may have physical limitations or the added stability if they find themselves in slippery road conditions, why the fukk not?

It has a liter rotax V twin which is a better mill than any harley could ever hope to be. The dude that lives behind me has a verah nice can am quad. It is the big one. Part tractor, part race bike. I was grinning like a little kid as I got my arms stretched out running that very quick tractor up and down the street. I suspect the trike is similar fun.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Derron wrote:
The one they advertise using a ZZ Top tune in the commercial.

This after ZZ Top was the head liner at Sturgis in 2010. Go figure.
I will admit that their marketing is a fukking joke.

"get a can am trike and hang out with harley dude" :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a joke. fukk "harley dude". he doesn't want to hang with you or me, which is fine as i don't want to hang out with real harley dude or the CPA poseur harley dude.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
R-Jack wrote:I guess it is harder to "lay down". You know, that term bikers use instead of "fucking crash".
I don't know about that. It looks like it would be pretty easy to tip over to me.
Not really. A person would have to try awfully hard to highside one of those things.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Van wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Not really. A person would have to try awfully hard to highside one of those things.
Have you ever ridden one?

i would think that they could get kinda squirrely at high speeds. Don't think I'd wanna take one much past legal speeds.

I really need to get off my ass and clean the carbs on the old FJ and buy it some new shoes. Damn thing hasn't been out of the basement in a few years.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I've only ridden one in a parking lot. Did a bunch of donuts, basically.

Anyway, sure, they can be highsided. Anything can. With a purpose-built trike featuring properly compensating suspension, though, you really have to screw the pooch before it'll get that out of shape. It's far easier to highside a bike or roll a high-centered truck.

The thing, is...why? Unless the person is handicapped and/or unable to operate a motorcycle for whatever reason, I just don't see the appeal of a Spyder. Can't split lanes. Leans the wrong way in corners. Can't park anywhere a small car can't also park. Fuckall storage capacity. Costs as much as a proper touring bike. Still subject to heat, cold, bugs, rocks and rain. No race-replica cache. No Steve McQueen-wannabe cred. No Harley Bad Ass reflected glory. Still gonna get splattered if you crash badly. 'Real' bikers of all ilks will think you're Mr. Whipple.

Nope, I don't get it.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Van wrote:
R-Jack wrote:The only advantage that thing would have over a donorcycle would be not having to deal with the DMV bullshit.
Why would you assume there is any less DMV bullshit with a trike? Car, bike or trike, there's no DMV difference except for the extra licensing required to operate a bike or trike.
The extra licensing was exactly what I was talking about. One less trip to the DMV would be a deciding factor in getting a can am or a real bike.

Of course I have no need for either....
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I've seen some really cool trikes...but that thing is an abortion.

I'd feel unsafe the whole time about highsiding it.

And most of the time the people you see on those things are women or Jerry's kids.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

R-Jack, the licensing requirements for a trike or a bike are the same, so there's no DMV advantage either way. They both require an additional Class M1 endorsement.

Or...maybe not.

:?

Apparently Can-Am is now promoting on their website and through their dealers that nothing beyond a basic Class C license is required in California to operate a Spyder, because a Spyder is not a traditional trike. Most other states require an M1 endorsement for Spyders, and California has gone back and forth on this issue as it regards side cars, modified trikes and even ATVs that have been converted for street use.

Anyway, as it sits right now, it appears that no motorcycle license is required to ride a Spyder, at least in our state. I would not count on that to last, though.

Diego, from what I'm hearing, the vast majority of Spyder buyers are the elderly who have physical difficulties with riding motorcycles. Hip-replacement types, arthritis sufferers, rampant vagitosis unfortunates, etc.

'Spray, these things are quite a bit safer in the corners than a conventional two-wheeled motorcycle. Three huge contact patches and compensating suspension will beat two relatively tiny contact patches for traction every time, especially since those on a bike are quite a bit more curved than the ones on a Spyder. There's simply way more rubber on the road with those three large, relatively uncrowned tires.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray and Sam in a serious hurry to get to the 19th hole...

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And how did they ever get that thing to haul ass like that?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The Decline of Western Civilization, in a three-minute video.

:mrgreen:

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Van wrote:
Anyway, sure, they can be highsided. Anything can. With a purpose-built trike featuring properly compensating suspension, though, you really have to screw the pooch before it'll get that out of shape.
Yeah..if you get it that far you are way out of the window of operations and are basically all around fucked. Your going to crash and one more wheel won't mean shit.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?