It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Oh, Jesus fuck. C'mon!

Post by Van »

Newt Gingrich promises to build a moon colony by 2020; make it a U.S. state

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology- ... 03078.html

Seriously? You have got to be kidding me. With all the real issues facing our country, this is how you choose to pander to Floridian voters?

Truly, we are a nation of retards.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Re: Oh, Jesus fuck. C'mon!

Post by Invictus »

Newt arriving to meet his new constituency after he is exiled from Earth. Sonny Bono is on board with a bomb in a suitcase.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Hopefully this insane idea will doom his plan to become the nominee...but where do the R's go then ?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I scanned the comment section for any referances to Uranus. I found two. I now offically have no comment.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Newt's unabashed boosterisim of space exploration is one of the few ideas I agree with him about. We should dare to dream big.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack, Sam, you two are in favor of the U.S. trying to establish a colony of 13,000 people on the moon and declaring it our 51st state? You see this as a compelling mission our government ought to undertake in the next few years?

You can't be serious.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

88 wrote:There is no conservative candidate running.

There are no conservative candidates on the podium.
In my lifetime, I've not seen a more conservative candidate than Ron Paul.

I guess it depends on how you want to define the term, though.

What would Paul need to do for you to consider him conservative?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Maybe after this ass kicking, the right wing will go fuck themselves, and the Republican party can move more towards normal. Even Ronald Reagan isn't "conservative" enough for these douchebags.
Go fuck yourself, moron. You don't have a fucking clue about conservatism. You just soak yourself in the squeezings of jizz addled mop drivers in the media. You don't think because you can't think.

Just vote for the fucking niggger and shut the fuck up, you pathetic closet case.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It sorta makes me chuckle, the idea that someone like 88 would even open a thread with this one's title.

:) <----- not really a chuckle, but as close as we have here.

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Life under Newt might be weird, but it'll never get boring, so there's that.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hey, if the choice is Newt or Mitt Romney, I'm voting Newt every time. I would even vote for Santorum over Romney. Maybe. Since Ron Paul is unelectable, Newt is at least preferable to the alternative.

Doesn't matter. We're getting stuck with Obama again, regardless.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:BSmack, Sam, you two are in favor of the U.S. trying to establish a colony of 13,000 people on the moon and declaring it our 51st state? You see this as a compelling mission our government ought to undertake in the next few years?

You can't be serious.
It beats the fuck out of establishing a 90,000 person colony in Central Asia.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack, establishing a 90,000-person colony in Central Asia simply involves throwing up a ten-acre fence. Toss in a few chickens and Korans and you've got yourself a Club Med Bishkek for about the same cost as a couple of Western Bacon cheeseburgers.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:Since Ron Paul is unelectable
I like Paul and he's the only candidate I would consider voting for, but I admit he'd be more appealing if he didn't sound so much like Crispin Glover.

I could handle seeing David Letterman get booted in the head, however.

"i'm strong, I'm strong...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Gotta' love how you repeatedly invoke the name of Goldwater in a lame attempt to burnish your conservative cred. :meds:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam, the point isn't about space exploration. It's about his ridiculous idea to stick 13,000 people on the moon and declaring it the 51st U.S. state. It's about his obvious pandering to the people of Florida in advance of the primary election there.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Sam, the point isn't about space exploration. It's about his ridiculous idea to stick 13,000 people on the moon and declaring it the 51st U.S. state. It's about his obvious pandering to the people of Florida in advance of the primary election there.
Gingrich never said HE would put 13,000 people on the moon. Stop lying.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ummm, BSmack?

House Speaker Newt Gingrich announced that, if elected, he'd establish a colony on the moon by 2020.

Gingrich opened up the possibility of the moon becoming the 51st state, something he believes could happen once a permanent settlement reaches a population of 13,000 Americans.

Yeah, you can go right ahead and fuck off with your "lying" bullshit.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Newt's an idiot. the next thing he'll want is for NASA to handle Muslim relations.
Mrs. Vogel
Crack Whore

Post by Mrs. Vogel »

~sob
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Compare Mr. Goldwater with those who claim to be conservative today, and perhaps you will understand why I cite him.
Yes, we all understand why you continually cite him: He didn't care about homosexual issues which, naturally, is the only issue you care about.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van,

If we don't get there soon, we'll have to kick the Canadians off that rock. This Canadian astronaut is already gaining on us.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Scott wrote:Obama is an idiot. Blocking the Keystone pipline being the latest example.
Did everyone in the states about to ger emminent domained want the pipline in their backyard?

Solar power is a fucking joke
No

we have energy companies shutting down Nat gas drilling rigs beacuse of the glut.
what?
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Jsc810 wrote: As 88 pointed out, the Republican party has been taken over by douchebags who don't really know what being conservative is about. Barry Goldwater is rolling over in his grave.
Don't have to go that far back. Bob Dole is turning over in his grave. Modern conservatives think those in the republican revolution are sellout liberals.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote: Modernern conservatives think those in the republican revolution are sellout liberals.
:?

Modern conservatives ARE the republican revolutionaries. It's the Party that are sellout liberals. Why do you think the electorate is having such a difficult time coming to terms with the current field of candidates? Romney? Gingrich? Really?

All-of-a-sudden, Anybody But Obama doesn't look like such a sure thing....
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: Modernern conservatives think those in the republican revolution are sellout liberals.
:?

Modern conservatives ARE the republican revolutionaries.
republican revolution of 1994. those folks ain't the same as the people wearing tri-corner hats in 2009.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Taking the House after 40 years of Democrat rule WAS revolutionary. But that was 18 years ago.

Romney and Gingrich are not conservatives.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I'm about to the point I don't care WHAT their politics are.

I'm tired of disappointing leadership and feeling like shit about the future.

At least Newt has led a successful agenda before, The Contract With America.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Carson wrote:I'm about to the point I don't care WHAT their politics are.

And so you look to government? How ironic. How conservative. :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

The leaders have been amazingly disappointing for some time.

Is the problem the people or is it the systems?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bizzarofelice wrote:The leaders have been amazingly disappointing for some time.

It's the system. Beginning with the ability to buy one's candidate into office, then moving on to the inherently corrupt concept of lobbyists controlling our elected officials, the entire system is absolutely broken.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Scott wrote:It was going through NE farmland. They were being compensated. EOS
Not EOS. Nebraska governor didn't want it. Nebraska lawmakers didn't want it. Nebraska farmers and ranchers didn't want it. The pipeline will create some jobs and it'll mean more oil from here and less from places where we have to shoot people to secure it, but there isn't just one way to get it done. Pipeline will mean less money spent sending warships to the Strait of Hormuz. So find another way to keep it going.

I could give a fuck about the environmentalists worried about pristine tar sands and pollution from processing.

Solar power is a fucking joke
No
Sure it is. First hand experience here. I got an $65K quote for panels on my house that would have reduced my electric bill less than 10%. A 1,000 month payback is a fucking joke
So your one experience is the end-all? Not very smart.

we have energy companies shutting down Nat gas drilling rigs beacuse of the glut.
what?
What part of that don't you understand?
Glut of what? You didn't explain. Didn't understand all of it. Please explain yourself better next time. You take the time to post something, so please take the time to make it readable. Thankfully you added links to support yourself... which you hadn't done in the previous post.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:The leaders have been amazingly disappointing for some time.

It's the system. Beginning with the ability to buy one's candidate into office, then moving on to the inherently corrupt concept of lobbyists controlling our elected officials, the entire system is absolutely broken.
Bullshit. People have been able to buy office since the dawn of the Republic. And our government has always been bought and paid for since the days when "We hold these rights to be self evident" got bitchslapped by plantation owners at the Constitutional Convention. Tell me you knew?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, BSmack, the modern media age is exactly like the political era during which the Founding Fathers lived. TV ads, Super PACs, armies of D.C. lobbyists/'consulting firms'/bloodsucking lawyers controlling everything in the Beltway...no difference.

Oh, and "tell me you knew" was seriously gay way back when it was still being used. Rather like "____ up front should have told you."

But hey, it looks good on you.

By the way, whatever happened to my being a liar? See, after you received a swift kick to the head, I notice you conspicuously avoided returning to that subject.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote: Rather like "____ up front should have told you."
I miss Moorese.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

KC Scott wrote:

Sure it is. First hand experience here. I got an $65K quote for panels on my house that would have reduced my electric bill less than 10%. A 1,000 month payback is a fucking joke
I can support that. Our local school district is required by law to install solar arrays on the new bond buildings. The cost is about 350K. The net meter rate is less than $ 300 per month back to the school district. That makes the array pay for itself in about 100 years, with no maintenance costs included. That is if the array itself lasts that long, and it is well beyond the expected life of the building, LEED design or not.

So we are paying for something that will never return its installation cost, will never contribute to the bottom line in a positive way, and will likely become a liability down the road as soon as it falls apart. Hopefully when it does, they just fucking tear it off and call it good. Another example of the government fucking the taxpayer in the name of "solar green" energy.

Not an isolated experience but one that is playing out in damn near every building project that has any sniff of Federal dollars.
Derron
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

BSmack wrote:

That's the problem.

Looking to the US government is like looking at two dung beetles fighting over a turd.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Carson wrote:
BSmack wrote:

That's the problem.

Looking to the US government is like looking at two dung beetles fighting over a turd.
To you government was always the problem. So what's wrong? Look to your private enterprise to save you. Look to your free markets. Surely the free market will save you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

KC Scott wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: So your one experience is the end-all?
For me? Yea, other than some solar landscape lights which also don't work all that well either.

If you have something positive to share about solar - then start typing
Unlike government and green energy honks, an investment in a system for your home or business has to have a payback period that makes fiscal sense, otherwise you be throwing money away. Governments don't give a fuck, it is not their money and the greenies get all squishy about it so that makes it good, not sensible but good to them.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
To you government was always the problem. So what's wrong? Look to your private enterprise to save you. Look to your free markets. Surely the free market will save you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Comrade Smack once again raises the socialist flag high...if the government had and would stop fucking with private business so much, private enterprise might stand a chance and not have to do some of the things it did ..with government being over 35% of the economy..the ass fucking can only continue and get stronger.
Derron