JOE PA DEAD AT 85

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

JOE PA DEAD AT 85

Post by bradhusker »

May he rest in peace.

AND, I hope that if that lying piece of shit Mc Creary is found out to be indeed a liar, that Joe Pa can rest in total peace and have his good name returned to him.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: JOE PA DEAD AT 85

Post by PSUFAN »

R.I.P. Coach Paterno.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

it's too bad his legacy will be forever tarnished.
RIP JoPa
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cancer is a bastard but so is covering up a lie. He only has himself to blame for how he spent these final days. This would've been a big deal had it came out at the time but like cancer, it wasn't treated right away and caused irreversible damage.

To get me wrong, Sandusky is the villain when its all said and done but it's hard to think of Paterno the same way but I'll never look at Penn State the same either. Paterno did wrong but so did everyone in charge at the school. He had to die at a time when we still don't know the whole truth.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bradhusker wrote:May he rest in peace.

AND, I hope that if that lying piece of shit Mc Creary is found out to be indeed a liar, that Joe Pa can rest in total peace and have his good name returned to him.
Die of ass cancer, you liberal cunt.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Did JoPa die of terminal karma? The guy harbored a pedophile! He had to live in shame for what, a few months? The kids that were molested because he wouldn't speak up will carry the shame and pain for their entire lives. Sorry if I don't wax poetic about a guy who refused to treat his teams with the same discipline as other students on campus. I don't care how many games he won. I don't care how long he coached. His legacy, to me, will be a guy who knowingly allowed a pedophile to lurk around his program, and gave a predator access to the very tools that enabled him to carry out his disgusting perversions. I feel sorry for his family that lost a father, a grandpa, a husband. A legend died, but he died months ago, when these atrocities came to light.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

WolverineSteve wrote:A legend died, but he died months ago, when these atrocities came to light.

Bam...nailed it, Steve.

His legacy lived on while this went on and when it came to light, it's hard to ever look at him the same way.

It is very spooky at the timing of this. I will never say any deserves something like this because he wasn't the sexual predator but he could've had Sandusky thrown in the clink years ago because of the power he had over that campus. Him (and others) allowing Sandusky to keep any association with that program and the school tarnished everyone...not just Paterno.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

WolverineSteve wrote:Did JoPa die of terminal karma? The guy harbored a pedophile! He had to live in shame for what, a few months? The kids that were molested because he wouldn't speak up will carry the shame and pain for their entire lives. Sorry if I don't wax poetic about a guy who refused to treat his teams with the same discipline as other students on campus. I don't care how many games he won. I don't care how long he coached. His legacy, to me, will be a guy who knowingly allowed a pedophile to lurk around his program, and gave a predator access to the very tools that enabled him to carry out his disgusting perversions. I feel sorry for his family that lost a father, a grandpa, a husband. A legend died, but he died months ago, when these atrocities came to light.
+1

Paterno's reputation is forever soiled. That's just all there is to it. It will be unsoiled the day those kids get their childhoods back.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Nice post, Steve.

I think I am banned from several sites because I did not say RIP.

I am sorry, raping kids is worse than murder in my eyes and that is something you can't forgive, ever.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
bradhusker wrote:May he rest in peace.

Die of ass cancer, you liberal cunt.
If im a liberal, then you are a filthy dick sucking tranny, with HIV.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

what a crazy world.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

88 wrote:The vultures Press was setting up to get some spontaneous shots of people reacting to JoePa's death.
Were you in town this evening?

http://live.psu.edu/flickrset/72157628991274929
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

PSUFAN wrote:
Were you in town this evening?

http://live.psu.edu/flickrset/72157628991274929

Ding dong the...

Paterno ... built a legacy and a great program but, his ego and desire to be the king allowed him to overlook, cover up, and support a predator of young and innocent boys.

The university, police, and local media were scared of him... what he wanted he got.

Penn State was nothing without the billions he brought to the university.

It took the collective outcry of an entire nation for them to finally act on their cult leader.

The douche-bag Penn State fans can blame the national mass media all they want ... but, it was the same media that did what their IDOL did not.

PROTECT CHILDREN from Paterno's protegee, a child predator.

I have ZERO respect for the guy.

A book I read and discussed with PSUFAN back in 2002 on the board ... as I'm sure he remembers

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

So far, does anyone know exactly what McCreary told Joe Pa? Since then, McCreary has changed his story several times, meaning that this guy has serious problems with the truth.
That being said, Who in this forum can say with certainty what Joe Pa was told?

If I am told of innappropriate behavior going on a week ago, in generalities with no specifics, I report it to my AD and campus police so they can investigate. HOWEVER, if I am told specifically of child rape? I immediately pick up the phone and dial 911.

SO, who here in this fuckin forum knows exactly what McCreary told Joe Pa?

Im getting pissed off at people assuming things. Its extremely important what Joe Pa was told, and since McCreary has been lying and changing his story, who in here can be certain?

Until we uncover the truth of what exactly Joe Pa was told, then I would appreciate it if you would shut the fuck up.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

bradhusker... is PSUFAN.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Fuck JoePa. If he can't figure out that the most fundamental responsibility of a 'man' is to protect the defenseless, than that in itself is his 'legacy.'

There are so many layers to this weird shit, who knows if they'll ever be unpeeled. Tragically, sick fucks like Sandusky have existed throughout time-the only solution is to rid ourselves of them. The culture of the cover up is the thing that baffles me although the die hard "We Are Penn State," response may well explain it. I don't know if it's sicker than Sandusky himself, the culture of the cover up may be as sick.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I'll remember Paterno as a great college football coach and I'm not going to rush to judgment regarding his part in the Sandusky case until all of the facts come out as to who knew what, and when they knew it. All that's been reported to date are some allegations and a lot of speculation. I have a very difficult time believing that Paterno knowingly harbored a pedophile who was using the facilities to molest young boys and there will have to be a lot more evidence presented to convince me that happened.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

M2 wrote:

A book I read and discussed with PSUFAN back in 2002 on the board ... as I'm sure he remembers

Every time you've brought up that book or claimed we discussed it, my answer has been the same - I haven't read that book, and I probably won't anytime soon. If you have something to say about it, you'll have to speak for yourself.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mace wrote:I have a very difficult time believing that Paterno knowingly harbored a pedophile who was using the facilities to molest young boys and there will have to be a lot more evidence presented to convince me that happened.
Seriously, what "evidence" can come to light that would justify allowing a known pedophile to freely roam PSU's campus for 10+ years? Any further evidence at this point is trivial to the bottom line. Unless you are one of those sad individuals, like tardhusker, who believes JoePa did everything he could do by leaving this in the hands of bureaucracy then wiping his conscience clean and taking it to his grave.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I stated before that I would reserve judgement until Joe came out and spoke in defense of himself. Well, he did do that and that defense was lame. He'll not get a RIP from me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:All that's been reported to date are some allegations and a lot of speculation. I have a very difficult time believing that Paterno knowingly harbored a pedophile who was using the facilities to molest young boys and there will have to be a lot more evidence presented to convince me that happened.
These are the only two FACTS you need to know. Paterno was told about Sandusky in 2002 and continued to allow Sandusky access to the team facilities for nine years after. He not only aided and abetted a pedophile but enabled one as well. When you are number one, you are responsible for EVERYTHING and Paterno is no exception. His excuses of "I'm just an old man, don't mind me" and "I don't know what man on boy rape is" are just pathetic, cowardly and embarrassing. His entire career is beyond tarnished. It was all a facade. It was all lies. It was all bullshit. All because when some poor child really needed him he passed the fucking buck instead of doing the right thing and maybe saving a life.

It also amazes me the cult of personality Paterno developed, almost on the lines of Stalin.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Screwie gets it.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:You know - as quick as I am to judge people, I'm gonna take a seat and just see how this unfolds. If Joe did what he could, but was told his family would get killed by god knows who, then I see his side of it. For that, I've got to say RIP and all of that. As weird as this is to say, you still have to give him a RACK for the percentage of his players that have graduated over the years.

If it comes out that he kept his mouth shut just to get the record, then I hope he goes to hell. Seeing how Joe pretty much seems to have done things the right way over the years, I've got to try to believe that he did what he could do. Problem is - we may never know now.
JFC, you rudderless, apologist fuck. guess that means someone said to you: "eat this bucket of fried chicken or we'll kill your family." all the sacrifices you made and they still left you.

not a very complicated legacy he left behind: he's celebrated for nothing more than winning games while making his players actually go to class. well, that and donating money to the university. how extraordinarily noble of a guy who could lose that money under the couch instead and wouldn't know the difference. on the flip, he's derided for learning of kiddy diddling going on under his watch and mustering nothing more than "omg i has a sad" in response. quite telling you and all the other vanguards of moral purity conjuring as many bullshit, make believe excuses as possible to explain away the easily explainable: that he was a myopic tyrant fuck who happened to tell his players to go to class like they were supposed to.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

bueno take

The Most Important Thing Was Sandusky

You can't throw a rock today without hitting a piece on Joe Paterno, and I'll add my bit. I've read a half-dozen of them and feel myself drawn to the portions that focus on his ignoble demise at the hands of a long-overdue grand jury investigation into Jerry Sandusky. The ones that skip it entirely, as many PSU-based POVs do, or attempt to put it "in perspective" seem to be succumbing to the same disease that felled everyone when Nixon died and people scrambled for good things to say about him other than "he's dead."

Paterno is not Nixon, obviously. Nixon is the most obvious public funeral held in which ill things were not spoken of the dead due to social taboo, rather than reason. I dislike that natural impulse to whitewash. When Christopher Hitchens died I spent a lot of time reading his withering obituaries just to watch him stick the knife in and twist. If that makes me ruthless, okay.

I just can't get over how it all came crashing down. Not only did Paterno and the culture he created shelter Sandusky, Paterno did not seem to feel remorse for half a second. Maybe this is just an addled old man speaking but it is appalling that this came out of his mouth at the impromptu pep rally at his home in the immediate aftermath of the grand jury's testimony:
The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you’ve been great. Everything’s great, all right.
Virtually the entire media edited Paterno's statement into a less awful version because their sense of propriety could not grasp the words that had actually come out of his mouth. This was Joe Paterno. He couldn't have said that. He shouldn't have said anything. He should have been in his house crying to his wife, finally realizing the monstrous consequences of his inaction.

Instead he seemed to think of himself as a victim. A lot of people find ways to blame themselves for massive tragedies they are not responsible for. Paterno was oblivious to his role to the end. Maybe that's forgivable to some people who look at the donations and the football coaching and the Great Experiment. Not me. I have great respect for Chris Grovich of Black Shoe Diaries but I can't read this…
Behind Joe Paterno's Beaver Stadium statue are the words, "Educator, Coach, Humanitarian." They really could have been arranged in any order.
…without inserting "child rape enabler" in any order. That phrase overwhelms the rest. If he did lead a program that strove to prove it was capable of operating at a higher plane that just makes it worse. He was held up—he held himself up—as a man who could achieve success on and off the field in a way that others could not.

Maybe any one of us would have done the same thing if confronted by the terrible truth about a long-time friend. Maybe 90% of people would not have had the courage to blow up a reputation so carefully crafted over such a long period. Maybe Joe Paterno was just being human.

That's not enough when you have a statue. Paterno wasn't supposed to be human, he was supposed to be Joe Paterno. He wasn't and now he never was. He had over a decade to do something about Sandusky and did not. That is no mistake, or misjudgment, or error. It is immensely sad, but in the end Paterno failed his charge more spectacularly than a man who dared less would have. You can call him Icarus if you want; I'm not inclined to give him that benefit of the doubt. The costs were not worth the attempt.

The statue is Joe Paterno now. The man is dead. Hopefully the idea behind the statue can help people be better than the man turned out to be.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moral of the story...

Stop erecting statues of the living. Wait until they've passed, and their entire story has been told.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Van wrote:Moral of the story...

Stop erecting statues of the living. Wait until they've passed, and their entire story has been told.
Funny thing is the "BULLSHIT" in all of this. For example, Its beyond dispicable if Joe Pa was told exactly about a child being raped, if thats a fact, then he is truly a piece of human garbage.

WHY IS IT, that with other "GREAT MEN", we are forced to be politically correct?? for example.

The reverend Dr Martin Luther King, His accomplishments are legendary, he is responsible for great change in bringing about civil rights. HOWEVER, in private, a man who cheated on his wife with prostitutes, a reverend no less. Not only breaks the law with prostitution, but illegal drugs as well.
A common criminal, Just by bringing up the facts like I just did, I am branded a "racist".

Jack Kennedy, a man who also was a great president, a leader of men, had a private life of depravity and shame.
Both these men have statues in their honor, Richard Nixon? You talk of him? what? the man covered up a thrid rate burglary? Thats nothing compared with the guns being put into the hands of drug Lords in Mexico by the current administration. Eric Holder knowingly approved of the program.
He answers to the president. If you ask me, the third rate burglary by Nixon?? Small potatoes next to this "fast and furious program"
Not even close.

END OF THE DAY? Its what people want to believe. Until I know for a fact what McCreary told Joe Pa, its all speculation. Like I said, if he spoke in generalities to Joe Pa, with no specifics, then Joe Pa going to the AD and campus police? No Problem. BUT, if he actually told Joe Pa of child rape?
Then Joe Pa is indeed a piece of human shit.

As far as I know, Not one scumbag on this board knows for certain what McCreary told Joe Pa. Anyone says different? You are a lying piece of shit.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Did you hear or read his last interview?
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

WolverineSteve wrote:Did you hear or read his last interview?
no, I did not, BUT, does he say that he wishes he had done more?
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

bradhusker wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Did you hear or read his last interview?
no, I did not, BUT, does he say that he wishes he had done more?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/1 ... 06720.html

You tell me.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Well, no shit he wishes he had done more, ten years later, his 'legacy' in shambles. No shit.

I've been the guy that had to come forward, and deal with an institutional cover-up, and be the guy that was reviled by the institution and the community. It was not a particularly good time in my life, but I could live with it then and still live with now-that I knew instantly what the right thing to do was and did the right thing. I'm no saint, but I knew then and I know now that the right thing to do in every instance is protect the defenseless, to protect children. There's no gray, fuzzy area about that.

Joe did a lot of good things I guess, but in the end, who did he do them for. My guess is Joe Paterno. When it came up to stand up and really be a man, when it wasn't about being the winningest coach in CFB, or having his name on a building, or the stadium, he turned out to be a little shriveled up sack of shit. In the end, he fucked those kids over, he fucked over PSU, and himself, to protect what? His good name? Don't get me wrong, they're all pukes from McQuery,to the administrators, to every who participated in the coverup, I have 0 regard for any for any of them, and about the same for the WE ARE PENN STATE crowd.

And could have anything been more ludicrous than the Sandusky 'testimonial' a/o the fact the it crawled across ESPN all day Sunday?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Paterno's legacy will be debated for quite some time. In that process, there is much to measure, many different perspectives to consider. To be honest, I am still weighing these things...because I want to do so honestly, educated by as many facts as possible. Unfortunately, at this point there is very little that has been factually established.

One theme for me is that it seems there were a few places that Joe could have done more and followed up more. I will fault him for those things. Will they outweigh the other considerations from a 61 year legacy? Very probably. The jury of my personal interpretation is still out - it has to be, because there are some things that have yet to take place - notably, the Sandusky trial. Joe's perspective has yet to be reconciled with that of McQueary, Spanier, Curley and Schultz, as well. I feel it's too early to capably evaluate all of the important considerations because of this.

I will say that Joe's final interview didn't really bring anything new to the equation. It brought forth further questions for me...but there didn't appear to be anything he had that would explain his actions post-2002. The explanation that we were led to believe was coming by his sons ("Joe wants a chance to tell HIS SIDE OF THE STORY!!!") was not delivered.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Joe's final interview ended the debate. Whether he meant it to be or not, it was an admission of culpability. He only compounded it by trying to hide behind his age.

When he talked about "man rape," that was it. He had enough info and a decent enough understanding of what he'd been told to know that he needed to go further, yet all he did was bury his head in the sand.

This isn't hearsay or speculation. This was Joe's own admission, captured on film. Regarding his place in this matter, nothing more need come to light. It's a done deal.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:Joe's final interview ended the debate (about his legacy).
...for you. Heard and understood.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:
...for you.
For anyone with the least bit of objectivity.

I can understand why you would have very little of that commodity in this case.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSU, I'm not saying his final interview ended the debate about his legacy. I'm saying it ended the debate as to his culpability in the Sandusky affair. How one wishes to weigh that culpability against the rest of his deeds is up to the individual, but there can no longer be any hemming and hawing about "needing to see all the facts before I decide."

He admitted he was told by McCreary about "man rape" (his words) of a young boy in the shower by Jerry Sandusky, and he admitted he did nothing more than pass the buck upon receiving this news. His excuses for why he passed the buck only paint him in an even worse light. When put to the test, his actions belied a career-long message of integrity, making him a hypocrite of the first order.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

War Wagon wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:
...for you.
For anyone with the least bit of objectivity.

I can understand why you would have very little of that commodity in this case.
My rationale was enumerated above. You can take it or leave it...and if our definition of "objective" differs slightly, I'm cool with that.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:PSU, I'm not saying his final interview ended the debate about his legacy. I'm saying it ended the debate as to his culpability in the Sandusky affair. How one wishes to weigh that culpability against the rest of his deeds is up to the individual.
If it wasn't clear above, I'm talking about his overall legacy, of which the Sandusky affair is a HUGE endpoint, no doubt. If I wasn't clear above, I mean to essentially agree with you about his role in the Sandusky affair.

At best, he didn't understand what he was told by McQueary, and whether he did or didn't, he didn't know how to handle it.

At worst, he turned a blind eye to the situation and proved unwilling to face up to a situation that should have eclipsed his protective instincts toward the program and his soldiers.

Beyond a doubt - he had stayed far too long and was not in possession of what it took to lead the program honorably, even as early as 2002.

This week, for me at least, I think it's wrong not to be cognizant of the larger picture, including his positive accomplishments. What is depicted in that larger picture hasn't come into focus fully quite yet.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

THIS JUST IN.............tickets to the Memorial service for Joe Pa are complete SOLD OUT. Even the free ones are gone. Ive already seen tickets on the internet going for as high as ten grand.

Of course ten grand is a little steep for me, Only one person, scratch that, ONLY two persons in the history of mankind could garner ten grand tickets to their memorials, Jesus Christ, and Elvis Presley.

That being said, im going, If you show up there the day of, you should have no problem getting tickets. Scalpers will bargain, and, if you are willing to miss the opening benediction, they'll be giving them away for 50 bucks.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSU wrote:This week, for me at least, I think it's wrong not to be cognizant of the larger picture, including his positive accomplishments. What is depicted in that larger picture hasn't come into focus fully quite yet.
It really won't matter. Nothing he did as a football coach—much of which wasn't so much altruistic as it was a means of making sure his players remained eligible to compete for him—or as a benefactor to the university could ever compensate for the cowardice he displayed in doing fuckall to stop a pederast from running amok in his supposedly beloved commmunity.

His callous throw-away comment about the child victims having "tough lives" was a vivid reflection of his true priorities.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

bradhusker wrote:Even the free ones are gone.
You are truly one paralyzingly moronic ham hock of an individual.