Eternal Scobode

Re: A Very Early College Football Top 25 for 2012

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

16. Notre Dame :lol:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The guy is obviously a SECBSH or just simply clueless.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

You have Arkansas ranked way too low. They'll be preseason top five with everyone coming back.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

No way the Big East lets WVU go to the Big XII next season. 2013 could be a different story.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

1. LSU
2. Alabama

3. Georgia
4. Arkansas
5. South Carolina
6. Auburn
7. Florida
8. Vanderbilt
9. Kentucky
10. Mississippi State
11. Tennessee
12. Mississippi

after that who gives a fuck

/s/

SECBSH
get out, get out while there's still time
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:16. Notre Dame :lol:
I read a bowl season wrap-up yesterday that included this gem: "The winner of the FSU-ND game will carry that momentum into the beginning of next season as a Top Three team."

I'm pretty sure he wasn't being tongue-in-cheek, either. I was fucking stunned.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

If Matt Barkley enters this next draft he will be an idiot for doing so. He will most likely get the Heisman next year and be a top draft pick. They should be a top 5 team.

If Alabama loses their OC then they will lose a few games.

There should be no preseason polls period. These asshat poll writers are all homers anyway.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

The Sooners should be strong on defense
So, over the Winter,Spring, and Summer, they are going to learn how to cover people? Get the fuck out of here, OU was horrible defensively, and it won't be that much better. So next year, they drop from 500yards per game to 450????

And FLorida St, ranked???? Double, get the fuck out of here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Stanford drops from #4 to nowhere in the top 25 because Andrew Luck is gone?

I guess he really does deserve the Heisman.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey wrote:Stanford drops from #4 to nowhere in the top 25 because Andrew Luck is gone?
I guess he really does deserve the Heisman.
My point, exactly. As much as RGIII means to 9-3 Baylor, Luck means even more to 11-1 Stanford.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Meh, it's certainly debatable. I seem to remember people speaking pretty highly of Stanford's defense throughout the season, and their team as a whole...so it's not like there's no talent there outside of Luck. Baylor's defense is atrocious, and without RGIII, Baylor would be, well, Baylor. Stanford, as futile as they've been, has at least been to a couple BCS bowls in the modern era.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Meh, it's certainly debatable. I seem to remember people speaking pretty highly of Stanford's defense throughout the season, and their team as a whole...so it's not like there's no talent there outside of Luck. Baylor's defense is atrocious, and without RGIII, Baylor would be, well, Baylor. Stanford, as futile as they've been, has at least been to a couple BCS bowls in the modern era.
That was actually part of what I was getting at, though last year's Orange Bowl was Stanford's first BCS bowl. Their last Rose Bowl (2000) was pre-BCS.

Not going to list them all here, but they have a lot of outstanding players returning, especially at RB and TE. Plus a freshman WR who has been coming on very well the past few games. Shane Skov, their defensive leader who missed most of this season is returning, and they have a couple of young QBs who they consider outstanding prospects.

Edit: My bad the 2000 Rose Bowl was a BCS game. So last year was their second.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

anyone who has seen Texas' offense this year would rank them #50.

which is about where they should be currently, as well.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Just check Stanford immediately pre-Luck, current-Luck, and post-Luck. Take special note of pre-Luck vs current-Luck Stanford.

:waz:

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

SC should definitely be the conference favorite, if Barkley comes back. Oregon second. But Harbaugh recruited a lot more than just Luck. Taylor has two 1000 yard seasons and is returning as far as I know. The receiving corps should be better next year than it was this year. We're losing two All America picks on the OL. I think that Shaw is an excellent coach, though maybe not as much of a motivator as Harbaugh. We'll see, I guess.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Just check Stanford immediately pre-Luck, current-Luck, and post-Luck. Take special note of pre-Luck vs current-Luck Stanford.

:waz:
Then do the same with Baylor/RGIII. Stanford posted a better record, probably because they were the better all-around team. Some people here (including you and I) said earlier in the year that Stanford was likely the only team that could give LSU or Bama a game in the MNC. I don't know about you, but my claim was qualified by the fact I thought Stanford had talent beyond Luck. They were considered to be a well rounded team. Talented, smart, efficient in all phases. Still are, really.

Another facet of "most valuable" is how well you perform in big games. RGIII put up big stats in big games, while Luck was a bit of a disappointment in his.

Obviously Luck was a big part of his team's success, no dispute there. I'm just saying, if you take off the Pac-colored glasses you'd see an equally strong argument could be made for RGIII. And in fact I'd guess most impartial folks would favor RGIII in this debate, which is a big reason why he is the front runner for the Heisman.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's the crazy load Luck shoulders that makes everyone else's job so much easier. That's the difference you'll see once he's gone. Those TEs won't look so dominant, nor will they seem so constantly wide-open. Those RBs won't have nearly the same spaces in which to run. The defense will have to be on the field a whole lot more.

Luck's managing of all the reads at the LOS is unheard of in college football, never mind his execution of those reads. All he lacked these past two years were USC/Oregon-level skill position people. Give him Barkley's or Thomas's weapons and those 50-30 Oregon-Stanford scores are reversed.

Take a look at the Indy Colts, with and without Manning. Only to a somewhat lesser degree, that's Luck and Stanford. He is the MVP of college football by such a wide margin, it's not even funny.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

But I'd have no problem with RGIII winning it. I just don't feel he's as important to Baylor's success as Luck is to Stanford's.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: [Another facet of "most valuable" is how well you perform in big games. RGIII put up big stats in big games, while Luck was a bit of a disappointment in his.
Bullshit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: [Another facet of "most valuable" is how well you perform in big games. RGIII put up big stats in big games, while Luck was a bit of a disappointment in his.
Bullshit.

I dunno -- looked like a second-stringer against Oregon, so-so against USC, and none too impressive against Kal.

Sure was a stud against the cupcakes though.

That said, I have no problem with Luck winning the statue. Or RGIII. Or Ball. Some worthy candidates this year, for sure.

Heck, I'd have mentioned Trent too, except after his invite when they stuck a microphone in his face, he seized the opportunity to tell the world how great he was, and that he was easily the best player... douchebag.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Listening to Trent ghetto mumble speak, it seems his entire contention is, predictably...SEC! SEC! SEC!

That's his only argument. "My team is the best, I'm a team player, and we play in the best conference. We're doing it in the SEC, so my team earned it."

Two seconds of listening to his and Honey Badger's mushmouthed slurring makes me reach for the remote. Then I listen to the much more articulate, much less lazily spoken Ball, RGIII and Luck, and the choice is clear: anyone but Trent or Honey Bludgeoner.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:Then I listen to the much more articulate, much less lazily spoken Ball, RGIII and Luck, and the choice is clear: anyone but Trent or Honey Bludgeoner.
Kind of where I am.

The non-SECers all seem like very nice, well spoken young men.

The SECSECSEC crowd... not so much.

Then again, if we're awarding it based on being nice and well spoken, RGIII and Luck can have a donnybrook out in the parking lot to settle it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote: , so-so against USC,
Against SC he completed almost 75% of his passes (29-40) for 330 yards and 3 touchdowns. He did throw a dumb interception in the fourth quarter but came back to lead a 2 1/2 minute, 10 play drive, completeing four passes and rusning for 15 yards, to tie the game with about half a minute to go. First time he'd been put in that kind of situation all season and he nailed it.

In OT he was three for three and ran twice for 13 yards.

So-so? I guess that's a matter of opinion.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, I thought he acquitted himself quite well against USC, in particular showcasing his ability to read the pocket pressure and make the right decisions. Either he'd sidestep, step up or roll out—subtle, timely adjustments—and it was as if he had eyes in the back of his head.

Simply maddening. His numbers were also all there, as was his leadership on the final drive in regulation.

Barkley may have slightly outplayed him that night, but again, compare their other weapons, and still I'll always come back to the basic fact that no one else in college is charged with handling the entire menu of playcalling at the LOS the way Luck handles it on every down. In terms of managing and executing the entire offense on-the-fly, he is easily the closest thing the college game has to a Peyton Manning.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

RG3, as most expected down the stretch. Not bad. Cool speech, too. He represented himself well at the podium, and there were no idiot "Boomer!" chants or anything of that ilk to embarrass everyone.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Odd note: third straight year a Stanford Cardinal finished runner-up. (Toby Gerhardt in '09 behind Mark Ingram.)

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Why all the fuss about the rankings next year. We all know Cal will be the pre season #1 and after finishing.500 they'll play in the BCS championship game, out gain their opponent while getting rolled by 35 points but will still win the national championship.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Kal already won this year's -- a guy who played for Presbyterian played Pop Warner and won against a guy who played Pop Warner against a guy whose team beat a guy who went to LSU (equipment manager) in Jr. High.

Ergo... Kal = #1. It's all about the defense, baby.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

What an idiot... Re: Jordan Payton

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=8408969&p=4
Laxplayer wrote: I broadcasted the Oaks-Westlake game for Fox and before the game I walked over to Payton and calmly said...."Hey Jordan, I'm a huge Nd fan it would be nice for you to go there....." he laughed....he's a great talent that a lot of people think will play DB in college.

He laughed at you because you're an idiot.

After the game he was on his way up to Cal along with his teammate (Ishmael Adams) to give their silent commitments... and he'll be playing WR at Cal and not a DB you ill informed twit.

Here's a pic the next day after the game...

... you do know who the guy on the left is... right ?

You fake domers do more harm then good.

Learn to keep your mouth shut... and people may stop laughing at you.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Is that guy on the right Barack Obama?
How fucking stupid are you really? I'm sure when kids go on official visits they never take pictures in front of things. Maybe he does end up at Cal and I wish him the best but the difference between me and you is that I actually spoke with one of his coaches. You know the guys who work with the kids....???? I asked him about his recruitment and he told me that some schools want him to play DB. So I actually get my info from people who are in the know. You on the other hand do nothing but rip other people and think that Cal is good enough to win the national championship every year when they can't even win their conference. Oh wait....they out gained all the teams they played this year so they should win the national championship. Fuck you you piece of shit know it all.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Laxplayer wrote:Is that guy on the right Barack Obama?
How fucking stupid are you really? I'm sure when kids go on official visits they never take pictures in front of things. Maybe he does end up at Cal and I wish him the best but the difference between me and you is that I actually spoke with one of his coaches. You know the guys who work with the kids....???? I asked him about his recruitment and he told me that some schools want him to play DB. So I actually get my info from people who are in the know. You on the other hand do nothing but rip other people and think that Cal is good enough to win the national championship every year when they can't even win their conference. Oh wait....they out gained all the teams they played this year so they should win the national championship. Fuck you you piece of shit know it all.

Lets address a few of your failures... shall we ?

(1.) You walk up to a teenager and try to sell the "fighting ethnic group" to one of the best high school WR's in the country.

a. The teenager looks at you and "laughs" in your face and walks away as if you were Sandusky.

(2.) You allegedly talk to OC's coach about "recruiting" and he tells you that Payton is being looked at by some schools as a DB.

a. If you talked about recruiting with OC's coach... I'm sure he would have mentioned that Payton and Adams were leaving immediately "after the game" and were getting on a plane from Mexico and were headed to California that night for officials over the weekend.

b. You say that the coach said... "Payton was being looked at by some schools as a DB".

a. There isn't a single college in the country that wants him as a DB... if so, I'm sure you can come up with one for me.

(3.) You say that Cal can't even win their conference.

a. Cal won a PAC 10 Football Championship in 2006.

(4.) You seem obsessed with how Cal can win a MNC every single season.

a. "The Bear will not quit... the Bear will not die"!!!

b. Who am I ???

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2 wrote:(3.) You say that Cal can't even win their conference.

a. Cal won a PAC 10 Football Championship in 2006.
No, they didn't. You know how I know this?

Those aren't Bear bitches celebrating another Rose Bowl victory.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California ... s_football

In 2006, In the final game of the regular season on December 2, Cal defeated Stanford 26-17 in the 109th Big Game for the fifth straight time. Coupled with UCLA's upset of reigning conference champion USC on the same day, the victory earned Cal its first share of the Pac-10 championship since 1975.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That and a ticket to the game enabled Cal to go to the Rose Bowl following the 2006 season.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And guess why Cal didn't go to the Rose Bowl that year?

Because they lost head-to-head to USC. Again. Ergo...second place in the conference...a truly stellar showing for those California Golden Bears.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Cal should have gone in 2004 ... if it weren't for "Kneepads" !

They even had to change the rules because of that sniveling fucking bastard !!!

The BCS formula still involves three equal components: Two polls along with a compilation of six computer rankings.

But two pieces of the equation were tweaked after the 2004 controversy:

How each coach voted in the final coaches poll was made public starting in 2005. Until then it had been secret.
No one voting in the final AP poll ranked Cal lower than sixth.

The shift in the coaches poll came after Texas coach Mack Brown openly campaigned for his team to earn a bid to one of the elite BCS games.

"If you've got a vote, vote for us," Brown said after his team finished that regular season 10-1. "This team deserves to go to the BCS. They deserve to go more than some teams that are being talked about."
http://www.contracostatimes.com/cal-bears/ci_19547959

Dec. 28th can't come soon enough !!!

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:And guess why Cal didn't go to the Rose Bowl that year?

Because they lost head-to-head to USC. Again. Ergo...second place in the conference...a truly stellar showing for those California Golden Bears.

You lost to fucla... which is far more embarrassing.

Cal should have been in the Rose Bowl that year just on that fact alone.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The only reason Cal should've gone in '04 is because the Rose Bowl wasn't the reward for the Pac 10 champion that year. It was a consolation prize, as the winner of the conference was jetting off to Miami on the heels of another Pac 10 championship...which Cal again didn't win.

The last time Cal won the conference title, color TV hadn't even been invented. Fuck, I think slavery was still in vogue.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Proof that Cal has no team speed...

Can't even catch up to a white QB.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:
The last time Cal won the conference title, color TV hadn't even been invented. Fuck, I think slavery was still in vogue.

You're not very smart when it comes to the rules in the PAC... are you ?

http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/football/ ... champs.htm