3 losses in a row...blah blah blah

Little Brother photo

Past glory photos

Token hot cheerleader photo

Token cleavage photo

Epic Sparty draft bust photo

Token photoshop taunt

Fugly Sparty unis photo

Whatcha gonna do Little Brother, when Hokeamania runs wild on you!

Michigan 21
Michigan State 17
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Little Brother vs. Hokeamania I

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

2008:

2009:

2010:

Today will be 4 in a row. Rock & Roll!

MSU 23
UM 17
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They aren't really going to wear black pants today, are they? Jesus Christ in Eaton Rapids, that's awful.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, not a fan. Looks like a combo of South Florida and Oregon. Whatever, just win.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wind advisory until 6 PM? 50 mph winds. Coogs, if you're reading this, take the under. Didn't think either offense would score a ton anyway, and now there's this.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Rack Wojo's annual MSU-UM article:
Here it comes, the day Michigan people have dreaded, but never believed would arrive.

Here it comes, the day Michigan State people have dreamed of, but never believed would arrive.

After years of squawking, the Spartans no longer can be snootily dismissed like the noisy neighbor with the frayed clothesline and broken bottles in the yard. Yes, I'm here to announce a momentous shift in one of the great rivalries in the state of Michigan, something the Wolverines can't ignore, and probably can't admit:

This Michigan State-Michigan game Saturday matters to Michigan more than it ever has — even more than Ohio State.

(Somewhere in East Lansing, someone just blurted, "You're *&%$#* right! Woooooooo!")

(Somewhere in Ann Arbor, someone just gasped, spilled a triple mocha latte on a cranberry-walnut scone and mumbled a prayer for Bo.)

Hey, this is what happens when the kid (code for "little brother") grows up and embarrasses you three years in a row. I know, I know. The last three years don't count because some guy from West Virginia came in and replaced all Michigan's burly players with itsy-bitsy ones. With so many games getting vacated around college football these days, Michigan is the only school to voluntarily vacate the past three seasons.

This ticks off the Spartans, rightly so, because they're determined to prove things are different. For instance, they hammered the Wolverines, 34-17, last season and won a share of the Big Ten title. They're trying to supplant the Buckeyes in many ways, although spelling out script M-i-c-h-i-g-a-n-S-t-a-t-e might be cumbersome. Michigan State is 4-1 under Mark "Just Mark" Dantonio and favored over a 6-0 Michigan team that for some reason is squatting in the nation's top 10.

Brady "Bo" Hoke has rejuvenated the Wolverines, and by "rejuvenated," I mean "fielded a defense." Oh, Michigan isn't as great as its record, but in this rivalry, that hardly matters. Hoke is taking it very, very seriously, about as seriously as he takes fabled Ohio State.

He has no choice. The Wolverines and Spartans were tossed into the same Big Ten division, like two cats in a burlap sack. The winner will lead the Legends — or be a legend in the Leaders division, I forget — and have the inside edge for the inaugural Big Ten championship game.

Meanwhile, the Buckeyes are staggering along at 3-3, spending their time furiously laser-removing tattoos. They're so desperate in Columbus, they're using the old rivalry trick and turning off the hot water at the NCAA investigators' team hotel.

So, while Michigan has lost seven straight to Ohio State, that's not as relevant right now as three consecutive losses to Michigan State. As I've noted way too many times, Hoke refers to Ohio State as "Ohio." It's confusing to do that with Michigan State, but he has done the next best thing.

This is how you know the Spartans have arrived: The Wolverines actually, honestly, are sort of obsessed about winning this game. They have a countdown clock in the football building, similar to their Ohio countdown clock. I heard Hoke even stopped eating anything green, not that he's a leafy vegetable kind of guy.

At least the two rivals understand each other now. Michigan State's own countdown clock will stop at .0001 this week to mark the 10th anniversary of the famous Spartan Bob game. That was the classic won by the Spartans, 26-24, when they managed to squeeze in seven plays during the final eight seconds. It's now commemorated by a bronze statue outside the stadium depicting a clock operator with a finger on the button.

It doesn't matter whether the Spartans got an extra second or not. It only matters that, to this day, it still violently angers both sides.

It's silly to keep revisiting controversy and regurgitating tired stereotypes, so it's a good thing I don't do that! I mean, this is such a big game, Michigan State students rested up by cutting down on all beer-pong-related activities. Michigan students responded by pledging to avoid strenuous Quidditch competition. (See what I did there? Spartans are happy, drunken partiers and Wolverines are annoying little nerds. The rivalry lives!)

The Spartans have been in proud possession of the Paul Bunyan Trophy for three years, which means there's a decent chance it's sitting on a frat-house mantel with a pair of underpants around its neck. It's up to the Wolverines to keep up with their siblings now, and they're trying.

Denard "Shoelace" Robinson is still running all over the place, and he'll be chased by Michigan State's top-ranked defense. Kirk "Straightlace" Cousins is in his 11th year as the Spartans quarterback, and actually might be touched by a defender this time.

The Spartans are so eager to beat the Wolverines four straight for the first time since '62 — not 1862 — they'll wear special Nike Combat uniforms (Go Green! Go Bronze!). They also just had two straight byes, although one, technically, was against the Buckeyes.

I've watched many of these clashes over the years. Heck, I've been around long enough to remember when the Spartans had the better basketball team. Things don't change quickly in this rivalry, but believe it or not, they do change.

Pick: Michigan State 27-20
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wind advisory until 6 PM? 50 mph winds. Coogs, if you're reading this, take the under. Didn't think either offense would score a ton anyway, and now there's this.

From noon to 4 sustained winds around 25-30 MPH out of the WNW and low to mid-50s...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Michigan might be slightly improved on defense but it won't be enough to stop Sparty. Michigan will begin another of its mid-season swoons that have become so familiar to Big 10 fans and start their free fall out of the top 25. Shoelace for the Heisman?? :lol: I don't think so.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Too late, Mace. Shoelace already won the September Heisman.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

nice ESPN graphic how UM is 4-17 after playing MSU the last 3 years. ouch.

anybody got the overall series W-l for me in this one? too lazy to look it up this AM.

edit: OK, i just went blind at Sparty's unis. [vomit]. no one TRIES to look like Baylor, OK?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Michigan is up 67-31-5.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/rec ... igan+State

And yes, this whole concept of Nike Combat unis needs to die in the proverbial fire of AIDS. These Sparty unis are nearly a new low.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Too late, Mace. Shoelace already won the September Heisman.
Wow! Isn't that three consecutive years for him doing that?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Those Michigan throwback "court jester" unis are no prize either. Wow. This is like the Glaucoma Bowl.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:Those Michigan throwback "court jester" unis are no prize either. Wow. This is like the Glaucoma Bowl.
I'd almost rather be blind.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:Those Michigan throwback "court jester" unis are no prize either. Wow. This is like the Glaucoma Bowl.
yeah, those are 3 stooges in a prison sketch if this game switched suddenly to black and white.

pro combat is crap. my only proper pro combat comment is that when Oklahoma wore them @ Tech a couple years ago at least OU lost badly. at least maybe that means OU won't wear them again.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2, or a Michigan wideout?

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:nice ESPN graphic how UM is 4-17 after playing MSU the last 3 years. ouch.
think that has more to do with playing the portion of the big ten schedule with actual football teams than anything else.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

only thing i like about the circus outfits is taking msu out of their zone early in the game. hard to play when you're laughing.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote:
King Crimson wrote:nice ESPN graphic how UM is 4-17 after playing MSU the last 3 years. ouch.
think that has more to do with playing the portion of the big ten schedule with actual football teams than anything else.
sure. but which part of win padding easy OOC or pretty fucking crappy in conference do you prefer? any time you start loading up numbers like 4-17 as a Michigan team....that's bad. i don't care if you are playing the 75 Steelers 21 times. that's bad numbers.

i think you agree.
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i guess i do, since you just restated my point. thanks for the echo.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Unis are horrid on both sides.

MSU needs to stop bailing out UM with personal fouls. Fuck.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

umich needs to stop bailing out msu by attempting passes. at least our punter is awesome.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

M Club wrote:umich needs to stop bailing out msu by attempting passes. at least our punter is awesome.

Mich's O looked very schoolyard in the first half, passing was flat-out fugly.

Fortunately for them they got some lucky spots and MSU made some penalties.

Neither team looked very sharp but I'm sure they'll tear-up Neb's beleaguered D when we play them.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Forgot to mention: Happy 10th anniversary of the Clock Game!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

game comes down to this drive. i mean, if there's even a chance for my side comes down to this drive.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

D-Rob throws a pick-6, looks like game over.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

game was over as soon as that bitch fuck 4th and 1 call was radioed down. the only thing i saw open (to the left side of the screen) was a quick out, which means, uh, denard making an accurate throw? and what's the payoff there if it even worked? state has been idiots all day with their personal fouls, but at least that only costs them 15 yards each time; michigan coaching goes to the stupid and it cost them their chance to win.

whatevs, i'll trade four straight losses to msu if it means beating ohio state's worst team ever.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Before the Pick Six, that was a ridiculous call on fourth and inches. Shoelace has to audible out and take the first down there.

Overall, though, Robinson looked no better than a more-mobile Maynard from Cal. Just awful. Besides the loss/horrific performance, the simple fact of Michigan having to go with their other QB on passing downs puts paid to any Heisman talk involving Shoelace.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Easy money.

1.5? :lol:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

who talks about him winning the heisman? nine now ten int's out front said he wouldn't be a serious contender. otherwise, you people get worked up about stupid shit. "omg they're talking about someone!!!!!" you put an hour-long program together and see how much material you burn through before needing to start talking about second-tier candidates just to maintain interest in the discussion.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:who talks about him winning the heisman?
The talking heads whose job is to talk about Heisman candidates.

Well, not any longer.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Easy money.

Until that brainfart call on fourth and inches, it was shaping up to be a 21-21 game with about five minutes remaining and Michigan having all the momentum. That play combined with the subsequent Pick Six made it look like a comfortable -2.5 cover, but it was definitely no sure thing.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Like I said, you get worked up about stupid shit. You asked any Michigan fans in the know, or at least on this board, before the season and we would have all told you not a chance in hell does Denard even go to NYC: Shoalzie because he thinks ragging on Michigan will give him some sort of Herbstreit-like cred with the board here, Blind because he doesn't post enough to say otherwise, and me because it's quite obvious that anything positive from Denard's throwing stats comes from the safeties vacating the seams when they bite on that first step forward.

Photo of the focus group for Van's CFB Hour of Hollow Pedantic Analysis:

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Easy money.

who said easy money? i suppose the odds makers can't be faulted for failing to foresee MANBALL hoke signing off on a cute 4th and inches call.

congrats on the win, though.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Good game. Props to M Club's team. I have a hard time hating on that dude because he's a hilarious poster. :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club, really, just go ahead ahead and eat yet another dick. No one really cares what message board tools like you say regarding Michigan. Do you think you and your Michigan Fan brethren were alone in thinking Denard had no realistic chance?

That's the funny thing. You're so goddamn self-satisfied that you truly do think you and you alone were somehow in-the-know there.

Well, here's a newsflash, Ego Boy: We all knew he didn't belong, and still he was receiving quite a bit of secondary mention on the Heisman shows. Had he burped up a tremendous game today, that talk would've only trebled. Had Michigan miraculously gone on to run the table with Shoelace coming up big in each of their late-season, nationally televised games, you can bet your triple latte-smug ass that he would've been headed to New York.

Since you've apparently already forgotten, Cam Newton wasn't on anyone's Heisman radar five games into the 2010 season.

Oh, but wait. Of course, AP Club always knew it was in the bag.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Good game. Props to M Club's team. I have a hard time hating on that dude because he's a hilarious poster. :lol:
i'll take that as fair consolation. it's all i have after this game and toledo losing me $50 because they can't cover kickoffs. at least we're on the same side for the beisbol tonight.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:No one really cares what message board tools like you say regarding Michigan.
:?
Van wrote:Image x 1000
:?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2 wrote:Image

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Too bad MSU can't stop scheduling scUM and start scheduling someone competitive instead. Like, say, Albion.