Pats/Bills

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Pats/Bills

Post by Th »

Offense was one dimensional, Brady played like he didn't respect the Bills D and payed the price. The ironic part is the Pats run game seemed at least functional when they decided to run. The Pats rookie Ridley had a 6.3 yard average and seemed to have a groove started running the ball but was FAR under utilized. I think the Patriots could be more successful at and SHOULD focus more on running the ball.

Ocho-DROP-o, looks exactly like the receiver that Cinci made no effort to keep.

Defense - was only a rumor on both sides today. What plays that WERE made seemed to be made more often by the Bills.

Welker & Gronkowski - damn solid but not enough.

Oakland on the road next week and THEY seemed to play well vs the Jests.

What say you Pops, sig bet?
Go Patriots! ! ! !
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Pats/Bills

Post by poptart »

I'll do a one week sig bet just to be sporting, th, but I don't really like the matchup that much for Oakland.

Why don't I?

NE ought to have success spreading it out with 4 and 5 receivers, as Buffalo did when they scored 35 2nd half points v. the Raiders.
I doubt if Oakland keeps NE under 30.

The Jets offense was actually having it's way v. Oakland's defense (up 17-7) until McFadden broke off that 71 yd TD run.
After that happened, the whole dynamic of the game changed and momentum shifted to the Raiders.
The Raider defense DID make a couple/few stops of the Jets after that, but overall, Oakland's defense has some issues - mainly in the secondary and at LB.

I expect a lot of 34-31 type games from Oakland this season.
It's conceivable that they could get over on NE, but I think a lot of things need to fall their way.

Btw, D. McFadden is a HELLUVA player.

- Marcus
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

I feel that the Pats 'may' be better on D than they have shown so far this season. The one thing they've done well on D so far is defend the run, but not much else. I hope for and am expecting more out of the pass rush this week too, they'd better be - the secondary is weak.

Brady will be Brady and Oakland won't be able to do much about it. I do think the Pats will (should) try to balance the offense out, the rookie Ridley might see more of the field as he's shown some 'flash' running inside. Note to BB/Brady - throw to anyone BUT #85.

Damn good of you to be sporting Pops, not much of that around these parts anymore. Should be a FUN game to watch. I'll be preparing your sig for the week (lol), what say you - Monday until Monday?
Go Patriots! ! ! !
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The Duhs are going to get ass raped this weekend.
Raiders could be short 2 DBs vs. Patriots, Brady

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson doesn't seem too concerned that his team could be without two starters in its secondary for Sunday's game against Tom Brady and the Patriots.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... =nfl_t2_a7
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Fwiw, I don't think Huff will be OUT.
Not sure if his brain is fully functional (haha), but I DO believe he will play on Sunday.

Johnson being out is not good, though.

On the bright side, it seems safety M. Mitchell will be back in the starting lineup after missing the first 3 games.

My own half-ass prediction for this game is that Oakland will win the fist half and NE will win the 2nd half.

Head says the Gaytriots get over.
Heart says Jano pounds a last minute FG through to win it for the Silver & Black.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:My own half-ass prediction for this game is that Oakland will win the fist half and NE will win the 2nd half.
OK.

My prediction is a boat race. The Gaytriots are going to go up early and never look back.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It might work that way.

The Raiders are built to run ---> and then work the rest of the offense around that foundation.
They really are sort of an old school team.
They aren't built to play catch-up, so it's conceivable that an early Patriot lead could snowball into a blowout of sorts.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote: Johnson being out is not good, though.
Yes, it is. Actually, it was a fucking blessing in disguise to those of us who saw the game, pops. Besides that perfectly thrown ball by Sanchez to Plax, Chew made some fantastic plays and did a great job on his assignment. CJ is a fucking PI machine who absolutely sucks.
They aren't built to play catch-up, so it's conceivable that an early Patriot lead could snowball into a blowout of sorts.
Totally disagree, bro. We were down 10 to a team many expect to get to the Super Bowl and possibly win it. The jets are no joke. We came back and won that game.

We have many young, explosive playmakers now-and a coach smart enough to use every one of them properly. Jacksons playcalling is flat out excellent....he keeps teams off balance and uses virtually every offensive players strength to its fullest. Our offense is a blast to watch, especially with Moore picking up right where he left off in college.........breaking records.
Heart says Jano pounds a last minute FG through to win it for the Silver & Black.
Agreed. The Gaytriots are steaming dogshit defensively, and BB knows his fucking running game is virtually non-exhistant due to lack of HB talent -so Bieber Brady will end of throwing 35-40 times, which plays right into our strength-our front 7. Also, this is Big Sey's first meeting against his old team....and he will end up being the difference in this game. Dude is licking his fucking chops for this one.

Cuntriots are paper tigers-there is blood in the water and the sharks are circling those motherfuckers right now. This is the season they are exposed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I saw the Jets game, James.
I've seen the first three games this year.

Johnson has been up-and-down at corner.
I don't like him that much, but he IS a vet.
Some of the kids did alright last week, but... I dunno.
Rookies in the secondary are always going to cause me some concern - and when the matchup is against T. Brady, it rises to more than concern.

I hope those guys bring their best this week, because I think we're going to need it.

James wrote:We have many young, explosive playmakers now-and a coach smart enough to use every one of them properly.
You're right, James, and it's possible that I'm selling our offense short.
I had a short go-'round with mvscal a couple of weeks ago when I said we have more scoring ability this year than last - and that we'd once again be in the top 10 in scoring.
We have a handful of offensive weapons who can create mismatches, and Jackson/Saunders are doing a very nice job.
Hell, our offensive line is doing a whale of a job so far.
Was thought to be a weak link, but it's not at all the case.
They've been mowing people.

Our schedule for the first 5 games this year is very difficult.
When we get beyond this game and the Houston game next week, watch out.
It looks favorable on paper - compared to what SD will face.

As far as this game goes, it's really a very interesting matchup.
Finesse v. bully.

Can we punch them in the mouth and then drag 'em around the field, or are they going to nickle-and-dime us to death like Buffalo did in the 2nd half of that game?

Guess we'll find out.

Th, yeah, Monday to Monday sounds fair enough.

Enjoy the game.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Raydah James wrote: Cuntriots are paper tigers-there is blood in the water and the sharks are circling those motherfuckers right now. This is the season they are exposed.

Want in on that Sig bet then? I'll go for a week with yours after Pops gets his due if the Pats lose this one.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Some of the kids did alright last week, but... I dunno.
Your skepticism is well founded. When Johnson and Huff went down it forced the Duhs out of their usual man coverage and into a zone which the Jets, by their own admission, weren't prepared for. The Gaytriots will not only be prepared for it, they also have the perfect weapons to exploit zone coverages with Welker and two very dynamic tight ends. Oh yes, and McFadden is nursing a sore groin.

I don't think you'll be very surprised to find yourself on the receiving end of a hide blistering beatdown.
poptart wrote:I had a short go-'round with mvscal a couple of weeks ago when I said we have more scoring ability this year than last -
I'll concede Denarius Moore. The kid looks good and was definitely a steal in the fifth round. Campbell is still a piece of shit, though, and that will limit your offense.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

mvscal wrote:two very dynamic tight ends.

You know what the fuck you're talking about... Hernandez got hurt in the 2Q against your team and hasn't played since. He is listed as OUT for Sunday's game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Over their last 11 regular-season games, the Pats have scored 31, 35, 38, 38, 34, 31, 36, 45, 45, 31 and 39 points.

Oakland is currently 28th in the league in defense - and will be going with a rookie corner on one side and another rookie likely covering the slot receiver.

:)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:You know what the fuck you're talking about... Hernandez got hurt in the 2Q against your team and hasn't played since.
Thanks for the info. :meds:

I was probably too busy watching Bob Sanders' pussy fall out...again. Not that I was expecting much or even anything from him anyway.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Was pretty much what I was afraid of today.

NE worked Oakland's defense like it was a simple sparring session.

The Raider offense worked the Gaytriot defense over pretty good, too, but fugged themselves with red-zone follies.

Oh... many Raider penalties, too - who knew?

Good bounce-back W by NE today.

Hit me up with the sig, Th.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

poptart wrote:Was pretty much what I was afraid of today.

NE worked Oakland's defense like it was a simple sparring session.

The Raider offense worked the Gaytriot defense over pretty good, too, but fugged themselves with red-zone follies.

Oh... many Raider penalties, too - who knew?

Good bounce-back W by NE today.

Hit me up with the sig, Th.

It was a fun game to watch. Brady learned how to hand the ball off finally. The defense wasn't half bad at times. Problem is they weren't half good at times either. Got the job done though. Warned you all about Ridley - 10 carries, 97 yards and a TD. I think we are seeing a legit RB emerging with him. Pops, check you inbox.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BB must have heard you calling for more of the run in here because they did just that - with success.

They spread the Raider defense out and there was ample running room available.
Same basic thing Buffalo did to Oakland.

I think NE will definitely be a "pass first" team all season, but it's pretty tough to win in the post season if you don't have a running game that you can count on, also.

Looked promising yesterday.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

poptart wrote:BB must have heard you calling for more of the run in here because they did just that - with success.

They spread the Raider defense out and there was ample running room available.
Same basic thing Buffalo did to Oakland.

I think NE will definitely be a "pass first" team all season, but it's pretty tough to win in the post season if you don't have a running game that you can count on, also.

Looked promising yesterday.

Tough NOT to be a pass first offense with Brady slinging the rock, however, I was glad to see the offense balance out a bit. I believe that the Patriots can run the ball more reliably - and SHOULD. I imagine opposing defenses might have to scheme much differently against that offense if they have more than Brady and his receivers to consider.
Go Patriots! ! ! !