Oregon - LSU

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Oregon - LSU

Post by Dinsdale »

They're young, but O added some monsters at OLB to try and patch up their weakness.

It will start slow, then the track meet will begin, and LSU will be deer in the headlights, then the second half pile-on will commence.

45-24
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

serious athleticism in that one.

Herbstreit also picked UCLA to win the Pac South....which i thought was interesting.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, and SN picked UCLA to finish last in the South.

Let's see, a shitty Auburn defense limited OU to 19 points, so a very good LSU defense....hmmmmmmmm
watching "high powered" OU offenses (Oklahoma, not UO) lose to UF and LSU is that if LSU can play man on UO's WR's and make them work really hard to get separation (meaning QB has to make perfect throws), frees up LSU to play the kind of "spread" mismatches pretty much hat on hat or bring pressure.

but, can't play man or get pressure could be a long night for Les.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So is LSU's backup qb worth a shit? That's the question for me.

Oregon 27
LSU 13
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

King Crimson wrote:Herbstreit also picked UCLA to win the Pac South....which i thought was interesting.
Didn't he base that on USC not being eligible to play in the PAC 12 Championship game?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MuchoBulls wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Herbstreit also picked UCLA to win the Pac South....which i thought was interesting.
Didn't he base that on USC not being eligible to play in the PAC 12 Championship game?
yes, but pretty much everybody else has UCLA picked towards the bottom.....below ASU, UA, Utah, and only above CU. it's still a flier for Kirk. also based on the idea that Neuheisel "does his best coaching when his back is against the wall". i would agree with that if instead of "back against the wall" he meant "with the previous coaches players".
"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

James loves to bust it outside the tackles, but he didn't have very much success doing that against Auburn last season. It seems as though Oregon struggles to move the ball with teams who have good sideline-to-sideline speed and can also lock down athletic receivers with man coverage. LSU can do this, but I honestly think LSU doesn't have enough firepower on offense to keep Oregon honest.

Oregon wins.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Go Coogs' wrote:James loves to bust it outside the tackles, but he didn't have very much success doing that against Auburn last season. It seems as though Oregon struggles to move the ball with teams who have good sideline-to-sideline speed and can also lock down athletic receivers with man coverage.
So in other words Oregon struggles against teams that can play defense. Shit, I may have to revise my pick...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jsc810 wrote:"Greatest week 1 matchup in NCAA history"

or something like that, just said by one of the talking heads on ESPN.

Hyperbole much? :lol:
If Mushburger was doing the game it would be tabbed the greatest matchup in college football history.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:They're young, but O added some monsters at OLB to try and patch up their weakness.

It will start slow, then the track meet will begin, and LSU will be deer in the headlights, then the second half pile-on will commence.

45-24

2stndrd
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:"Greatest week 1 matchup in NCAA history"

or something like that, just said by one of the talking heads on ESPN.

Hyperbole much? :lol:
If Mushburger was doing the game it would be tabbed the greatest matchup in college football history.

If Costas was calling it (thank G&G Costas don't do CFB), it would be likened to the 1927 World Series... Game 3.... the Mighty Babe Ruth at the plate.. 4th inning, 3-2 game... first pitch, breaking ball, low and away... pitch 2, fastball for a strike looking..

Shit, I could do this all day.

Costas makes me suicidal. I can tolerate Musburger for the fact he's such a Duck homer.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I was on the fence before the Jefferson suspension/thing but I see Oregon's speed (and experience) on offense to control the game. They're in Jerryworld with the quick track and they won't have to deal with the heat. In temperate conditions, I like Oregon today. No Cliff Harris to ballhawk on the outside...Lee has the rep for throwing pick 6s. I just don't see LSU being able to keep up...don't have an offense that is capable of playing catchup to a high-powered offense like Oregon.

Oregon 31
LSU 17
Last edited by Shoalzie on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LSU will have the second-hottest cheerleaders in the arena.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Is everyone forgetting what Auburn's defense did to Oregon last year?

Haven't forgotten -- AU held Oregon to a measly 449 yards.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i think Herbstreit sucks out loud.

i can deal with Brent after years and years of his old fruit act and calling UT QB's by their first name, but "Herbie" is an idiot. his whole shouting intonation is boring. he's also got Billy Packer disease with the curmudgeonly slant re-paced by superficial statements: "it's like i was saying earlier in the game, Brent....".

pick one thing to say: repeat it over and over.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:pick one thing to say: repeat it over and over.

Unless it proves foolish once the game starts, then acts like he never said it, and switches to some other inane statement.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc810 wrote:...the Golden Girls are usually where the hotties are.
Werd.

Oh, your girls are pretty cute too....
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Love seeing lsu faking injury to slow down Oregon.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dumb penalties on both sides.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Oregon will run LSU off the field in the second half.

They'll have the LSU defense faking injuries and puking on the field by the fourth quarter.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

This has been the worst week 1 of football I can ever remember. I know teams are rusty in game 1, but every game I've watched has been a non stop laundry fest. Top it all off with underwhelming offense and porous defense.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Just getting back from the Typhoon Bowl in AA. Did I miss anything?

Brent Musburger is obviously color blind. What the fuck is he wearing?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Ducks look bad. Undisciplined and a lot of gimmick on offense.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

campinfool wrote:Ducks look bad. Undisciplined and a lot of gimmick on offense.
What offense? If "the track meet" is on, Oregon is being lapped.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yep, I'm done picking Oregon in these big games vs good, physical defenses. Ohio State, Auburn, LSU. They keep getting exposed.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yep, I'm done picking Oregon in these big games vs good, physical defenses. Ohio State, Auburn, LSU. They keep getting exposed.

Good call...thought it would be different this time but not so much tonight. No James and Barner doesn't help things either.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Might help if they had some guys bigger that 220 on the D-line.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Physical defenses that are just as fast as the Ducks.
You've got an erection, don't you?

I noticed you don't have any thoughts on the Boise/Georgia game. Imagine that...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

No big plays for Oregon other than in the return game...longest play from scrimmage is 14 yards.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:Oregon will run LSU off the field in the second half.

They'll have the LSU defense faking injuries and puking on the field by the fourth quarter.
Just got back from dinner and missed the third quarter.

Guess I was wrong on that call... :oops:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yep, I'm done picking Oregon in these big games vs good, physical defenses. Ohio State, Auburn, LSU. They keep getting exposed.

Cal had the #1 D in the PAC 10 last year and had them figured out better than anyone of the teams you just mentioned.

Cal's a monster up front and their backers are huge and fast.

They held Oregon to 300 yards of offense and 1 offensive TD. Would have won the game if our shitty ass kicker didn't miss two field goals from within 25 yards. It didn't help much that our pathetic O was practicing their 3 and outs to perfection which keep the D on the field most the game.

Nice win by LSU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

"Defense wins championships" - most schools

"Defense wins you 8th place in the Pac 10" - California
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Well, that and not having a qb last year.

Cal has a qb this year and will end up taking the north in the 12.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:"Defense wins championships" - most schools

"Defense wins you 8th place in the Pac 10" - California

That great defense gave up 48 points and almost 500 yards against Stanford.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

While I stayed away from this game in the Pick 'Em contest, I agree with the basic sentiment. I've had enough of Oregon falling flat on their faces every time they're in a position to represent the conference at the highest level. Oregon just cannot line up and beat these teams when it matters most, and it's really annoying to see their flashy offense continually get shut down/disintegrate before our very eyes.

Wtf, though, right? With USC being in the shitter, apparently this is the best the Pac 10 can offer. That being said, I'd rather Stanford take the reins. Between Nikegon's disgusting marketing gimmicks and their equally gimmicky offense that they can't seem to execute in the biggest games, yeah, I wish Harbaugh had stuck around to lend some authority to the Pac's top representative until USC can rejoin the party sometime towards the end of the decade.

Then there's UCLA losing what basically amounted to a must-win game for Neuheisel against a C-USA team...and fucking Oregon St, who seemingly never met an early-season OOC tilt they didn't gag on.

Look, I've been to Sacramento St games, as recently as last season. I'm telling you, they don't have decent facilities even by high school standards. Some reasonably good, recent-vintage USC squads weren't able to win in Corvallis, yet those guys went up there and managed it?

Jesus. Here's hoping Stanford can beat Oregon and be the team to represent the league in BCS play, otherwise that Season Over troll may as well go ahead and pay a visit right now to the entire 2011 Pac 12 conference.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

M2 wrote:Well, that and not having a qb last year.

Cal has a qb this year and will end up taking the north in the 12.
The Windchime Wizard is officially back.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Chipper fails us again.

Should have been an easy win, had Kelly done his thing...

Problem is, against the more physical defenses, his balls shrivel up and he grows a vagina. The hurry-up goes to hell, and Kelly overthinks everything, which leads Thomas to overthink everything.

Just snap the fucking ball -- it's what's been practiced and preached for 4 years... :bigshocker: that when they drop the system that's in place, they fail.

Just snap the fucking ball.The few times they had it rolling, fatboys were dropping like flies, and the defense was in disarray... better not stick with that game plan, Chipper.Losing James and Barner didn't help. Should we deduct one of DeAnthony Thomas' 5-stars for each fumble?

LSU's defense was stout. Nasty, nasty secondary. But if that's all they can do on offense, they ain't winning the SEC. They looked good running on a bunch of arm-tackling girls, but that won't get it done against Bama.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Jsc810 wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Should have been an easy win
Which is it, have you not had your coffee this morning, or are you drinking vodka this early?
Dinsdale is like Kansas State fan in the late 90's. have a few good years and voila! you invented football.

LSU was the better team, up front....everywhere.

i have dogged Les for years but for a baboon he's doing something right.
"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I heard a guy on Yahoo Sports this morning point out the fact that Oregon loses when the other team has a month to prepare for them.

So Chippy tries to fool 'em by changing things up.

And that's his fault?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Wtf, though, right? With USC being in the shitter, apparently this is the best the Pac 10 can offer. That being said, I'd rather Stanford take the reins. Between Nikegon's disgusting marketing gimmicks and their equally gimmicky offense that they can't seem to execute in the biggest games, yeah, I wish Harbaugh had stuck around to lend some authority to the Pac's top representative until USC can rejoin the party sometime towards the end of the decade.
I really, REALLY like Stanford. Pro style offense with the best qb in college, good running game, and a stout D. What's not to like? In fact I'll call for a Stanford-LSU MNC right now. LSU was impressive, and I don't think it really matters who plays under center for them.

By the way, wtf happened in the Coliseum yesterday? I tuned in at the end to see Minny driving with a chance to win on a FG...then their freshman 2-star qb predictably threw a pick. I had SC on the -20.5 or whatever it was, thought that was pretty darn close to a lock against a horrible Minnesota team with a new head coach.