Best Friend, to the End

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Best Friend, to the End

Post by Mikey »

Dog guards casket of fallen Navy SEAL
The dog of a fallen Navy SEAL is stealing hearts across the Internet because of the image of the faithful Labrador retriever lying next to the sailor's casket.

Jon Tumilson, a 35-year-old Navy SEAL who reportedly once made San Diego his home, was memorialized by his family in Iowa last week. He was one of 30 U.S. servicemen killed in an Aug. 6 helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

His lab, Hawkeye, is seen stretched out next to the flag-draped casket. The big black-brown dog walked up the aisle with Tumilson's family as they entered the service, according to media reports.

When Tumilson's friend, who had been caring for the dog, came to the stage to deliver his remarks, Hawkeye walked forward, too.

The Labrador, who had apparently won hunting ribbons with Tumilson, laid down next to the casket – like a man's best friend would.

Twenty-two members of the Coronado-based Naval Special Warfare Command were killed in that helicopter crash -- including 17 SEALs, the renowned fighters known for their skills on sea, air and land.

Most of the fallen SEALs were based on the East Coast, but two were assigned to Coronado SEAL teams, according to military reports.

They were Petty Officer 1st Class Jesse D. Pittman, 27, originally from Ukiah, Calif., and Petty Officer 2nd Class Nicholas P. Spehar, 24, whose home town was listed as Saint Paul, Minn.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Re: Best Friend, to the End

Post by Go Coogs' »

88 wrote:Dogs are truly man's best friend.
Yep. It's kinda weird, too.

Mrs. Rumps and I have no children yet (trying like hell to conceive though), so our 7-year old pit is our entire world.

Mrs. Rumps is home a lot more than I am, so naturally she handles all the necessities in raising a dog. She gives him a bath, feeds him, takes him to the vet, takes him for walks, gives him his medications, clips his nails, makes sure his bed doesn't stink. She handles all that shit, but when I get home, he drops her like a sack of potatoes and comes running to me. He sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed, he wakes me up to take him outside, and he always tried to jump on the couch to lay his head in my lap. But I don't do a damn thing for that dog except the occasional walk.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:That dog wouldn't be there if Obama would have gotten their asses out of there. SEALS had no business carrying out shit orders like that after the main reason of the "war" was taken care of.
I'm surprised Obama didn't just shoot the fucking dog.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I read this story this morning. Broke my heart.

My dog means the everything to me.

Nothing in this world is more sincere then when she gives us this look:

War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:She decided to piss on my side of the bed (before I got in).
A sign of her eternal affection. Where's your appreciation?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:My dog wasn't my best friend the other night. She decided to piss on my side of the bed (before I got in).
Rack the poodle that hit paydirt.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
40 days to live
Crack Whore

Post by 40 days to live »

First, ol' Splash

then me
I'm out.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mikey wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:That dog wouldn't be there if Obama would have gotten their asses out of there. SEALS had no business carrying out shit orders like that after the main reason of the "war" was taken care of.
I'm surprised Obama didn't just shoot the fucking dog.
That would require president Mom-Jeans to do something himself.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Go Coogs' wrote:Mrs. Rumps is home a lot more than I am, so naturally she handles all the necessities in raising a dog. She gives him a bath, feeds him, takes him to the vet, takes him for walks, gives him his medications, clips his nails, makes sure his bed doesn't stink. She handles all that shit, but when I get home, he drops her like a sack of potatoes and comes running to me. He sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed, he wakes me up to take him outside, and he always tried to jump on the couch to lay his head in my lap. But I don't do a damn thing for that dog except the occasional walk.
Sounds like she's beating him when you're away. Sorry you had to find out this way.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go Coogs' wrote: when I get home, he drops her like a sack of potatoes and comes running to me.
He's probably just relieved that he made it through another day without getting splashed with a bucket of BBQ sauce and eaten.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ana Ng wrote:My dog means the everything to me.
I hope you have the capacity to love those in your family half as much.