What is the ONE game you want a team to lose this season?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

What is the ONE game you want a team to lose this season?

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

For me....

#1 I want Boise to lose to UGa. For some reason, I really don't like those Idaho bastards.

#2 Auburn to lose to LSU.

Oh, and Miami to lose every game, and then the city sinks into the sea, but....that's a given
What were we just talking about?
BlindRef
Fuck State

Re: What is the ONE game you want a team to lose this season

Post by BlindRef »

I would love to see TSIO lose to Miami (yes that miami)
Those who stay will be champions.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I honestly don't give a flying fuck about what other teams do.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i really want to see ohio state lose the michigan game. will even trade in losses to msu and notre dame.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Killian wrote:I honestly don't give a flying fuck about what other teams do.
RACK!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Killian wrote:I honestly don't give a flying fuck about what other teams do.
What he said.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

My year-to-year feelings in games not involving Michigan doesn't change...generally, just worry about your own team first.

I'm not a conference honk...I generally root against the other teams in the Big Ten. I don't know if I could root for Ohio State if the fate of the world was in the balance. Since the GF is a Sparty, I try to cool my dislike for them on most days other than the head-to-head battles. Brian Kelly coached at GVSU when I was there (briefly) but the fact he's coaching at that school...yeah, no loyalty to him anymore. I was cool with him at CMU and Cincinnati though.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:My year-to-year feelings in games not involving Michigan doesn't change...generally, just worry about your own team first.

I'm not a conference honk...I generally root against the other teams in the Big Ten. I don't know if I could root for Ohio State if the fate of the world was in the balance.
I never understood this line of thinking. When members of your conference play OOC and win, that boosts your conference strength and a lot of times your own team’s strength of schedule. I’ll always pull for any Big 10 team playing OOC, even those losers from Michigan.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Win your own games...you can't control what happens in those other games. Strength of schedule only matters if you're contending for the MNC...in other words, if you're still unbeaten. If you have 6 losses...I don't give a crap about strength of schedule.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:I never understood this line of thinking. When members of your conference play OOC and win, that boosts your conference strength and a lot of times your own team’s strength of schedule. I’ll always pull for any Big 10 team playing OOC, even those losers from Michigan.
Goobs, you're not understanding. If your team can only beat Indiana & Minnesota in conference every year, you wouldn't care how the rest of the B10 does OOC either. :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:Win your own games...you can't control what happens in those other games. Strength of schedule only matters if you're contending for the MNC...in other words, if you're still unbeaten. If you have 6 losses...I don't give a crap about strength of schedule.
But doesn’t strength of schedule affect the computer rankings, which in turn affect your BCS rankings, which in turn might affect whether you wind up in a BCS bowl or not? I realize this isn’t a consideration for UM fan, of course.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:Win your own games...you can't control what happens in those other games. Strength of schedule only matters if you're contending for the MNC...in other words, if you're still unbeaten. If you have 6 losses...I don't give a crap about strength of schedule.
Yeah, but what happens today effects tomorrow. When you have multiple good teams that carry over from year to year, that is going to enhance the perception of your conference. Unfortunately, we have a beauty pageant for a playoff system, so perception and image is pretty important. Just look at the SEC. Georga and Auburn have almost no business being ranked.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Any of the home game cupcakes that are staples in the mighty sec.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:
But doesn’t strength of schedule affect the computer rankings, which in turn affect your BCS rankings, which in turn might affect whether you wind up in a BCS bowl or not? I realize this isn’t a consideration for UM fan, of course.

You're bringing that up to a guy that hates the BCS and the bowl system...that probably adds to my apathy of strength of schedule. If you're two teams from major conferences with perfect records, you have nothing to worry about.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:If you're two teams from major conferences with perfect records, you have nothing to worry about.
So when do we get to play in the title game?

Sincerely,

2004 Auburn
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

i want oregon to curb stomp lsu...in fact, i want lsu to lose every game this year....

i've always disliked lsu, but in my time spent in this forum, jsc has convinced me to really hate those fucking twats
get out, get out while there's still time
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:For me....

#1 I want Boise to lose to UGa. For some reason, I really don't like those Idaho bastards.

Oh, and Miami to lose every game, and then the city sinks into the sea, but....that's a given
I love that you capitalized the word "one" in the thread title and then went ahead and picked 14. :P

I'm assuming you intended us to pick games not involving our favorite teams, so in that case, I guess I'd like to see Iowa beat Nebraska.
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I'm assuming you intended us to pick games not involving our favorite teams, so in that case, I guess I'd like to see Iowa beat Nebraska.
Mike, why do you insist on setting yourself up for disappointment?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Yeah, but what happens today effects tomorrow. When you have multiple good teams that carry over from year to year, that is going to enhance the perception of your conference. Unfortunately, we have a beauty pageant for a playoff system, so perception and image is pretty important. Just look at the SEC. Georga and Auburn have almost no business being ranked.
whatevs, oklahoma and texas do just fine with their annual invite to the bcs even though JeNoj's alma mater is out embarrassing the conference on a weekly basis. same with ohio state parlaying their own shitty conference into multiple MNC game appearances even though they were clearly in over their head.

i personally pull for whatever team i like better, regardless of conference affiliation. wisconsin plays oregon, i hope wisky loses by 40; wisco plays florida, i hope florida dies.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:whatevs, oklahoma and texas do just fine with their annual invite to the bcs even though JeNoj's alma mater is out embarrassing the conference on a weekly basis.
Bwaa.

OU and Texas, a couple of storied bluebloods, don't need too much help, but the Big 12 has probably been regarded as the #2 conference over the last few years, from a national perspective. I think image helps. To what degree, well, I think that depends on the individual program. All things being equal record-wise, the SEC team will get the nod over just about any team from any other conference.
i personally pull for whatever team i like better, regardless of conference affiliation. wisconsin plays oregon, i hope wisky loses by 40; wisco plays florida, i hope florida dies.
My conference rooting is fairly situational as well, but I can definitely recognize the benefit of playing in a strong conference.
Killian

Post by Killian »

This has to be a hard question for JSC to answer.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: OU and Texas, a couple of storied bluebloods, don't need too much help, but the Big 12 has probably been regarded as the #2 conference over the last few years, from a national perspective. I think image helps. To what degree, well, I think that depends on the individual program. All things being equal record-wise, the SEC team will get the nod over just about any team from any other conference.
kind of my point: the individual programs benefit from the image they themselves project, not their conference. were michigan to go 12-0 (hahhahahahahahahahah, i know, especially with a hard-fought win over app state) they'd be in the mnc regardless of whether or not iowa won some gay pedo corn trophy or not. i mean, even a school not know as a traditional national power - say, msu - would parlay a 13-0 season into an mnc birth regardless of the big ten's national perception. basically, don't root for michigan ever because you don't have to.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Papa Willie wrote:

Oh - is that because I didn't return your call a couple of months ago? Fuck you, niggger freak. And don't ever call my ass again, got it?

Umm, no. I just can't stand Auburn. When did you graduate from there? Or ever attend there? Oh, right, ya didn't. As to the call, I thought you might have grown up a bit instead of being a red-assed on-line fuck head. I was wrong, apparently. Pity, that. You used to be a decent guy.

You might as well be a Miami fan.

:hfal:
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

8 years Spray. 8 freaking years since we last spoke. Bush was in his first term. My oldest daughter, now a sophomore at FSU, was 11 years old in and in 6th grade. Yeah....boy have I been bugging people. What in THE hell happened to you? And as far as phone calls, ask anyone here when I last did. About the same time. Insane contacting people you meet on-line? Hmmmm.....Zuckerberg counting his billions laughs.

Why you became a bitterman fool is anyone's guess. Have no worries oh fat man about any more calls. I thought, stupid me, that you had....grown? Mentally. Oh, and you used to call me......a LOT!

And you can speak for no one but yourself. How's the wife and kids?

Love ya bud!

Scott

WAR fans that actually WENT to their schools!

Oh, a PS. - I apologize to all for this pissing contest in here. Strange......I just posted a college football thread and then....'it' came on board with the stupidity. I apologize again for continuing . But Auburn still sucks!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:were michigan to go 12-0 (hahhahahahahahahahah, i know, especially with a hard-fought win over app state) they'd be in the mnc regardless of whether or not iowa won some gay pedo corn trophy or not.
Unless you've also got an undefeated from the SEC and one from the Big 12 or Pac 10. Then you've got a beauty pageant on your hands. Also like when the MNC comes down to the nation's only undefeated and a host of 1-loss teams...then you've got another beauty pageant on your hands. You never know when you will need those fat, stupid talking heads on your side, and they certainly get off on the whole conference strength & glamor stuff.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:8 years Spray. 8 freaking years since we last spoke. Bush was in his first term. My oldest daughter, now a sophomore at FSU, was 11 years old in and in 6th grade. Yeah....boy have I been bugging people. What in THE hell happened to you? And as far as phone calls, ask anyone here when I last did. About the same time. Insane contacting people you meet on-line? Hmmmm.....Zuckerberg counting his billions laughs.

Why you became a bitterman fool is anyone's guess. Have no worries oh fat man about any more calls. I thought, stupid me, that you had....grown? Mentally. Oh, and you used to call me......a LOT!

And you can speak for no one but yourself. How's the wife and kids?

Love ya bud!

Scott

WAR fans that actually WENT to their schools!

Oh, a PS. - I apologize to all for this pissing contest in here. Strange......I just posted a college football thread and then....'it' came on board with the stupidity. I apologize again for continuing . But Auburn still sucks!
Shut the fuck up and take it to PM's if you're going to keep up with this shit. And I'm sure it was very mentally taxing getting into the pinnacle of higher learning that is FSU.

Huge fucking :meds:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:And I'm sure it was very mentally taxing getting into the pinnacle of higher learning that is FSU.

Says the MSU grad. Oh the fucking irony.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:ask anyone here when I last did.

The Owls wrote:It was a month ago. And we miss you.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:And I'm sure it was very mentally taxing getting into the pinnacle of higher learning that is FSU.

Says the MSU grad. Oh the fucking irony.
Yeah, and I've never run academic smack on anyone except idiots who talk shit and went to state or directional schools
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Killian,

Thanks for the input. I guess. I forgot you were voted the 'Academic and Quality Monitor for all College Football Discussions at The One Board".

State schools? Directional schools? You say not a ND grad, then where?

Also, you could have PM'ed me about you wanting me to use PM's. Or not posted at all.

Anyway, Spray, many people have VERY many friends in these places. Did you miss the memo? And you and I have much in common. I am guessing between the hips and neck. Wouldn't it have been fun for you to go to college when you were young, though?

Mercer is a fine school.

:?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Papa Willie wrote:

Oh - is that because I didn't return your call a couple of months ago? Fuck you, niggger freak. And don't ever call my ass again, got it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Unless you've also got an undefeated from the SEC and one from the Big 12 or Pac 10. Then you've got a beauty pageant on your hands. Also like when the MNC comes down to the nation's only undefeated and a host of 1-loss teams...then you've got another beauty pageant on your hands. You never know when you will need those fat, stupid talking heads on your side, and they certainly get off on the whole conference strength & glamor stuff.
eh, those fat talking heads are always going to come down on the side of whose conference their employer owns broadcasting rights to. the entire big ten can go undefeated in ooc play, the sec can lose most of their bcs-conference head-to-heads, and when it comes down to one-loss wisconsin or one-loss bama the espn jerkoffs will spend 45 minutes of their one-hour broadcast talking about sec speed.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Here's a tip, if you have to write the following:
Oh, a PS. - I apologize to all for this pissing contest in here. Strange......I just posted a college football thread and then....'it' came on board with the stupidity. I apologize again for continuing .
They you should have handled the whole thing in a PM. If you want to update your spreadsheet, use the scroll wheel and go up a few posts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm all about UDub going 0-12... every year.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Killian,

It was my thread, dude. And spreadsheet? Is this 2000?( I see you have been talking to some people about it's existence)

PS- Miss Conduct sent me it. I never gave a crap about it, Mr. Hall Monitor. Deleted about 6 computers ago. Want to talk about the first Gulf War next, or maybe the Battle of Agincourt.(hint:the English won)

PPS - I'm not a mod. Can't see IP addresses, Mr. Wizard

Here's a tip back: Mind your own business? Don't want to read or respond to a thread, don't open it, don't respond to it. Another tip: Don't walk between parked cars, and put your money against any horse winning a triple crown since 78.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

there's an actual, physical spreadsheet? i thought that was just slang. jesus, loser, you need more help than just pills. go join a knitting club or something.
Killian

Post by Killian »

No, the slang originated from him. But Sparky hasn't been around enought to realize that it's been adopted as slang.

It's your thread, and you can't stay within the boundries you set forth. And stop signing with your real name, it's fucking creepy.

By the way, Mod's can't see IP addresses. Admins can. If you want to add another column, I use to be the mod of this fourm.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Now kindly fuck off and don't address me any further.
at least three more back-and-forths.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Found a message board one time where the dude posten his full name, address, phone number and talked repeatedly about him and his wife. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover what that dude is.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Lock it.

PS - shutyomouth - I address thee!