My GOD do the Raiders SUCK!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

My GOD do the Raiders SUCK!

Post by The Assassin »

Asomugha escaped,Gallery escaped,Lee Higgins escaped,and now Miller has escaped the NFLs version of Cuba and Al Castro.They take one step forward and then 3 steps back. But hey that fat contract they gave to Wembley will pay off right?....right??? Jesus its the same shit every year.

Oh how are all of you doing?
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: My GOD do the Raiders SUCK!

Post by War Wagon »

I've seen some publications predicting they win the division this year and they might be right.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

unless the bolts make a total nosedive(which with Norv is a possibility)I don't see that happening.The Chiefs will be better as well.The Raiders not only just lost their best receiver they also are going to be relying on a young inexperienced offensive line to keep Campbell upright.And they best hope McFadden can stay healthy or it's going to get ugly and quick.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

War Wagon wrote:I've seen some publications predicting they win the division this year and they might be right.
Even as a Raider fan, I can't even begin to see how someone on the outside looking in would even think this is a legit prediction. They were 2-8 outside their division, their schedule got harder, the Chargers and Chiefs made steps to strengthen themselves and the Raiders were going backwards talent-wise even before this weeks defections.

It's not out of the question, but anyone who would put their name on that is either crazy or stupid.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I think Eeyore mode has overpowered you, JT.

We have 10 defensive starters back from last season.
Yes, losing Asomugha isn't what we wanted - but it was pretty much assumed.
As you know, that defensive unit is young, and a lot of the kids have a year under their belt.
I like them.

Zach Miller is a good player, but what, does losing his 4 TDs a year send you for the shower rod?
Let's see what we replace him with.

Gallery?
Please.

Missed 4 games last year.
Missed 10 the year before.
Missed 6 in '06.
We know he is made of glass and now that is Seattle's issue.
Good player for us when he was on the field, but we couldn't count on him and going without him isn't a huge blow, imo.

Higgins is gone?
I didn't even notice and don't give a shit.
Why should I?

It's too early to know what the final roster will look like, so it's just... too early to judge.

Shit, Raider fan was fretting about the O-Line before last season and we ran the hell out of the ball.
2nd in the league.

Hiring Al Sauders was a KICK ASS move!!

Hue & Al Saunders > Curly & Hue, imo.

We were 6th in the league in scoring last season and I'd look for us to do about the same thing this year.

I'll make a real prediction after week 3 of the pre-season, and I just don't share your negativity right now.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

poptart wrote:I think Eeyore mode has overpowered you, JT.

We have 10 defensive starters back from last season.
Yes, losing Asomugha isn't what we wanted - but it was pretty much assumed.
As you know, that defensive unit is young, and a lot of the kids have a year under their belt.
I like them.

Zach Miller is a good player, but what, does losing his 4 TDs a year send you for the shower rod?
Let's see what we replace him with.

Gallery?
Please.

Missed 6 in '06.
Good player for us when he was on the field, but we couldn't count on him and going without him isn't a huge blow, imo.

Higgins is gone?
I didn't even notice and don't give a shit.
Why should I?

It's too early to know what the final roster will look like, so it's just... too early to judge.

Shit, Raider fan was fretting about the O-Line before last season and we ran the hell out of the ball.
2nd in the league.

Hiring Al Sauders was a KICK ASS move!!

Hue & Al Saunders > Curly & Hue, imo.

We were 6th in the league in scoring last season and I'd look for us to do about the same thing this year.

I'll make a real prediction after week 3 of the pre-season, and I just don't share your negativity right now.
Well then ok Super Bowl it is :meds:

I'll give you Huff but the rest of those DBs arent worth shit. Routte had an INT return against the Chiefs on a stupid pass thrown by Cassell.I also recall seeing Routte with an inability to tackle and an inability to cover secondary or slot receivers resulting in big plays and interference calls. But by all means give him a new contract. Tom Cable who he players ran through walls for and who finally got things turned around not only gets fired but is belittled by Grandpa Al in the same fashion he did Kiffin. Hue Jackson can smile and talk about change all he wants but if things don't go as Al expects he will be next. Saunders was in DC for a few and that offense wasn't as explosive as it was in KC. Perhaps the personnel had alot to do with it time will tell. Yes we can run the ball but Miller made their defense respect that run.You couldn't put 8 in the box. What other Raider receiver scares defenses now?Hayward Bay hasn't done a damn thing,Fords better as a return man,Murphy is inconsistent and Schillins is always hurt. Miller was our best receiver by a mile and he left. McFadden had a great year but he also didnt finish the season,and Bush still isn't signed yet either. I do not like what they have done(more like havent done) this offseason,they lock up guys who they overvalue while allowing their quality guys to leave.

And its good to see you again pop and I hope to be proven wrong.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The biggest lost might be the cable guy, who I thought did a good job overall. The duds kicked the crap out of the bolts twice, sure he needed to improve the team outside the division, but with Campbell at QB they played much better than many thought they would, including myself.

Now once again a new coaching staff & system will need to be learned. Which has been par for the course almost every season in Campbell's career.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Joe in PB wrote:The biggest lost might be the cable guy, who I thought did a good job overall. The duds kicked the crap out of the bolts twice, sure he needed to improve the team outside the division, but with Campbell at QB they played much better than many thought they would, including myself.

Now once again a new coaching staff & system will need to be learned. Which has been par for the course almost every season in Campbell's career.

I agree.This was the first coach since Gruden that had the respect of the locker room and Davis sent him packing and once again belittled the outgoing coach. Davis not only like to burn bridges he then pisses on the ashes.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

The Assassin wrote:This was the first coach since Gruden that had the respect of the locker room
Joe Bugel had the respect of the locker room.

Much of the credit for last year's "turn around" can be attributed to decent draft picks and Hue Jackson calling the shots on offense.

I have alot of respect for Cable and what he accomplished with the Raiders, but he's not head coach material. I'll be surprised if he ever gets another head coaching gig, at any level.

At least he keeps his old lady in check, more than I can say for most of you fags.

Go Raiders!!!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It's good to see you again, too, JT.

I know some Raider fans were really bent out of shape when Cable was fired, but I think we've improved our coaching staff by replacing him with Hue - and adding Al Saunders.

Cable wasn't much, imo.
He'll never get even a sniff at a head NFL job again, and he only got the Oakland job because Al wasn't able to hire anyone else.
He's an O-Line coach.

Cable coached 44 games and his team was blown out (loss by 10 pts or more) 15 times.
We all saw it.
The teams he coached were either unprepared, or just got beat down.
In fact, some of the games he coached were among THE worst beatings any Raider teams have ever taken.

The Tennessee opener last year. 38-13. MegaUGLY.
The Pittsburgh beating. 35-3. Shit.
The game the next week v. Miami, a BIG game - we sucked ass and somehow didn't show up.

In '09 - the Giants thumped us 44-7.
The Jets shitpacked us 38-0.
Dallas toyed with us on Turkey day 24-7 in a game that wasn't nearly that close.

In '08, the Saints reamed us 34-3.
Atlants beat us 24-0, in a TOTAL statistical wipe-out. I've never seen anything like it, and that was prolly THE worst Raider beating ever. TOTAL embarassment.
SD snot-kicked us 34-7.

We're crying over losing Cable?

He went 17-27.

C'mon, man.

I agree with 'fold.
We took off on offense last year in large part due to Hue Jackson's smarts and energy.

Time will tell, but I think he's going to be our best head coach since Gruden.
I like the way he is running training camp.
PHYSICAL.
And the guy has energy out the ass.

We're going to score pts again, and I just can't see our young, up-and-coming defense having the rug pulled out from under it because it lost one cornerback.

Don't see us going 2-8 outside the division again.
We'll do better.

Also don't think we'll be lucky enought to go 6-0 inside the division again.

But overall, I think we'll have a better team this year than last.
Will it exceed 8-8?

Don't know.
The schedule is more difficult.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Will it exceed 8-8?

Don't know.
5-11
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sirfindafold wrote:At least he keeps his old lady in check, more than I can say for most of you fags
You would say that, you piece of shit. Go get your head blown off in a botched armed robbery.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Al signs K. Boss to replace Z. Miller.

Nice!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Al signs K. Boss to replace Z. Miller.

Nice!
Who gives a fuck? It's still a net loss.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If it is a 'net loss,' it is very minor.

Boss is slightly younger, bigger, blocks better, and has scored more TDs, and has a higher yds-per-catch avg.
Miller has caught more balls.

A net loss would have been not finding a legit replacement for Miller.

Boss is certainly a very legit replacement.

Props to Al for landing the boss man.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:
A net loss would have been not finding a legit replacement for Miller.

Boss is certainly a very legit replacement.
You didn't. Miller is a better tight end. That isn't even arguable. So what have you gained? At the most rosy, optimistic best, you've done nothing but tread water.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote: So what have you gained?
A tight end that can actually block. That's about it.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote: So what have you gained?
A Super Bowl champion tight end who was instrumental in helping his team beat an 18-0 pats squad. A TE so talented he made an in his prime Jeremy Shockey expendable. A younger TE who had nearly the same fucking offensive numbers as Miller while being the 3rd/4th option on his team instead of the 1st/2nd like Miller at half the damn price.....and without the concussion problem (Zach has 3 that we KNOW ABOUT). A much much better blocker and a bigger target at 6'7" and 270 pounds.

Face it, fucksquirt-your faggot powder blue and piss colored polechokers are going to get thier shit pushed in yet again en route to another sweep, and there isnt a fucking thing you can do about it. Enjoy the inevitable silver and black high pressured faceblast-I know Raider Nation will.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

a good signing but I agree Miller was a better offensive weapon.It would have been nice to have gotten Floyd too but he and Rivers developed good chemistry last season.And can someone explain why McFadden was using his face to block a defender?Someone get him one of those Rip Hamilton masks.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:So what have you gained? At the most rosy, optimistic best, you've done nothing but tread water.
I'm not selling that we've gained much, if anything, at TE.

JT was lamenting Al fucking up by having Miller leave, and yeah, it would have hurt us not to replace him with someone legit, because Campbell NEEDS a check-down security blanket, imo.

But we've at least added a solid player in Miller's spot - and as James accurately noted, at a cheaper price, and with Super Bowl experience.

It seems to me that Boss fits well with what we are building.
He's a strong blocker - and we're going to be a run-first team.

This is a relief.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

JT wrote:can someone explain why McFadden was using his face to block a defender?
It's because he's a friggin' BAD-ASS.

McFadden is old school and I LOVE it.

Easily the best all-around Raider back since M. Allen.

He runs his ass off - 4.6 yds per carry for his career.
He punishes defenders as if he's modeling himself after W. Payton.
He's ---> fast.
He's elusive.
He's a terrific natural receiver.
He's a helluva blocker who seems to like it - and takes pride in it.
He's a team guy who hasn't had any off-field trouble at all in Oakland.

If he can keep himself in one piece for 16 games, we're looking at a guy who could be put on the short list of the very best backs in the league.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Raydah James wrote:Face it, fucksquirt-your faggot powder blue and piss colored polechokers are going to get thier shit pushed in yet again en route to another sweep, and there isnt a fucking thing you can do about it. Enjoy the inevitable silver and black high pressured faceblast-I know Raider Nation will.
NOW football is officially back. :lol:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:If he can keep himself in one piece for 16 games,
Well there's a first time for everything, I guess.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

JaMarcus Russell 2.0 drafted 3rd by the Raiders.
No 2nd 3rd or 4th round picks for next years draft. Good god.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

The Assassin wrote:JaMarcus Russell 2.0 drafted 3rd by the Raiders.
:?:

Is guaranteed a fraction of what Jawalrus made.
3rd round pick vs. 1st overall
Somewhat coherent
will be developed by Hue and Al Saunders vs. the Wifebeater
runs a 4.4

p.s. third and fourth round compensatory picks forthcoming for the loss of Nnamdi, Gallery and Miller to free agency.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sirfindafold wrote:runs a 4.4
:lol:

Fucking idiot.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Sirfindafold wrote:runs a 4.4
:lol:

Fucking idiot.
Pryor ran a 4.36 40-yard dash at his pro day on Saturday, which would have been the fourth-fastest at this year's combine.

go fuck yourself.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well, I hope Pryor makes it as a terrific Raider QB, but let's just say I am in skeptics corner.
At this point, I look at this as another one of those "Poor Al just can't help himself" moments.

Yeah, you could maybe say, "Hey, it's not the worst thing in the world."
All they did was burn a 3rd rounder for a developmental QB.

Sure, yeah, maybe.

But for starters, do you know when the last successful young QB was 'groomed' by the Raiders?
I do think you go back to Ken Staber (early '70s - 40 years ago LOL) to find that.

So they're going to develop this raw kid with big physical ability?

Good luck.

I dunno.
Maybe he can be a big threat from the wildcat or some shit like that.

Al's always had a fantasy of fielding a team full of superior physical specimens who can just step out and DESTROY opponents based on that fact alone.

He HAS had some hits with these sort of 'unorthodox' moves - but I think he's failed more often.

There's chatter that Pryor (who seriously is very gifted physically) can be used at another position.

Well, really?

Do position changes work out that often?

As always, I hope for the best and I'll cheer the kid now that he's joined the dark side.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sirfindafold wrote:
The Assassin wrote:JaMarcus Russell 2.0 drafted 3rd by the Raiders.
:?:

runs a 4.4
Since when is running a 4.4 an asset for a QB? Oh that's right, he's Michael Vick 2.0, or more likely Darrius Heyward-Bey 2.0. :doh:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:There's chatter that Pryor (who seriously is very gifted physically) can be used at another position.

Well, really?

Do position changes work out that often?
Sure. An "athletic" QB can play receiver in the pros.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I can't think of many. Antwaan Randle El was a great option QB at Indiana, who turned into a pretty decent player in the NFL as a WR/Athlete.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IMO the athletic college QBs know that they can have a long and successful career in the NFL as wideouts/athletes, but they also know the BIG money is at NFL QB, so they hold out as much as possible to make it as a QB. Like Randal El, good and serviceable, but he never made the "huge" money. Although he was awful at the end of his Skins tenure.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Blue wrote:I can't think of many. Antwaan Randle El was a great option QB at Indiana, who turned into a pretty decent player in the NFL as a WR/Athlete.
*Ahem.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Is he still in the NFL? I had no idea.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I've never seen a better picture to sum up the Bungals :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:Gallery?
Please.

Missed 6 in '06.

Seahawks LG Robert Gallery was forced from Friday's preseason finale with a sprained knee.
He will undergo an MRI this afternoon. HC Pete Carroll said the injury is "significant enough" that he's unsure of Gallery's status for Week 1. The Seahawks' offensive line has been a mess all preseason, so it would be quite a blow were they to lose their new left guard just eight days before the start of the season.

We're better off going forward without Gallery and his perpetually strained vagina.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Is he still in the NFL?
Sort of. He's in Buffalo.