2 players

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

2 players

Post by Killian »

What two guys on your team (one from offense and defense) will the rest of us know about by the middle of the season?

For ND, I would have to say on defense it will be NT Louis Nix. Kid was a 4/5 star recruit who redshirted last year and actually committed to ND after Weis was fired and before Kelly was hired. A ton of physical talent, his biggest issue will be endurance. If he can play 35+ snaps a game, ND will be in great shape along the Dline.

On offense, TE Tyler Eifert is probably the guy. OLineman are too under the radar, and Eifert played very well after Kyle Rudolph went down. If another receiver steps up to go with Floyd, Eifert will see a lot of benefit over the middle of the field.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: 2 players

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm going to put a slightly different twist on this.

Two guys that you should know about right now:

Defense: #99 DT Jerel Worthy
Absolute wrecking ball up front. Projected to be one of the top DTs taken in next year's draft if he decides to leave early.

Offense: #82 WR Keshawn Martin
All-purpose playmaker. Scored at least one touchdown 5 different ways last year: rushing, receiving, throwing, kick return, and punt return.

Two guys that you could know mid season:

Defense: #2 DE William Gholston
5-star recruit who saw action on 3rd downs last year as a freshman. At 6'7", a freak physically, and a season under his belt plus time in the weight room could equal a big year.

Offense: #13 WR Bennie Fowler
Big play guy who performed well last year in limited action. Caught the fake punt against Northwestern vs double coverage that kept MSU in the game.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I like that twist.

Two guys you should know:

LT Zach Martin. In his first year as a starter, he anchored ND's oline that kept people off of Rees later in the year. Only a RS Soph in 2011, should be very, very good.

FS Harrison Smith. Had close to 100 tackles last year and led the team in interceptions with 7. Made the game clincher against USC and had 3 against Miami. Bounced between LB and S with Weis, found a home at FS under Kelly. If the kid stays healthy, he will be a 2nd round draft pick.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

You should know:

WR Ryan Broyles - Barring injury Broyles will likely not just brake but shatter the NCAA career receptions record. He already holds ten different receiving school records. Has over 3,400 yards receiving during his career already.

LB Travis Lewis - Has been a consensus all conference selection every year of his career. Has 360 career tackles at OU.

Two you probably will know:

WR Kenny Stills - This was a really difficult choice because Oklahoma is so loaded on offense and I literally flipped a coin between him and FB Trey Millard. Set two freshman receiving records at OU last season, quietly had seven games with 70 yards or more last season while living in Ryan Broyles shadow. Consensus Freshman all american last season. More of a true wide out unlike Broyles who is a true slot. Probably Oklahoma's most dangerous threat over the top. Has some serious speed. When teams key on Ryan Broyles, Stills makes them pay dearly deep.

DE/LB Ronnell Lewis - Probably the hardest hitter I have ever seen, when he lays the wood you feel it and expect to seen splinters flying. He ate Nebraska's lunch last year in the Big 12 title game; the entire second half belonged to him.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The two that should be known:

Offense - Johnathon Franklin (RB)

Defense - Datone Jones (DE)

Two that could be known:

Offense - Nelson Rosario (SE)

Defense - Patrick Larimore (MLB)
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Carson