hey Mucho

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

hey Mucho

Post by King Crimson »

what are you hearing about Darrell Scott?

curious.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: hey Mucho

Post by MuchoBulls »

He'll be either the #1 or #2 RB for us. Was slowed a bit early in the spring by a hamstring injury, but he looked pretty impressive in our spring game breaking a couple of nice runs.

Physical runner, which we need desperately. Our OL has a couple of new starters, but they did play a bit last season, so Darrell should be able to produce. Keeping fingers crossed that he stays injury free.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MuchoBulls wrote:He'll be either the #1 or #2 RB for us. Was slowed a bit early in the spring by a hamstring injury, but he looked pretty impressive in our spring game breaking a couple of nice runs.

Physical runner, which we need desperately. Our OL has a couple of new starters, but they did play a bit last season, so Darrell should be able to produce. Keeping fingers crossed that he stays injury free.
thanks for the info. it's unclear these days (with a lot of sketchy stuff coming out about Hawkins)....if DS got a real shot, or what the deal really was (Hawkins said he had injuries when it turns it he didn't). he did come in out of shape his FR year because of a math credit he had to finish over the summer...so, right into the doghouse with his position coach Darian Hagan. kid showed some flashes but never got many touches. and his uncle (a year or two older) who was kind of his role model--for better or worse--transferred to UCLA and DS sort of checked out. but i never heard anyone say he was a bad kid. Hawkins tried to suggest that Darrell had a sense of entitlement and didn't work hard enough....but, like i say, Hawkins said a lot of stuff that turns wasn't true about kids "requesting" position changes, team votes, etc. weird info control. i hope Scott can have success these last two years and win some games for the Bulls.

while the Hawkins era was entertaining in its way....i wouldn't wish that guy on anyone as a football coach.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

He has worked hard since he's gotten here and he did drop some weight. I was a little worried when he got hurt so early in spring practice, but he did end the spring very well. He does have some a load of talent, but one thing I think he lacks (probably because of injuries) is break away speed. He had a couple of big runs in the spring game where he could have taken it for a TD, but opted to try and run over the defender (not that I minded that).
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

How has Terrance Mitchell looked? I saw him play in HS whenI went back to Hillsborough for a few games. I thought he would make a great corner and was disappointed he decommitted from FSU. I understand that USF needed more explosive players at the skill position on Offense, so I was wondering what the transition would be like for him.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mitchell will be staying on offense. I would expect we find ways to get the ball to him more often this season. He had a real nice end around for a TD against Pitt last season. The QB's threw more to him in the spring, so he'll be more involved this season. Too much speed to not have the ball in his hands.

He was the punt returner last season and I would expect him to stay there as well.