BREAKING NEWS! Amy winehouse dead at 27

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

BREAKING NEWS! Amy winehouse dead at 27

Post by bradhusker »

OMG, I almost drove off the highway when this nuggett of news hit my airwaves.

Amy winehouse found dead in her London flat, of an apparant drug overdose!!!! at the young age of 27, another brilliant blues artist dead so young.

she shoulda went to rehab, but she said no...no.....no.....
just sayin'
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Amy winehouse dead at 27

Post by BSmack »

This is about as shocking as Buttsy reaching for another twinkie.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

but sad nonetheless.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Brad-midwest-cornfed-husker.....traumatized by the death of Amy Winehouse....

:?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jeff in SD
Elwood

Post by Jeff in SD »

Sounds good to me, one less drug addict that wastes away their talent.
mvscal wrote:That's because you're inhaling black cock faster than your fat wife inhales cheesecakes.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:
BSmack wrote:This is about as shocking as Buttsy reaching for another twinkie.
I can't eat those things. They've got enough sugar in them to kill me after having just one, so....
Well then whatever you reach for that helps you stay so svelte.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And of course she died at 27 -- all the drug-addled musicians do.

Robert Johnson
Brian Jones
Jimi
Janis
Morrison
Cobain
Pigpen
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Papa Willie wrote:She seemed exactly like the type that would plan it this way and do it on purpose, to.
To what? :wink:
"I see everything twice!"
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

over/under on the number of different drugs she had in her system at the time of her demise?

I'm guessing 3...er 4
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:over/under on the number of different drugs she had in her system at the time of her demise?

I'm guessing 3...er 4
i'll go with the smart money and say over.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

as for it being sad, uhhhh, no, not even a little. rich junkies checking out is pretty close to "feel good story" material.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

not sure pigpen really belongs in that list.

tough news for deadheads...but really?

donna godcheaux did suck and i loved Easy Wind.....or was that Bobby.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:rich junkies checking out is pretty close to "feel good story" material.
To a moron, I suppose.

There's nothing anusing about addiction or death.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

War Wagon wrote:There's nothing anusing ...
Watch yer cornhole, it's about to get amusing.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Somebody just won their Death Pool.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

socal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:There's nothing anusing ...
Watch yer cornhole, it's about to get amusing.
yikes, that was a pretty bad typo.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:not sure pigpen really belongs in that list.
Prominant musician who died at 27.

What part of that are you struggling with?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
King Crimson wrote:not sure pigpen really belongs in that list.
Prominant musician who died at 27.

What part of that are you struggling with?

not a struggle.

Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Robert Johnson....are legends of rock and roll/blues. even Cobain.

pigpen is a prominent musician. not a legend. he's maybe 4th in the GD pecking order behind Jerry, Bob, Phil....at best.

not to get yer hippie vibe in a pantie bunch....but i think you can see the diff.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I see the whole 27 Club thing is flying over your head.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

But it's only a 'club' when it's exclusive. Including 'PigPen' makes it more of a 'general admission, state fair 27'
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:But it's only a 'club' when it's exclusive. Including 'PigPen' makes it more of a 'general admission, state fair 27'
Pigpen was the original keyboard player for one of the greatest live acts in history. Yea, that makes him worthy of being in the 27 Club.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

And the fans of 'one of the greatest live acts in history' fucked up the turf at Rich Stadium after a concert. Does this make Frank Reich a member of 'club 27'?

No.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, being in the band that sold the most concert tickets in history (by far) doesn't make you "prominent."

Whatever.

Dude gets points for blowing up his liver at age 27 -- no easy feat.

BTW:

Louis Chauvin March 26, 1908 Neurosyphilitic sclerosis. Ragtime musician
Robert Johnson August 16, 1938 Unknown, but typically credited to strychnine poisoning. Bluesman. Recorded very famous and influential set of 29 songs that influenced many famous musicians after him, considered the first of the 27 club.

Nat Jaffe August 5, 1945 Result of complications from high blood pressure. Blues musician.

Jesse Belvin February 6, 1960 Car crash. R&B singer and songwriter.

Rudy Lewis May 20, 1964 Drug overdose. Vocalist of The Drifters.

Malcolm Hale October 31, 1968 Carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty space heater. Original member of Spanky and Our Gang.

Dickie Pride March 26, 1969 Overdose of sleeping pills. British rock and roll singer.

Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson September 3, 1970 Barbiturate overdose, possible suicide. Leader, singer and primary composer of Canned Heat.

Arlester "Dyke" Christian March 13, 1971 Shot. Frontman and vocalist of Dyke & the Blazers.

Linda Jones March 14, 1972 Diabetic coma. R&B singer.

Les Harvey May 3, 1972 Electrocution by live microphone after touching it with his wet hands. Guitarist for Stone the Crows.

Ron "Pigpen" McKernan March 8, 1973 Gastrointestinal hemorrhage associated with alcoholism. Founding member, keyboardist and singer of the Grateful Dead.

Roger Lee Durham July 27, 1973 Fell off a horse and died from the injuries. Singer and percussionist of Bloodstone.

Wallace Yohn August 12, 1974 Died in a plane crash along with three other band members. Organ player of Chase.

Dave Alexander February 10, 1975 Pulmonary edema. Bassist for the Stooges.

Pete Ham April 24, 1975 Suicide by hanging. Keyboardist and guitarist, leader of Badfinger.

Gary Thain December 8, 1975 Drug overdose. Former bassist of Uriah Heep and The Keef Hartley Band.

Cecilia August 2, 1976 Car crash Spanish singer

Helmut Köllen May 3, 1977 Carbon monoxide poisoning. Bassist with 1970s German prog rock band Triumvirat.

Chris Bell December 27, 1978 Car crash: ran into a telephone pole. Singer-songwriter and guitarist of power pop band Big Star and solo.

Jacob Miller March 23, 1980 Car crash. Jamaican reggae artist and lead singer for Inner Circle.

D. Boon December 22, 1985 Lying down in the back of a van when it veered off road, he was ejected from the vehicle and broke his neck. Guitarist, lead singer of punk band the Minutemen.

Alexander Bashlachev February 17, 1988 Suicide by jumping. Russian poet, rock musician and songwriter.

Jean-Michel Basquiat August 12, 1988 Speedball overdose. Painter and graffiti artist; formed the band Gray.

Pete de Freitas June 14, 1989 Motorcycle wreck on his way back from filming a music video. Drummer for Echo & the Bunnymen
Mia Zapata July 7, 1993 Murdered. Lead singer of the Gits.

Kristen Pfaff June 16, 1994 Officially ruled as an accidental heroin overdose. Bass guitarist for Hole and Janitor Joe.

Richey James Edwards c. February 1, 1995 Disappeared; officially presumed dead November 23, 2008. Lyricist and guitarist for Manic Street Preachers

Stretch November 30, 1995 Shot Rapper

Fat Pat February 3, 1998 Shot. Rapper and member of Screwed Up Click.

Freaky Tah March 28, 1999 Shot. Rapper and member of the hip hop group Lost Boyz.

Sean Patrick McCabe August 28, 2000 Asphyxiated on vomit after ingesting too much alcohol. Lead singer of Ink & Dagger.

Rodrigo Bueno June 24, 2000 Car accident Argentinian Cuarteto singer.

Maria Serrano Serrano November 24, 2001 Plane crash. Background singer for Passion Fruit.

Jeremy Michael Ward May 25, 2003 Heroin overdose. The Mars Volta and De Facto sound manipulator.

Bryan Ottoson April 19, 2005 Prescription drug overdose. Guitarist for American Head Charge.

Valentín Elizalde November 25, 2006 Murdered. Mexican banda singer.

Orish Grinstead c. April 20, 2008 Kidney failure. Founding member of '90s R&B group 702.
Lily Tembo September 14, 2009 Severe gastritis. Zambian musician.

Amy Winehouse
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote: Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson September 3, 1970 Barbiturate overdose, possible suicide. Leader, singer and primary composer of Canned Heat.
Nobody puts Blind Owl in the corner.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

D.Boon > pigpen
"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Pigpen undoubtedly makes it into club 27, but, he's not a gold member.

If you ask "who?" when a person's name is mentioned, said person is not a "gold member". a non-deadhead is quite likely to reply that way when his name comes up. i think bob johnson is in the same category. he is a HUGE influence, but, not exactly a recognizable name as are Jimi, Jim and Janis.

Club 27 gold members:

Jimi-president
Jim Morrison-treasurer
Janis-vp
Cobain-Only gold member who's name doesn't begin with J.
hmmmmmmm.
coincidence?
i think not.
Notice the same letter begins the word Jew?

let's turd, your "thoughts"?

Winehouse may make gold status today simply because of the recognition she had for her substance abuse and inevitability of going this route. She isn't even close to making it on her mucical body of work. Janis joplin, she ain't. Not even close.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

King Crimson wrote:D.Boon > pigpen
How do you figure? If I didn't post here, I wouldn't even know who The Minutemen WERE. And after watching We Jam Econo on the advice of PSU, my take on D. Boon and The Minutemen is that they were barely listenable. They had a couple of songs on their last album that showed that had D. Boon been wearing a seat belt they might have become listenable. But I'll put the first few dead albums and the thousands of hours of live material that Pigpen did before his liver blew out against anything D. Boon ever did.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

smackaholic wrote:Pigpen undoubtedly makes it into club 27, but, he's not a gold member.

If you ask "who?" when a person's name is mentioned, said person is not a "gold member". a non-deadhead is quite likely to reply that way when his name comes up. i think bob johnson is in the same category. he is a HUGE influence, but, not exactly a recognizable name as are Jimi, Jim and Janis.

Club 27 gold members:

Jimi-president
Jim Morrison-treasurer
Janis-vp
Cobain-Only gold member who's name doesn't begin with J.
hmmmmmmm.
coincidence?
i think not.
Notice the same letter begins the word Jew?

let's turd, your "thoughts"?

Winehouse may make gold status today simply because of the recognition she had for her substance abuse and inevitability of going this route. She isn't even close to making it on her mucical body of work. Janis joplin, she ain't. Not even close.
ur right, she isnt janis joplin, HOWEVER, that being said, her album didnt win the grammy for nothin' I'll tell you that right up front, punk
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

BSmack wrote:
King Crimson wrote:D.Boon > pigpen
How do you figure? If I didn't post here, I wouldn't even know who The Minutemen WERE. And after watching We Jam Econo on the advice of PSU, my take on D. Boon and The Minutemen is that they were barely listenable. They had a couple of songs on their last album that showed that had D. Boon been wearing a seat belt they might have become listenable. But I'll put the first few dead albums and the thousands of hours of live material that Pigpen did before his liver blew out against anything D. Boon ever did.
i guess you were lucky i didn't take Chris Bell, then, too.

because i would have had i seen it. maybe partying will help?

i like the Dead, i'm not a hater....but like i say above, pp is #4 in the GD pecking order. JG is gone, Bobby and Phil are still around....PP is #4 at best.
"
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Oh "husker" give it a rest. Are you ready to be outed as a total fraud on this skank fraud as well as Elvis? Hmmm... the blotto drugged out bleary cancelled tour oh-fuck-I'm-dead similarities are there. But you're a complete fake from jump street. What's up with that?
Before God was, I am
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

King Crimson wrote:i guess you were lucky i didn't take Chris Bell, then, too.

because i would have had i seen it. maybe partying will help?
Combo Chris Bell with those guys from Badfinger who offed themselves and you might have a fair comparison.
i like the Dead, i'm not a hater....but like i say above, pp is #4 in the GD pecking order. JG is gone, Bobby and Phil are still around....PP is #4 at best.
#4 in the GD pecking order is still light years ahead of wherever D. Boon is.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Oh "husker" give it a rest. Are you ready to be outed as a total fraud on this skank fraud as well as Elvis? Hmmm... the blotto drugged out bleary cancelled tour oh-fuck-I'm-dead similarities are there. But you're a complete fake from jump street. What's up with that?
dude, YOU are the biggest fraud fake phoney ever to come in here. Everything you say is either false, or spun to make it sound like you have a clue, YET you are the biggest clueless idiot this board has ever seen!!!!!!!!!

How is it that youve made it this far in life? NO WAIT, let me guess, HUGE DICK SUCKING SKILLS? thats gotta be it!!!
cause if not for that talent, you'd have been cremated a long time ago.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Forget it, fakewad, yer done...

You had ONE CHANCE..and you totally froze and failed..

Winebitch is nothing, was nothing, and will fade quicker than you can remember--which is about two minutes. Get it?
Before God was, I am
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Forget it, fakewad, yer done...

You had ONE CHANCE..and you totally froze and failed..

Winebitch is nothing, was nothing, and will fade quicker than you can remember--which is about two minutes. Get it?
ONE CHANCE? for what? to become a skilled dicksucker like you? no thanks fairy, I'll pass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:Somebody just won their Death Pool.
I had taken her every year since 2008 except for this year, I didn't see a Death Pool in this sordid clambake for 2011.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Overrated and unattractive is no way to go through life. She took care of that. Props to her.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson September 3, 1970 Barbiturate overdose, possible suicide. Leader, singer and primary composer of Canned Heat.
Nobody puts Blind Owl in the corner.

I guess he went up the country.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You've heard of the Navajo Code Talkers?

Meet the Old Hippie Code Talkers.