will be fisted this season

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

will be fisted this season

Post by poptart »

Chicago: Overall lack of talent. Guntler may post some pretty big passing days in a losing effort from time-to-time, though. One of the NFC's worst teams.

Buffalo: Also lacking in overall talent. Awful defense. Destined to draft top 5 in 2011.

Indianapolis: A relative fisting. Super Bowl losing team hangover. Manning is overdue for a year of injury. Call it a hunch that he goes down and misses some games. About .500 this year for the Clots.

Kansas City: Bad defense, little offensive firepower, and Tardd Haley will be good for a handful of head-scratching game decision blunders. He will entertain with post-game comments, however. Be doing well to win 6 games.

Philadelphia: Also a relative fisting. Will find that they miss McNubb more than they thought. Young team. The NFC East is not that easy. Prolly win 7 or 8 games, max.

Discuss.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: will be fisted this season

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Buffalo: Also lacking in overall talent. Awful defense. Destined to draft top 5 in 2011.
The defense is not so much lacking in talent as it is struggling to adapt to the 3-4 Chan Gailey has switched them to. At some time this season they will see if it is really a lack of talent or if the light starts turning on for some of these guys and they start playing up to their draft positions.

In the meantime, I'll be hoping that they don't get better before November 28th when the Steelers are scheduled to fist them in Buffalo.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oakland: Still run by Al Davis. That is all.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

poptart wrote:Chicago: Overall lack of talent. Guntler may post some pretty big passing days in a losing effort from time-to-time, though. One of the NFC's worst teams.
And living in this town I am going to love every minute of it. There is nothing funnier than listening to diehard Bear fans melting HARD. They're realistic though, unlike Cub fans, who genuinely believe they're going to win the Central every season.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Norv Turner. At some point.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:Kansas City: Bad defense, little offensive firepower, and Tardd Haley will be good for a handful of head-scratching game decision blunders. He will entertain with post-game comments, however. Be doing well to win 6 games.

Discuss.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Clearly hasn't watch this team yet.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote:
poptart wrote:Kansas City: Bad defense, little offensive firepower, and Tardd Haley will be good for a handful of head-scratching game decision blunders. He will entertain with post-game comments, however. Be doing well to win 6 games.

Discuss.
No doubt. The Queefs will be doing well to win four games.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

...so where do the other 12 losses come from after Monday Night, Loser?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:
Paul wrote:

Discuss.
No doubt. The Queefs will be doing well to win four games.
Really? Please explain.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nothing I've seen in the preseason would lead me to believe that KC will win more than 5 games. I've seen flashes of potential but more often than not I've seen the same ineptitude I've watched for the past several years.

Clearly, this team is still a work in progress and it pains me to have to admit it. Haley has not grown into the job yet and may never before he gets run. While I'd love to run smack about how we're going to roll the Blots on Sept. 13th, the memory of the thrashing they gave us last year at home is still too vivid.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

poptart wrote:Philadelphia: Also a relative fisting. Will find that they miss McNubb more than they thought. Young team. The NFC East is not that easy. Prolly win 7 or 8 games, max.

Discuss.

I see an 8-8 season for them, but is that really considered a fisting? It's a whoole bunch of new players Reid brought in and this new ship has potential to win or lose 11 games. 8-8 seems plausible, but I think 9-7 is more likely. Kolb, McCoy, Celek, Jackson, and Maclin will be a punchy group on offense. On defense, they look better than expected. If Ernie Simms returns to his old form, then that front 7 can be dangerous.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul wrote:

Discuss.
How does KC Paul's assessment differ from poptart's?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:
Paul wrote:

Discuss.
How does KC Paul's assessment differ from poptart's?
The Chiefs' defense looked really good against the Iggle's 1st string offense on Friday night....except for a couple of long runs they allowed. Yes, still a work in progress, BUT they got after the QB big time (5 sacks) and didn't allow a deep ball to one of their outside speedsters.

I would also disagree on the "offensive firepower"....the Chiefs have TWO 1k yard backs at their disposal, and the way Jackie Battle is running the ball he can be argued as a potential 3rd 1K back. Dex McCluster is proving to be a very versatile weapon out of the backfield or in the slot, Dwayne Bowe looks like he FINALLY gets it, and Chris Chambers is a solid #2 WR. Charlie Weis has shown NOTHING offensively thus far in the preseason other than a flea-flicker in the 3rd quarter against the Iggles, so I'm reserving judgement on them until the Monday nighter against the Blots.

Still not sure about Todd Haley, but it's clear that he's not trying to do everything by himself this year and letting his hired staff do their jobs. 6-9 wins this year should be pretty easy to do for this bunch.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Paul wrote: Charlie Weis has shown NOTHING offensively thus far.

Agreed. Dude showed nothing at ND and benefited from Belicheats cameras at NE.

3-13
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Paul wrote:The Chiefs' defense looked really good against the Iggle's 1st string offense on Friday night....except for a couple of long runs they allowed. Yes, still a work in progress, BUT they got after the QB big time (5 sacks) and didn't allow a deep ball to one of their outside speedsters.

I would also disagree on the "offensive firepower"....the Chiefs have TWO 1k yard backs at their disposal, and the way Jackie Battle is running the ball he can be argued as a potential 3rd 1K back. Dex McCluster is proving to be a very versatile weapon out of the backfield or in the slot, Dwayne Bowe looks like he FINALLY gets it, and Chris Chambers is a solid #2 WR. Charlie Weis has shown NOTHING offensively thus far in the preseason other than a flea-flicker in the 3rd quarter against the Iggles, so I'm reserving judgement on them until the Monday nighter against the Blots.

Still not sure about Todd Haley, but it's clear that he's not trying to do everything by himself this year and letting his hired staff do their jobs. 6-9 wins this year should be pretty easy to do for this bunch.

Haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw!
Fair enough, Sir!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Paul wrote: BUT they got after the QB big time (5 sacks) and didn't allow a deep ball to one of their outside speedsters.
You do know that DeShawn Jackson injured his back on the 2nd play of the game and didn't play the rest of the game?

In addition the Eagles were using their 4th string center with their starting unit for the latter part of the 1st half?

I wouldn't put much stock in what the Chiefs did against the Eagles given the injuries the Eagles were dealing with at some key positions.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

poptart wrote: Philadelphia: Also a relative fisting. Will find that they miss McNubb more than they thought. Young team. The NFC East is not that easy. Prolly win 7 or 8 games, max.
Discuss.
The Iggles are having the same issues in pre-season that they had with McNabb during the his tenure with the team- Red Zone offense. The Mike Vick gimmick is up and it's going to continue to be a distraction to a young offensive unit since Vick still refuses to go through his progressions and instead wants to play backyard football.

I think 9 wins is their max for this year but an 8-8 season is more realisitic. Is that a fisting? Not for a team that's going young but still stocked with some skilled players at key positions. I think the defense will be better than advertised, especially if Ernie Sims continues the way he's been playing in camp. They also got better just by getting Stewart Bradley back. But if their front 4 can't get pressure, the lack of a decent safety is going to put a lot of pressure on their CBs.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

An Andre the Giant type fisting would be appropriate for the Boys.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

They looked awful against Houston, but it is preseason. I'm sure the boys will be fine.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

DallasFanatic wrote:An Andre the Giant type fisting would be appropriate for the Boys.

The NFC East will be won by either the Eagles or Cowboys. Whatever flaws you and Jim see in your respective teams are probably not as bad as the Giant's apparent lack of interest in football. So it will probably be a two-team, rather than a three-team race for the division title this season.

velocet
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

velocet wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:An Andre the Giant type fisting would be appropriate for the Boys.

The NFC East will be won by either the Eagles or Cowboys. Whatever flaws you and Jim see in your respective teams are probably not as bad as the Giant's apparent lack of interest in football. So it will probably be a two-team, rather than a three-team race for the division title this season.

velocet
At least the Skins should not have to worry about a fisting this season. A real coach and QB should be worth at least 2-3 wins, so 6-10 to 8-8. Sad how much of an improvement that is.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

jiminphilly wrote:
Paul wrote: BUT they got after the QB big time (5 sacks) and didn't allow a deep ball to one of their outside speedsters.
You do know that DeShawn Jackson injured his back on the 2nd play of the game and didn't play the rest of the game?

In addition the Eagles were using their 4th string center with their starting unit for the latter part of the 1st half?

I wouldn't put much stock in what the Chiefs did against the Eagles given the injuries the Eagles were dealing with at some key positions.
Either that, or the Iggles just won't be very damn good this season.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

poptart wrote:
Buffalo: Also lacking in overall talent. Awful defense. Destined to draft top 1 in 2011.

fixed
why is my neighborhood on fire
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

NE's defense will probably be in the bottom 10 for pts allowed... they were already thin heading into pre-season, losing two starters in Bodden and Warren won't help.

If you want to make money this year... take the over in all of their games.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:If you want to make money this year... take the over in all of their games.
Can I get all of their games on one parlay card?

Sin,
Dio.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Nice memory. :lol: