Coach's Poll out

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Coach's Poll out

Post by Dinsdale »

Pretty much, for the most part -- all the Usual Suspects.

Too bad for Oregon State -- if they got TCU later in the season, they'd bitch-slap them. But unless Riley changes things this summer, it's hard to ignore his consistent early season failings, before going on that huge run to close the season (which often comes to an end in their last game). Many have attributed this to trying to impliment a much too complicated offensive scheme too early in the season, rather than starting simple and adding as the season progresses. Although in spite of that, TCU vs OS in Cowboy Stadium holds some interest -- bright lights, big vity, huge stage... look for the Rodgers brothers to find an extra gear in their home state, against one of the in-state schools that shunned them. They've had a chip on their diminutive shoulders ever since, and playing in Texas should enlarge that chip.

Yes, I actually root for OS to do well OOC, as I do for 8 other PAC teams... which of course excludes that vile bunch who are our neighbors-to-the-north. Behooves Oregon's SoS.

Only 2 PAC teams on the list (plus one PAC-to-be) -- both the Oregon schools. RACK it.

Oregon would be ranked even higher (like these polls matter), what with returning just about everyone... less that "let's just hand him the Heisman before the season even starts" guy... oops. Well, OK, him, and a couple of DB's that shifted to playing on Sundays. But both the potential replacements at QB have been with the program for multiple years, and have both played well when they've played, and have both improved during the spring/summer. Nate Costas is a very good passer, who has been at Oregon approximately 12 years with his closet full of greyshirts, and Derron Thomas is an electrifying, happy-footed playmaker, along the Dixon lines.

Let's get it on!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Notre Dame 38
Bwahaha
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

That Boise-VT game at FedEx Field is going to be bad ass. Much better than the Navy-MD game in Baltimore.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Must be the affect of having Coach Holtz around because I am shocked we got any votes.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Whoohoo we got A vote. Must have come from Kevin Sumlin.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
SEC! SEC! SEC!
Fuckin' Noob

Post by SEC! SEC! SEC! »

Papa Willie wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/ran ... l/2/week/1

1 Alabama (55)
3 Florida
16 LSU
19 Arkansas
21 Georgia
23 Auburn

Others receiving votes: Mississippi 48, South Carolina 38, Mississippi State 1
That's right BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Papa Willie wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/ran ... l/2/week/1

1 Alabama (55)
2 Ohio State (4)
3 Florida
4 Texas
5 Boise State
6 Virginia Tech
7 TCU
8 Oklahoma
9 Nebraska
10 Iowa
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin
13 Miami (FL)
14 Penn State
15 Pittsburgh
16 LSU
17 Georgia Tech
18 North Carolina
19 Arkansas
20 Florida State
21 Georgia
22 Oregon State
23 Auburn
24 Utah
24 West Virginia

Others receiving votes: Cincinnati 135, Houston 76, Brigham Young 66, Arizona 65, Mississippi 48, Clemson 44, Stanford 41, Connecticut 40, Notre Dame 38, South Carolina 38, Washington 26, Missouri 23, Navy 12, Oklahoma State 11, Boston College 10, Michigan State 10, Arizona State 6, California 6, Texas Tech 5, South Florida 4, Texas A&M 3, Temple 2, Northwestern 2, Mississippi State 1, Nevada 1, Northern Illinois 1, Central Michigan 1, Southern Methodist 1,

Boise might have a shot at it all this year. It's smooth sailing after VT (if they beat them).

Ahh, another meaningless useless pre-season poll where half the teams listed will be gone by mid-season and replaced by teams toward the left coast...as happens year after year after year after year after year.... :meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Coach's Poll Out

What's Karen Cunagin Sypher first step to becoming a millionaire?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote:Whoohoo we got A vote. Must have come from Kevin Sumlin.
:lol:
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I misread the title here and thought of Rick Pitino.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Best moment from the Pitino trial:

http://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/19835030943
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

heard Miles was still out on the 2010 recruitin' trail....has a couple of scholies left .....
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Ninth? A bit too high IMO...but, this poll will mean exactely squat 5 weeks into the season.

Nebraska should have a great year and have a legit shot to finish in the top 5. I'm thinking 1- 2 losses this year and a BCS birth after Texas gets ass-raped twice. Once in Lincoln and once in the CCG.