Your Teams 2010 Season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Your Teams 2010 Season

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Get your fucking asses in here and give your predictions...

THEE Ohio State...

Fuck this shit...the midget better let this team fucking loose this year...one we butt fuck GOLD TOOF U in the mouth during week 2...we roll through the 10...get to the NC Game and then BUTT FUCK BAMA IN THE MOUTH...OSU will pop their SEC cherry against SS's beloved Tide...

FUCKING A...get this shit here already...

Who else is in? SC is IN LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER...
M Club
el capitán

Re: Your Teams 2010 Season

Post by M Club »

is that a real take? thank god the off-season is so fucking long that you've had enough time to forget what a pos pryor is.

michigan will...suck.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Case Keenum will throw for 6000 yards and lead the Cougars to a 11-1 season and a Liberty Bowl appearance after winning the C-USA Championship.

Keenum finishes 2nd in the Heisman voting and single handedly draws enough interest from the alums and the city of Houston to back the funding for a new stadium.

Houston is officially back on the map and Sumlin agrees to stay for another 4 years.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Pass the bong, rumps.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

If Iowa is ever going to make a run for the national title, this should be the year....or will at least have a legit shot at a Big 10 title. The defense should be one of the best in college football and the offense should feature a stable of good running backs that will take some pressure off Stanzi to carry so much of the load. There are some holes to fill on the offensive line but, given Iowa's history with offensive linemen, they should develope into a good unit prior to the start of the conference season. The receiving corps will be as good as Iowa have fielded in a few years, and Stanzi is a proven winner at QB....and Vandenberg has proven to be a capable backup with a huge upside. Could be an absolutely magical season, barring a rash of injuries, but they could also lose a lot of the close games that they pulled out last season. They definitely need to make a January bowl game so that it will shorten the winter months and keep me from watching Iowa basketball.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

We start the season by welcoming Tubberville to Texas by upsetting Tech in Lubbock.
Roll through UAB and WSU both at Ford.
The Toads have to much for SMU but it's a close one. Fraugs win.
Throw all over Rice and Tulsa.
Stangs outscore Navy in a tight one.
Homecoming against Cougar High. I would call it a revenge game but last season the Cougs did us a favor by separating Bo Levi Mitchell's shoulder, thus bringing on the Kyle Padron era on the Hill Top. SMU wins a close one. Definitely take the over no matter what it is. No defense on either side.
Stangs roll over Tulane
Utep puts up a fight at home but Stangs win by double digits.
Last home game of the year againts Marshall. Stangs defense holds off Marshall's running game, To much offense for the herd. Stangs win big.
This sets up the finally at East Carolina. To much size and speed for the Stangs. Pirates in a close one to set up a rematch for CUSA champ game.
SMU wins rematch in a nail- biter

Padron throws for 5k and is finalist for all the post season QB awards.
Hello Liberty Bowl..
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

An 8-4/9-3 Lloyd year would sure be nice right about now. At this point, get them back to being bowl eligible and win the game against State at home. Those would be minimum requirements...I want to get back to being respectable. I have a hard time thinking he's kept another year with anything less than 7 wins. If he pulls an 8 or 9 win year out of his ass, he gets a 4th season. He's coaching for his job...I don't think there's any doubt about it.

Quite frankly...and this very well could happen...if they start 0-2 with losses against UConn and Notre Dame, fire RichRod and begin the courting of Harbaugh immediately. Don't think he's going to be able salvage a season after a slow start because he's closed poorly in both seasons. I'm not going to count the Delaware State game...he's 1-14 after September in his two seasons. That type of shit goes on at Indiana or Northwestern or Minnesota...not Michigan.

My prediction...5-7 with an 0-3 record against Notre Dame, MSU and Ohio State...and the search for a new coach begins.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Go Coogs' wrote:Case Keenum will throw for 6000 yards and lead the Cougars to a 11-1 season and a Liberty Bowl appearance after winning the C-USA Championship.

Keenum finishes 2nd in the Heisman voting and single handedly draws enough interest from the alums and the city of Houston to back the funding for a new stadium.

Houston is officially back on the map and Sumlin agrees to stay for another 4 years.
That's funny, I remember when I had my first beer.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

is this nascent, first ever almost-getting-ready to happen Liberty Bowl smack at BTPCF. I like it.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Badgers picked for third in the Big 10 behind tOSU and the Iowa Cockeyes. I say they beat one of those two and go bowling at 11-1.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I honestly don't know what to expect this season, but here's my best guess . . .

S04 PURDUE A lot of pressure on Kelly to start the season on a winning note. W
S11 MICHIGAN DickRod is in a lot of trouble. W
S18 @ Michigan St. Somewhere along the line, ND is going to lose a game it's supposed to win. Here is as good a place as any to drop that. L
S25 STANFORD Stanford has never beaten ND twice in a row since the series became permanent in 1988. W
O02 @ Boston College This will be a relatively good early-season test for Kelly. This game is Fredo's Super Bowl, and it's on the road this year. The hunch is that Kelly passes this particular test. W
O09 PITTSBURGH A game that could go either way, but for some reason I'm not feeling terribly optimistic about it. L
O16 WESTERN MICHIGAN As much disappointment as there is that they're on the schedule, half the fans in the stadium could be rooting for Screw's alma mater. No worries about the actual game in any event. W
O23 @ Navy (@ NJ) Hasn't beaten us outside of ND Stadium since 1960. And hopefully, we're done losing to them for awhile. W
O30 TULSA No worries here, either. W
N13 UTAH I don't think this year's Utah team is capable of a BCS berth. W
N20 vs. Army (@ Yankee Stadium) No problems here, either. W
N27 @ Southern Cal A tough one to call. 'SC could be reeling from the NCAA sanctions. OTOH, with no bowl appearance they could be looking at this game as their bowl game. The hunch here is that Lane Kitten, the Half Monte, will be Ted Tollner v. 2.0. W

Which puts us at 10-2. That's probably enough to get us a BCS at-large bid. If not, look for the Cotton Bowl to exercise its option on ND in lieu of the Meatgrinder selection.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:Oh...and the best coach on the freakin' planet wins his 3rd BCS trophy.
I can't believe you're picking the Gators
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote:Oh...and the best coach on the freakin' planet wins his 3rd BCS trophy.
The Bear is finally released from his prison of idolatry? There's not enough landfill space on the freakin' planet for all those velvet paintings, framed mirrors and shot glasses with his image on them, so y'all keep that crap in your tool sheds.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Tulsa getting dogged in this thread by SMU fan and ND fan. They have pretty good QB and while they might not be able to stop ND or June Jones, they can score.

i think they could easily beat as lose to SMU (TU is certainly the better program over the last decade) and if the Irish come out flat could have the people at ND stadium thinking about things at halftime.
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Carson wrote:
The Bear is finally released from his prison of idolatry? There's not enough landfill space on the freakin' planet for all those velvet paintings, framed mirrors and shot glasses with his image on them, so y'all keep that crap in your tool sheds.
Being as old as dirt, I can't imagine people not being aware of the Bear. But I've found that a ton of people don't know shit about him...or care.

No big deal to me, but how can a college football fan or a ballplayer not at least know of Bryant? Bo Schembechler, Woody Hayes, John McKay, Bear, Bob Devaney, Chuck Fairbanks, Hayden Fry...all these guys are big names in CFB. How do you not know shit about them? If Paterno had retired 10 years ago, would these people know of him?
Chuck Fairbanks? wha? Bud Wilkinson or at least Switzer, yo.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm going to lay low on predictions this year. The big question mark is MSU's defense. With the installment of the 3-4, it remains to be seen what kind of product will take the field. I can't fathom it could get any worse. The offense will be loaded, so if the D can even ascend to the lofty status of average, then it could be a pretty solid year. Lots of experience coming back everywhere and good young talent.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

King Crimson wrote:Tulsa getting dogged in this thread by SMU fan and ND fan. They have pretty good QB and while they might not be able to stop ND or June Jones, they can score.

i think they could easily beat as lose to SMU (TU is certainly the better program over the last decade) and if the Irish come out flat could have the people at ND stadium thinking about things at halftime.
In all honesty their isn't a game on SMU's schedule that I would pencil in as a sure win. On the same token their isn't a game I would say is a for sure loss with June at the helm. Having followed this team as a kid in glory years of the early to mid 80's, death penalty, as a student and now an alum I never get over excited about SMU football. I am positive this school will eventually do something to screw up any progress that JJ has made.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

King Crimson wrote:Tulsa getting dogged in this thread by SMU fan and ND fan. They have pretty good QB and while they might not be able to stop ND or June Jones, they can score.

Not dogging Tulsa, or at least that wasn't my intent. I have no doubt you know more about them than I do, but there's no way, at least from a talent standpoint, that they should beat ND. If Kelly is the right coach for ND (I think he is, but time will tell), that type of loss will be less common.

Throw in the fact that ND fan got a scare this past offseason about possible superconferences, that most ND fans know ND has to place its football program in a better position quickly to guard against that possibility in the future, as well as the fact that ND now has three failed coaching hires in a row (four if you count O'Leary), and even the last three years of the Holtz era was a disappointment, and I think Kelly realizes that he won't have the luxury of a lot of patience from ND's fanbase. He'll have to impress right away.

As for the Tulsa game, yes, I could see them giving us a scare for one half, particularly if we come out flat. I'm not convinced they can hang with us for sixty minutes, though.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Which puts us at 10-2.
I laughed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wilkinson seemed too far back and Switzer too recent. Don't know why Fairbanks' name popped in my head.
Switzer beat Bo in the 75/76 Orange Bowl, beat Woody in 77 in the Horseshoe (if Sims and Watts don't get hurt, game isn't even close), beat Fry in 79 and tied McKay in 73. Devaney retires in 72, Switzer's first year (after Fairbanks bolts for the Pats and the NFL) is 73.***

Wilkinson (last year at OU is 1963) overlaps with McKay, Bear, and Woody.

***Switzer's record against Paterno, Bowden, Royal, Osborne, Bo and Woody is something like 21-6-1. add Fry and McKay to that and it's 22-6-2.

Fairbanks is a weird case. he had success at OU taking over after the unexpected death of Jim McKenzie who brought Switzer and most of his later staff to OU from Frank Broyles' Arkansas crew. takes the Patriots job, wins some, gets cross-ways with the owner (says wiki) and bails out to the Colorado job. Fairbanks is roundly despised in Boulder. He sucked at CU. They were awful, the punchline being two consecutive home losses to Drake in back to back years. Word is Chuck was boozing pretty hard during his tenure at CU. But, he is hated by most CU fans. was a disciple of the famous Mich State coach....name escapes me.
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
Killian

Post by Killian »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Which puts us at 10-2. That's probably enough to get us a BCS at-large bid. If not, look for the Cotton Bowl to exercise its option on ND in lieu of the Meatgrinder selection.
That's more optimistic than I am right now. I think 9-4 should be the realistic goal for this team. I think the defense is better than people think, now that they are back to the 3-4, and the offense should click and really start to roll by midseason.

S04 PURDUE This is the one team Crist has extensive experience against, so that's a plus. I think they will lean more on the running game and grind out this game. W
S11 MICHIGAN Crist should have 400 yards passing based simply on the fact that Ann Arbor Pioneer likely has a better secondary than the Wolverines. Also, gone is Jon Tenuta's "fuck-you-I'll-stop-the-read-option-with-a-jailbreak-blitz-oh-fuck" defense. Add to that losing Brandon Graham and this game being in Notre Dame, I think ND will win. W
S18 @ Michigan St. This is where the Kelly hire and his philosophies will really be tested. MSU will try to line up and run the ball right down ND's throat. MSU's switch to the 3-4 might mean a high scoring game, but it's in East Lansing, at night. L
S25 STANFORD Harbaugh doesn't have his workhorse back and his defense needs to get a lot better. W
O02 @ Boston College I don't think BC is that talented. ND should be able to move the ball. W
O09 PITTSBURGH Kelly has beaten Wanstache like a rented mule, but I think Pitt's physical offense will beat ND. L
O16 WESTERN MICHIGAN Give me a fucking break. W
O23 @ Navy (@ NJ) I'm guessing Diaco will actually have the dline with closer splits so Navy's QB and FB won't get an automatic 4 yards on 3rd and 2. W
O30 TULSA By now the offense should be humming. W
N13 UTAH Closer than people think. W
N20 vs. Army Great game 60 years ago. Now? Skull fucking. W
N27 @ Southern Cal Still has a ton of talent, and likely can over come Kiffin's "coaching". Would be great to pick up a W here, but I don't see it yet.

Bowl game - Until Kelly proves that he can beat teams that have a month to prepare for his offense, I'll keep this as a loss. L.

So 9-4 is where I think they will end up. With a couple of lucky bounces, I can see a 10-2 regular season. But if Crist struggles or has any lingering effects with his knee, I could also see 7-5 or worse.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think Killian is much more realistic about the Irish than Terry...I'm thinking 8 wins for BK in his first year.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I'm not going to go game by game but the keys for ND this year are obviously how Crist performs coming off the ACL surgery. Can the offensive line actually get in somebody's way to allow for a running back to actually get positive yards? Can the defense that gave up 400 yds a game last year actually stop anyone but their own offense. Coaching changes, system changes and all that bullshit aside. ND actually has had a couple of decent recruiting classes but that talent was not developed under Charlie. Hopefully there's a new energy within this program and they can take advantage of it. They'll score points due to the system but how many will they give up. The defense is going to have to win a game or two during this season. I see between 7-9 wins and a minor bowl berth. If Crist goes down then so do the Irish.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote: Homecoming against Cougar High. I would call it a revenge game but last season the Cougs did us a favor by separating Bo Levi Mitchell's shoulder, thus bringing on the Kyle Padron era on the Hill Top. SMU wins a close one. Definitely take the over no matter what it is. No defense on either side.

Not gonna happen. SMU is a legit threat to UH's shot at a perfect season, but Keenum, Cleveland, Carrier, Beall and Co. won't have the letdown game this season. They left something to be desired last year by losing winnable games.

They actually have a DC who knows how to coach. McGraw and crew won't let a game like UTEP happen again.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Shoalzie wrote:I think Killian is much more realistic about the Irish than Terry...I'm thinking 8 wins for BK in his first year.
We're one game apart, and we picked 11 of 12 games identically. You'll notice I didn't pick a bowl game result, other than where we likely were heading.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Boise State

Sep 6 @Virginia Tech (@Fedex Field) 8:00pm
Sep 18 @Wyoming 8:00pm
Sep 25 Oregon St.
Oct 2 @New Mexico St. 8:00pm
Oct 9 Toledo 8:00pm
Oct 16 @San Jose St. 8:00pm
Oct 26 Louisiana Tech 8:00pm
Nov 6 Hawaii 2:00pm
Nov 12 @Idaho 9:00pm
Nov 19 Fresno St. 9:30pm
Nov 26 @Nevada 10:15pm
Dec 4 Utah St. 3:00pm

Obviously the game that worries me is the VaTech game. BSU hasn't done well against BCS teams on the road, going 0-5 since they joined the WAC in 2001. Rest of the schedule should be winnable, with the Nevada and Fresno St. posing the biggest challenges in BSU's last season in the WAC.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry, I understand this is a prediction thread, and you're entitled to yours, no matter how delusional it may be, but didn't you predict double digit wins for ND last year on the basis of an easy schedule? They wound up winning only 6 games, and with a better team than what they'll be retuning this year, at least in terms of the talent and experience they had on offense. So where do you see 4 extra wins? It's not like the schedule is THAT much easier, and BK is not going to account for 4 more wins all by himself. I definitely see BK bringing ND back to respectability but it's not all going to come together this year.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote: O16 WESTERN MICHIGAN Brian Kelly owns WMU W
Fixed.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Terry, I understand this is a prediction thread, and you're entitled to yours, no matter how delusional it may be, but didn't you predict double digit wins for ND last year on the basis of an easy schedule? They wound up winning only 6 games, and with a better team than what they'll be retuning this year, at least in terms of the talent and experience they had on offense. So where do you see 4 extra wins? It's not like the schedule is THAT much easier, and BK is not going to account for 4 more wins all by himself. I definitely see BK bringing ND back to respectability but it's not all going to come together this year.
Every loss was by a touchdown or less last year. An average coach would have had 9 wins against that schedule simply by beating a below .500 Michigan team and two very average teams that ND was physically superior to in Navy and UConn. If Kelly is the coach that so many make him out to be (ND fans and others), there is no reason why ND shouldn't improve their overall win total by 2-4 games. Hell, even Willingahm was +5 in the win total from '01 to '02 with almost the exact same team.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That was last year. Clausen and Tate aren't walking through that door.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Two late second round draft picks? Who gives a fuck?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That was last year. Clausen and Tate aren't walking through that door.
No, but a defensive coordinator who coaches the 3-4 is, which should make a huge difference with the defense. That was the issue last year, not the offense. Kelly's teams will always score points. Losing Tate was a big blow. Clausen? Not as much for this type of offense.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Two late second round draft picks? Who gives a fuck?
What does the draft have to do with anything in this thread? Are you implying there's no regression from a would-be senior qb who came off a great season to an unproven Dayne Crist?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Killian wrote:No, but a defensive coordinator who coaches the 3-4 is, which should make a huge difference with the defense. That was the issue last year, not the offense. Kelly's teams will always score points. Losing Tate was a big blow. Clausen? Not as much for this type of offense.
That's all fine and dandy, but I still don't see how that all accounts for four more wins, which was my point. And it appears you agree.
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Killian wrote:No, but a defensive coordinator who coaches the 3-4 is, which should make a huge difference with the defense. That was the issue last year, not the offense. Kelly's teams will always score points. Losing Tate was a big blow. Clausen? Not as much for this type of offense.
That's all fine and dandy, but I still don't see how that all accounts for four more wins, which was my point. And it appears you agree.
But I think it will account for at least three wins (Michigan, Stanford and Navy), putting ND at 9-3. That's a one game difference between mine and Terry's predictions. A bounce here or there, and I can see them getting into double digit wins. On the same token, an injury to Dayne Crist or to someone in the secondary and I can easily see a 6-6/7-5 type of season.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Without McNeese St, Louisiana Monroe, and that fodder ilk, Neuheisel's young talent influx will be tested. After a somewhat down year, the Pac 10 will be strong once again and is loaded with talented QB's. Some have picked UCLA to finish as low as 8th in conference but I doubt that will happen.

Texas, Houston, and KSU is not a fun OOC, but Norm Chow should fucking do SOMETHING this year (with that nice new fat contract) with his offense in the "pistol" Loaded with young RB's and the O-line again is patchwork but should be serviceable.

Two of the most highly regarded players at their positions nationally are on this squad - Rahim Moore and Akeem Ayers at safety and LB respectively.

In my opinion, it will come down to the maturation of Kevin Prince at QB, an oft injured redshirt soph....

I'm thinking 8-4 with a mid-level bowl and next season as the breakout year.

Regardless, let's just get this fucking thing started!
E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Trojans play with hate in their heart and a nastiness they have not played with since 2004. It's USC vs the world and I hope they ruin a lot of teams seasons and wreck a lot of enemy players.
My heart says 13-0 but realisitcally 10-3 or 11-2. with the losses, as usual, only coming in league play.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Killian wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Terry, I understand this is a prediction thread, and you're entitled to yours, no matter how delusional it may be, but didn't you predict double digit wins for ND last year on the basis of an easy schedule? They wound up winning only 6 games, and with a better team than what they'll be retuning this year, at least in terms of the talent and experience they had on offense. So where do you see 4 extra wins? It's not like the schedule is THAT much easier, and BK is not going to account for 4 more wins all by himself. I definitely see BK bringing ND back to respectability but it's not all going to come together this year.
Every loss was by a touchdown or less last year. An average coach would have had 9 wins against that schedule simply by beating a below .500 Michigan team and two very average teams that ND was physically superior to in Navy and UConn. If Kelly is the coach that so many make him out to be (ND fans and others), there is no reason why ND shouldn't improve their overall win total by 2-4 games. Hell, even Willingahm was +5 in the win total from '01 to '02 with almost the exact same team.
Along those lines, the defense was absolutely horrible last year, and a better coach might be able to get substantial improvement out of the defense. That should translate into several more wins. And Tenuta being gone is addition by subtraction. Speaking of which, one of my biggest criticisms of Weis is that he seemed to be focused on trying to put together an "all-star" coaching staff, as opposed to a unit which can function cohesively.

Although a different type of player, I think Floyd (who missed a significant portion of last season with injuries) can effectively replace Tate. Imho, prior to Floyd's injury, Floyd was pretty much the #1 receiver and Tate was #2. Now, had Tate stayed, Tate and Floyd together would be a scary combination for opponents. As far as Crist goes, much of my opinion of him comes from the SoCal honks here who kept saying that Crist was a better QB than Clausen after Clausen signed with ND. Of course, most of them were USC honks who were bitter about losing Clausen and honestly thought Crist would wind up at USC ('sup, Schmick?). Beyond Crist, ND's depth chart at QB includes Nate Montana (who had to go to juco last year to get some starting experience), a converted WR in John Goodman, and three true freshmen. So, of course, implicit in my prediction was an assumption that Crist stays healthy. While I don't want to speak for Killian, I suspect he was assuming the same thing.
SoCalTrjn wrote:The Trojans play with hate in their heart and a nastiness they have not played with since 2004. It's USC vs the world and I hope they ruin a lot of teams seasons and wreck a lot of enemy players.
My heart says 13-0 but realisitcally 10-3 or 11-2. with the losses, as usual, only coming in league play.
Isn't USC operating with a bowl ban this year? If so, I feel pretty confident in predicting that USC won't play 13 games.

And btw, if USC plays anywhere near where you predict they will, they'll still have ESPN swinging from their nutsack, so it won't quite be USC vs. the world.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:The Trojans play with hate in their heart and a nastiness they have not played with since 2004. It's USC vs the world and I hope they ruin a lot of teams seasons and wreck a lot of enemy players.
Isn't USC operating with a bowl ban this year? If so, I feel pretty confident in predicting that USC won't play 13 games.

And btw, if USC plays anywhere near where you predict they will, they'll still have ESPN swinging from their nutsack, so it won't quite be USC vs. the world.
I feel pretty confident that you have no idea what you're talking about, like most enemy fans talking out their asses about USC.
Sept. 2 at Hawaii
Sept. 11 Virginia
Sept. 18 at Minnesota
Sept. 25 at Washington State
Oct. 2 Washington
Oct. 9 at Stanford
Oct. 16 California
Oct. 30 Oregon
Nov. 6 Arizona State
Nov. 13 at Arizona
Nov. 20 at Oregon State
Nov. 27 Notre Dame
Dec. 4 at UCLA

ESPN hung from the Trojans nutsack in 2005 because they bet against them the entire 2004 season, including everyone at the net work picking Choklahoma to "steam roll" the Trojans in the Orange Bowl since they were tougher, more physical and played a beast of a schedule compared to the Trojans leisurly stroll through the Pac 10. Nobody at USC ever believed anything from ESPN was honest, they were just fanning the flames of Trojan envy and hatred nation wide. Look at the way the network blamed the Trojans for an agents wrong doing and shady involvement with Reggie Bush and his step father but immediately dismissed the other schools that had several players, as well as staff and faculty involved with agents since USC was wrongly punished by the NCAA. USC was wrong for not noticing Reggie driving a 5,000 dollar, 10 year old sedan and wondering where the money he got for that sedan came from, even though it was older than the truck he had been driving, but Florida is let off the hook when one of its players shows up in a brand new 70,000 dollar Escalade? A sedan that Reggie bought in March of 2005 but the NCAA is claiming he got in December of 2004 to try to justify taking away USCs BCS title won in January of 2005. Let's see ESPN cover what was in the sanctions with a fine tooth comb to check all the NCAAs mistakes, let's see a time line of the violations, let's see an unbiased investigation in to the NCAAs investigation, its evidence and their absurd conclusions, let's see a background on all the members of the comittee, what schools they went to and where their allegiances lie. The NCAA has made the rulings all public, why hasnt anyone at ESPN checked the rulings, their lack of precedence and their overall abusrdity. ESPN went as far as saying that agents and their unscrupulous "runners" "victimizing" NCAA athletes was an epidemic at schools nationwide, schools that are "powerless" to stop it... 2 weeks after throwing the Trojans under the bus and backing it up to make sure they were properly ran over for the same thing.
If USC was a school that ESPN had a vested interest in or even swang from their nuts, you know they would.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

USC is Gold Toof U West Coast?