If true...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If true...

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

then all I have to say is bwahaha!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... oing-pro/1
The biggest news from the interviews seems to be each of the five UK targets have been told five underclassmen are leaving for UK. Raleigh (N.C.) forward C.J. Leslie - a former teammate of UK freshman John Wall - actually corrected me when I asked him a question about guys leaving and said, "No, five are going." I had asked how much of an impact it would have on his decision if three or four guys declared for the NBA Draft.

Another player laughed when a group was asking him about guys leaving Kentucky and later said he was told "Wall, Pat (Patrick Patterson), Bledsoe, Cousins and Orton are all gone." So that's the assumption that the best of the best high school players left undecided are going by.

While most assumed that Wall, Cousins and Patterson entering the draft was a given, there were still questions surrounding Bledsoe and Orton.
Nice program you got goin' there, Cal. Seriously, would it bother you as a fan if your program brought in talent, but was essentially used like a cheap whore only to be immediately tossed aside by one-and-doners? $4 million a year for this?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: If true...

Post by Shoalzie »

How's this different from his Memphis days?

Wall will be a superstar...that's obvious. I see Cousins being a mopey, drama queen...he'll get numbers but he'll be pain in the ass. Patterson has a nice inside-outside game...kinda like 'Sheed sans the attitude.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:How's this different from his Memphis days?
It's not, really. I just don't think he was expected to lose five guys. That would be pretty sad. We'll see though. All this talent and little to show for it, and I don't just mean the vacated FFs. He coached two of the most talented teams of all-time (2008 Memphis and 2010 Kentucky) and couldn't get it done.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So what? He'll just reload ERRR replace them anyway.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, screw experience. Juniors and seniors? Pffft, overrated in March.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

not different for calliperi, but definitely different for kentucky fans. memphis fans will take what they can get.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

M Club wrote:
not different for calliperi, but definitely different for kentucky fans. memphis fans will take what they can get.
RACK M Club.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Orton is no where near ready. He might be a pro nice player in Israel or Turkey when it's said and done. like Damion James, a player who was some talent but needs at least 2-3 years of non-AAU ball to develop.

you'd be hard pressed to find a program that's employed two bigger scumbags than Dana Kirk and Calipari. You go Memphis.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:Orton is no where near ready. He might be a pro nice player in Israel or Turkey when it's said and done. like Damion James, a player who was some talent but needs at least 2-3 years of non-AAU ball to develop.

you'd be hard pressed to find a program that's employed two bigger scumbags than Dana Kirk and Calipari. You go Memphis.
I'll see your two scumbags and raise you another...

Kentucky: Rupp, Sutton, and Cal.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

+

=

Any questions??
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
He coached two of the most talented teams of all-time (2008 Memphis and 2010 Kentucky) and couldn't get it done.

Calling the 2008 Memphis team and the 2010 Kentucky team two of the most talented teams of all time is really a stretch. They were good certainly but definitely not "all-time" caliber.

And to say "couldn't get it done" is a little harsh. The 2008 Memphis team was the National Runner-Up and only a couple of missed free throws and last second shot from being champs. I'd hardly call that season an epic failure. As for this years Kentucky team, they look pretty damn good compared to the piss UK has trotted out the last few years. And to call a season where you lose three times a failed coaching job is a bit much.

I am no fan of Kentucky or Calipari but as long as Cal is at UK they will be a force to be reckoned with.