Captain Phil....Dead

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Y2K
Internet Overlord

Captain Phil....Dead

Post by Y2K »

I have always wondered when one of The Deadliest Catch Captains would "Stroke Out."
Betwwen brutal work, no sleep for days, cartons of Cigs and Booze, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. RIP Capt. Phil. He helped make that show great, Sig's probably next.

http://tv.yahoo.com/deadliest-catch/sho ... hil_harris
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Captain Phil....Dead

Post by BSmack »

Captain Phil would always crack me up when he was yelling at his kids. I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping the "you could be a fucking astronaut" line on my boy someday. Too bad for him that he went and had a stroke in one of the most remote and inhospitable environments on the planet. There's no place I'd want to have a stroke, but St. Paul Island would be one of the LAST places I'd want to have any kind of medical emergency.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Capt. Sig
Crack Whore

Post by Capt. Sig »

Phil was a pretty good guy, a little rough around the edges but straight.

And fuck you, Capt. Sig is Not next.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Is that before or after he died?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Riggity-rack the Big Snake
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote: There's no place I'd want to have a stroke, but St. Paul Island would be one of the LAST places I'd want to have any kind of medical emergency.
I am guessing he could have had the stroke in the fucking waiting room at Anchorage General and the result would have been the same. He had that lung full of clots last year and beat an embulisiom, so his days been numbered for a long time.

48 hour work days, chain smoking, cases of Red Bull, high fat food and the stress eventually get you.Sucks for the family.

RIP Capt. Phil...
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

In memory of Captain Phil...

that don't confront me none, as long as I get my crab legs by next Friday

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:I am guessing he could have had the stroke in the fucking waiting room at Anchorage General and the result would have been the same. He had that lung full of clots last year and beat an embulisiom, so his days been numbered for a long time.

48 hour work days, chain smoking, cases of Red Bull, high fat food and the stress eventually get you.Sucks for the family.

RIP Capt. Phil...
Just the same, he died from complications of the stroke, not the stroke itself. Had he been in a position to receive proper care within the first hour of the stroke, those complications could have been greatly minimized. I'm not saying he wasn't a ticking time bomb. I'm saying it was damn stupid to have a ticking time bomb out on the Bering Sea.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You guys actually watch that shit?

There's not enough "BWAHAHAHAHAs" in the world to describe that.

Call me crazy, but when I'm in the mood to see someone catch some crabs (<---- work with me here), I go throw some fucking crab pots in the fucking drink. Ain't fucking rocket science.

I guess I'll take pride in the fact that most people live vicariously through the television, I live vicariously through me.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:You guys actually watch that shit?

There's not enough "BWAHAHAHAHAs" in the world to describe that.

Call me crazy, but when I'm in the mood to see someone catch some crabs (<---- work with me here), I go throw some fucking crab pots in the fucking drink. Ain't fucking rocket science.

I guess I'll take pride in the fact that most people live vicariously through the television, I live vicariously through me.
Yea, like you're out on the Bering Sea.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I don't give a fuck what body of water they're on...

you watch other people crab... on television.

It isn't even fucking fishing, for chrissake.

There's this thing called "your front door" -- try using it sometime. People who do so tend to have no desire to watch other people drop crab pots in the water.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:I don't give a fuck what body of water they're on...

you watch other people crab... on television.

It isn't even fucking fishing, for chrissake.
Fishing shows bore the fuck out of me. Fishing bores the fuck out of me. Watching crazy ass fucks battle 80 ft seas just to haul in some crab? Now that's some shit I can get down with.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Dinsdale wrote: There's this thing called "your front door" -- try using it sometime.
Says the man with 20,000 posts.

And rack R-Jack.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Capt. Phil might be getting some company soon

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/presi ... id=9810992
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: Fishing bores the fuck out of me.
What?

In the immortal words of Ronnie VanZant:

Don't ask me 'bout my business and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin' well I guess that'll be ok.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote: Fishing bores the fuck out of me.
What?

In the immortal words of Ronnie VanZant:

Don't ask me 'bout my business and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin' well I guess that'll be ok.
Hey, if fishing is what you like to do with your time, then more power to you. I fished when I was a kid with my dad up in the 1000 Islands, and did some trout fishing in my backyard growing up. I tried it and just don't really care for standing there/sitting on my ass waiting for a fish to hit my line. The few times I've gone fishing as an adult have been with people who had boats and wanted a justification for burning up 40 dollars worth of gas and killing a case of beer. Me, I was there for the beer.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RIP Captain Phil.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

RIP Capt. Phil.

Bri's right, Harris was a ticking time bomb. I remember one show he was hacking up blood like a good thing. He eventually went in for tests and x-rays and was told he had some serious stuff going on. Nevertheless, he walked out, toked up, and headed right back out to sea. this guy was an odds-on pick in any death pool.

As for "cig" err Sig, he looks to be in pretty good shape as crab fishermen go ( the toke's notwithstanding)
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
Hey, if fishing is what you like to do with your time, then more power to you. I fished when I was a kid with my dad up in the 1000 Islands, and did some trout fishing in my backyard growing up. I tried it and just don't really care for standing there/sitting on my ass waiting for a fish to hit my line. The few times I've gone fishing as an adult have been with people who had boats and wanted a justification for burning up 40 dollars worth of gas and killing a case of beer. Me, I was there for the beer.
of course, the beer is a given. But when and where I fish, those damn crappies won't leave me alone long enough to drink it. Crappie's some damn good eatin' too, if you know how to filet it.

But I get why some folks don't like to fish. Can get pretty expensive and for what? Myself, it's relaxation and stress relief. Out on the water, you can forget about all the normal hassles of everyday life... at least for a little while.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:Crappie's some damn good eatin' too, if you know how to filet it...

But I get why some folks don't like to fish.
Maybe because they're relegated to fishing for crap-fish like crappie.

'Round these parts, we have a name for crappie anglers -- we call them "crippled old black guys."

Other folks do this:

Now that I've posted the webcam, all the boats out fishing will clear out, I'm sure. Spring chinook... YUMMY
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Maybe because they're relegated to fishing for crap-fish like crappie.
Hell, you can't get enough of those to use for crab bait, that is where the carp out of the Tualatin come in handy.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:Hell, you can't get enough of those to use for crab bait, that is where the carp out of the Tualatin come in handy.
A friend used to live on the Toilet in Scholls. Used to keep a little POS boat tied up. Used to catch quite the mixed bag, but mostly HUGE cutthroat...

and ate none of it.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Dinsdale wrote:
Derron wrote:Hell, you can't get enough of those to use for crab bait, that is where the carp out of the Tualatin come in handy.
A friend used to live on the Toilet in Scholls. Used to keep a little POS boat tied up. Used to catch quite the mixed bag, but mostly HUGE cutthroat...

and ate none of it.

^^^ Luther?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I believe Luth lives near the confluence of the Willamette and Clackamas, which is where the Oregon Trail ended (there's a McD's there now, what a tribute.. OK, there's a park, too)... which is one fine place to fish for salmon and steelhead, pretty much 12 months out of the year.

But you'd have to ask Luther.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Dinsdale wrote:I believe Luth lives near the confluence of the Willamette and Clackamas, which is where the Oregon Trail ended (there's a McD's there now, what a tribute.. OK, there's a park, too)... which is one fine place to fish for salmon and steelhead, pretty much 12 months out of the year.

But you'd have to ask Luther.

...he say's you're spot on!

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:Crappie's some damn good eatin'
I'll play a song by Tab Benoit about this tonight.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I must have been on hiatus when this thread was posted and I only learned this past weekend that Phil Harris had passed away. Maybe I should have been reading my wife's People magazine more carefully. I have enjoyed watching this show since the they aired the pilot, and Phil Harris was a central character since early on.

Only an idiot ('sup Dinsdale) would equate The Deadliest Catch with Bill Dance or Jimmy Houston. This has been an ongoing documentary about one of the deadliest professions in the world. Aside from banging Portland bar skanks. It has been informative, illuminating and much more entertaining than dancing with celebrities. I'll continue to watch and pray for the day when crab cages are baited with festering strips of Tarddowen's flesh.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Cuda wrote:Capt. Phil might be getting some company soon

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/presi ... id=9810992

..."Clinton, 63, was buoyed by an "excellent" prognosis and a flood of get well wishes, including from President Obama and the two former Bushes."

...which bushes? Monica, Paula, Gennifer, Kathleen....lets be specific here.