Top Recruiting Classes

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Top Recruiting Classes

Post by Killian »

Notre Dame at #6 is fucking laughable. They might finish at 6 if they can land Seantrell Henderson, Christian Jones, Anthony Barr, Matt James, Ego Fergson and hold on to everyone else. The chances of getting that class are right up there with me getting to tongue fuck Natalie Portman's asshole. I'd like to see both happen, but neither has a chance in hell.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ego Fergson??

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

BleacherReport is basically a sports blogging website with articles that look professional but are written by fans (anyone can post one), so it's basically the same as taking a message board post with no track record of credibility and posting it somewhere else as "news". I would pay zero attention to it.

Srsly, I want to stab his face for just looking like a douche.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Did someone fucking sit on his head as a kid? Your head shouldn't be the shape of an oblong spheriod.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

mizzou was at #14 in recruiting rankings
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Sudden Sam wrote:
PrimeX wrote:BleacherReport is basically a sports blogging website with articles that look professional but are written by fans (anyone can post one), so it's basically the same as taking a message board post with no track record of credibility and posting it somewhere else as "news". I would pay zero attention to it.

Srsly, I want to stab his face for just looking like a douche.
Hence my referring to him as a 'goofus'.

Just throwing something out there for us to gnaw on.

Killian wrote:Notre Dame at #6 is fucking laughable. They might finish at 6 if they can land Seantrell Henderson, Christian Jones, Anthony Barr, Matt James, Ego Fergson and hold on to everyone else. The chances of getting that class are right up there with me getting to tongue fuck Natalie Portman's asshole. I'd like to see both happen, but neither has a chance in hell.
Tuesday around lunch Nick Saban was at class 5A Lake Howell High visiting one of the top Linebackers in the country, (6’4 228) Christian Jones. According to his head coach Tom Oliver, the visit went very well.

“Coach Saban just has a certain presence that very few people have. I felt like I should have been taking notes. He was showing myself and Christian about their complex defensive schemes and the man is a genius. Coach Saban and Christian really had a good time talking about where he could fit in at Alabama. So it went great, but Christian is going to pick the School that suits him the best and I really couldn’t tell you where that’s going to be.”

You go, Nick!
Christian Jones is a Nole. Not saying lightning couldn't strike, but all indications are that he is Tally bound. Christian Green as well.

Second, that maxpreps list is a fucking joke. Hell, all recruiting lists are a joke to be honest. FSU is having ANOTHER great year in recruiting and looks to close signing day with a bang. The "experts" should rank our class somewhere in the top 10 with a chance at a top 5 ranking...however, what does that really mean? With out coaching, they will amount to another 7-6 season.
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheChief wrote:Christian Jones is a Nole. Not saying lightning couldn't strike, but all indications are that he is Tally bound.
Not what I've heard. I know his family connection to FSU, but I've heard his old man is pusing ND and OU for Jones. He's taking an extra Spanish class to meet ND's requirements.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Our class will be real small, so I am not what that will translate to in regards to how these sites process who has the best classes.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
probably a Cody Hawkins joke here.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Nice one Sam :lol:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Is that a preview shoot for Oregon's new uniforms next year?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Killian wrote:
TheChief wrote:Christian Jones is a Nole. Not saying lightning couldn't strike, but all indications are that he is Tally bound.
Not what I've heard. I know his family connection to FSU, but I've heard his old man is pusing ND and OU for Jones. He's taking an extra Spanish class to meet ND's requirements.
We shall see my friend. Like I said, all indications out of Tally are Nole, ND isn't even being mentioned.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Killian wrote:
I've heard the same things Killian has. I know he visited Norman in November and he said he was really impressed with the trip. I've also heard that USC has an outside shot at him as well and that he still plans on visiting LA before signing day.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

He is headed there this weekend.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

If he is going to go to OU he needs to make up his mind soon though. Oklahoma has the ability to sign 29 players with early enrollment athletes counting against last year's class that wasn't full. Having said that we only have a couple of spots left and they have been pretty well reserved for top flight talent (which Jones obviously is) but they will probably go to the first ones left to hop on the wagon since this class is already looking rather amazing even by OU standards.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

This about sums it up for FSU on the recruiting side, but with Signing Day still two weeks away, anything can happen:
FSU ready to close : Mike Farrel of Rivals.com

A few months ago, it looked as if Florida State was going to have one of its worst recruiting years in recent memory. But once Jimbo Fisher was given the reins of the program, everything began to fall into place. Top prospects Jeff Luc, Kenny Shaw, LaMarcus Joyner and Terrence Mitchell are on board now, and it looks as if the Seminoles will close strong.

Barring any major surprises, Christian Jones will be a Seminole come Signing Day. While he's listed as a linebacker, most feel Jones' future is at defensive end. Another top defensive end, Hialeah (Fla.) High's Corey Lemonier, apparently has made his decision but will wait until Signing Day to announce. This looks to be a two-team battle between FSU and Auburn, unless Miami pulls a shocker. Confidence is a bit higher on the Auburn side, but a few players at the Under Armour Game have said Lemonier was an FSU lean at the time. If he did indeed choose his team two weeks ago, as he said, that could bode well for the 'Noles. And four-star defensive end J.R. Ferguson of Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military has decided to take a visit to Tallahassee this weekend. FSU is a bit of a long shot, with Ferguson favoring LSU and Cal heading into the trip. He is also scheduled to visit Miami on Jan. 29, but a good visit would put the 'Noles in the mix.

At defensive tackle, a decision from Bjoern Werner of Salisbury (Conn.) The Salisbury School could come any day now. Werner could play tackle or end, and his versatility is attractive to the 'Noles. Werner's high school teammate/current FSU commitment Will Tye, a tight end, feels the 'Noles will get Werner. That said, Oregon is thought to be the favorite by numerous sources.

FSU also is going to make a strong push for Lemonier's prep teammate, defensive tackle Calvin Smith, a former Tennessee commitment. Smith is visiting Alabama this weekend and thinking about an unofficial to FSU on Jan. 29. He already made an official visit to Tallhassee last September.

Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Todd Chandler, a former USF commitment, is taking an official visit to FSU on Jan. 29; Louisville currently leads for Chandler.

Jones and Lemonier are the two most important recruits in this group, and the staff will be ecstatic if they land both. But the staff would love to add a big end who could grow into a tackle or one of the tackles mentioned above to round out the class.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

There's still a lot to shake out before signing day, look for Iowa near the top when all is said and done.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

WolverineSteve wrote:There's still a lot to shake out before signing day, look for Iowa near the top when all is said and done.
I'm sure they'll have at least 20 future NFL players in this class... it's a down year for 'em recruiting.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

NICE day for Texas! Two 5 start recruits in one day. Just had Jackson Jeffcoat commit, turning down OU and U of H where his dad is coaching. #1 recruit out of Texas. Also just got word that Jordan Hicks, the #1 recruit coming out of Ohio picked the Horns over Ohio State and Florida. Good times!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/h ... oat-texas/

http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/in ... otbal.html

BTW- One of our very intelligent radio guys said yesterday that Jeffcoat was the only Rivals 5-star to sign with the Big 12 (before the Hicks announcement;) and that 11 of the 26 had signed in the SEC, including 4 at Florida alone. Is this true??? Only two 5 star athletes to the Big 12?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i guess OU didn't cheat enough to get Jeffcoat.

sin,

ATM fan.

maybe Indy can fill me in here, but ATM fan (at least on the internet sites) have an irrational hatred for Oklahoma. sure, we are hillbillies and dirt burglers compared the cosmopolitan wonderland that is College Station. when i think "culture", i think College Station, Texas and the Stalinist architecture that makes the ATM campus so beautiful.

i just don't get the hate. yes, OU has recruited Texas since Jack Mildren.....at this point, i understand Texas fan. 38 years of my life we don't like them, they don't like us. fair is fair at the Texas Fair. it's tautology and they suck and we suck. easy. let's play. but ATM fan is evil on the hate for OU. OU is always cheating while ATM is some kind of standard of virtue. last time i checked ATM's best teams were under legendary cheater Jackie Sherrill?
Last edited by King Crimson on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Yeah, aTm fan seems rather perturbed today. Hilarious to read.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PrimeX wrote:Yeah, aTm fan seems rather perturbed today. Hilarious to read.
it's pretty clear to me that every citizen of Norman, Oklahoma stabbed a new-born baby in the heart and sang hymns to Satan. I know i did. probably eat this baby in an hour or so after i get hungry again.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PrimeX wrote:Yeah, aTm fan seems rather perturbed today. Hilarious to read.

Probably has something to do with Nelson reportedly wavering on his verbal to aTm with OU possibly in the picture this morning.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TheChief wrote:Terrence Mitchell are on board now
Heard some rumors that he may be de-committing from FSU and committing to USF. His cousin plays on the team and has been trying to get him to come here. Would be a nice pick up if this is true.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

PrimeX wrote:Also just got word that Jordan Hicks, the #1 recruit coming out of Ohio picked the Horns over Ohio State and Florida. Good times!
Congrats Hornfan on picking up Hicks, I think you will enjoy his output in the coming years. Though linebacker wasn't a huge need for tOSU this year, it still stings losing an in-state recruit of his caliber. Just glad he didn't go to Florida!
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

King Crimson wrote:i guess OU didn't cheat enough to get Jeffcoat.

sin,

ATM fan.

maybe Indy can fill me in here, but ATM fan (at least on the internet sites) have an irrational hatred for Oklahoma. sure, we are hillbillies and dirt burglers compared the cosmopolitan wonderland that is College Station. when i think "culture", i think College Station, Texas and the Stalinist architecture that makes the ATM campus so beautiful.

i just don't get the hate. yes, OU has recruited Texas since Jack Mildren.....at this point, i understand Texas fan. 38 years of my life we don't like them, they don't like us. fair is fair at the Texas Fair. it's tautology and they suck and we suck. easy. let's play. but ATM fan is evil on the hate for OU. OU is always cheating while ATM is some kind of standard of virtue. last time i checked ATM's best teams were under legendary cheater Jackie Sherrill?
If you want me to say anything good about texags.com, I can't. I guess the only thing I can say that is good is that out of the thousands of Ags on that board, they probably have at least a dozen or 13 good posters there. And those that are decent are a needle in a haystack so I don't even waste my time there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote: If you want me to say anything good about texags.com, I can't. I guess the only thing I can say that is good is that out of the thousands of Ags on that board, they probably have at least a dozen or 13 good posters there. And those that are decent are a needle in a haystack so I don't even waste my time there.
i know, i put you in a dumb position having to answer for the morons every fan-base has. OUInsider is where our double-digit IQ peeps hang. and there are others. to the original question, i just don't get it. when NU fan gets up on the high horse about Dr. Tom and Switzer only won because he was a cheater, i get that. i don't totally agree with it, but i get it. Dr. Tom has some ugly stuff under the carpet as well, for a saint. when Texas fan hates and plays the "everyone else cheats to keep up with Texas" card, i get it. Texas is the holiest program of all time and has symbolized everything good about sport since forever.

there's a kind of unholy trinity with OU, UT and ATM. ATM and UT can dogpile OU since the state of Texas is the purest form of America ever and Oklahoma is Trailerparkistan and Meth Heaven. i sparked up 2 or 3 times already and stole a microwave chimichanga from the Quick Trip and scored half a Pepsi out of the trash just this morning. OU and ATM can rally together because UT sucks. and UT and OU can hate on you guys for being "aggies". rhetorically, there's only shifting sands. i guess that's just how it is. but, Aggie Fan seems to have a special hate for OU....i don't get it. since the Big XII started, we've played some classic games, some upsets, and some asswhippings going both ways.

texags.com may be the most insular website i've ever read. in particular the basketball forum.....it's pretty bizarre. there a couple Colorado boards like that as well (because CU fan is more often totally unaware of anything outside CU)....but, i don't even understand a lot of the stuff at texags.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

KC, I've said it before and will say it again... numerous times, I'm sure. Texas native making fun of Oklahoma is about the most laughable thing on Earth in and of itself. I consider myself a native Texan... I spent most of my time growing up there. My ex fiance and I both catch hell for leaving Austin to attend OU from all the people we have kept in touch with. I have family from Oklahoma and attended college there. Basically I have spent extended time in both states.

They're carbon copies of each other damn near to a T. Tere is virtually no differences in the states from cultural, industrial, values, and lifestyle perspectives. The trailer park jokes is what I find the most funny coming from Texas person. The state that has the largest amout of trailer parks and the most single family residences per capita residing in trailers making jokes about another state having trailer parks is down right laughable.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

MuchoBulls wrote:
TheChief wrote:Terrence Mitchell are on board now
Heard some rumors that he may be de-committing from FSU and committing to USF. His cousin plays on the team and has been trying to get him to come here. Would be a nice pick up if this is true.
Well, you called that one! Good luck to T-Rex.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

WolverineSteve wrote:There's still a lot to shake out before signing day, look for UCLA near the top when all is said and done.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

TheChief wrote:Another top defensive end, Hialeah (Fla.) High's Corey Lemonier, apparently has made his decision but will wait until Signing Day to announce. This looks to be a two-team battle between FSU and Auburn, unless Miami pulls a shocker. Confidence is a bit higher on the Auburn side, but a few players at the Under Armour Game have said Lemonier was an FSU lean at the time. If he did indeed choose his team two weeks ago, as he said, that could bode well for the 'Noles.
:hfal: