talk about coming full circle

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

jackass007
Elwood

talk about coming full circle

Post by jackass007 »

Over on an aol board I have about 50 members convincing me that there is a NASCAR conspiracy against Silverspoon, not for him. Ranging from Hendricks suspensions being lifted to "get this" Hendricks driver Vickers taking Silverspoon out of the race in Vegas.

I'm just waiting for that to come in here, which it won't.

FYI..droping the Silverspoon label on a Nascar message board will get you 200 e-mails and 500 im's. gotta love those buddy lists!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm glad we don't have fans like that over here. I don't go anywhere else to talk about Nascar and don't think I could tolerate that kind of myopia over Nascar.

Did you tell them it probably has more to do with Jr.'s crew changes? And another thing I've noticed is that Jr. doesn't seem very passionate this year. Don't know if the two are related.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: talk about coming full circle

Post by BSmack »

jackass007 wrote:Over on an aol board I have about 50 members convincing me that there is a NASCAR conspiracy against Silverspoon, not for him. Ranging from Hendricks suspensions being lifted to "get this" Hendricks driver Vickers taking Silverspoon out of the race in Vegas.

FYI..droping the Silverspoon label on a Nascar message board will get you 200 e-mails and 500 im's. gotta love those buddy lists!
Sure, don't share the link with us. :wink:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

DEI's problem is more a powerplant issue than anything. They've done something different to their engines where they are not getting as much power and can't figure it out.

DW talked about it a few weeks ago.

NASCAR is trying to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand but they need to be consistent. Because the impound rule being only for NC-owned tracks throws in inherent consistency issues.

I understand using the softer rubber tires to make it more of a team sport (pit stops) helps even it out by requiring more pitting. However, you just can't compete with $$$$$ teams no matter how hard you try.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

trev wrote:Don't know if the two are related.
If it involves NASCAR, go ahead and assume EVERYBODY is related.

There's more cars going around that circut than unique DNA.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jackass007 wrote:
Waiting?

It won't?

What are you waiting for?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Dinsdale wrote:
trev wrote:Don't know if the two are related.
If it involves NASCAR, go ahead and assume EVERYBODY is related.

There's more cars going around that circut than unique DNA.
:mrgreen:
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

BSmack wrote:Sure, don't share the link with us. :wink:
Well, I can't link you, or I haven't figured out how. But here's a post that I had fun reading. This guys family tree must look like a telephone pole.

MsgId: 536539:4234
no one cares what u say jr is not loved my millions of fans not just cause of who his daddy was yea some of them are his daddy's fans but all of there are not i know a person the first race she ever watched was the one sr died at and now is a big big dale jr fan the only reason kyle is in nascar is cause of his big brother thats the only reason people know who the little ugly freak is the only reason people know who kurt is cause he won the cup before that he was nothing and still is dale jr can kick anyone's butt and im guessing your won of those kurt busch fans that dont know any better but to like a little big eared arrogant cocky little freak u say im a silverspoon fan which your saying that cause u think jr has had everything handed to him thats not true sr was not going to let jr race till a man would not stop asking sr if he could sr wanted kerry to race cause kerry looks just like sr the man did not want kerry he wanted jr cause jr was the one that could race kerry is doing good as a rookie in truck series its not like when he gets out there and starts the race the drivers in front of him say o there's jr im going to let him pass me no they dont they race him he passes them fair when sr got behind someone they knew if they did not move there car was not going to be a car by the end of the race.

Maybe I should link this guy in here, and give Wags a little "work" to do.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Please, bring all of those fools over here. Just make sure trev posts pics of her tats on her tits to bring alls of thems here.

Who won the Daytona 500 when Dale Sr. ate cement?

You know something? I only liked Richard Petty before the modern age that we have now. Now it's #15. Teresa was standing in Michael's pre race box next to him, Buffy, and Macey at Vegas.

Maybe Tess is seeing it all crumble and wanting to keep Michael around for awhile longer for good pub?

I think so.

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Atomic Punk wrote: Maybe Tess is seeing it all crumble and wanting to keep Michael around for awhile longer for good pub?

I think so.
merchandise sales will continue to feed the DEI machine AP.

from MY eyes...Michael is pretty darn popular right now...i'd be comfortabe in saying that he might be making good $$$ for DEI despite their results...more money than Truex Jr. could be bringing in...in the near future.

lets not throw Mikey under the bus 'til after Talledega. if the Eury's can't get that car in the top 10 there; plus, if JR. struggles...well...

DEI = Petty Enterprises might be coming to a home near you.

no need to panic yet.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I think I'm the only #15 fan in this state. All I see are #8's and #29's. My place looks like a NAPA #15 shrine and I'm not all that into it.

Martin is Jr's idea from the video game world. Neither Jr. or Martin have the fire Carl, JJ, Tony, or Jeff bring to the table. I think Jamie McMurray will show up as a Rusty Wallace fraud soon enough.

This Sorenson kid may come in right with Carl.

Mikey and Schrader need to stay around for awhile. I even like that annoying jackoff Kenny Wallace.

DEI is in trouble and Teresa better get a better advisor like a DW and like pronto. Their engine program is the problem this year. They aren't fixing it and it shows.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

wow Q, equating DEI with Petty enterprises is pretty harsh.

Atomic, do you really think Gaylisp is that good of a driver? Granted he has a good personality and has always been fairly popular even when he was in the #7, but he's only won in the Cup on Superspeedways with the DEI package that isn't what it use to be. So you'd want DEI to keep him solely on popularity rather than driving skills, and keeping a spot from a younger/hungrier driver like Truex.

I'm guessing the gear changes just fucked up the DEI program and SR isn't there to deal with it.

DW as an advisor to DEI? Wanna see SR spin in his grave? If DW had something to offer besides Boogity boogity, he'd have done it years ago with his own team.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Qbert wrote:
no need to panic yet.
What? Me worry?

We'll see what happens at Bristol, but holy shit Batman, the panic button is near.

deep breath...again
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

no need to panic yet.

just sayin'

Patience....grasshopper
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

I believe he gos by "Rick" Schroeder now,not Ricky
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

a Silverspoon Reference...my that's refreshing....

learn to READ...the thread has turned LEFT towards Waltrip and his future with DEI.

Gee...I used to have the "x" here....
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

I think I bought a tent from DEI last summer,ive yet to use it.I like that whole coop thing in retail stores and am glad they have brought that to NASCAR.Will I be recieving a dividend check from this Waltrip fellow you speak of?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

SPEAK ENGLISH MUTHA FUCKA!!!!

just sayin'
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Sr. and Darrell put their differences aside years ago. Mikey has a ride because of DW and of course Mike is with DEI because of it.

Is he that good of a driver? He flat out isn't aggressive and thus a mid-pack racer. His value to DEI is publicity and his good moral character. He translates his running life into doing well on super speedways. It's all concentration and he is good at that. So do I think he is a good driver? No. I think he is a good guy and I root for his engine blowing ass. :x
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Qbert wrote:
I'll trade you.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Atomic Punk wrote:Sr. and Darrell put their differences aside years ago. Mikey has a ride because of DW and of course Mike is with DEI because of it.

Is he that good of a driver? He flat out isn't aggressive and thus a mid-pack racer. His value to DEI is publicity and his good moral character. He translates his running life into doing well on super speedways. It's all concentration and he is good at that. So do I think he is a good driver? No. I think he is a good guy and I root for his engine blowing ass. :x
with that said, AP: do you think Mikey's marketability and populaity will keep him in the Seat?

i do!
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

War Wagon wrote:
Qbert wrote:
I'll trade you.
Nah....i was merely looking to add an "x" to the key chain.

(we'll talk trades in the Fall!)

btw...send Trampis on a sammitch run. maybe he'll find JinT3?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Well, since Jr. is having the same problems with the powerplants and gearing I would say Mike is safe. A few weeks ago he could have won Daytona again. I don't know what's going on or why the engineers don't have it figured out. The guy that has the worst luck is a green car driving Bobby Labonte.

As I've previously said, Teresa was standing next to Mike during the last invocation and national anthem. That pretty much told me that he is safe with DEI. I'm not sure why "Slugge"r Labbe was let go last year but they definitely had problems with the pit crew's performance.

However...... with the new golden boy Carl and possibly Sorensen, I don't know how long this will last. I'll bet Richard Childress tries to grab Sorensen for next season.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Qbert wrote:btw...send Trampis on a sammitch run. maybe he'll find JinT3?
JinT3???, is this the vanity plate on your favorite drivers car?

I heard Dale couldnt read much so Im supposing his vanity plate would have been sumthin like X...or, $.Anybody know what Dales vanity plate said?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

JinT3 is Jeff in turn 3. He took some cool pictures of Harvivk and Waltrip a few years ago for me at the Brickyard. He just asked that I didn't post them because that's money out of his pocket.

I can prolly post them now since it's been 2 years.

jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

I think Q needs one of theseImage
Mine's in the mail