Braggin' Rights

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Braggin' Rights

Post by War Wagon »

The last time Mizzou beat Illinois...

Clinton was president and I had never been on the internet.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus and Mike Anderson, the insufferable 9 game losing streak is over.
Paul
Elwood

Re: Braggin' Rights

Post by Paul »

No doubt....it was good to drop a nice, swift ASS-KICKING on those Illini pussies to match what the football Tigers did to them as well. 8)
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Agreed, that when you lose (or win) 9 in row in a yearly match-up, it's not much of a rivalry anymore.

But these teams have had some great games over the years, when both were highly ranked, and they will again.

Great win for the Tigers. I can't rave enough over the job Mr. Anderson has done in Columbia. He's got total buy-in from his players on the "40 minutes of hell" style of play and it's fun to watch.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: Great win for the Tigers. I can't rave enough over the job Mr. Anderson has done in Columbia. He's got total buy-in from his players on the "40 minutes of hell" style of play and it's fun to watch.
even though you guys wanted to fire him year before last. and you kinda quit on your team about this time last year, IIRC. Anderson was my first choice to replace Sampson at OU, by the way. MU got to market quicker and got him (having the new arena probably didn't hurt either).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hell, I never wanted him hired in the first place.

I'll admit, I was way wrong about the guy. Dude can flat out coach. Not to mention his composure on the sidelines, where he always seems in total control of the situation. I like that, a lot.

As for last year "giving up on the team", I never had any expectations to begin with, other than another horrible season and just maybe able to eek out an NIT bid. So I didn't have anything to "give up" on. That had already happened the previous year.

I really don't see them making another run like last year. Too weak on the glass and the rest of the conference is just too damn top heavy. Have you seen KSU?

But who knows, they surprised the shit outta' me before, it may happen again. I'll damn sure be giving CMA the benefit of the doubt from now on.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

been a CMA fan since he was hired

warned u last year that the team was one to watch. this year, they need a big man up front, bowers, ramsey and the crew just arent cutting it. next year, they should be really good, especially with the freshman they got. an excellent recruiting class

the forward from tejas is really good, and perfect for the system!

This year i figured a drop, especially losing the heart of team, with JYD leaving(demarre). they will beat some teams they arent expected to beat, and lose to a few mediocre teams. Absence in middle has been huge.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

I really like Mike Anderson.....I like the style he plays and I think he's a classy guy. He actually makes it tough to hate Mizzou :shock:

That said, I believe he will always get the maximum out of his teams....this years team isn't what last years squad was, but they are a tournament team and once your in, good things can happen given the right draw. That said, Mizzou would appear to be looking at a second round exit, probably at best. Anything beyond that would have to be considered gravy.