all sources pointing to Darrell Scott leaving Colorado

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

all sources pointing to Darrell Scott leaving Colorado

Post by King Crimson »

can't blame the kid. this staff is a joke. DS hasn't been able to stay in game shape much, but there's talent there.

#1 HS RB recruit 2 years ago back on the market (minus the Big XII). prolly a California or Florida school.

before the "curse of Mack" stuff....as mediocre as Scott has been, he's still better than anyone UT has running the ball. including McCoy.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: all sources pointing to Darrell Scott leaving Colorado

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:can't blame the kid. this staff is a joke. DS hasn't been able to stay in game shape much, but there's talent there.

#1 HS RB recruit 2 years ago back on the market (minus the Big XII). prolly a California or Florida school.

before the "curse of Mack" stuff....as mediocre as Scott has been, he's still better than anyone UT has running the ball. including McCoy.
and yet, with all the hype and talent, he could not break into the starting lineup at CU.

The kid looked good coming out of HS. He made his choice to attend CU based on all the stuff he was told by Hawkins and his staff. I in no way doubt his obvious talent. He made a decision and it turned out to be the wrong one. Would he start at Texas? I don't know. But I can tell you this....he would have been much better off as a player with all the skill players, line and a QB who is good.

Best of luck to him. He will need it.

BTW...did his mom lose her job in Boulder? :wink:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Well, it's official. I'd love to get all worked up and give you guys a great rant/meltdown about how Scott is turning his back on the program, not finishing what he started, how he knew what he was getting into, etc. But I can't really blame him. Hawkins is obviously a lame duck coach. Who knows who his replacement is going to be (I've heard rumors about UA OC Sonny Dykes), but I can't blame Scott for gettin' while the gettin's good. He'll still have two more years of eligibility after he sits out the transfer year, and odds are good that UCLA (or wherever he goes) will let him do more than return kicks. I have to admit, it wouldn't break my heart if he turns out to be Marcus Houston II, though.

Best of luck to Scott. If anything, he probably made Bohn's decision to fire Hawkins that much easier...
"Keys, woman!"
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I think CU should hire Brent Venables if Hawkins is fired. And, no, I'm not dumbfuck OU homer who thinks Venables is shit and would be glad to see him go. Venables has proven to be a great defensive coach and an elite recruiter. Colorado seems like a very good fit for him.

Just MHO.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Is Baylor a better coaching destination than Colorado? Is Houston? How about TCU?

That right there are 3 schools that have coaches that I think would kick major ass at Colorado.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Word was he wanted to come to Westwood but 1 friggin area we don't need help in is RB. Fairly deep there, and that Oaks Christian kid coming in, Jones....Scott will probably wind up at San Diego St.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:Is Baylor a better coaching destination than Colorado? Is Houston? How about TCU?

That right there are 3 schools that have coaches that I think would kick major ass at Colorado.
i don't think CU could pull Patterson or Sumlin....unless the coaching carousel has CU about the only BCS job available. i think both those guys are angling for the ATM job. however, a guy with Texas recruiting on his resume would do a lot for a new CU coach. McCartney was aces in the Houston area when OU and UT were down. Neuheisel was lousy recruiting Texas at CU. his major Texas recruits all transferred back home. Jeremy Weisinger, Ryan Nunez come to mind....JW back to ATM, Nunez to UT.

i like Venables, even though he blitzes *every time* on 3rd and long. he's a KSU/Darth Snyder guy, he may be waiting on that job. Venables lives around the corner from my pops in West Norman. OU fans are a little spoiled with it, if it was up to most OU fans, Sooners would still be running Switzer's Okie 5-2 and still getting lit up in the d-backfield with Bobby Proctor's 19th Century schemes. and not *another* Stoops assistant coaching in the league, i could do without that.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

The Seer wrote:Word was he wanted to come to Westwood but 1 friggin area we don't need help in is RB. Fairly deep there, and that Oaks Christian kid coming in, Jones....Scott will probably wind up at San Diego St.
huh, the scuttlebutt around CU is that he's going to UCLA. Maiva, Josh I''m in love with myself, and Scott. Scott was buried in the rotation at CU, as well. the Stewart kid is a better back, but I'm not sure Scott ever had a chance. he was apparently in Darian Hagan's doghouse from day one.
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I guarantee you Scott will never play a down at UCLA...unless Neuheisel can find the same cunning as Carroll to keep 5 - stars happy sitting on the bench....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I don't know how I missed this thread.

To bring up the sore point I made earlier, does this mean UCLA is now going to get that Heisman trophy Hawkins said Scott was going to win before he left CU?

The problem CU has with firing Hawkins at this point is money. They can't afford to pay off his contract and/or bring in a Name coach to replace him
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I think the kid's attitude sucks and needs to improve if he's ever going to live up to his talent.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mizzou needs a running back. We have too many 4 star WR recruits and not any decent running back recruits.

He might have some open space to run in. He just won't have as many lanes seeing as every team in the states of Texas and Oklahoma have 50000 lbs on our lines.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Mizzou needs a running back. We have too many 4 star WR recruits and not any decent running back recruits.

He might have some open space to run in. He just won't have as many lanes seeing as every team in the states of Texas and Oklahoma have 50000 lbs on our lines.
Unfortunately Mizzou is in the same con, so he'd have to sit an extra year, unless he could be granted an exemption, which I can't see. I think he'll head back west and play for Skippy.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?