Greatest College Football Team... EVER.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Greatest College Football Team... EVER.

Post by Blueblood »

The University of San Francisco.... 1951.

10 of the players went on to play in the NFL... and 3 went on to the NFL Hall of Fame.

But, that's not what made them special....

... they said, fuck you to College Football and the bigots that run it !

1951 USF Dons Football Team

The 1951 University of San Francisco Dons football team is widely regarded by many to be one of the greatest teams in college football history. The 1951 squad went undefeated, with a record of 9-0, and the team produced ten future NFL players (Ollie Matson, Gino Marchetti, Bob St. Clair, Dick Stanfel, Ed Brown, Lou Stephens, Burl Toler, Joe Scudero, Roy Barni, Mike Mergen, Merrill Peacock, and Ralph Thomas). Five became NFL Pro-Bowlers,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University ... _Francisco

Does anyone know why they were famous... ???

Oh yeah, Sweet Pete... was born in "the City".... that year.

Coach Pete Carroll at a Glance
(born September 15, 1951, in San Francisco, California)..
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Re: Greatest College Football Team... EVER.

Post by SoCalTrjn »

1979 USC Trojans
2 Heisman Trophy Winners
Charles White
Marcus Allen
11 players in the NFL
Marcus Allen
Chip Banks
Joey Browner
Ronnie Lott
Dennis Smith
Jeff Fisher
Bruce Matthews
Don Mosebar
Anthony Munoz
Keith Van Horne
Charles White
10 1st round draft picks
Marcus Allen
Chip Banks
Joey Browner
Ronnie Lott
Dennis Smith
Bruce Matthews
Don Mosebar
Anthony Munoz
Keith Van Horne
Charles White
63 pro bowl appearances
Marcus Allen 6 pro bowls
Chip Banks 4 pro bowls
Joey Browner 6 pro bowls
Ronnie Lott 10 pro bowls
Dennis Smith 6 pro bowls
Bruce Matthews 14 pro bowls
Don Mosebar 5 pro bowls
Anthony Munoz 11 pro bowls
Charles White 1 pro bowl
4 Pro Football Hall of Famers
Marcus Allen
Ronnie Lott
Bruce Matthews
Anthony Munoz
3 College Football Hall of Famers
Marcus Allen
Ronnie Lott
Charles White

obligatory photos of pretty buildings
even the parking lot looks better

take that Frisco
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Nice smog.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Stole my thunder, SoCaltrjn. I've posted before about that '79 team, which I suspect had to be the most talented team ever, at least by NFL standards.

Had Don Mosebar not gotten his eye poked out, ending his career prematurely, he may have become the fifth NFL HOF-er from that team. Dennis Smith and Joey Browner both have solid cases for the NFL HOF, as well.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

which I suspect had to be the most talented team ever, at least by NFL standards.
No way, 2001 Miami.

Shockey, Winslow, Andre Johnson, DJ Williams, Vilma, Portis, Ed Reed, etc.....

There will never be a roster full of as much NFL talent as the 2001 squad had, and no team has ever even come close.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Damn, I thought the best team ever was the Cal Bears from the beginning of time until today. I mean...they've won every national championship.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:
which I suspect had to be the most talented team ever, at least by NFL standards.
No way, 2001 Miami.

Shockey, Winslow, Andre Johnson, DJ Williams, Vilma, Portis, Ed Reed, etc.....

There will never be a roster full of as much NFL talent as the 2001 squad had, and no team has ever even come close.
Off the top of my head, ND's 1990 roster had the following first round draft picks:

Todd Lyght, Derek Brown, Irv Smith, Bryant Young, Jerome Bettis, Rick Mirer, Jeff Burris, Aaron Taylor, Tom Carter and Rocket Ismail (would have been the first pick overall had he not gone to Canada). It also had second rounders Chris Zorich, Tim Ruddy and Rod Smith. There were a ton of other guys that played in the league like Rodney Culver. Hell, Dorsey Levens transfered because he couldn't get enough carries.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah, but outside of a couple of those players, they didn't do much in the NFL.

Miami's 2001 roster has had an insane amount of players go onto have very good NFL careers.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I forgot Ricky Watters. ND had 2 players on that team that are sure fire NFL Hall of Famers, and one in Watters who is boarderline. The talent level on 2001 Miami was high, but it wasn't as absurd as you are making it out to be.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:Stole my thunder, SoCaltrjn. I've posted before about that '79 team, which I suspect had to be the most talented team ever, at least by NFL standards.

Ummmm.... that San Francisco team.... only had 38 players on it, with 10 of them playing in the NFL and 3 becoming Hall of Famer's.

1 out of every 4 players on the team went on to play in the NFL. This one isn't even close.

By the way, does anyone know why they were so famous other than being so dominate on the football field ???
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:I forgot Ricky Watters. ND had 2 players on that team that are sure fire NFL Hall of Famers, and one in Watters who is boarderline. The talent level on 2001 Miami was high, but it wasn't as absurd as you are making it out to be.
It's got a bigger collection of future NFL talent than any team ever has had.....

Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Najeh Davenport, Ed Reed, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Frank Gore, Bryant McKinnie, Vince Wilfork, Andre Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor, and even Ken Dorsey has started some games at QB in the NFL.

So you've got 3 RB's that have multiple 1,000 yard rushing seasons, 2 of the better TE's in the NFL, 2 of the better safeties in the league (1 of them has died), 2 quality NFL LB's, a quality NFL offensive tackle, one of the top DT in the NFL, and 1 of the best WR's in the NFL.

There's a ton of future potential NFL hall of famers from that roster. I think Wilfork, Portis, Reed, and Johnson will all be HOF'ers and I think guys like McGahee, Gore, and Winslow could all have a shot at the HOF if they stay healthy and play up to their potential for a 4-5 year period.

Off the top of my head I believe they've got 9 guys that have made the Pro Bowl and most have made multiple Pro Bowls.

No team can match that in terms of NFL talent.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh, and I forgot about Roscoe Parrish, who is one of the better punt returners in the NFL.

Also, they had Mike Rumph and Phillip Buchanan. 2 guys that were busts in the NFL but still were 1st round picks. And there were other guys like William Joseph and Jerome McDougle who never amounted to much in the NFL but were high picks.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Terry Donahue - how to get the least with the most....

1987 UCLA Bruins that got NFL time and the team didn't even make it to the Rose Bowl.....

Willie Flipper Anderson
Eric Ball
Mel Farr Jr.
Gaston Green
Darryl Henley
Carnell Lake
Mike Lodish
Ken Norton
Marvcus Patton
Derek Tennell
Jim Wahler
James Washington
Frank Cornish
Roman Phifer
David Richards
Eric Turner
Troy Aikman
E UNUM PLURIBUS
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mace wrote:The '79 USC team wins this debate, hands down. The rest of you can argue over who was the second best team.
Jesus, Gramps, a team from only 30 years ago? Surprised you're not referencing a team from the 1930's.

By the way, in terms of talent it's Miami of 2001, hands down. I haven't a clue how any team could possibly beat that team.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:The '79 USC team wins this debate, hands down. The rest of you can argue over who was the second best team.
Nuh-uh. Jon said '01 Miami is the best, and it's not even close. Then again, he's also got Clinton Portis and Vince Wilfork going to the HOF ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), as something other than paying customers ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), so maybe we'll just stick with the facts...

1979 USC Trojans
2 Heisman Trophy Winners
Charles White
Marcus Allen

11 players in the NFL
Marcus Allen
Chip Banks
Joey Browner
Ronnie Lott
Dennis Smith
Jeff Fisher
Bruce Matthews
Don Mosebar
Anthony Munoz
Keith Van Horne
Charles White

10 1st round draft picks
Marcus Allen
Chip Banks
Joey Browner
Ronnie Lott
Dennis Smith
Bruce Matthews
Don Mosebar
Anthony Munoz
Keith Van Horne
Charles White

63 pro bowl appearances
Marcus Allen 6 pro bowls
Chip Banks 4 pro bowls
Joey Browner 6 pro bowls
Ronnie Lott 10 pro bowls
Dennis Smith 6 pro bowls
Bruce Matthews 14 pro bowls
Don Mosebar 5 pro bowls
Anthony Munoz 11 pro bowls
Charles White 1 pro bowl

4 Pro Football Hall of Famers
Marcus Allen
Ronnie Lott
Bruce Matthews
Anthony Munoz

3 College Football Hall of Famers
Marcus Allen
Ronnie Lott
Charles White

...which would seem to indicate that you are correct, and he's not.

63 Pro Bowls, 10 1st round draft picks and 4 bonafide HOF-ers, which may end up being 6, and easily could've been 7, that pretty much shoots down Willis McGahee, and clowns like Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow, Jr.

I'd have to say that not only did the '79 USC team 'come close' to that '01 Miami team's NFL production, I'd say they lapped it.

Ronnie fucking Lott. Marcus Allen. Bruce Matthews. Anthony Munoz.

63 Pro Bowls.

No projections needed. No woulda/shoulda/coulda. It's on the books. They did it.

Killian

Post by Killian »

JON, just admit you were wrong. I took a 9-3 ND team and came close to the talent level of you all time bestest ever team. Fuck, I bet that isn't eve Miami's best team.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Nuh-uh. Jon said '01 Miami is the best, and it's not even close. Then again, he's also got Clinton Portis and Vince Wilfork going to the HOF ( ), as something other than paying customers ( ), so maybe we'll just stick with the facts...
Portis is going to be a HOF'er, no doubt. Wilfork has a shot, though I would say it's a bit early on that.

But you really gotta learn to read. I said Miami has the best collection of NFL talent, not that they were the best college team. I'm talking specifically talent. I think 1995 Nebraska would give Miami 2001 a serious run for their money and they didn't have a lot of NFL talent.

But in terms of NFL talent........umm, yeah, it's Miami 2001 and it's not even close.

Wow, 1979 USC had 11 guys make the NFL. Awesome. Miami had about 20, maybe 25. Most were 1st day picks too.

4 HOF'ers on the 1979 squad? Great, Miami has a nice list too........

-Ed Reed- HOF lock. Best safety in the NFL this decade
-Clinton Portis- Pretty darn close to a HOF lock..... 9,200+ yards and almost 2,000 receiving yards. 4.5 YPC and done this in only 7 seasons- 1 of them being just half a year due to injury. 1 or 2 more good seasons and you can pencil him into Cooperstown.
-Andre Johnson will be a HOF'er as well once he's finished. The numbers he has put up playing for a pathetic franchise with a mediocre QB and O-line is amazing.

Then you have to understand that barring injuries guys like Willis McGahee and Frank Gore could be HOF'ers but I don't think either will stay healthy long enough to do that. Same goes for Winslow, if he can ever stay healthy he's got All-Pro potential, but health has always been a concern with him. And also, Sean Taylor.......might have been a HOF'er if he didn't die. He was one of the best safeties in the game.

Then you gotta remember that they've also got guys like Jeremy Shockey, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Roscoe Parrish, Bryant McKinnie, and Najeh Davenport.....all pretty darn good NFL players.

And probably 10-12 other guys on that roster played in the NFL, with many being 1st or 2nd round picks.

I don't see how you can even compare anyone to 2001 Miami when it comes to future NFL talent. It's really not even close.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:JON, just admit you were wrong. I took a 9-3 ND team and came close to the talent level of you all time bestest ever team. Fuck, I bet that isn't eve Miami's best team.
You had a list that was not even half the size of Miami's list and you say it came close in talent????? Hu???
Killian

Post by Killian »

Every starter on that team played in the NFL. They were 9-3.

And fuck, Portis must be good if you can pencil him into Cooperstown!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:Every starter on that team played in the NFL. They were 9-3.

And fuck, Portis must be good if you can pencil him into Cooperstown!
Haha! Oops! You fucking know what I meant!

He's headed to Canton, no doubt about it.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I will say this......

2001 Miami went unbeaten and won by an average of 34 points per game including a beatdown in the championship game.

And they did all this with Larry Coker as their coach. That proves just how talented they were. If they had only great talent, they probably would have lost 2 games and not won by 34 PPG since Coker was their coach. They had to have once in a lifetime talent in order to do what they did with that coach.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'd have to say that not only did the '79 USC team 'come close' to that '01 Miami team's NFL production, I'd say they lapped it.

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

38-10-3.... can't be beat.

Let me know when a team can field 1 out of 3 to 4 players on the team that makes it in the NFL.

The Dons were the greatest College team in Football History...

On and off the field....

They turned down an "Orange Bowl" appearance and a MNC for the betterment of humanity. They did so, knowing that it would cost them more than just a MNC.

It cost them their program.

Which makes them the greatest team in College Football.... History.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Toejams don't even know which team was their best....

I'd put the '72 squad against any of the others....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Seer, so would I, if we're talking greatest team, based on what the team did in college. (The '04 team might be right there, too.) That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about NFL production, and the '79 team had the most NFL production of any team mentioned so far, unless you want to count m2's usual prehistoric nonsense.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Blueblood wrote:38-10-3.... can't be beat.

Let me know when a team can field 1 out of 3 to 4 players on the team that makes it in the NFL.
Umm......hello..................

2001 Miami did just that. In fact, they beat that.

So what were you saying???
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote: unless you want to count m2's usual prehistoric nonsense.
When does this begin... ????????

30 years ago ???? the 1979 ... or a few years earlier when the best players of "their day" played ???

When does the dinosaur kick in for slowcal's ???
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... /2001/mmi/

2001 Miami Roster (bolded the players that were definitely in the NFL at some point
No Name Position Ht. Wt. Class Hometown
1 Daryl Jones WR 5-10 190 Sr Dallas, TX
2 Willis McGahee RB 6-1 220 Fr Miami, FL
3 Jason Geathers WR 6-3 215 So Boca Raton, FL
4 Najeh Davenport RB 6-2 235 Sr Miami, FL
5 Andre Johnson WR 6-3 220 So Miami, FL
6 Antrel Rolle CB 6-1 205 Fr Homestead, FL

7 Ethenic Sands WR 6-0 180 Jr Carol City, FL
8 Mike Rumph CB 6-2 200 Sr Delray Beach, FL
9 Kevin Beard WR 6-2 175 So Plantation, FL
11 Ken Dorsey QB 6-5 200 Jr Orinda, CA
12 Jair Clarke CB 5-11 173 Fr Newport News, VA
12 Nate Smith WR 6-0 205 So Elizabethtown, PA
13 Freddie Capshaw P 5-11 180 Jr Rock Springs, WY
15 Dan Lundy K 6-0 191 So Daytona Beach, FL
15 Buck Ortega QB 6-5 213 Fr Miami, FL
16 Todd Sievers K 6-3 215 Jr Ankeny, IA
17 DJ Williams LB 6-2 235 So Concord, CA
18 Derrick Crudup QB 6-1 202 Fr Deerfield Beach, FL
19 Troy Prasek QB 6-2 193 Jr Mims, FL
20 Edward Reed S 6-0 190 Sr Saint Rose, LA
21 Jermell Weaver S 6-2 190 So Miami, FL
22 Kelly Jennings CB 6-0 170 Fr Live Oak, FL
23 James Lewis CB 5-11 190 Sr Piscataway, NJ
24 Marcus Maxey CB 6-3 190 Fr Navasota, TX
25 Alphonso Marshall CB 6-1 180 Fr Clewiston, FL
26 Sean Taylor CB 6-3 220 Fr Miami, FL
27 Markese Fitzgerald CB 5-11 180 Sr Saint Petersburg, FL
28 Clinton Portis RB 5-11 190 Jr Gainesville, FL
29 James Scott CB 6-2 195 Jr Crescent City, FL
30 Alex Duk WR 6-2 205 Fr San Diego, CA
30 Jeff Malley DB 6-1 190 Fr St Petersburg, FL
30 Jovonny Ward DB 6-0 195 Fr Miami, FL
31 Phillip Buchanon CB 5-11 175 Jr Lehigh, FL
32 Frank Gore RB 5-10 190 Fr Coral Gables, FL

33 Mark Gent K 6-1 203 Fr Fort Lauderdale, FL
34 Jarrett Payton RB 6-2 205 So Arlington, IL
35 Quadtrine Hill RB 6-2 210 Fr Sunrise, FL
36 Maurice Sikes CB 5-11 194 So Miami, FL
37 Jean Leone DB 6-0 170 Fr Miami, FL
38 Carl Walker CB 6-3 190 So Jacksonville, FL
39 LaVaar Scott LB 6-3 253 Jr Sebring, FL
40 Kyle Cobia RB 6-2 231 Fr Lakeland, FL
41 Frank Bayless FB 6-0 240 So Akron, OH
43 Jarvis Gray DT 5-10 264 So Hawthorne, FL
44 Leon Williams LB 6-4 220 Fr Brooklyn, NY
45 Howard Clark LB 6-1 220 Jr Pennsauken, NJ
46 Michael Langley CB 6-0 188 Fr Machipongo, VA
47 Ken Dangerfiel LB 6-2 225 Jr Patterson, LA
48 Chris Campbell LB 6-2 225 Sr Mount Pleasant, TX
49 Darrell McClover LB 6-2 215 So Coconut Creek, FL
50 Roger McIntosh LB 6-3 220 Fr Gaffney, SC
51 Jonathan Vilma LB 6-2 215 So Coral Gables, FL
52 Steve Adzima OL 6-2 255 Fr Wallington, NJ
52 Tariq Vlaun OL 6-2 300 So Houston, TX
53 James Sikora G 6-5 260 So Marathon, FL
54 Alex Garcia OL 6-1 275 Fr Miami, FL
55 Jamal Green DE 6-3 257 Jr Camden, NJ
56 Santonio Thomas DE 6-4 296 So South Bay, FL
57 Javon Nanton LB 6-2 215 Fr Miami, FL
58 Jerrell Weaver LB 6-3 210 So Miami, FL
59 Brad Kunz G 6-7 315 Fr Carlyle, IL
60 Vernon Carey T 6-5 363 So Miami, FL
61 Toney Tella G 6-5 265 Fr Houston, TX
62 Chris Harvey S 6-3 303 So Accoville, WV
63 Scott Puckett G 6-3 283 Sr Duncanville, TX
64 Rashad Butler G 6-5 290 Fr Palm Beach Gardens, FL
65 Martin Bibla T 6-4 300 Sr Mountain Top, PA
66 Brett Romberg G 6-3 290 Jr Windsor,

67 Joe McGrath T 6-5 285 So Moose Jaw,
68 Joe Fantigrass T 6-4 270 Jr Fort Lauderdale, FL
69 Kyle Morgan DL 6-4 245 Fr San Francisco, CA
70 Joel Rodriguez G 6-3 275 Fr Miami, FL
71 Jim Wilson G 6-5 245 Jr Hollywood, FL
72 Ed Wilkins T 6-4 318 Jr Plainfield, NJ
73 Joaquin Gonzalez G 6-5 290 Sr Miami, FL
74 Sherko Haji-Rasou T 6-6 326 Jr Toronto,
75 Vince Wilfork DE 6-2 338 Fr Lantana, FL
76 Carlos Joseph G 6-6 322 So Miami, FL

77 Chris Myers G 6-5 280 Fr Miami, FL
78 Bryant McKinnie G 6-9 330 Sr Woodbury, NJ
79 Robert Bergman OL 6-5 275 Fr Bakersfield, CA
80 Robert Williams TE 6-4 240 Sr Dallas, TX
81 Kellen Winslow WR 6-5 210 Fr San Diego, CA
82 David Williams TE 6-3 230 Fr Miami, FL
83 Aaron Greeno TE 6-4 241 So Denver, CO
84 Roscoe Parrish WR 5-9 165 Fr Miami, FL
85 Ennis Crafton TE 6-3 225 Jr Cypress Creek, FL
86 Brandon Sebald TE 6-6 240 Fr Accord, NY
87 Kevin Everett TE 6-5 235 Fr Port Arthur, TX
88 Jeremy Shockey TE 6-6 236 Jr Ada, OK
90 Thomas Carroll DE 6-5 220 Fr Lakewood, NJ
91 Matt Walters DT 6-5 260 Jr Melbourne, FL
92 Orien Harris DE 6-4 280 Fr Newark, DE
93 John Square DE 6-5 203 Fr Houston, TX
94 William Joseph DE 6-5 290 Jr Miami, FL
95 Jerome McDougle DE 6-4 270 Jr Pompano, FL

96 Miguel Robede DE 6-5 261 Fr Quebec, PQ
97 Larry Anderson DT 6-4 260 So Kissimmee, FL
98 Cornelius Green DE 6-4 250 Sr Kilgore, TX
99 Andrew Williams DE 6-4 260 Jr Tampa, FL
There are probably a couple more that had a cup of coffee in the NFL at some point that I missed. 101 players on this roster and 30+ have played in the NFL. Many of them were stars. Some will be HOF'ers. And you guys are trying to say there's more talented rosters out there?? Psssshhttt.......please!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Going more in-depth on 2001 Miami.......

16 1st Round picks (5 were Top 10)
2 2nd round picks
3 3rd round picks
That means 21 of the 101 players on the roster were 1st day selections.

Just over 20% of a roster was comprised of 1st day NFL draft picks. That's absolutely insane!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Quadtrine Hill
Pray for him. Or, just stir him up in some milk. Your choice.

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Let me know... when a team of 38 players... and not 100 players like the teams mentioned 20 years later..

Can field 10 NFL players and 3 Hall of Famer's ?

It's the greatest team in College Football history... hands down.

Van, and most here would say "Jim Brown" sucked because he played in he 50's.

Fool's.....

m2 is the truth
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Why did you put a fucking apostrophe in 'Fool's'??

GODDAMMIT M2!! THAT'S JUST BRUTAL!!

For that matter, why on earth did you put quotes around a proper name?

:mrgreen:

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:Why did you put a fucking apostrophe in 'Fool's'??

I'm sensing some avoidance...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Van wrote:Seer, so would I, if we're talking greatest team, based on what the team did in college. (The '04 team might be right there, too.) That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about NFL production, and the '79 team had the most NFL production of any team mentioned so far, unless you want to count m2's usual prehistoric nonsense.
That's funny, because I'm pretty sure the thread topic is "Greatest College Football Team... EVER." Regardless of the direction that m2ool decided to spin it, I would put my money on '95 Nebraska against any team mentioned so far. If someone started a thread titled "CFB team that produced the most/highest quality NFL talent," I think your '79 Trojans would be right up at the top of the list, but that's not the topic at hand.

I could post a laundry list of players from Colorado's 1994 team that went on to play (and star) in the NFL, but that doesn't put them in the discussion for greatest CFB teams of all time.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Van wrote:Why did you put a fucking apostrophe in 'Fool's'??

Heh. Never mind that "dominate" has never been and will never be an adjective...
"Keys, woman!"
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

What MikeTADCUfan said.

Princeton, bitches.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mike, m2 started the thread, and he defined the greatest team ever by using NFL production. That was his whole point, that a huge percentage of that '51 SF team went on to play in the NFL, including three HOF-ers.

So, that's what the topic is about: NFL production, from a single year college team.

As for the best college teams ever, based on how the team did in college?

I'm only going to go with the modern era, since I don't give a fuck about leather helmet football, when the game bore no resemblance to today's game. I'd define the modern era as beginning in the mid '60s, when they stopped awarding national titles before the bowls were even played. In the modern era, I'd say the best team ever comes from these teams, in any order you wish to rank them...

'72 USC
'04 USC
'95 Nebraska
'01 Miami

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:Mike, m2 started the thread, and he defined the greatest team ever by using NFL production. That was his whole point,
Actually, that had very little to do with my premise.... tell me you knew ?

You, as my blind idiot.... have yet to answer the question in the initial post of this thread...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Tool has made this board pretty unfuckingreadabale lately. Sad with Football coming up.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Agreed. Its fine during the offseason but once the season comes around he should be banned. His act is childish and annoying and it would be nice to keep the discussion on football this season. Didn't Babs get banned from here for doing the same crap m2 is doing? There's no way I'm posting on this site during football season if the mods are going to allow him to continue spamming this board.