RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Ravens-Titans In-Game

Post by RadioFan »

RACK the weather & the crowd.

7-7, early in the 2nd.

RACK Johnson.

RACK the slugfest.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Re: Ravens-Titans In-Game

Post by peter dragon »

titans oline playing out of their fucking minds!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Both teams have stepped on their dicks, re: penalties.

Titans D playing awesome.

I'm waiting for Tennessee to score again, so that B-more has to throw the ball. Unless they are behind, the Ravens will keep up with the conservative bullshit.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

WTF is everybody, btw?

There is a Divisional Playoff game on LIVE, right?

This is the NFL forum, right? :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Too busy watching the game.

This is a knockdown, dragout, heavyweight battle between two teams that really don't like each other. This is easily the best match-up of the weekend, imo. Can't believe they didn't schedule this one for prime time.

Rack Mizzou alum Justin Gage having a great 1st half.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote: This is a knockdown, dragout, heavyweight battle between two teams that really don't like each other. This is easily the best match-up of the weekend, imo. Can't believe they didn't schedule this one for prime time.
Exactly bro.

I still think the Titans are gonna win it. Two turnovers in the first half ... very unlike them.

Hell, it may be a 10-7 game, or may end up some crazy-shit 28-27 or something.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I luv watching two teams with great defenses kick the living shit out of each. B-more is just mean and nasty... did you see where they were trying to bend Chris Johnson over backwards and break him in half? Ouch, that had to hurt. It's a good thing these guys can play football, otherwise they'd have to go to prison.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I could care less who wins this game so long as it lasts as long as the Miami-KC double overtime game back in 72.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:I could care less who wins this game so long as it lasts as long as the Miami-KC double overtime game back in 72.
Christmas Day, 1972 to be precise. Can you imagine having an NFL game, much less a playoff game, on Christmas?

Nowadays, all we get is the NBA.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Dan Dierdorf is sucking so much Baltimore cock, if dude were to burp, zygotes would come out.

Yeah, we fucking GET it, dude, you LIKE defense.

Jesus.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

There won't be a winner of this game, only a survivor.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Did Flacco not step out the back of the endzone on that 3rd down play? Sure looked like he did, yet no replay?
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:There won't be a winner of this game, only a survivor.
Wow.

What a defensive performance, by both teams.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:Did Flacco not step out the back of the endzone on that 3rd down play? Sure looked like he did, yet no replay?
Close, but I don't think he did, at least not in real time. Normally CBS is better than that, however.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

10-10, Last 4:13 or so ...

Here we go...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Great call, on the play clock, refs. :meds:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Ballgame.

Great defensive performance, by both teams. Outstanding.

Wags, you're right, no "winner" in this game, just a survivor.

Wow, great game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

And the #1 seed goes down, again.

Seldom does a game go exactly as expected, but this one did.

Rack the Ravens.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The best part of the Titans losing is that the Lions can make a move on Jim Schwartz next week...I'd love to see a tough defensive team in Detroit. That fancy offensive crap is overrated.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I only watched a chunk of the second half, but, what I saw was not a great defensive performance, but a titans team that seemed to move the ball at will, then give it away in the red zone repeatedly.

And what does everyone think about going for the tie with over 4 minutes left? It was BS, imo. Fourth and a half yard? Bang that fukker in. If there was under 2 minutes left, maybe I would think differently.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Was not in here because I was at the game. Awesome game, but I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. Never had I seen a team dominate that much only to hand it to the other team. Sickening is all I can say.

I have to give props to Ravens fans. They showed up en masse to the game. 13 hour drive and there were a ton of them.

The only problem fan I dealt with at the game was this 50-something year old fucking Titan fan. At one point, I yelled "what in the sam hell was he thinking?" and the guy shoots me a look. I just looked at him and said "what?" He said "You might wanna tone it down a bit.". Had his son with him. Prolly 16 years old. Fuck him. I can't say hell? From that point on, anytime someone around me cussed, and there was a lot of it, I would tell them jokingly they might wanna tone it down a bit. Those around me heard this jackass the first time so everyone got a kick out of it.

In any case, this was our year. We need a receiver that is a threat and a QB. Fuck it, bring in Plaxico. Collins is not bad at all, but he's old. Our defense is in its prime. We need a quick fix on offense or look for more of the same next year.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

smackaholic wrote:And what does everyone think about going for the tie with over 4 minutes left? It was BS, imo. Fourth and a half yard?
If I was a Titan fan I'd have been ok with Fisher's decision there.

If they had gone for it and not made it, it's a possibility that they would not have even gotten another chance to TRY even a long FG to tie the game.

Take your 3, tie the game and leave it in the hands of your defense to hold back the Crows ... again, as they basically did all game long.

It sucks kicking a FG when you get down to the 10 yd line, but coming out of that with NO points would have really been the suck.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yes, there are chances you have to deal with. i think the chance of the other team scoring a fg in 4+ minutes was greater than the chance of not picking up half a yard.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:yes, there are chances you have to deal with. i think the chance of the other team scoring a fg in 4+ minutes was greater than the chance of not picking up half a yard.
And that's why you don't coach in the NFL, crackaholic.

No Fucking Brainer to kick the FG there.

This ain't peewee football.

Even if they eek out a 1st down against that staunch defense, which was by no means a given... they still haven't scored. You have to tie the game in that situation. Or maybe not get another chance.

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:Even if they eek out a 1st down against that staunch defense, which was by no means a given... they still haven't scored
Yes, exactly right.

They would have had a first and goal on what, the 8 or 9 yd line?

If it had been 4th and a half yd at somewhere inside the 5 yds line, then yeah, I think going for it may have been the best way to go.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: If it had been 4th and a half yd at somewhere inside the 5 yds line, then yeah, I think going for it may have been the best way to go.
Huh?

Even more wrong.

Where the hell did that idiotic, shit take come from?

Pull head from ass.

I can't even begin to describe how wrong that is.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:The only problem fan I dealt with at the game was this 50-something year old fucking Titan fan. At one point, I yelled "what in the sam hell was he thinking?" and the guy shoots me a look. I just looked at him and said "what?" He said "You might wanna tone it down a bit.". Had his son with him. Prolly 16 years old. Fuck him. I can't say hell? From that point on, anytime someone around me cussed, and there was a lot of it, I would tell them jokingly they might wanna tone it down a bit. Those around me heard this jackass the first time so everyone got a kick out of it.
I'm surprised the guys around you were that nice. Any stadium that I've ever been to, "what is the Sam Hell" would be considered akin to my grandfather saying "Judas Priest!"

I wonder what 50 something Church Lady wannabe would have thought about this guy I saw at a Steelers-Bills game a few years back.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

War Wagon wrote:
poptart wrote: If it had been 4th and a half yd at somewhere inside the 5 yds line, then yeah, I think going for it may have been the best way to go.
Huh?

Even more wrong.

Where the hell did that idiotic, shit take come from?

Pull head from ass.

I can't even begin to describe how wrong that is.
Why is it wrong?

It makes perfect sense.

Is it more likely that you'll score a TD if you've got 1st and goal at the 8 yd line or first and goal at the 4 yd line?

If you go for that 4th down at the 9 yd line and convert, your odds of being able to take it the rest of the way for a TD are still not that great.

But if you go for a 4th down at the 4 yd line and make it, your odds of being able to take it the rest of the way are pretty good.

Classic risk/reward decision, Wagon.

Not only that, but if you go for it at the 4 and don't convert, you've left the Ravens even MORE deep in a hole than if you go for it and don't convert on the 9 yd line.

Re-think this, Wags.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:I wonder what 50 something Church Lady wannabe would have thought about this guy I saw at a Steelers-Bills game a few years back.

Well, I'm assuming he was some kind of pastor or something so he would have asked that guy to shoot those fingers up his crusty asshole.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Is it more likely that you'll score a TD if you've got 1st and goal at the 8 yd line or first and goal at the 4 yd line?

If you go for that 4th down at the 9 yd line and convert, your odds of being able to take it the rest of the way for a TD are still not that great.

But if you go for a 4th down at the 4 yd line and make it, your odds of being able to take it the rest of the way are pretty good.
That wasn't the point and the answer to the above question matters not to the particular situation being discussed, but I'll address that question later.

They had to have a FG with 4 minutes left to tie the game. I don't care if they were at the 1/2 yard line or the 20. You go for it on 4th down and don't make it, the game could be over, and you'll forever be known as the dumbfuck coach who made the idiotic decision that eliminated your team from the post-season.

Jeff Fischer will not be known as that guy. Damn good coach.

Maybe during the regular season you roll the dice on a risky call like that, but not during the playoffs and most certainly not against the Ravens defense.

To the question you posed, yeah... I suppose that's true. Again, it depends on the situation... but how many times have you seen a team go for it on 4th down, make it, then wind up turning over the ball anydamnway on a fumble or INT?

I've seen that many times and been left thinking that even though they converted that 4th down, they still should have kicked the damn FG.