Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II

Post by Vito Corleone »

Found it on Orangeblood pretty funny stuff
BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II
US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II

Post by MuchoBulls »

RACK it!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

That is some funny shit. :lol:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

maybe if UT played a better OOC schedule you wouldn't have to do this stuff.

outside the Ohio State series, UT rarely plays anyone good OOC and is too regional in scheduling (trans.: never leave the state of Texas in September out of hubris). Arkansas, Rice, Houston, etc. all the "traditional SWC conference rivalry" crap is an excuse for cupcake city.

i know UT has some nice OOC scheduled in coming years (which proves my point)....but you make this bed when UTEP is your marquee OOC game.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

pretty funny, though.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:maybe if UT played a better OOC schedule you wouldn't have to do this stuff.

outside the Ohio State series, UT rarely plays anyone good OOC and is too regional in scheduling (trans.: never leave the state of Texas in September out of hubris). Arkansas, Rice, Houston, etc. all the "traditional SWC conference rivalry" crap is an excuse for cupcake city.

i know UT has some nice OOC scheduled in coming years (which proves my point)....but you make this bed when UTEP is your marquee OOC game.
Hop off the soapbox. Scheduling is a weird thing. When you schedule some teams they could be good at that time and suck when you play them. When did you guys schedule Cincinnati? They have been a 7-5 team forever. TCU....we played them last year. When you scheduled the U they were good. When you played them they sucked. Arkansas was scheduled years ago when they were good. Rice ended up 9-3. FAU won their conference last year. UTEP was an instate thing...I equate it to Tennessee Chattanooga.

Next year is a little weak as Arkansas opted out. We do have home and homes with UCLA and Mississippi. We also have Central Florida and Wyoming. Who knows, they could end up being good games. You have future dates with FSU (who is down), Tulsa, Notre Dame? and Tennessee (5-7 this year) Does this mean that they are going to suck when you play them?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:
King Crimson wrote:maybe if UT played a better OOC schedule you wouldn't have to do this stuff.

Hop off the soapbox. Scheduling is a weird thing. When you schedule some teams they could be good at that time and suck when you play them. When did you guys schedule Cincinnati? They have been a 7-5 team forever. TCU....we played them last year. When you scheduled the U they were good. When you played them they sucked. Arkansas was scheduled years ago when they were good. Rice ended up 9-3. FAU won their conference last year. UTEP was an instate thing...I equate it to Tennessee Chattanooga.

Next year is a little weak as Arkansas opted out. We do have home and homes with UCLA and Mississippi. We also have Central Florida and Wyoming. Who knows, they could end up being good games. You have future dates with FSU (who is down), Tulsa, Notre Dame? and Tennessee (5-7 this year) Does this mean that they are going to suck when you play them?

the CIncy home-home ("home-home", as in actually play a road game) was scheduled in 07. OU has consistently played a marquee BCS opponent every year--Oregon, Alabama, Miami, UCLA, UW...and Tennessee, FSU, LSU, ND, and Ohio State in the future.

UT has not. scheduling may be a weird thing, but UT takes the "weird" out of scheduling by playing "traditional SWC conference rivals" and not leaving the state of Texas. dig?

chattanooga was embarrassing but MIddle Tenn St. backed out at the last minute and MTSU beat Maryland, who beat Cal.
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

King Crimson wrote:...Travelocity beat Cal.
FTFY
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RACK!

I thought the Americans should've been rated higher because the invasion by Japan happened early in the war. Also, the Americans were clearly not awake for that attack. I thought they stacked up a good winning streak after that.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Germany should be banned from World Wars. Two times in a row they get to one, and two times in row they get their asses handed to them. Nobody wants to see them there again.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Of course, if the Germans and the Russians want to kill a few million of each other again, that would be OK. Maybe we could include the Somalis, Indians, Pakistanis, Koreans, and Chinese as well.

Why not have a WW w/o American involvment.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I guess only a UT fan would think that Germany somehow finished in a three-way tie in WWII.
And only OU fan thinks that they deserve to be rated ahead of a team that beat them on a neutral field by 10 points.

As for the schedule: We have done home and homes with Arkansas, UCLA, Ohio State, North Carolina, Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, Penn State. Saying we do not schedule good teams is a joke.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:I guess only a UT fan would think that Germany somehow finished in a three-way tie in WWII.
And only OU fan thinks that they deserve to be rated ahead of a team that beat them on a neutral field by 10 points.

As for the schedule: We have done home and homes with Arkansas, UCLA, Ohio State, North Carolina, Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, Penn State. Saying we do not schedule good teams is a joke.
you've pissed your pants many times in the last couple days Harv. but, the "truth" is UT rarely plays a good OOC schedule.

when was it in the past 20 years UT played home-homes with ND, Pitt, and/or PSU? Never. you are full of it Harv. and UT plays a weak OOC. deal with it.

i call BS.
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Texas does it's out of conference just like every other team in this league, we go for one really good team and a bunch of cupcakes. Up until last week when Missouri lost our SOS was much higher and probably still would be without kansas kicking that field goal. As for strength of OOC didn't you guys play two sub-D1A teams? It was real nice of Cinnci to be a BCS team for you, too bad Arkansas couldn't do the same favor for us. Gee I wonder when I look at something like that which looks better on paper? Just think we could have scheduled a monster team like ND or Michigan and on paper it would have looked better than Arkansas but Cinnci still would have made your OOC schedule better than ours.

Maybe you didn't plan it that way it just happened, after all it might happen to Texas next year we play those monster Wyoming Cowboys who just might go through the entire season with only one convincing loss and become a BCS bowl buster. Stranger things have happened like the Cinnci bearcats being better than Arkansas, Michigan, and ND.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:Texas does it's out of conference just like every other team in this league, we go for one really good team and a bunch of cupcakes. Up until last week when Missouri lost our SOS was much higher and probably still would be without kansas kicking that field goal. As for strength of OOC didn't you guys play two sub-D1A teams? It was real nice of Cinnci to be a BCS team for you, too bad Arkansas couldn't do the same favor for us. Gee I wonder when I look at something like that which looks better on paper? Just think we could have scheduled a monster team like ND or Michigan and on paper it would have looked better than Arkansas but Cinnci still would have made your OOC schedule better than ours.

Maybe you didn't plan it that way it just happened, after all it might happen to Texas next year we play those monster Wyoming Cowboys who just might go through the entire season with only one convincing loss and become a BCS bowl buster. Stranger things have happened like the Cinnci bearcats being better than Arkansas, Michigan, and ND.
when UT schedules and plays a road game at Michigan and South Bend this "take" will maybe mean something.
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:
Harvdog wrote:

you've pissed your pants many times in the last couple days Harv. but, the "truth" is UT rarely plays a good OOC schedule.

when was it in the past 20 years UT played home-homes with ND, Pitt, and/or PSU? Never. you are full of it Harv. and UT plays a weak OOC. deal with it.

i call BS.
We played Pitt Home and Home in the 94 and 95 seasons. We played Notre Dame in the 95-96 seasons. We played PSU in 89-90. 90-91 we played Miss St and CU. Both were top 20 teams. 92-93 we played Syracuse and they were also top 20. Virginia was 95-96. Spare me with the weak OOC smack.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Harvdog wrote:
And only Texas fan thinks that a team that beat them on the field and has an identical conference record shouldn't be part of the conversation.
Yeah, you're right.

Personally, I think it does matter that OU lost to Texas, inasmuch as that loss forced us to go to a fifth tiebreaker. The tiebreakers were set up before the season. It's not like OU had a secret meeting with the Big 12 office to change them after October 11th or something.

You can continue to pule and whine about it all you want, but the fact is that enough of the voters thought OU was better than Texas even considering the head-to-head that it kept things tight enough for the computers to make a difference.

Sucks for Texas (and Tech) fan. Next time I bet your defensive back catches the ball.
I really hopes it happens to OU in the future. The meltdowns will be epic. It does suck or us. But to act like losing head to head does not mater is bullshit and you know it. It the shoe was on the other foot and Texas lost to OU and was going ahead you would be up in arms with the rest of the resident sooners. The voters proved their collective worth when they forgot about head to head wins. It has always mattered. Scoreboard is Scoreboard. At least admit that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:
We played Pitt Home and Home in the 94 and 95 seasons. We played Notre Dame in the 95-96 seasons. We played PSU in 89-90. 90-91 we played Miss St and CU. Both were top 20 teams. 92-93 we played Syracuse and they were also top 20. Virginia was 95-96. Spare me with the weak OOC smack.

so, you admit all your best OOC is 20+ years ago. and before Saint Mack. interesting.
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:
Harvdog wrote:

so, you admit all your best OOC is 20+ years ago. and before Saint Mack. interesting.
I would ask you if you are retarded but your avatar says it all. We played Ohio State, Arkansas, UCLA and others under Mack. We played UNC, NC State, Stanford.......Is this easy for you to comprehend?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Harvdog wrote: Scoreboard is Scoreboard. At least admit that.

noone is disputing Tejas beat OU.

if OU hadnt gone to the champ game..i dont think you'd of heard OU fan melt beacuse hey, we should have beat you guys in October. Kinda like you guys should have beat Tech in Nov.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

King Crimson wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:Texas does it's out of conference just like every other team in this league, we go for one really good team and a bunch of cupcakes. Up until last week when Missouri lost our SOS was much higher and probably still would be without kansas kicking that field goal. As for strength of OOC didn't you guys play two sub-D1A teams? It was real nice of Cinnci to be a BCS team for you, too bad Arkansas couldn't do the same favor for us. Gee I wonder when I look at something like that which looks better on paper? Just think we could have scheduled a monster team like ND or Michigan and on paper it would have looked better than Arkansas but Cinnci still would have made your OOC schedule better than ours.

when UT schedules and plays a road game at Michigan and South Bend this "take" will maybe mean something.
You mean sorta like that Night game we played in the shoe in 2k5? Or maybe you mean when we played ND in South Bend back in the mid-90's Or maybe you mean like when we had to go to Arkansas and play the Pigs?

Maybe we should talk the next time Oklahoma doesn't schedule a sub-D1A program.

It's good to be back
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote: Hop off the soapbox. Scheduling is a weird thing. When you schedule some teams they could be good at that time and suck when you play them.
Yeah because Rice and FAU were national powers just a few years ago. :Meds: Ansd I am sure you scheduled Arkansas after that string of SEC titles they never won or even sniffed.

When did you guys schedule Cincinnati? They have been a 7-5 team forever. TCU....we played them last year. When you scheduled the U they were good. When you played them they sucked. Arkansas was scheduled years ago when they were good. Rice ended up 9-3. FAU won their conference last year. UTEP was an instate thing...I equate it to Tennessee Chattanooga.
We don't go out and find a UT-Chat. They were thrust upon Oklahoma. Clemson backed out of a series and then Middle Tennessee State followed suit.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Rice is a really good team? :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Why does the head to head between Texas and Tech not matter to you?
Tech beat us. I have never disputed that. It is interesting to watch OU fam clamor over that and not that we beat them by 10. In almost every conference in America a 3 way tie breaker is based on the 2 teams with the highest ranking and when you take the 2 highest ranked teams (Texas and OU) you look at head to head between those 2 teams. Texas won. Big XII does not work that way. Stupid.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/Atta ... to_the_air

A couple of comments from the message board for this story.

"Hey, We started it. - We should "man-up" and remember, paybacks are a bitch... Besides, this could be a great new tradition - Settling it in the air instead of on the ground. Look how much we could save the athletic program by settling the 'Red River Shootout' by deciding the winner by "Most Clever Banner Pulled By A Drunken Crop Duster"!"

"Mack Brown spent an awful lot of time this past couple weeks screaming about the importance of a HEADS-UP WIN. In the final (published) Coaches Poll of 2006 he voted a 9-3 Texas A&M team #22. On the same ballot, he also voted a 9-3 Texas Longhorns team #15. Seven spots higher than A&M. Problem being that A&M had just beaten Texas 7-12 on November 24th"
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Rice is a really good team? :lol:
No they would be classified as a cupcake sorta like North Texas, oh wait you play them also. Maybe their like TCU oh wait we have both played them over the last 2 years. We Schedule Rice because U of H screwed us over and we always play at lease one game per year in Houston and Dallas. It's an Alumni thing. We also have a obligation as the flagship Texas school to help the lesser programs like UTEP, Rice, UNT, and TCU, each of those programs benefits greatly from a game with Texas Financially.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Harvdog wrote: Listen, if before the season UT fan had been complaining about the Big 12 tiebreaker I'd have agreed with them. In fact, I'm down with it being changed after THIS season. Problem is that it's in place THIS season. Hey, sure, I'd absolutely think it sucked if I were a Texas fan. The fact remains that you can't change the rules in midstream because you don't like the result they give you.

What I don't get is why nobody ever tries to get rules changed before they feel like they got treated unfairly?
the problem here isn't the rules, per se, but rather the fact voters evaluated the criteria and voted oklahoma ahead of texas. i know you understand the difference, so it's not as easy as sitting back and saying, well, those are the rules.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Yeah because Rice and FAU were national powers just a few years ago. :Meds: Ansd I am sure you scheduled Arkansas after that string of SEC titles they never won or even sniffed.
As opposed to Utah State, MIddle tennessee State and Alabam Birmingham?

SunCoastSooner wrote:
We don't go out and find a UT-Chat. They were thrust upon Oklahoma. Clemson backed out of a series and then Middle Tennessee State followed suit.
We know the feeling. We had to schedule Louisiana Monroe next year because Arkansas backed out. I mean who have they beaten in the last few years? That's right, they beat Alabama.

It's funny how you criticize Texas. Tell me who has played an easier schedule:

Team A: UTEP, Houston, TCU, North Texas, UCLA, Alabama (1 year 10-3, next year 4-9), Bowling Green, Washington ( 1 year 5-7, next year 0-11), Oregon ( 1 year 5-6, nexy year 7-6), South Florida, Tulsa, and Utah State.

or Team B: UTEP, Houston, TCU, North Texas, Tulane (1 year 8-5, next year 5-7), Ohio State (1 year 10-2, next year 12-1) Rice, Arkansas (1 year 9-4, next year 5-7), UNC (1 year 7-5, next year 3-9), Central Florida, Florida Atlantic.

Which has played more cupcakes?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Texas has played more cupcakes. deal with it Harv. playing Ohio State is not giving you the "win" here. Arkansas is a "traditional SWC rivalry" i guess.

and you make a list of BCS teams after that, that UT plays OOC. how often does UT play out of Texas?
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:Texas has played more cupcakes. deal with it Harv. playing Ohio State is not giving you the "win" here. Arkansas is a "traditional SWC rivalry" i guess.

and you make a list of BCS teams after that, that UT plays OOC. how often does UT play out of Texas?
No, we haven't. OU plays a ton more than we do. The facts are in the schedules, not your little brain.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

You OU fuckers keep coming up with "late losses", blah, blah, blah. THAT is exactly why we are PISSED :brad: . No one loses later than fucking OU every fucking year!!!!!!! God damn BCS choke artists. BOISE STATE???????????????? WEST VIRGINIA??????????????????? 55-19??????????????????????????????? Talk about getting over and losing LATE. Pathetic ass poster boys for late losses. :hfal: :hfal: :hfal: :hfal: :hfal: :hfal:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Texas has played more cupcakes. deal with it Harv. playing Ohio State is not giving you the "win" here. Arkansas is a "traditional SWC rivalry" i guess.

No, we haven't. OU plays a ton more than we do. The facts are in the schedules, not your little brain.
take a wild ride Harv and educate me with some facts....more than the "a ton more" argument. i know your mom just dropped you off at the mall after getting your braces tightened but you have to do better than that.

let's see those schedules.
"
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Harvdog wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Harvdog wrote:

I would ask you if you are retarded but your avatar says it all. We played Ohio State, Arkansas, UCLA and others under Mack. We played UNC, NC State, Stanford.......Is this easy for you to comprehend?
Didn't you lose to NC State and Stanford? And UCLA?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

lost to Arkansas too, in Austin. some real powerhouse teams: UNC, NC State, Stanford.

when that's the self-reported cream of the UT OOC....ya know?

fish in a barrel.
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Team A is OU's OOC opponents since 2002. Team B is Texas. One thing that sticks out is the number of common opponents. The other is that your best OOC game was against Alabama.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I think Harv has been hanging out with Matthew Mcconaughey beating bongo drums, dancing naked, and hitting the bong a bit much lately....