Tickled PINK at the WHINING about ND!!!!

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Tickled PINK at the WHINING about ND!!!!

Post by Buried_Nick »

Fucking espn's little 'Bracketology' program on right now.
Whine, ... Whine.... WAH-- WAH!!!! Notre Dame!!!

Conspiracy! ......[wah-wha-sob... sob!!!]

Christ! The Big Least was a very mediocre confernce. 4th behind the likes of the ACC, Big-12 and Pac-10. ND lost to some REAL Turkeys this season. Michigan, being one. Christ! They were #90-something in the RPI!!!!!
Gimme a fucking BREAK Digger/Vitale!!!!!

I LOVE the whine by Digger especially!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Yeah, the Big East really sucked this year!

:roll:
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Babs wrote:imho, RPI is over rated. And the selection committee has been relying on it less and less the last few years.

And Babs, I don't give a flying fuck that ND didn't get in.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Tickled PINK at the WHINING about ND!!!!

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

MSUFAN wrote:Christ! The Big Least was a very mediocre confernce. 4th behind the likes of the ACC, Big-12 and Pac-10.
:roll: Are you really that ignorant, Babs, or just horribly biased? The Big East was easily the best conference in the country this season, overall.

Not to mention that ND played the toughest conference schedule in the conference, in the entire country, for that matter. Home-and-homes against UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, 'Nova and Gtown.
ND lost to some REAL Turkeys this season. Michigan, being one.
Michigan and Rutgers were the only teams ND lost to with RPI > 100. By contrast, they beat Fredo, UConn and 'Nova, all of whom were Top 50 RPI, and West Virginia, Georgetown and Indiana, all of whom were 51-100 RPI.
Christ! They were #90-something in the RPI!!!!!
Thought the RPI wasn't important this year.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I don't know what drugs the selection committee is huffing. I'm hardly a homer for ND, but they got straight JOBBED. Somebody tell me how UAB is a better team than ND.

And then there is Syracuse. All they did was go 27-6 overal and 11-5 in the best conference in the country AND won the conference championship. And that rates a 4 seed?

And for those hating on the Big East, just wait until next year. That's when Louisville, Cincinatti, Depaul and USF join in. I'll take the new Big East against any and all comers.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BSmack wrote:I don't know what drugs the selection committee is huffing. I'm hardly a homer for ND, but they got straight JOBBED. Somebody tell me how UAB is a better team than ND.
Imho, the Selection Committee decided to make this the year of the mid-major, nevermind whether it was deserved or not. I have little doubt that the Selection Committee was creaming in their pants when New Mexico beat Utah for the MWC championship and Utah State beat Pacific for the Big West championship.
And then there is Syracuse. All they did was go 27-6 overal and 11-5 in the best conference in the country AND won the conference championship. And that rates a 4 seed?
I was surprised that both Syracuse and Fredo wound up as 4 seeds, while UConn got a 2. Looks to me like the latter might have been a reward for last year's run.
And for those hating on the Big East, just wait until next year. That's when Louisville, Cincinatti, Depaul and USF join in. I'll take the new Big East against any and all comers.
Marquette joins as well. It'll be a great conference while it lasts, but unfortunately, I don't see it lasting more than five seasons or so.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Imho, the Selection Committee decided to make this the year of the mid-major, nevermind whether it was deserved or not. I have little doubt that the Selection Committee was creaming in their pants when New Mexico beat Utah for the MWC championship and Utah State beat Pacific for the Big West championship.
Prolly dead on Terry.
I was surprised that both Syracuse and Fredo wound up as 4 seeds, while UConn got a 2. Looks to me like the latter might have been a reward for last year's run.

Marquette joins as well. It'll be a great conference while it lasts, but unfortunately, I don't see it lasting more than five seasons or so.
I think you're right about UConn's seeding. As for BC, fuck em. They're dead to me.

As for the Big East, why do you think the conference is only going to last 5 or so years? You're not the first one to say that, but I have to admit I don't see why it can't last. They're going to be a powerhouse accross the board. Why kill it?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The worst Big East team, St. John's was 2-1 against the ACC with the only loss being a 7 point one to Duke.

Former Big East cellar dwellers VT and Miami had a 4 and a 8 seed respectively in the ACC Tournament.

The Big East has won the last 2 National Championships with UConn beating 2 ACC teams in last years Final Four.

Yeah, the Big East sucks all right :roll: .
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Okay ladies, time to shoot holes in the Big East's arguement.

Syracuse was 6-6 against teams in the tourney, plus they never left the state of NY until Jan 10. (4 seed justified, IMO)

ND was 4-6 against tourney teams. (Enjoy the NIT)

BC beat a shitty Clemson team at home. UConn lost to NC at home(this year). Syracuse,Villanova, Pitt and ND didn't face an ACC team. WV beat NCSt on the road.

Wake beat a shitty PC team on a neutral court, Duke beat St John's on the road, GT didn't play the BE and NCSt lost to St John's also.

There was a reason the Big East backed out of their agreement with the ACC to play the challenge.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

St. John's also beat VT.

Terry, Marquette is not going to be a very good team next season. They showed that without Diener that they sucked.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BSmack wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Imho, the Selection Committee decided to make this the year of the mid-major, nevermind whether it was deserved or not. I have little doubt that the Selection Committee was creaming in their pants when New Mexico beat Utah for the MWC championship and Utah State beat Pacific for the Big West championship.
Prolly dead on Terry.
Another reason to select UAB, which just occurred to me: C-USA is in a state of major flux, with eight teams leaving before next season and adding six new teams. They return the bare minimum number of teams (6) to retain their automatic bid. Louisville, Cincinnati and Charlotte all leave next year -- the first two to the Big East and the last to the A-10. Ya think just maybe the Selection Committee was not too thrilled about a conference with an automatic bid returning no teams that made the tournament from that conference last season?
As for the Big East, why do you think the conference is only going to last 5 or so years? You're not the first one to say that, but I have to admit I don't see why it can't last. They're going to be a powerhouse accross the board. Why kill it?
http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2575. Check out the link in my first post. Not sure if it's authentic, but if it is, it certainly speaks to the possibility of a future split, as well as to the reasons why it didn't happen just yet.

Not to mention the fact that a 16-team conference may prove to be unworkable. See the WAC circa late 1990's for an example.

As I understand it, beginning next season each Big East team will have a home-and-home against three other teams, and will not play two teams. Not sure if the two DNP teams will be the same for every team every year (probably not), but that looks like a recipe for a future split to me.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:As I understand it, beginning next season each Big East team will have a home-and-home against three other teams, and will not play two teams. Not sure if the two DNP teams will be the same for every team every year (probably not), but that looks like a recipe for a future split to me.
Correct on the scheduling format for the Big East next season. I think the teams that you don't play come on after you don't play them for 2 seasons, but I am not certain.

A split between the all sports members and non football playing members has been rumored for a while.

Also agree with your take on UAB. C-USA will be no more than a 2 or 3 bid Conference for a while beginning next year.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Killian wrote:
Babs wrote:imho, RPI is over rated. And the selection committee has been relying on it less and less the last few years.

And Babs, I don't give a flying fuck that ND didn't get in.
Yeah; because you guys are SO gonna kick our asses at the Domer Stadium this fall, huh. :lol:

That little 2 min. whine fest by Vitale and Digger, was just epic shit.
That team deserved a bid about as much as Depaul or Maryland or Christ! Indiana!!! In fact, IU was in a sure as shit if they coulda just shown up vs. Minn. I can't believe the refs didn't see to it than IU got the "Duke" treatment.

And btw- Lillian, you asswipe. Yes, the rpi is an over rated guage for selecting. But DAMN how can one argue with them being in the fucking 90's!!!?

Maryland deserved it way more. The Big Least is the 4th best conference. Face it. ND has a very "iffy" non-conference sched. Just look it ip! You guys lost to FOOGIN MICHIGAN!!!!!

Oh, forgot who I was typing to. :roll:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Cueball wrote:Okay ladies, time to shoot holes in the Big East's arguement.

Syracuse was 6-6 against teams in the tourney, plus they never left the state of NY until Jan 10. (4 seed justified, IMO)

ND was 4-6 against tourney teams. (Enjoy the NIT)

BC beat a shitty Clemson team at home. UConn lost to NC at home(this year). Syracuse,Villanova, Pitt and ND didn't face an ACC team. WV beat NCSt on the road.

Wake beat a shitty PC team on a neutral court, Duke beat St John's on the road, GT didn't play the BE and NCSt lost to St John's also.

There was a reason the Big East backed out of their agreement with the ACC to play the challenge.
Thank you.

I was gonna go and link to a couple ratings sites and show these assholes how myopic they are, but you saved me 10 minutes of my busy day.

ND was NOT that good. Especially their Non Conf. "rpi" (theres that word again) sched. strength. They really didn't do much.

But, I WILL say, they were like IU, they HAD to win one and get in. Digger Phucks was spouting out his arse when he was quoted as saying they're in regardless of the Rutgers debacle.

Three Letter Tournament !!!!!!! :lol:
Killian

Post by Killian »

Babs,

I'm not sure how many times I have to type it, but I don't give a fuck that they didn't get in. I just like coming in here and pointing out your dumb ass arguments, and how you contradict yourself. Where is MSU's #1 or #2 seed? The sad thing about your "takes" on this board is that it's just regurgitated shit from cbs.sportsline or some other website. You can't form an opinion of your own because you don't know shit about these teams. You haven't seen anyone that hasn't played MSU, yet you come in here and try to talk with some authority on the way the field is selected. One site or show goes on and on about RPI, and here you are 2 hours later with the same shit. Then someone denounces the RPI, and you say it doesn't matter. It's an endless cycle of shitty posts.

Have fun watching ODU be the 12 this year that upsets a 5. MSU chokes worse than you on CRodgers cock.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Lillian wrote:Babs,
.......... (*tick* ...... *tock* ..........
.....*tick* ....... tock*)

"KA ---- BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!"
:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Buried_Nick on Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

BSmack wrote:And then there is Syracuse. All they did was go 27-6 overal and 11-5 in the best conference in the country AND won the conference championship. And that rates a 4 seed?
I can't stand Syracuse, but I think they got jobbed as well. Louisville arguably got hosed the worst. At 29-4 they were ranked in the top 10, won 17 out of their last 18 games and got a fucking 4 seed? Yeah, committee integrity there. :roll:

Also, instead of being so mid-major happy, the committee should have given a ND or Md. the opportunity via the play-in game. It would generate a bigger viewing audience and would help settle the lower-tier major teams vs. the mid-majors argument. Nobody gives a fuck about Oakland-Alabama A&M, but many would watch if it were Alabama A&M vs. a ND.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

I like that! ND v. Terps, play-in!

Finally, someone with imagination in here.

But, read the following from the 4th rated conference, and you all can see it was a 6 team no brainer for the Big Least.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_bige_Men.html
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MSUFAN wrote:I like that! ND v. Terps, play-in!

Finally, someone with imagination in here.

But, read the following from the 4th rated conference, and you all can see it was a 6 team no brainer for the Big Least.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_bige_Men.html
An RPI of 197 for St. Johns is a fucking joke. If you think St. Johns was worse than 2/3 of all the DI teams out there, then you are a fucking tard.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Not worse than 2/3, but not very damn good. That's what
I get anyway out of the RPI. It shows relative suckage levels. And by God, if you're in the damn 90's, that's suckage enough.

Hoping IU, ND, Maryland and Memphis, ALL make it to the Garden. That, I'd watch.

I hope Darius Washington Jr. gets to make two throws to win in O.T. by one over ND. That poor kid is lucky to be off suicide watch, man.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MSUFAN wrote:But, read the following from the 4th rated conference, and you all can see it was a 6 team no brainer for the Big Least.
I don't think anyone is shocked ND didn't get in. Had they beaten Rutgers and maybe taken another game in Big East Tournament, then maybe you get 7 teams in.

As far as the 4th rated Conference goes, that is just fodder based on computers. I think the Big East has proven itself to be one of the best conferences year in and year out regardless of what computers say.

I agree with Radiofan, Louisville got fucking jobbed. No way they should have been below a #2 seed.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

I actually thought Pitino was a lock #1.

I had OSU, Louisville, Ill. and UNC
With two of those ^ making the Final Four.
As it stands now, I have NO #1's making the FF.
Least not the ones they picked.

Oh, and whoever used "Babs" as their entry name on the brackets, can go suck a dick. :wink: (probaly mu manseed lover, Skull.) :roll:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

MSUFAN wrote:I actually thought Pitino was a lock #1.

Oh, and whoever used "Babs" as their entry name on the brackets, can go suck a dick. :wink: (probaly mu manseed lover, Skull.) :roll:
If it wasn't you, send a PM to ornicus and he'll take care of it.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

word. somehow another person responding to an insult is melting.
why is my neighborhood on fire
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I thought I'd already explained this to you in a PM, but apparently that's not the case here. 'Twas my flub-up. I got a couple posters mixed up and can't fix it until this evening.

If it's all the same to you, I'll pass on that dick, though.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MSUFAN wrote:I hope Darius Washington Jr. gets to make two throws to win in O.T. by one over ND. That poor kid is lucky to be off suicide watch, man.
ND and Memphis won't meet, if at all, until the Final Four of the NIT. http://216.197.108.8/sj/cache/post-bracket.cfm Props for rooting for the Domers for three games. :P
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

RadioFan wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:I actually thought Pitino was a lock #1.

If it wasn't you, send a PM to ornicus and he'll take care of it.
OK. Prolly Skull. He proly used his twink roomates computer, and picked all kinds of wack picks like Montana over Wa. just to trash me, so I'll finish last.

Typical. When you're in their domes so far, like that. :roll:
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Didn't see the pm notice, nor his post, you bastard.

Who the fuck are you, anyway?!

Get the hell off my jock, would ya? Christ. Fuckin OU fan. :roll:
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Fuck; you. Shit for brains. God, you suck.

Oh, and ND fans. I would be SO embarrassed for my U. right now, I don't know what I'd do.

A completely fucked up A.D and coach search, by a football program that is a mere SHELL of what it once was. (albeit, decades ago)

Now back to back NIT's and here we have a Holy Cross plungering!

I'm beside myself! :lol:

Holy (shit) Cross?!

How much lower can it go, ND! First W for HC over ND in Forty-eight years!!!! :lol:
Killian

Post by Killian »

ND fans just remind themselves that they aren't MSU fans. Hell, this down turn for the last 8 years in football is a great stretch for MSU.

Just remember Babs, you will always be an MSU fan, rooting for a program that will never be first in it's own state.

You continually act like the red headed stepchild fan that you are.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

And you Lillian; will be THIRD in importance, in your state.

Honestly, no real followers of UM v. MSU would EVER claim UM is superior to MSU.

You'll see that this weekend in the CCHA playoffs, and we've all seen it recently since we joined the Big-10 in football, that MSU has done FAR better than most of you say. More National Championships. Everything. So, ANY real fan of the two schools knows that UM has NOTHING on MSU. At least we win a couple here and there vs. their gridiron teams. Izzo's record vs. scUM is 17-1 !!!!!!!

Chode.
Killian

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:And you Lillian; will be THIRD in importance, in your state.

Honestly, no real followers of UM v. MSU would EVER claim UM is superior to MSU.

You'll see that this weekend in the CCHA playoffs, and we've all seen it recently since we joined the Big-10 in football, that MSU has done FAR better than most of you say. More National Championships. Everything. So, ANY real fan of the two schools knows that UM has NOTHING on MSU. At least we win a couple here and there vs. their gridiron teams. Izzo's record vs. scUM is 17-1 !!!!!!!

Chode.
UofM is better academically, has the most wins and highest winning percentage all time in football, has more national championships in hockey, has a better baseball tradition, and is constantly in the hunt for the Sears Cup. How exactly does UofM have "nothing" on MSU?

But ND will be third in Indiana? Even though they have the most national championships in football, the most heisman trophy winners, second highest winning percentage, second most wins, etc. and they have a richer basketball tradition than Purdue and recently passed IU in most wins? Hell Babs, ND is practically second in the state of Michigan. They have their own beat writer for the freep and the news. They also have their own beat writer for the Chicago Tribune. Does MSU?

And what the fuck is your definition of "recently"? 60 fucking years? And you may want to check your boy Izzo's record against UofM. I guarantee it's not fucking 17-1. Funny how I know your team better than you do off the top of my head.

UofM trumps anything MSU has ever done.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

See, this is what I love about the "historian" poster. He always has to go back before the facemask days. Hell, the helmet days!

Laughing at you, Domer. :lol:
Killian

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:See, this is what I love about the "historian" poster. He always has to go back before the facemask days. Hell, the helmet days!

Laughing at you, Domer. :lol:
You're the one that mentiond that since you "recently" joined the Big 10 you were better than Michigan with more National Championships, etc.

Since facemasks were brought into play, I bet ND has more NC's than MSU does in all it's football history.

You are a 4th rate poster from a 2nd rate school.