Go Mizzou, beat Texas!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Go Mizzou, beat Texas!

Post by Moby Dick »

that's right Mizzou fan.

i'm pullin hard for you guys come saturday.

i figure...Mizzou beats Texas. Tech beats Texas...Texas beats okie light and OU wins out...we'll be sittin' pretty :wink:

so...what's Mizzou's war-cry? i wanna chant it come saturday night...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Re: Go Mizzou, beat Texas!

Post by RadioFan »

Moby Dick wrote:i figure...Mizzou beats Texas. Tech beats Texas...Texas beats okie light and OU wins out...we'll be sittin' pretty
Mizzou wouldn't necessarily have to beat Texas for OU to get in. If Tech can beat Texas, and OU beats Tech (provided all 3 win out the rest of their games), then you'd have a 3-way tie and BCS rankings would come into play.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Moby Dick wrote:that's right Mizzou fan.

i'm pullin hard for you guys come saturday.

i figure...Mizzou beats Texas.
Sounds like a plan. Tigers are or should be some very pissed off hombres right now and badly want to make amends for blowing the chance of a lifetime last Saturday.

I say they can and will do it, 38-35.
Tech beats Texas...Texas beats okie light and OU wins out...we'll be sittin' pretty
Hmmm... I doubt Tech can bring home that part of the trifecta after barely squeaking out an OT win against the Corn, but you never know.

One thing for sure, though. Mizzoufan badly wants Sooner blood at Arrowhead in December... so bad I can almost taste it. I could give a fuck what Bowl game we go to. I want OU fan, every last one of you fuckers, in KC... where I'll buy the first round, and a 2nd even for a few select Sooner honks who wear Bonham av's or who called from a Springfield watch party last year to serenade over the phone after the Alamo debacle.

so...what's Mizzou's war-cry? i wanna chant it come saturday night...
Not sure we have one, I'll defer to adel the wet-blanket on that one.

In B-ball (which was always my 1st Mizzou passion) it was and is something lame and simple.

LET'S GO TIGERS!!!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

If OU and Mizzou meet for the Big XII championships you got yourself a deal. And i'll gladly return the rounds.

that's if my wife lets me. dammit.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

have to find a Hotel in KC for KU game and Title game.

have bleeders for KU game, had to get tickets through Jayhawks web site. Bought Big12 title game tickets months ago.

have a road trip planned for next year, since we couldnt get tickets for Tejas, we're going to Reno for Nevada game. Of course it was my choice, staying in Tahoe, and will be gambling on anything that has a number or blinks!!!!

Wags

how are you going to share a pint with OU fans, you actually going to go to a game???? I mean, its in your back yard, it's not like its in CoMo, and the 2 hour drive.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any of y'all seriously think either Missouri or T-Tech can beat the Longhorns?

I don't see it happening.
crazier things have happened :wink:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any of y'all seriously think either Missouri or T-Tech can beat the Longhorns?

I don't see it happening.
Yes, I seriously think Mizzou can beat Texas.

Good article in the KC fishwrap today:

MU players still believe they can reach their goals
By MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star
COLUMBIA | Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is not a captain of the Tigers football team. But he played one at a Sunday team meeting.

“If you don’t think we can get off that plane and win, don’t get on that plane,” Weatherspoon said of Missouri’s game Saturday night at No. 1 Texas. “Don’t even come to practice this week.”

Sure, Missouri was and probably still is hurting from Saturday’s 28-23 home loss to Oklahoma State.

The defeat dropped the Tigers from No. 3 in The Associated Press poll to No. 11. Even had Mizzou beaten then-No. 17 Oklahoma State, the Tigers might have been an underdog at Texas, fresh off a 45-35 victory that cost Oklahoma the No. 1 ranking.

“Underdogs, overdogs, whatever you want to call it,” MU quarterback Chase Daniel said Monday. “It doesn’t matter to us. We’re going to prepare as much as we possibly can and overprepare more than we ever have to get ready for this game.”

Sophomore center Tim Barnes suggested the Tigers take defeat “as a wake-up call.”

“See what we have to do to get back up on top,” he said.

The Debbie Downers out there contend there is nothing Missouri can do. They say the Tigers’ shot at playing for a national championship is gone.

Now? Well, can the Tigers even win the Big 12 North? Especially if they lose at Texas and fall to 5-2 and even lower in the rankings?

“We know what’s out there for us,” said MU defensive end Stryker Sulak. “We’ve got to go down to Texas and take that game. But everything is still out there.”

Weatherspoon has heard the doomsday sentiments from those who have heaped the-end-is-near predictions on the Tigers on Internet message boards since Saturday’s loss.

Fortunately for MU fans, Weatherspoon says the tongue-wagging ignores recent history.

“I don’t know if you watched the national championship last year,” Weatherspoon said, “but the team that won it had two losses.”

Sure enough, LSU lost to what was at that time a No. 17 Kentucky team 43-37 in triple overtime on Oct. 13. LSU lost to Arkansas 50-48 in three overtimes on Nov. 23.

And yes, LSU beat Tennessee in the SEC title game and, in part because No. 1 Missouri was dominated by Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, LSU qualified for the BCS title game, where it beat Ohio State.

Does that mean Missouri can do the same? Maybe. Maybe not.

The thing is that the Tigers — at least some of them — believe they can.

“We control our own destiny,” Weatherspoon said.

Indeed, after Texas, Missouri finishes its regular season against Colorado, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State and Kansas. Only KU is currently ranked, at No. 16.

If Missouri wins out and finishes 11-1, the Tigers will play in the Big 12 title game at Arrowhead Stadium. If MU loses at Texas and then wins out, the Tigers still have a good chance to win the North at 10-2.

It’s what Weatherspoon has been preaching, just as if he really were a team captain.

“Think about it, man,” Weatherspoon said. “What are the odds of somebody running the table? There are a lot of great football teams out there. A lot of great conferences and a lot of great football to be played.

“We’re playing the No. 1 team in the country. If you don’t believe in us, then you just stay home. I don’t care who you are.”
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

The only way to describe this game is... mudhole.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

campinfool wrote:The only way to describe this game is... mudhole.
<---- before the Okie State game. :doh:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Over-confidence,

it's a bitch.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Nothing points to a Missouri victory. History is not on their side. They haven't won in Austin in over 100 years. Mack Brown is 10-0 following the OU game at Texas. Gary Pinkel still coaches the Tigers. Chase Daniel is good, but seems to get ratteld when faced with pressure and Texas will probably be in his face pretty often. And I don't see the Missouri D stopping Texas enough to give their team a chance. If if was a night game on the road then Texas probably loses, but in Austin, no chance for Missouri.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

campinfool wrote:Nothing points to a Missouri victory. History is not on their side. They haven't won in Austin in over 100 years.
Well, it's not like they've played there many times during that "over 100 years" so just throw that little factoid right out the window. Mizzou also hadn't won at Nebraska since 1978, a string of 15 games. Up until last season, they hadn't won at either Colorado or K-State in many years either.
Mack Brown is 10-0 following the OU game at Texas.
Seems like as good as time as any to end that run, no? Especially an over-confident team up against a wounded animal.
If if was a night game on the road then Texas probably loses, but in Austin, no chance for Missouri.
Well, shit... you're probably right. Mike Alden just needs to call up ABC and say thanks but no thanks, we're staying home and save the air fare. Make KU-OU the prime time game instead.

Then again, if it's all the same to you... maybe they'll just go ahead and show up any damn way.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh, they’ll show up all right. And I’m betting they get their asses handed to them. Texas by 12.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

War Wagon wrote:
Well, shit... you're probably right. Mike Alden just needs to call up ABC and say thanks but no thanks, we're staying home and save the air fare. Make KU-OU the prime time game instead.

I'm glad we can agree on something. :D
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:
campinfool wrote:Nothing points to a Missouri victory. History is not on their side. They haven't won in Austin in over 100 years.
Well, it's not like they've played there many times during that "over 100 years" so just throw that little factoid right out the window.
Ya know when I first saw that little historical stat my first thought was...well how many times has MU played in Austin?...different conferences and all since the beginning of time.

FWIW Nebraska hasn't beaten Kansas City Medics in 112 years! Those fuckers have an all time record of 2-1-2 against us! We gotta get'em scheduled, of course when we get a little better.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker wrote: Ya know when I first saw that little historical stat my first thought was...well how many times has MU played in Austin?...different conferences and all since the beginning of time.
Beginning of time? Close enough... it is pretty cool these two have been going at it that long. That history does deserve some respect, even if that campinfool fool misuses that history.
FWIW Nebraska hasn't beaten Kansas City Medics in 112 years! Those fuckers have an all time record of 2-1-2 against us! We gotta get'em scheduled, of course when we get a little better.
bwa... no.

Cornhusker... you're not getting the Chiefs on your schedule anytime soon, but I suspect the Raiders may have an open date.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

campinfool wrote:Nothing points to a Missouri victory. History is not on their side. They haven't won in Austin in over 100 years. Mack Brown is 10-0 following the OU game at Texas. Gary Pinkel still coaches the Tigers. Chase Daniel is good, but seems to get ratteld when faced with pressure and Texas will probably be in his face pretty often. And I don't see the Missouri D stopping Texas enough to give their team a chance. If if was a night game on the road then Texas probably loses, but in Austin, no chance for Missouri.

wasnt it Muschamp that was quoted "Stats are for losers"?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i just dont see how Mizzou can beat tejas, not because Tejas is a superior team, but Dave C and Eberflus will shit the bed when it comes to having to make adjustments at half. they are clueless. so unless Daniel and the line make their own adjustments, they wont have a shot.

you can win with a bad coach, but you cant win with shit coords.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Texas will beat Mizzou with play action off an underrated run game and OL and control the clock and keep MU's D on the field. just like they did with OU.

UT's front four is for real. they are going to be on Daniel all day.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

King Crimson wrote:UT's front four is for real. they are going to be on Daniel all day.
That's my thought also.

Misery should be outta the top 25 by Sunday.

The way the pollsters are going this year with the Big 12... they may even move up a spot (very SEC like).
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Normally, I would be on board with a t.u. bitch slappin, but misery, especially that faggot ass cocky mother fucking fatass pissant who dinks and dunks they call a qb, could use a good buttfuck in the mouth.

t.u. up 21-0 right now.

Hope A&M defense is watching the whorns manhandle a "spread". It CAN be done....
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I feel your pain, Mizzou fan. It sucks to run into a real team.

Reality hurts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I feel your pain, Mizzou fan. It sucks to run into a real team.

Reality hurts.

I think what we saw today was a little "seperation Saturday"...that's definitely the case in the Big Ten with the Nittany Lions and Buckeyes setting up for their showdown next week in Columbus.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

e wrote:Fort Hays State 7
#5 The Northwest Missouri State University 56

The #1 Lakers win again...34-10 over Findlay. At least one team from Michigan can beat an opponent from Ohio today. :mrgreen:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I won't say that I didn't think a blow-out was possible, but this is just embarrassing and unreal. McCoy fumbles the ball, picks it up, and throws complete 20 yards downfield? You've got to be kidding me.

Texas is obviously a much better team by light years and I'm not making any excuses. The way these Tigger pussies are playing tonight, they'll be doing good to beat Kansas.

Watching the Chiefs roll-over against Tennessee tommorrow will be easier to watch than this.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Mizzou really isn't that good defensively. That has been apparent all year.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

PSUFAN wrote:Mizzou really isn't that good defensively. That has been apparent all year.

My 'skers made 'em look good( :oops: ) but outside of that they've been a pretty average squad, and average doesn't stop a horn team playing like this.

This game definitely surprised me though, couldn't see Mizzou's O being kept in check two weeks in a row.

I can't see anyone not voting Texas #1 right now.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

God damn tarot cards worked again.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I watched a good portion of this game, and yes, I agree - UT is damn good - the legit #1, I think. McCoy was awesome, and the RB whose name I am not trying to type is fast and ripped.

I was chuckling at the fact that just about every offensive play in this game was an inside slant. I think PSU might have a good chance at UT if we make it that far simply because UT won't have seen I Form or lateral passes... :lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote:Mizzou's defense looked like they were about 60-70% as fast as SC/LSU's defenses.
Truthfully, it looked like they were playing in a bumper bowling wheelchair contest.

Absolutely pathetic.

Speed's not the factor. The ability to wrap up and actually tackle a ball carrier, put him on the ground... that's the issue.

If I'm the coach of that team, they'd have to walk home.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

campinfool wrote:
God damn tarot cards worked again.
uh, that and a qb. mizzou's a flash in the pan. the sun's down and they didn't make hay.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mizzou can always be a North contender, fight for a big12 title

all u have to do, is get the right coords, and keep the in state talent.

they had 4 all americans last season, all from Missouri.

the defensive scheme is poor to say the least, i said they had no shot, why would i think Eberflus and DC could come up with a plan to beat tejas??? KST can come up with a plan, and they were shit those 2 seasons. CU had a plan on beating OU.

Some one said they put For Sale signs in Pinkels yard, i doubt it, but would be funny.

Next year will be a make or break if Pinkel stays around, no one to over come the poor coaching. brand new QB, many of best players gone. 3-4 loss season.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Before the season started last year, the 'horns d-line was rated as one of the top units in college football. Okam was supposed to match Dorsey as one of the best d-lineman in the country. Okam and that Texas d-line shit the bed last year. Lack of motivation was the issue.

Enter Will Mushchamp and that d-line is salty. They are playing physical and getting great bursts off the ends forcing the QBs to step up in the pocket. It's been great watching them play. They have a non-stop motor.

As for the Big XII defenses, yeah, the majority of them are bad. Texas and Ok State look good. OU's front seven was supposed to be one of the best in the country and they have looked awful at times this season. Ryan Reynolds not being 100% doesn't help either.

I think the Big XII is still one of the better, if not the best, conferences in the nation. The rediculous talent at the QB position has created explosive offenses within the conference, and consequently, the Big XII has taken on this mentality to just outscore their opponents. How good or bad a defense is when you have that mentality can be misleading. We'll find out come bowl time.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:Watching the Chiefs roll-over against Tennessee tommorrow will be easier to watch than this.
How's it going so far? Looks like my Titans will remain undefeated.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

e wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Watching the Chiefs roll-over against Tennessee tommorrow will be easier to watch than this.
How's it going so far? Looks like my Titans will remain undefeated.
i think the comment was "roll-over against Tennessee." so far, wags was right on.

btw...kcstar.com had a poll earlier this week asking how long it would take brodie cripple to get injured again. i voted first game. i was right.
umm...i "got it" when wags said kc would get rolled. what didn't you get about my take?